Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry is going to want William and Kate there...therefore her due date will need to be worked around. I would be surprised to see it done differently.

LaRae

I REALLY hate that Kate's pregnancy dictates the timing of the wedding. I wish they could ignore it.

It really only limits a brief amount of time that is not optimal if Harry wants William and Kate there to share in his special day. March is already questionable because of Lent, esp if the wedding is in the Abbey.

Last edited:
Harry is going to want William and Kate there...therefore her due date will need to be worked around. I would be surprised to see it done differently.

LaRae

Certainly her due date and weeks around. But now we have posters ruling out whole months of time. There is no reason they have to wait until Kate's maternity leave is over to marry.

Certainly her due date and weeks around. But now we have posters ruling out whole months of time. There is no reason they have to wait until Kate's maternity leave is over to marry.

One poster. I believe the rest of us are thinking 3/4 weeks or so minimum, 5/6 weeks max.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I REALLY hate that Kate's pregnancy dictates the timing of the wedding. I wish they could ignore it.

Even if we pretended that Harry wasn't close with his brother and sister-in-law (which, by all reports, they are close), it would be absolutely absurd to think that Kate's due date wouldn't be taken into consideration when planning a wedding. This is a family that is meticulous in planning, and deliberately ignoring Kate's due date would be absurd. It would send the wrong message to the press and public, and feed into the "Kate and Meghan hate each other" story that the press is always itching to write (because nothing beats playing two women off each other).

If Harry and Meghan have an early 2018 wedding they're going to avoid several dates:
- Kate's birthday (9 Jan)
- the Queen's ascension day (6 Feb)
- Kate's due date (sometime March-April)
- Easter (1 April)
- Charles and Camilla's anniversary (9 April)
- the Queen's birthday (21 April)
- William and Kate's anniversary (29 April)
- Charlotte's birthday (2 May)
- the Trooping (9 June)
- the DoE's birthday (10 June)

I would also expect them to avoid Andrew, Edward, Sophie, Zara, and Eugenie's birthdays, and Peter/Autumn and Edward/Sophie's anniversaries, which all happen in that timeline.

Vellum is a animal skin or membrane used to write on...before paper was made it was used to write almost everything on..well if you could afford it.

LaRae

In the context of the article, it's still referring to traditional calfskin or goatskin vellum; the company William was at is, to my knowledge, the last crafthouse for traditional vellum and parchment in the UK.

American Observer7, it was a reference to the fact that the instrument of consent for William and Catherine's marriage used a piece of vellum by the company William was visiting. Presumably, any such instrument of consent for Harry and his bride to be would be on another piece of William Cowley vellum.

In short, it was a much classier version of the Antiguan PM's invitation to honeymoon.

Even if we pretended that Harry wasn't close with his brother and sister-in-law (which, by all reports, they are close), it would be absolutely absurd to think that Kate's due date wouldn't be taken into consideration when planning a wedding. This is a family that is meticulous in planning, and deliberately ignoring Kate's due date would be absurd. It would send the wrong message to the press and public, and feed into the "Kate and Meghan hate each other" story that the press is always itching to write (because nothing beats playing two women off each other).

If Harry and Meghan have an early 2018 wedding they're going to avoid several dates:
- Kate's birthday (9 Jan)
- the Queen's ascension day (6 Feb)
- Kate's due date (sometime March-April)
- Easter (1 April)
- Charles and Camilla's anniversary (9 April)
- the Queen's birthday (21 April)
- William and Kate's anniversary (29 April)
- Charlotte's birthday (2 May)
- the Trooping (9 June)
- the DoE's birthday (10 June)

I would also expect them to avoid Andrew, Edward, Sophie, Zara, and Eugenie's birthdays, and Peter/Autumn and Edward/Sophie's anniversaries, which all happen in that timeline.

I'm curious, why do you believe they need to avoid everyone's birthday (other than the Queen's probably) and anniversary as a wedding day? That would not have occurred to me as a problem.

Last edited:
I'm curious, why do you believe they need to avoid everyone's birthday as a wedding day? That would not have occurred to me as a problem.

You know... when the average person accidentally picks their cousin's birthday as their wedding date you know it's because they aren't any way close with the cousin, probably forgot the cousin's birthday, and may have been a bit restricted in the dates they could get their desired venue.

Harry doesn't have any of those excuses. We know he's friends with his cousins, so he's more likely to remember their birthdays than the average person - or at least whoever is in charge of his schedule will. And he's not going to have issues with getting a reservation at a venue. Which is why I would expect those dates to be considered, although I wouldn't necessarily rule them out as deal breakers - if the only date that works for the couple, Charles/Camilla, the Queen, the DoE, and Meghan's parents is the 15th of May, then I doubt it being Zara's birthday will prevent it from going ahead.

The other dates though - the ones I listed... you know what'll happen if Meghan and Harry get married on the Queen's birthday? Every paper will be running stories about how Meghan is trying to outshine the Queen. And that will be the narrative for the rest of her life. If it happens on Charlotte's birthday, the story will be all about how Meghan and Kate hate each other, and how Meghan is trying to cause a divide between Harry and his brother. And that will be the narrative for the rest of Meghan's life.

The DM or the Sun'll start it, and it'll be picked up and reported as fact by every other paper. Look at what they did with Diana and Sarah. Look at what they do with Kate and the Yorks.

Well luckily in 2018 Charlotte's birthday falls on a Wednesday so unlikely to conflict.
If you have a large extended family it can get pretty impractical avoiding everyone else's birthday or anniversary.
Our niece married her husband on our 28th wedding anniversary-we told them it was a good day to get married.

Last edited:
Honestly they aren't a normal family. They not only have family birthdays to think of. But things like trooping, state visits, tours and more. Most of which are planned at least a year in advance.

Honestly if it comes down to marrying on Zara's birthday, marrying when Charles is on tour, or waiting extra months to marry, I think they would be saying 'Zara do you mind sharing your birthday?' and I highly doubt she'd have an issue. Happens in plenty of families.

I highly doubt a wedding would happen before May, as it seems Kate is likely due some time in April.

considering they will likely marry on a weekend as no bank holiday, we don't have to worry about:

-Zara- May 15 is a Monday
-Charlotte- May 2 is a Wednesday
-Wessex anniversary in a Tuesday
-Peter/Autum is a Thursday

The other dates mentioned, birthdays, are earlier in the year and unlikely as pretty quick to plan wedding or possible baby Cambridge. Philip's birthday is only one I'd rule out as even though Sunday, trooping is the day before.

Kate is not the only family member who they have to be concerned about attending.

But yeah if they really want to get married at a certain date then it would be fine . But royal calendar doesn't work that way . They would time it in such a way that the Cambridge birth and the wedding don't fall around the same time .

But I doubt stuff like cousins birthday would even come into consideration at all .

Perhaps marrying on Charles & Camilla's anniversary would be a nice tribute? I'm pretty sure Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel married on the King & Queen of Sweden's wedding anniversary.

I’ve deleted a number of posts regarding Kate and her relationship with other members of the BRF. This is the 3rd moderator note asking members to stop with the unsubstantiated gossip/speculation. Please stay on-topic.

As has been stated before, this is not the place to discuss the fashion of various royals, so all posts comparing wedding dresses and engagement outfits have been deleted.

Now this is a new one on me..........what is a *Husband's shirt*? I did not see the words husband on the shirt...it is white like white shirts are, no nothing to talk about, yet......:whistling:

It's a play on the more-common phrase "boyfriend shirt" and "boyfriend jeans." The "boyfriend" tag refers to clothing styled like men's clothing.

https://www.express.com/clothing/women/silky-soft-twill-boyfriend-shirt/pro/8643761/cat1920058

Boyfriend Jeans - Shop Boyfriend Jeans for Women | Levi's®

If they announce their engagement in December, with that timeline, I think May would be the earliest they'd get married. That would leave Kate's due date wide open too. So, Meghan and Harry, I'm trying to keep May open, just send the invitation, I'll arrange from my end, that I'll be able to attend. ;)

Lets put it this way. With Kate's pregnancy being know about, should Harry and Meghan plan a wedding, that will be taken into consideration so that the entire Cambridge family will be there for the wedding. Its the same thing in another respect. Harry and Meghan would not ever plan a wedding outside of the UK (or close proximity to London) for the main reason being Harry will want his grandparents there.

What truly makes a wedding memorable is having your family and close friends there to share the day with you. Harry and Meghan will be no different.

If they announce their engagement in December, with that timeline, I think May would be the earliest they'd get married. That would leave Kate's due date wide open too. So, Meghan and Harry, I'm trying to keep May open, just send the invitation, I'll arrange from my end, that I'll be able to attend. ;)

May would be a fantastic month. They could announce the 1st week of December and then marry in May.
Save

I still don't see an engagement this year. I think the safer bet would be early next year. Meghan won't finish filming until late November, and then she'll probably be with her parents for Thanksgiving. A move after that to London is expected. Then comes Christmas. She won't be at Sandringham, and likely travel to be with her family and friends. An engagement announcement early next year is likely after she settles in.

Meghan most certainly will not be involved in the Christmas Eve celebrations that is for family only at Sandringham nor would she be included in the annual Christmas walk to church. What could happen though is that Meghan and her mother be invited to Amner Hall for the holidays and then maybe included in some things going on on Boxing Day or thereafter. That is, of course, if they announce an engagement beforehand.

Another thing that very well might be a possibility is that Meghan will be invited to the Queen's pre-Christmas lunch that she holds yearly for the extended family. Kate attended as William's fiancee. We'll just have to watch and see what happens.

Kate Middleton joins Queen for Royal family pre-Christmas lunch

i agree with LaRae

Canada...the Queen is their Monarch. Yesterday was H&M's debut.

I don't think you are going to see Meghan at anything official in England proper until they are officially engaged. Family events it could happen.

Personally I think they are already engaged and working out the details.

LaRae

I bet they are engaged already and are working with BP/CH staff, lawyers etc to work out the details. Questions like keeping her US citizenship, closing out financial matters in Canada and US, a 36 yo business woman with a career, financial responsibilities doesn't just lift her tent and leave town. One major aspect is she's lived in her Toronto place for over 5 years, more than one suite case full of clothes, books and dogs!

Meghan most certainly will not be involved in the Christmas Eve celebrations that is for family only at Sandringham nor would she be included in the annual Christmas walk to church. What could happen though is that Meghan and her mother be invited to Amner Hall for the holidays and then maybe included in some things going on on Boxing Day or thereafter. That is, of course, if they announce an engagement beforehand.

Another thing that very well might be a possibility is that Meghan will be invited to the Queen's pre-Christmas lunch that she holds yearly for the extended family. Kate attended as William's fiancee. We'll just have to watch and see what happens.

Kate Middleton joins Queen for Royal family pre-Christmas lunch

That depends on where Meghan and her parents will spend Christmas. If her parents travel to London, I could see that. However, it's not a given that they'd be travelling rather than her, since it's likely her last Christmas in US for at least a good number of year. People typically also see close friends during this time, so she might consider coming back to US for Christmas even if an engagement has been announced. I still have my doubts about announcing before Christmas.

There is quite a bit one can find if Google is our friend that points to a possible move to London sooner rather than later. I'm not absolutely sure of the credibility of the story but it would make sense to me if things are moving along as supposed.

"It's currently being claimed the Suits star has cancelled her car lease in Canada because she wants to be in London a lot more from November." Of course there could be multiple other reasons to cancel a car lease but I found this interesting.

Meghan Markle Might Have Given The Biggest Clue She's Moving To The UK For Prince Harry

There is quite a bit one can find if Google is our friend that points to a possible move to London sooner rather than later. I'm not absolutely sure of the credibility of the story but it would make sense to me if things are moving along as supposed.

"It's currently being claimed the Suits star has cancelled her car lease in Canada because she wants to be in London a lot more from November." Of course there could be multiple other reasons to cancel a car lease but I found this interesting.

Meghan Markle Might Have Given The Biggest Clue She's Moving To The UK For Prince Harry

I would say this is a lot more to do with a security concern with her car being recognized than moving to London. If she's planning to move to London, it'd make sense for her to keep her car until November. However, with studio providing a car for when she works, and the fact that she's been going to London, it's easier to just use other transportation methods in Toronto.

As for moving to London after November, I don't think any of us needed to know she terminated her lease to know that. :lol:

Getting married on Camilla and Charles' wedding anniversary would be a slap in the face to Harry's mother and I don't see that happening. The press would have a field day in addition to the internal drama it would cause.

I still say a September wedding. I also don't see Meghan and her family being invited to Anmer Hall for the holidays either.

Getting married on Camilla and Charles' wedding anniversary would be a slap in the face to Harry's mother and I don't see that happening. The press would have a field day in addition to the internal drama it would cause.

I still say a September wedding. I also don't see Meghan and her family being invited to Anmer Hall for the holidays either.

While I don't agree with this sentiment (I think William and Harry should be allowed to have a positive relationship with their father and stepmother without it being seen as an attack against their mother), this sentiment is exactly why any date that is significant to Camilla won't be Harry's wedding day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom