Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't aware that there was a rule that royals could not get married around the six weeks lent period. There are hardly any official royal engagements that I know of for Easter. Harry did not even spend last year's Easter in the UK. He was in Toronto with Meghan.

The Queen is a deeply religious woman, though. I don't think she would approve of a wedding in Lent.
Anyway, most modern royals have, for their first marriages anyway, married in the warmer, sunnier months. It gets tourists and others out on the streets. February is a cold and miserable month in England.
Most royals in the BRF have a five-six month engagement.

Not just the Queen but the high ranking clergy of the Church of England that would perform the ceremony. And it is not just royals, but anyone wanting a church wedding during Lent generally have a low key wedding as churches frown upon festive decor during the Holy season.

https://www.yourchurchwedding.org/article/when-can-i-marry-in-church/
"Lent, the 40 days which lead up to Easter Day, is another special time when churches are remembering the temptation of Jesus in the desert. It is a time of reflection and self-restraint, so churches may take down decorations and possibly reduce the number of weddings they do during this time."

Last edited:
:previous: That's my understanding. It's not that a couple can't wed during Lent, rather that the tone of the wedding can't be festive, Queen Victoria's son and heir Albert Edward, the future Edward VII, married during Lent.

Kate's due date is in April. If I remember correctly Charlotte's due date was also in April but she wasn't born until May! This is why I have my doubts they'll have a May wedding.

If it's true that Kate's due date is April 8. she is unlikely to go into May.

I think we must wait for an announce of the engagement before to speculate about a possible wedding

Perhaps Harry will wait some time before to announce an engagement, a little as his brother who waited 10 years before to announce the big news

Well, if Harry waits for ten years before getting engaged Meghan will be 46 and Harry 43. I can't see it, myself. I think it's likely to be soon, late November or December of this year.

Well, if Harry waits for ten years before getting engaged Meghan will be 46 and Harry 43. I can't see it, myself. I think it's likely to be soon, late November or December of this year.

Harry doesn't need to wait for 10 years... if he waits another 6 months, he'll have been dating her for two years. Since we're adding 3 years to the length of time W&K dated before the engagement, in the public memory H&M will have dated for 5 years, and we're all tied up nicely with a bow.

I love the idea of Bogart and Guy being included in the photocall for the engagement announcement. Furbabies are an integral part of a family. That would really warm the cockles of the Queen's heart knowing that her grandson found two wonderful furbabies to love *and* the perfect woman that came along with them.

If Meghan has moved to the UK on a fiancee visa, I don't think we're going to be waiting too much longer for an announcement. They're getting their ducks all in a row and we're just waiting to be told where them ducks are all lined up at. I'm thinking a wedding perhaps at the end of May which gives time for the birth and a bit of recovery and then the wedding before everything starts up for the busy season in June with the Garter ceremony, Trooping the Color and Ascot week. Those would be wonderful times for the newlyweds to appear with all the pomp and circumstances of British royal life and then head into the summer down season to get settled into their married life.

There's a lot to look forward to and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it. :D

Folks, royal engagements can be long. Peter and Autumn announced their engagement July 2007. They didn’t get married until May 2008. So, Royal engagement and wedding timetables can vary, not necessarily due at a short timetable.

We just have to wait and see how everything will unfold.

London is 6 hours ahead of us in Central Time. Maybe when I get up tomorrow there will be news!

LaRae
I live in the central time zone. I will be sitting in front of the television at 11:00 am.

The Royal Watchers on Twitter are pretty quiet. Charlie Proctor said there's a meeting at BP this afternoon for the staff but it could be about the Queen's schedule or Christmas stuff etc.

LaRae

Well I'm starting to see on various twitter feeds that nothing is being announced today. People are leaning toward Monday, or sometime next week.

This is starting to look a lot like a baby watch. False alarms all over the place. :lol:

It’s reminding of 2010 all over again. The media knew an announcement was coming, but the rumors of which time and day was nuts. It’s best to be calm and wait for it.

I certainly think its coming. Just not today. Isn't it almost 5:00PM in the UK now? I just don't see anyone announcing anything this major at 5:00PM on a Friday. Now come Monday morning? I will officially be on watch. :)

Not going to be today. W&K have an event tonight so focus will be there too.

LaRae

Folks, royal engagements can be long. Peter and Autumn announced their engagement July 2007. They didn’t get married until May 2008. So, Royal engagement and wedding timetables can vary, not necessarily due at a short timetable.

We just have to wait and see how everything will unfold.

Peter and Autumn are not royals. Related to royals, yes, but not royals.

Exactly. Its a whole different ball of wax. Their wedding and their planning of the wedding is no where on the same scale as one that will be Harry and Meghan's. Peter and Autumn's wedding was more on a personal scale and timetable than this one will be.

LaRae

Just saw that. I have to agree. Today is looking like a wash.

I wonder if we will ever find out what got the media (well some of them) in such a dither about yesterday/today? On the face of it, the timing didn't seem to make sense for an announcement. Just Meghan being in London? Because we knew that would happen as soon as she wrapped no matter what. They hadn't seen each other for a while and she'd been very focused on wrapping up filming. It makes perfect sense she'd want to see him as soon as she could. Possibly she flew over there because they are going on a trip together. Hence the swimwear. :)

Yes, I know that. I’m just saying engagements can last for a while.

After getting excited over the media frenzy (I'm curious to know what started that, it was very different), I'm thinking Meghan will settle to UK for a few weeks, and then before the end of 2017 there will be an announcement.

I think it was a little piece in the Evening Standard of the night before, in which a diarist called LondonGirl, London Diary (something like that) stated that the BBC had been put on alert for a coming announcement shortly. IMO that was the origin of it all.

Then a journalist from the Fail (where else!) called Sarah Robertson must have jumped on board, she spread the glad tidings via her Twitter and both she and some of the media and Twitter itself started getting excited overnight making two and two five. The frenzy then built on itself, though some of the media/correspondents etc were sceptical. I believed it just snowballed as sometimes these things do.

Today’s announcement was on The Queen...not on Harry and Meghan yet.

After getting excited over the media frenzy (I'm curious to know what started that, it was very different), I'm thinking Meghan will settle to UK for a few weeks, and then before the end of 2017 there will be an announcement.

Me as well. I'm really interested to know what led to this frenzy. Personally I hope they are going away for a little trip. We're not going anywhere! LOL! We'll be right here, whenever they decide to announce. :)

Edited to Add: I was typing as you were Curryong. I think what you say makes sense. Because a lot of the "real" correspondents were more skeptical.

Last edited:
Well you've got to admit if the two actually do get married it could potentially spice things up for the House of Windsor. ?

-Frozen Royalist

I can say one thing...after such a rough and tough year for the UK and United States and other places, a royal engagement would be very welcomed news on both sides of the pond.

KP hasn’t shut down the noise though. I think the royals and Palace officials have a way for letting the media know that they’re running this show. They’ll announce when it’s planned to be announced.

Last edited:
I agree with you, wyevale. The last thing the "Firm" and the monarchy needs is spicing up. I think we had our fill of that during the 90s.

Its best if things continue to work and run on an even keel. This isn't to say that watching Harry and Meghan together in action isn't going to be a pure joy but I don't see them really deviating from the norm.

LaRae

I believe Charles and Camilla had an event on the day William and Kate announced their engagement. IMO the day (Friday) is a more likely reason why an announcement wasn't going to happen today.

The BRF are neither a recipe, nor a Soap Opera.. thank you very much !

The BRF has been a soap opera for decades now, which is why I find it funny when people suggest Meghan will turn the royals into a soap opera or celebrities. That train has already left the station. :lol:

Well you've got to admit if the two actually do get married it could potentially spice things up for the House of Windsor. ?

-Frozen Royalist

I agree. :flowers: A wedding and newlyweds are always interesting. We are romantics after all, not so? ;)

Watching the new household form will be fun, especially with an American in the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom