Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I foster a private imagining that they are already married with the approval of HM, have purchased a home in a beloved part of Africa, have a five year plan to grow charities of mutual enthusiasm and are working on having a baby. In the same way that all the posters on this thread find that their speculation makes them happy; my speculation makes me happy (if not right). :flowers:

I didn't go thru the Catherine and William pre-marriage stuff and I'm glad, because if this thread is anything to go by, it must have been like wading thru treacle.

I yearn for clarity and facts - not this stuff.

I'll come back when and if there is an engagement announcement.

I couldn't agree more, and that's the reason why I barely go to this thread. And when I do, then I almost always find myself in endless discussions about Diana or the monarchy, which of course is my own fault.

Glad to see I'm not the only one.

I think we all know clarity and facts will never be in great abundance when it comes to the royals. Even when the engagement is announced, the thread will be full of speculation and even more "treacle". :lol:

On another note, it's interesting that Roya so clearly states that Harry and Meghan's appearances were "meticulously planned" by KP. She is quite reliable so I'd say that definitely gives more credence to an engagement being announced in December or January.

Didn't Fergie and Andrew get married in July? I know Charles and Di did. I don't see that as a good omen.

Didn't Fergie and Andrew get married in July? I know Charles and Di did. I don't see that as a good omen.

Yes they were married July 23,1986. But the Gloucesters were married July 8 (45 years married). James Oglivy and Julia July 30 (29 years of marriage). Lady Helen and Tim Taylor July 18 (25 years). Lady Sarah AJ and David Chatto July 14 (23 years of marriage). Davina, Rose and Zara were all also married in July.

Older back George V and Mary of Tech married July 6 and were married for over 40 years when he died.

I still like the idea of them not marrying in July. People will only remember that Charles and Di and Fergie and Andrew got married that month, not the other marriages.

I hope for an August or September wedding.

I have to say I wonder how far the Palace is mapping things out. Do you remember after Will and Kate got engaged and they visited England, Wales, Scotland and N. Ireland? Do you think engagements for those countries are being mapped out for Harry or Meghan? Or will those engagements not happen?

I would like a winter wedding or fall-October-anyone, but most likely, that won't happen.
Does anyone know or want to venture a guess to question upthread about whether or not, after an engagement is announced, if Meghan and Harry will visit Scotland, Wales, N. Ireland and do an engagement in England as Will and Kate did before their nuptials?

Last edited by a moderator:
Because Ive followed Harry for years I read the news of his new girlfriend from the report of Camilla Tominey in October and thought 'Oh this is interesting!'. I then waited for the fandom to explode all over the Internet and, true to form, it did.

People are settling down now but it hasn't been edifying to say the least! Here posters have certainly not been treacly in my estimation, but they haven't been brutal about Meghan either, and I've really appreciated that!

I think the summer months in England are always popular for weddings, for obvious reasons! However, I was hoping for May though not near Lent of course. If the engagement was announced in November after Suits that would be a nice, not too long interval, and if Kate has her baby in early April there would be no problem.

May or July really do seem like the best options to me. And since I like the idea of a pre-Christmas engagement announcement, I guess I lean more towards May than July.

I still like the idea of them not marrying in July. People will only remember that Charles and Di and Fergie and Andrew got married that month, not the other marriages.

I hope for an August or September wedding.

I have to say I wonder how far the Palace is mapping things out. Do you remember after Will and Kate got engaged and they visited England, Wales, Scotland and N. Ireland? Do you think engagements for those countries are being mapped out for Harry or Meghan? Or will those engagements not happen?

While HM and Philip are at Balmoral? Are you hoping for a crathie kirk wedding? It would be an interesting twist, very Anne and Tim.

While HM and Philip are at Balmoral? Are you hoping for a crathie kirk wedding? It would be an interesting twist, very Anne and Tim.

What is the rule on Balmoral? I know HMQ and Prince Phillip go there for the summer, but is there any flexibility? Obviously, the Queen's own children have gotten married in London in the summer. If it absolutely has to be after the Queen's regular return from Balmoral, it'll be after the next IG. Just don't see it happening May or earlier.

I would like a winter wedding or fall-October-anyone, but most likely, that won't happen.
Does anyone know or want to venture a guess to question upthread about whether or not, after an engagement is announced, if Meghan and Harry will visit Scotland, Wales, N. Ireland and do an engagement in England as Will and Kate did before their nuptials?

Meghan might accompany Harry to a suitable engagement to do with his charities in England after they are engaged. It would have to be a fairly informal one, though.

We don't know how many more engagements connected with new charities each of the younger royals will do next year, but as far as I know, as of now none of Harry's charities/causes are Scotland/Wales/NI specific. In fact Harry only just went to NI himself for the first time a few weeks ago. Royal fiancees since Diana and Sarah's day seem to mostly confine themselves to being supportive at polo matches and so on.

Of course all this depends on when the engagement is announced. If it's December we may see Meghan turning up to the Harry van Straubenzee memorial Carol service that happens every year in December. Harry was Prince Harry's great friend, killed in his teens, and Harry usually turns up for that.

Otherwise there's nothing much happens with the royals in the run up to Christmas. Weddings of friends were a guaranteed way of seeing Kate and William during their dating years but Harry is older and most of his friends are already wed.

What is the rule on Balmoral? I know HMQ and Prince Phillip go there for the summer, but is there any flexibility? Obviously, the Queen's own children have gotten married in London in the summer. If it absolutely has to be after the Queen's regular return from Balmoral, it'll be after the next IG. Just don't see it happening May or earlier.
The Queen and Prince Philip used to stay in London until after The Queen Mother's birthday on August 4th. Since her death, they've left London in late July instead.

There's not much flexibility. None of the Queen's children/grandchildren have gotten married in England during her Balmoral time, Zara got a Scottish wedding in late July. Buckingham Palace is also open to the public during her Balmoral time.

If an exception wasn't made before then I doubt a 97-year-old Philip and 92-year-old HM would suddenly change things next summer, at that age they'll be even less keen for unnecessary back and forth travel. The wedding will be scheduled around them, as it should be.

I agree that a May or earlier wedding seems unlikely. So if they can't squeeze in a wedding in June or July, then you're likely looking at a oct/nov wedding.

When Will and Kate did those engagements, except for the one in Scotland, they weren't charity related. I know in Wales, they christened a ship.
Why would Meghan going with Harry to an engagement re one of his charities have to be a "fairly informal one?"

Hey folks. What we can do to avoid a lot of confrontation and arguments and back and forth bickering is to take advantage of the "Ignore" function which is in your user control panel under "settings and options". I'm going to take advantage of that. :D

It was a lifeboat Kate christened while Will and Kate were engaged, not a ship.

When I wrote 'informal' I just meant that it would be much more likely that Meghan would be found at the polo when the season starts or at the Harry van Straubenzee concert or any weddings, than being there beside him when Harry performs official duties in uniform around the run up to Remembrance Day, for example. This is just my opinion. Could be wrong and often am!

The only couple I can remember that undertook a full blown tour of a country within the UK was Diana and Charles in Wales, soon after their honeymoon. That was a really joyful tour.

Last edited:
I don't think we're going to see the level of engagements and tours that we saw with William and Kate when they got engaged. The reason being is that with W&K, they were the future King and Queen appearing in public and on tours for the first time together.

We'll just have to wait and see how it progresses with Harry and Meghan once they do announce an engagement. As far as a wedding, for all we know, mega plans could already be in the works to set up and execute a royal wedding and it could be ready to go within months after they announce their engagement publicly. It wouldn't be unfathomable, looking at it this way, that they have their wedding in late February or early March even.

Thank you for correcting me. Yes, the pics of Diana and Charles in Wales were wonderful. No Polo in December, but I can see Meghan at the van Straubenzee concert.

Hey folks. What we can do to avoid a lot of confrontation and arguments and back and forth bickering is to take advantage of the "Ignore" function which is in your user control panel under "settings and options". I'm going to take advantage of that. :D

Thank you, I also am now using that pretty button to stay out of trouble and drama which causes heart problems....:lol:

Now for Harry and Meghan.....Oct would be the best month for a wedding in the highlands of Scotland with all the beautiful colors in bloom. That would be my dream wedding for them or me.....?

I think the visits W&K did were because of William's position as the heir's heir and he will be King one day-I wouldn't expect the same for Harry.

Last edited:
Thank you, O-H. But Harry and Meghan might do those visits as Meghan is American and they might want her to try and garner as much goodwill as possible and to meet as many people as she can and maybe get a little more acclimated and familiar with UK life.

Wait a minute, just realized Meghan and the Queen Mother have the same bday.

Do you think after the wedding, that Meghan and Harry will immediately do a tour of Canada or Australia as Wills and Kate went to Canada after their wedding?

Last edited by a moderator:
Another try:

A tour to me is out of the question. Harry is not the future king so no need to do an official tour. That Meghan is a foreigner (from a non-commonwealth country) does not change that, so no official tour. See for a recent example: princess Claire of Luxembourg: she never did a tour -while there is a far bigger chance of her becoming the grand duchess of Luxembourg than of Meghan becoming queen- while her sister-in-law Stephanie did a tour visiting all the different districts of the grand duchy.

If they wish Meghan to become acquainted with all different parts of her new country (all assuming that they get married of course), it shouldn't be to hard to strategically select activities that are spread out over the country (and I am sure she will be involved in Commonwealth tours as well over the years). However, apparently Harry only recently visited Northern Ireland for the first time, so if it isn't even important for him, I don't think it is top of the list for Meghan.

I didn't go thru the Catherine and William pre-marriage stuff and I'm glad, because if this thread is anything to go by, it must have been like wading thru treacle.

Hear, hear !
I must admit that i don't remember such level of cheesiness concerning William and Kate...
I leave it all to you my dear Wonder Meghan friends !

Last edited:

I did not come to this forum until after William and Catherine married. Just for the fun of it, I went back and read the pre-marriage forum--oh my goodness!!!

Do you think after the wedding, that Meghan and Harry will immediately do a tour of Canada or Australia as Wills and Kate went to Canada after their wedding?

No, I don't think they will do an official tour immediately. There is more than enough to learn for Meghan in a short period of time to focus on before going on an official tour representing the Queen - however, it seems quite likely that their first tour abroad would be to Australia to visit the Invictus Games (October 18-29).

Or if Meghan gets pregnant soon after the wedding (maybe even during post-wedding night, who knows?) the official tour would be postpone for an unspecified time.

No, I don't think they will do an official tour immediately. There is more than enough to learn for Meghan in a short period of time to focus on before going on an official tour representing the Queen - however, it seems quite likely that their first tour abroad would be to Australia to visit the Invictus Games (October 18-29).

I agree with you, there is much for Meghan to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom