Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think George and Charlotte will be in the wedding? Hope not, I would like the spotlight to be on Meghan and Harry-I think I will call them Merry-plus, not a fan of kids in weddings.

I guess those preferences are cultural - most people like what they are used to [for the record, we didn't have either one - and most of the wedding's I've attended in my home country don't; they might have a little child dressed as flower girls/page boy bringing the rings, but that's about it].

I don't like lots of adult attendants (they also could attract a lot of attention for the wrong reason - think back for example to Nikolaos & Tatiana's wedding); so do hope that they stick with the British tradition with a maid of honor, a best man, and flower girls and page boys (if necessary a few more attendants would be fine, but a small number please and not instead of the children; they are too cute). At least that seems to be the British tradition; please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm first looking forward to the actual engagement announcement, seeing the ring and setting eyes on what kind of engagement attire Meghan will choose to wear. And also hopefully seeing a sit down interview with the two of them discussing their relationship for the first and last time in public together.

After that there will be plenty of time to speculate about wedding details and to anticipate what kind of wedding dress Meghan will select, and which designer will have the privilege of creating it. ?

I’m in for the viewing sleepover! I kept my middle-school daughter home from school for William and Catherine’s wedding.

I’ll bring proseco and a baked egg dish. [emoji6]

You and osipi are totally invited!!! :D

I'm first looking forward to the actual engagement announcement, seeing the ring and setting eyes on what kind of engagement attire Meghan will choose to wear. And also hopefully seeing a sit down interview with the two of them discussing their relationship for the first and last time in public together.

After that there will be plenty of time to speculate about wedding details and to anticipate what kind of wedding dress Meghan will select, and which designer will have the privilege of creating it. ?

This is what I'm waiting for. I just cannot wait for all of the details and hopefully we will get an interview about their relationship and Meghan's future and what kinds of things she'll be doing...

I wonder what tiara she'd wear for the wedding? What style of dress? Clearly it would be a british designer - but what small American details might they add to pay homage to her heritage? Might they even add some African American details or homage? Man - I kinda teared up thinking about that. Nothing big - just something to honor her mother and father... and their heritages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think George and Charlotte will be in the wedding? Hope not, I would like the spotlight to be on Meghan and Harry-I think I will call them Merry-plus, not a fan of kids in weddings.

Quite possible they will be in the wedding party! Most English weddings have small children in them. Not uncommon in the US either.

LaRae

This is what I'm waiting for. I just cannot wait for all of the details and hopefully we will get an interview about their relationship and Meghan's future and what kinds of things she'll be doing...

I wonder what tiara she'd wear for the wedding? What style of dress? Clearly it would be a british designer - but what small American details might they add to pay homage to her heritage? Might they even add some African American details or homage? Man - I kinda teared up thinking about that. Nothing big - just something to honor her mother and father... and their heritages.

As far as tiaras go she certainly would have several to choose from! I don't see anything big ...something smaller I'm thinking.

I expect her dress to be more traditional with perhaps a modern feel..but don't expect to see a lot of skin or too revealing. I'm hoping for elegant and classy. She could pick an American designer!

I haven't seen her talk (old interviews etc) that much about her heritage to know how she connects to that. If she would have any of those touches or not. Will be interesting to see.

LaRae

Meghan identifies strongly as biracial, she has said so several times. Not sure how she would incorporate that either. I truly hope that Meghan does a fresh take on the royal wedding dress as I find most of them conservative, ugly and very 70ish. No lace, please!

Meghan identifies strongly as biracial, she has said so several times. Not sure how she would incorporate that either. I truly hope that Meghan does a fresh take on the royal wedding dress as I find most of them conservative, ugly and very 70ish. No lace, please!

You will probably be disappointed then. Brides marrying into the BRF are not going to do anything super modern or edgy. They tend to lean toward the conservative side...and no it doesn't matter than she is American. She's not going to go down the aisle in something 'trendy' or strapless.

LaRae

Reactions: hel
Lainey Gossip suggests a possible engagement announcement in March with a wedding in September next year.
Is Meghan Markle sending messages through her clothes about status of relationship with Prince Harry?

I tend to think that Meghan is gearing up for a move to London (she and Harry may wish to spend more time together before an announcement). Since the royals do not generally have long engagements, probably the only way there would be an announcement in October of this year is if the wedding is planned for February or March.

If Meghan moves to London in December, the question is whether she will be included at Sandringham for Christmas before an engagement is announced? I actually think they are already engaged, so the public announcement is a formality. If an announcement comes in early December, then perhaps a wedding in early May. If the announcement comes in January or February, then a wedding perhaps in late July or early August close to Meghan's birthday.

Last edited:
You will probably be disappointed then. Brides marrying into the BRF are not going to do anything super modern or edgy. They tend to lean toward the conservative side...and no it doesn't matter than she is American. She's not going to go down the aisle in something 'trendy' or strapless.

LaRae

True. And it will be matched to the size of the venue, whatever that is. Carolyn Bessette Kennedy's dress was lovely, and it worked in a tiny church on a remote island, but it wouldn't work in the Abbey or St. George's. For a large venue, you need a large dress.

LaRae

It can be trendy and modern without being strapless. Of course the dress wont be strapless, as they would be married in the Anglican church, where brides are meant to have covered shoulders.

Certainly lace, or big puffy ball gown is not required.

A fantastic drop waist gown with keyhole back. A vintage 30's feel. So many ways can go without being too sexy.

I really like some of the vintage gowns, depends on the era. I don't think keyhole back is likely though.

I doubt we'll see puffy/pouf either. Just based on the dresses, most of the dresses anyway, we've seen her in she leans to the simple/elegant style.

Anyway most likely Meghan will have something custom made so it could very well be a blend of things she likes.

I do expect her to wear something with some color to it...bush, cream etc.

LaRae

Doubt Meghan will be with Harry at Sandringham until and unless she is engaged .

I think Harry n Meghan will continue their cat and mouse game with the press and be as private as they can be now that they have given the media the photos .

I hope the engagement/wedding isn't as far away as Lainey claims !
Would hope for a December engagement and a march wedding before baby Cambridge #3 arrives !

December proposal quite possible. But March is highly unlikely. Three months is a very short time to plan a wedding.

And if people think they will avoid the weeks around Kate's due date, a good chunk of late March is likely out.

I'm still holding out for an October/November announcement (I do think they've been unofficially engaged for weeks) and a late April 2018 wedding. Royal engagements are never long, around six months.

Lainey Gossip suggests a possible engagement announcement in March with a wedding in September next year.
Is Meghan Markle sending messages through her clothes about status of relationship with Prince Harry?

I tend to think that Meghan is gearing up for a move to London (she and Harry may wish to spend more time together before an announcement). Since the royals do not generally have long engagements, probably the only way there would be an announcement in October of this year is if the wedding is planned for February or March.

If Meghan moves to London in December, the question is whether she will be included at Sandringham for Christmas before an engagement is announced? I actually think they are already engaged, so the public announcement is a formality. If an announcement comes in early December, then perhaps a wedding in early May. If the announcement comes in January or February, then a wedding perhaps in late July or early August close to Meghan's birthday.

Meghan won't spend Christmas at Sandringham until they are married, which is not happening this Christmas. There are certain rules they can bend, but I don't see this one being bent. Besides, Meghan might like to spend Christmas with her parents. Once she's married, the best is they'll split time between the families.

Doubt Meghan will be with Harry at Sandringham until and unless she is engaged .

I think Harry n Meghan will continue their cat and mouse game with the press and be as private as they can be now that they have given the media the photos .

I hope the engagement/wedding isn't as far away as Lainey claims !
Would hope for a December engagement and a march wedding before baby Cambridge #3 arrives !

I think Lainey is off on her time frames too.

It's possible Meghan could go to Sandringham with Harry even when not engaged. Especially if the family knows there is an understanding.

LaRae

I'm still holding out for an October/November announcement (I do think they've been unofficially engaged for weeks) and a late April 2018 wedding. Royal engagements are never long, around six months.

I don't think October/November is happening simply because she won't even finish shooting until late November. Then she'll have to relocate with her pets and the holidays. It's a lot.

October/November :ohmy: Can you imagine the headlines if they are engaged then she flies back to Toronto filming scenes after? Her character is not a chaste nun. The reality is, when they announce, she will be expected to be in London. She is committed to filming until the end of November. Its one thing to be engaged when her show is still airing, but filming? Not to mention the headache of security and more on set if she is now a fiancé.

I'm thinking Dec/Jan at the earliest for an announcement.

LaRae

Little Tricky with Kate s due date next year! .
The wedding would have to planned in such a way that it's not close to Kate's last month and also I guess 2 months of maternal leave .

So that rules out the summer months - April , May , June and also July I presume ?

So logistically the wedding seems likely only in July end /August as of now . So that means the engagement announcement would also NOT happen this year !
If Kate wasn't pregnant that would be a different scenario altogether as they would have had the whole year to choose from . But now they would have to choose a date so as to not eclipse baby Cambridge birth !

Is Meghan definitely not returning to Suits? :cool: I thought there was an 8th season, no?

I don't think October/November is happening simply because she won't even finish shooting until late November. Then she'll have to relocate with her pets and the holidays. It's a lot.

I don't see her moving before the new year. She's probably going to spend one last normal holiday with family before going into The Firm. If I was her I'd be hitting up all of my old stomping grounds and saying goodbye to my old life before. No need to rush that.

I think she'll move in Jan and they may announce an engagement in Feb or March.

December proposal quite possible. But March is highly unlikely. Three months is a very short time to plan a wedding.

And if people think they will avoid the weeks around Kate's due date, a good chunk of late March is likely out.

March is also Lent with Easter falling April 1.

The wedding would have to planned in such a way that it's not close to Kate's last month and also I guess 2 months of maternal leave .

So that rules out the summer months - April , May , June and also July I presume ?

So logistically the wedding seems likely only in July end /August as of now . So that means the engagement announcement would also NOT happen this year !
If Kate wasn't pregnant that would be a different scenario altogether as they would have had the whole year to choose from . But now they would have to choose a date so as to not eclipse baby Cambridge birth !
There is no reason they would need to wait months after C3 is born to have a wedding.
It is not the wedding "eclipsing" C3's birth or vice versa. It is planning around the due date so William and Kate aren't having a baby during the wedding.

Last edited:
Specifically, filming is scheduled to end on November 15, according to ACTRA Toronto, which maintains a list of current productions shooting in the city.

We don't have a official notice out yet about when Kate is due.

They could marry prior to her due date (and the family will know that info) or not long after. No reason to get rid of all of April or May, June or July 1st.

If they do plan to marry next year it will all be worked out with the family in mind.

LaRae

I REALLY hate that Kate's pregnancy dictates the timing of the wedding. I wish they could ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom