Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with that. Her going to Chicago might be their best bet and it would be pretty private. Any sighting would be by pure chance, if they tried to go out somewhere. But since this is in the middle of the week, it's very possible she won't be free. They might be telling themselves, "Hey, we'll be together all the time soon enough!"

I think it's unlikely that he would go to Toronto due to the hue and cry the last time he tried to stop off on his way home from an engagement.

She could go to Chicago but that would cause it's own set of issues if she popped up ..it would have to be very low key. Possible though.

LaRae

I would have to agree that Harry seems far more content, comfortable in his own skin so to say since he started dating Meghan. I too had never heard of her so I hit the net and did a little research.

I was overwhelmingly pleased that Meghan was not a silver-spoon socialite and seemed to have her feet solidly on mother earth. She appears to be a very positive personality, more cup half full than empty, and that makes a big difference because being self-confident enabled her to follow her dreams.

The creation of her blog 'The Tig' gave her a platform to not just talk about fashion and food but her particular brand of feminism and wanting to advance the cause of women which led 'UN Women' to reach out and ask if she would like to participate.

I watched her speech at 'UN Women' and her interview with Larry King and several others and discovered an outgoing, educated, sensible woman. A woman with a successful job and a diversity of interests, one who was willing to put in the time to do her part in improving the 'lot' of women. I also read an interview from 'Ebony' and, smiled at the sign-off.

Meghan Markle ‘Suits’ Up for Success [INTERVIEW] - EBONY

Prince Harry could do a whole lot worse for a life partner but I am not so sure he could do a whole lot better.

Thank you Marg for the above news article, what a wonderful young lady she is, darn, so down to earth and focused and just an amazing young woman. I was blown away by her attitude about life and all that comes with it. The ups and downs and how she handles them, Harry has really found a precious jewel in this woman for sure.?

Thank you Marg for the above news article, what a wonderful young lady she is, darn, so down to earth and focused and just an amazing young woman. I was blown away by her attitude about life and all that comes with it. The ups and downs and how she handles them, Harry has really found a precious jewel in this woman for sure.?

Yeps! we are in love with this couple. Not because he's cute or she's gorgeous or they both have great hair but because of specific reasons that have been presented in this thread that allows us to get to *know* them for the people they are and how they interact together and have similar goals and similar likes and dislikes and a whole bunch of other things. The past articles and interviews are priceless.

As a sweat shirt said that I gave my dad one year for Christmas with Charlie Brown characters on it set to play baseball (he was a little league coach at the time and wore it for all games) "How can we lose when we're so sincere." That epitomizes, for me, what we see in Harry and Meghan. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Next sighting. Hmmmm........we'll we know he's in Chicago next week. I know it gets tricky because he will be there working. I know the last time he stopped to see her after an official trip caused an uproar. I would think if he payed for his own flight from say Chicago to Toronto, that would be ok, but apparently even that is frowned on. Now Meghan could turn up in Chicago. Get her own hotel room and everything. I mean she's a private citizen. She can go where she,wants. However, we don't know her schedule. She doesn't have the type of life and career where she can just drop everything at a moments notice. I don't know. I find it really hard to believe that they would be so close and not see each other at all. However I'm not seeing how it works out.

Actually I was thinking she could turn up in Chicago. The flight from Chicago to Toronto isn't that long - if she has a long enough break in filming she could come to Chi town for dinner and then head back right after... She could legit fly down, do dinner in the evening and then fly back early the next morning.

The flight on Air Canada is less than 2 hours from Chicago - and she gains an hour because it's on Central Time. She could easily take a 6am flight back the next day to be back for filming.

Actually I was thinking she could turn up in Chicago. The flight from Chicago to Toronto isn't that long - if she has a long enough break in filming she could come to Chi town for dinner and then head back right after... She could legit fly down, do dinner in the evening and then fly back early the next morning.

The flight on Air Canada is less than 2 hours from Chicago - and she gains an hour because it's on Central Time. She could easily take a 6am flight back the next day to be back for filming.

That would be true dedication! But people in love do crazy things. It could work. But I doubt we'd know anything about it until it was over, if then.

Thank you for this article! I hadn't seen it. Really, good insight into her thought process and motivations. It looks like the BRF will have a worker on their hands! I can see she and Sophie hitting it off. Possibly she and Autumn. Both educated, careerwomen.

I just became emotional thinking about how perfectly Meghan fits in. It's literally like she prepared her whole life for this - her philanthropic works and idealism about helping others in the world, etc.. Acting is just what she does to pay her bills - but philanthropy - which is basically the job of a royal - is her passion.

Wow. I do think she and Sophie would get along really well. Meghan will be chomping at the bit to get going in patronages and charities.

I know she'll likely focus on getting pregnant first, but I don't see her letting that keep her from doing the work immediately - kinda like Diana in that sense.

Marg I just watched Meghan's interview with Larry King...she's very well spoken and articulate. Plus she has a very good message. I do like that she was talking about the issues and how to resolve them without getting negative.

LaRae

Maybe, maybe not. :whistling:

Charles and Camilla do seem happy together but I don't know that we can assume second marriages are happier. That is one case.

But it is true that divorce should no longer be a stumbling block for Harry and Meghan.
What was unthinkable once upon a time is quite commonplace now.
Times change.

Anne and Tim seem to be happy as well-so both of the Queen's children who married again seem to have successful marriages as Jacqui pointed out.

And just because Meghan is divorced, we don't know why (not that it is any of our business.) Maybe her ex-husband decided he didn't like being married. Who knows.

Last edited:
:previous: Good heavens, with all this doom and gloom I find myself hoping that if/when an engagement is announced, it is short and sweet. If they have their ducks all in a row and it is announced when and where the wedding is to take place, all we will have to do is get swept up in the usual pre-wedding hype.

Pondering wedding gowns and uniforms sounds good right about now. :ermm:

Once there is an engagement announced I imagine we'll get a wedding date shortly after. William & Kate's wedding date was announced Nov 23 after the engagement announcement on Nov 16.

Sorry don't know that I believe that article...

LaRae

These articles are going to get crazier ...I just saw one claiming she's 3 months pregnant with Harry's child.

They are desperate to sell something so they make it up as they go along.

LaRae

These articles are going to get crazier ...I just saw one claiming she's 3 months pregnant with Harry's child.

They are desperate to sell something so they make it up as they go along.

LaRae

I saw that tonight at the grocery store! So ridiculous. I know there is free press but geez, there should be limits (or at least label it fantasy.)

I agree - her being an actress isn't what brought them together. Maybe Harry did see her picture on Markus Anderson's instagram, but meh... I'm sure there will be an interesting take on how they met in the movie about them that I'm sure Hollywood is already thinking about - should they go the distance and get engaged/married.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven’t been on here much lately and I think maybe it’s just well. It seems posters can’t have a view about this topic. I respect everyone’s view even if I don’t agree. I am concerned about this couple Meghan does appear to move on to the next romance rather quickly. It is thought it’s better to spend some time single and reflect on the reasons for a breakup But this is my only concern so hopefully it’s happy ever after. Please respect my view

I’ve had to delete a number of posts due to off-topic discussions and in-fighting. Just a reminder about the rules for this thread and the forum:

• Posts that are made or are deemed to have been made with the intentions to incite arguments, may/will be deleted without notice. As will posts that simply repeat the same negative opinion over and over (without participating in the discussion).

• Please note that name-calling and defamatory statements against royals are not made acceptable by the addition of 'IMO' ('in my opinion') or similar expressions. If one of your posts has been removed by a moderator because of the content, it will have been removed because of how you expressed yourself, not simply because you were critical. You're welcome to reword your post to express your opinion within the limits set by our rules.
Let’s remember that this is a discussion forum, not a fansite. All of the opinions expressed (both positive and negative) are based in some part on our own personal feelings, so this means not everyone will view things the same way. There will be a variety of opinions - some of those opinions you will agree with and some you will not. As long as a post follows the forum rules, all opinions are welcome.

Also, please be mindful of how you interact with your fellow members. You can have a respectful discussion without resorting to personal attacks and back and forth in-fighting. If you feel a post is violating forum rules, please report it instead of engaging with the poster and further disrupting the thread.

I haven’t been on here much lately and I think maybe it’s just well. It seems posters can’t have a view about this topic. I respect everyone’s view even if I don’t agree. I am concerned about this couple Meghan does appear to move on to the next romance rather quickly. It is thought it’s better to spend some time single and reflect on the reasons for a breakup But this is my only concern so hopefully it’s happy ever after. Please respect my view

Over the years, I have really enjoyed your posts and find them well thought out and with good reason behind them. I may not always agree with you but its having different points of view that make for a really good discussion.

Glad to see that you're back again. :D

The rumor that PH knew of MM from suits is interesting. I thought they where just at the right place at the right time and then introduced to each other. PH does seem to have alot of contacts both famous and not famous. Anything is possible. Another interesting point is the fact that Mike Tindall is a fan of Suits, perhaps Harry knowing of her before meeting her is not that farfetched.

When you're on TV once a week, even without watching the show itself, there are trailers that are aired often enough that people would have a faint idea that Meghan was a familiar face. I knew *of* Meghan Markle before this relationship started. I'd even seen her in a starring role in a Hallmark movie but wouldn't have been able to put Meghan's name with the character in the movie until the relationship broke into the news and it was specifically stated that Meghan starred in the Hallmark movies "Dater's Handbook" and "When Sparks Fly". I'm an avid watcher of Hallmark movies (so is hubby surprisingly) and I never made the connection.

We'll probably find out some details from Harry and Meghan themselves from what they divulge into the public domain if and when they announce their engagement. :D

Another interesting tidbit that I've just put together is that these Hallmark movies were made in the same time line she was appearing in Suits. Actors and actresses often spend their "down" time appearing in other projects.

Last edited:

This is a fair view and it seems that you're basing this on some knowledge of timeframes? I'm not really clear on the details of Meghan's previous relationship and when it ended, etc., so it's hard to say but I can understand if some people think she moved on quickly looking at the general timeframe.

What is the timeframe, btw? I mean - the actual, real, we know for sure timeframe? Do we actually know what that is?

It's so hard to tell - without knowing intimate details of what happened in that relationship it's hard to judge the aftermath.

What I see right now though is that Meghan appears to be doing everything in her power to be committed - closing down the Tig, ending her contract with that department store, etc., and possibly leaving Suits (we'll soon find out I guess)... and also disappearing from social media, etc...

Just a question for you royal rob - since I've noticed that you've been reticent about M+H from the beginning - was this the only reason or was there anything else?

Oh jiminy cricket, I was in the middle of reply last night to find thread shut down. I thought now what...I’m so happy it’s back! Can we start a thread on something like what do you do preparing to watch royal weddings. Just a thought. If our excitement is building, can you imagine the RFs?

I too think Meghan is very well prepared for what seems to be ahead. Of course, there will probably be unforeseen adjustments as in any relationship. She’s smart and savvy.

For the last royal wedding, I was doing pretty much what I'm doing right now. Spending time on these forums and participating in different threads and eagerly learning more and more about the British royal family, the actual people themselves in their various threads and learning more about the ins and outs of how the monarchy works. It really helped my background information when the actual wedding was being planned and discussed.

Focusing on a royal wedding never really entered the picture and was never rampant as it is right now with watching Harry and Meghan. So, actually, Will and Kate's engagement announcement when it came on Nov. 16, 2010 was a total surprise at least for me.

With Harry and Meghan's relationship, I think because of the strict statement that Harry made about a year ago, we got our first glimmer that these two people were very serious about each other and it has been building up since. This is the most active Harry thread that I've ever seen and with Harry and Meghan being so close to the vest about their relationship, opinions are rampant and we all see things differently perhaps and that makes for some good discussions yet can get very heated as we've seen.

Overall, I think all of us are in the best possible spot we can be in when it comes to a future royal wedding. From the engagement announcement until the couple leave on their honeymoon, there will be much to discuss, mull over, celebrate and just overall being able to have like minded friends to share it all with. :D

I remember watching Princess Anne’s wedding. I never thought then that there would ever be a forum to discuss such things.

FashionMaven
I have read many articles but I don’t take notes etc all I know is that her marriage ended in 2013 there was a soccer player after this I think but anyway the chef was 2014-2016 when she meet Harry. None of this might be true but we can only base our opinion on what we read etc She might have all that sorted now and know what she wants
I’m very happy for friends who I have meet here that are very sure it will be a great marriage I really hope their right.

The only thing I can find for confirmed relationships are

Her ex-husband (2004 to 2013)

The Golfer Rory Mcllroy (briefly in 2014)

The Chef Cory Vitillo (not sure of start date but supposed to have started sometime after Mcllroy and gone off and on until it ended around April of 2016)

I didn’t know how to handle myself when the Cambridges’s engagement announcement came. I turned on the tv to that news and I leapt up with a surprise and excitement. I knew it was coming but just didn’t know when.

It’s just a “wait and see” with Harry and Meghan. I’m just eagerly waiting to see more of this couple. They’re older, wiser and at the point in their lives where they know what they want.

Perhaps Meghan's past relationships can be put into a nutshell with a quote from E.L. James who says "You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your Prince". :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom