Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy do neighbor! I think that if there is a royal wedding, the hubby here would be ever grateful if I were to go away to a sleepover for the wedding. With William and Kate's, I totally took command of both the TV and the computer as I didn't want to miss anything. On the other hand, he actually got a bit interested himself and it was with a big smile on his face he woke me up with the news that Kate had her first child, George. He loves spreading good news. :D

I do think that Harry would think his wedding without William and Kate would be like a day without sunshine and definitely plan around the pregnancy due date so that they both could be there. I can't imagine Harry having a wedding without George and Charlotte being very involved in it too.

As far as after a wedding, I do think that Harry and Meghan will also be given a period of time to just settle into being married and starting a family much like W&K were able to do. I think they will maintain keeping the same office that they do now with a change to adding a fourth person to the Royal Foundation.

If you look at the Foundation, its separated into three categories right now being Young People, Conservation and Armed Forces. This foundation umbrellas so much of what the three are involved with. I can definitely see Meghan taking on her own causes and adding them to the Foundation itself.
They all do have their own specific areas of interest and also work together on the Heads Together campaign so it wouldn't be much of a push to see Meghan meshing into the Foundation work quite easily.

I have yet to find any area whatsoever where Meghan wouldn't be deemed a good fit when it comes to what would be expected of her as a senior working royal. In fact, I'd go as far as to state that Meghan joining the BRF will be like adding another very bright light bulb to enhance and illuminate the BRF.

I’m in for the viewing sleepover! I kept my middle-school daughter home from school for William and Catherine’s wedding.

I’ll bring proseco and a baked egg dish. [emoji6]

I think they should announce the engagement very soon - like early October, and prep for a January winter wedding.

Yes, winter would be perfect. I would love to see her in a gown with some faux fur white trim.

Honestly there will never be a perfect time to announce a engagement and wedding date. There is always *some* event that will be occurring. The royal events/occasions calendar is never clear.
Moreover, there are events that could suddenly occur. For example, who knew a year ago that Kate would've been pregnant and due next spring/summer?!

I think they should just go for it and do it. Life is too short and tomorrow is promised to no one!
Exactly, and while it is always nice to have extended relatives or prospective in-laws at your wedding sometimes circumstances dictate otherwise. You have distant relatives who do not have your best interest at heart, people that only seek to exploit and hurt you regardless of damage caused. Sadly Meghan knows this only to well and you don’t have to search far to see she’s been a victim of some so-called ‘relatives’.

Re Kate’s attendance at a possible M&H wedding, sure work around viable dates if they must but not over and beyond what would be considered absolutely necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't know really when she started having issue for sure or how far along she was when it started, some have suggested 8 to 10 weeks when they announced. It's all guessing at this point.

Agreed. It was mainly to say that we don't know yet. Could be anything between second half of March (if it was close to 12 weeks) to late April (if it was only 6 weeks). Most likely they'll share the month at some point (typically around the 12 weeks mark), but if it's April, we still do not know that much (unless we count from the 12 weeks to decide whether it is early or late April). However, I am sure that Harry knows, so they can schedule a wedding accordingly :whistling:

As requested in yesterday's Moderator note, this thread is not the place to speculate upon how the Duchess of Cambridge regards her brother-in-law's girlfriend nor is it a place to add rumour and gossip to such speculation. As such, posts have been edited and subsequent responses have therefore been removed.

I love when Meghan wears jackets on the shoulders. People did this in the 1940s and it is so elegant.

I believe that when Meghan and Harry marry, the Royal Foundation should be broken up. I think W&K should have their charities and interests be separate from Harry and Meghan.

Also, why are there no fall/winter royal weddings in the BRF? Was the queen the only one to marry in the fall?

Agreed. It was mainly to say that we don't know yet. Could be anything between second half of March (if it was close to 12 weeks) to late April (if it was only 6 weeks). Most likely they'll share the month at some point (typically around the 12 weeks mark), but if it's April, we still do not know that much (unless we count from the 12 weeks to decide whether it is early or late April). However, I am sure that Harry knows, so they can schedule a wedding accordingly :whistling:

Yes exactly..Harry knows the time frames to operate within if they plan a wedding in spring.

LaRae

I love when Meghan wears jackets on the shoulders. People did this in the 1940s and it is so elegant.

I believe that when Meghan and Harry marry, the Royal Foundation should be broken up. I think W&K should have their charities and interests be separate from Harry and Meghan.

Also, why are there no fall/winter royal weddings in the BRF? Was the queen the only one to marry in the fall?

I definitely do not see the Foundation broken up. The three already working within the Foundation work so well and seamlessly together and with adding Meghan, it would be even better and stronger.

It may eventually be just Harry and Meghan's foundation somewhere down the line but not, I believe, until William becomes King. :D

If we remember, when the DoE announced his retirement, there was emphasis put on working together as a team. I think that is far more important to the monarchy than people going solo here and there. Helps to keep the focus where it belongs.

Last edited:
i like the idea of winter weddings, which can be very pretty. However, in this era of multimedia I think the BRF and its advisers opt for late Spring, early summer weddings so that the streets will be crowded with the public, tourists etc out in the sunshine. I don't know why Anne opted for November, but people were a different breed in 1947 when the Queen married. They'd been hardened by the war I suppose and sitting waiting for hours on icy pavements was nothing to them.

The thing about working as a team is that they only do theme type charities, it seems-like the current focus on mental health. I much prefer the old days when say, Diana was patron of a ton of individual charities and there was no concentrated effort on one theme.

I would love a fall/winter wedding, but then again, I am not a summer person. Is it true that Meghan and Harry can't have their wedding at St Paul's or Westminster? Will Meghan have to convert?

The thing about working as a team is that they only do theme type charities, it seems-like the current focus on mental health. I much prefer the old days when say, Diana was patron of a ton of individual charities and there was no concentrated effort on one theme.

I would love a fall/winter wedding, but then again, I am not a summer person. Is it true that Meghan and Harry can't have their wedding at St Paul's or Westminster? Will Meghan have to convert?

They do do a lot of events as well. It's just that Heads Together and Invictus are founded by them, so they have done more work in terms of getting it set up and started.

Absolutely right!
And IF they do decide to marry, what is wrong with a winter wedding?
I think that would be very nice.

Winter is too cold in London. Their timeframe so far has been reasonable, I don't think this is something they'd rush.

The former Princess of Wales had immense star power, she was simply magical though not as magnificent as HM ( to me anyway, even as a little girl). Maybe that’s why she was able to?

What happened with Diana and her "star power" is exactly what the monarchy and the BRF are very much steering away from. It ended up being very detrimental to the monarchy in the long run.

Teamwork, in my eyes, is much better and can cover more issues and causes. We also have the added benefit of being able to be global with things very much easier. I think too that this is one reason why I believe that Harry and Meghan will do so well together. They'll make an awesome team working for the best of the monarchy.

St. Paul's is probably out as it is too large of a venue. It was used for Charles and Diana's wedding as that was a state occasion with heads of state from around the world attending.
Westminster Abbey is possible if it is deemed feasible cost and security wise to hold a wedding in London.

A lot of royals have many different charities that they are a patron of (the Duke of Edinburgh comes to mind). Traditionally that seems to have been the standard situation. I very much prefer a more concentrated effort around a specific theme (not necessarily in a Foundation) as they are able to really contribute something instead of just visiting tons of different organizations that does generate some media attention but that's about it). Of course visiting and being involved with other organizations still has is place, but I prefer this 'new royal way', which also must be more fulfilling (something that some people have expressed concerns about for Meghan) for the royals themselves. So, it is good to see that more and more royals are following this example of their Dutch counterparts.

(However, this might be going slightly off-topic; is there a general topic in which this theme is discussed?)

The DofE Awards and The Prince's Trust are to their founders as WK&H's Foundation is to them. Philip and Charles do many other things as well. So will W&K and Harry and his wife.

Last edited:
I think Harry is immensely popular with the Brits and they will want him to have a big, state wedding. Also, I think Meghan being American and biracial, their wedding will attract global interest and going forward, I see her being extremely popular globally, especially here in America.

But no one answered my question-will she have to convert?

I am jumping up and down with excitement!!! :bounce: I think an engagement is not too far off.

Once they get married (I believe they will), it may take she and the Queen attending an engagement together for people to hush with the rhetoric. Unfortunately, there will still be a lot of people that will never change their minds.

I agree. I remember that Victoria Beckham was heavily pregnant when she attended William and Kate's wedding. Kate could still attend it very pregnant.

That’d be great, it will put the foul noses out of joint for sure :D

Scriptgirl....From all accounts yes they can marry at any Church in the CoE. I don't believe Meghan will have to convert.

I think Harry will get married in the same Church his brother did.

LaRae

I think Harry is immensely popular with the Brits and they will want him to have a big, state wedding. Also, I think Meghan being American and biracial, their wedding will attract global interest and going forward, I see her being extremely popular globally, especially here in America.

What is her religion after all ? Some people say she's Catholic, while others claim she is Jewish. She doesn't look religious to me anyway.

Last edited:
What is her religion after all ? Some people say she's Catholic, while others claim she is Jewish. She doesn't look religious to me anywyay.

I've not seen any interviews so far where she has identified her religious beliefs. She didn't marry in a Church or Synagog in her previous marriage.

What I have read indicates she went to Synagog a few times growing up and she attended Catholic schools (which allow other faiths to attend).

I haven't seen anything so far indicating she is religious at all.

LaRae

One thing I can assure you of is that if and when Harry marries, it will *not* be a state wedding. Charles and Diana had a full state wedding. William did not have a state wedding and he's the heir to the heir to the throne.

I do agree that the wedding will draw immense interest. Royal weddings do that. I don't see Meghan "standing out" as a member of the royal family if you're referring to the Diana type of "standing out" but I think she, along with Harry, will be a very popular global couple. That's to their advantage I think.

As to converting religions, there is no reason why Meghan would have to. Harry can marry someone from any religion.

Last edited:

His brother, the future King, only had a semi state wedding. So IMO, Harry will not have a state wedding.

In response to the question about winter weddings. Below the wedding dates in the BRF (I've only included children and grandchildren of the monarch) by month with engagement dates in some cases:

February 28, 1922: Mary & Henry

April 9, 2005: Charles & Camilla (February 10, 2005)
April 24, 1963: Alexandra & Angus
April 26, 1923: Albert & Elizabeth
April 29, 2011: William & Catherine (November 16, 2010)

May 6, 1960: Margaret & Anthony (February 26, 1960)
May 17, 2008: Peter & Autumn (July 28, 2007)

June 3, 1973: Edward & Wallis
June 8, 1961: Edward & Katharine
June 19, 1999: Edward & Sophie (January 6, 1999)
June 30, 1978: Michael & Marie Christine

July 8, 1972: Richard & Birgitte
July 14, 1994: Sarah & Daniel
July 23, 1986: Andrew & Sarah (March 17, 1986)
July 29, 1981: Charles & Diana (February 24, 1981)
July 30, 2011: Zara & Mike (December 21, 2010)

October 8, 1993: David & Serena

November 6, 1935: Henry & Alice
November 14, 1973: Anne & Mark (May, 1973)
November 20, 1947: Philip & Elizabeth (July 9, 1947)
November 19, 1934: George & Marina

December 12, 1992: Anne & Timothy

Scriptgirl....From all accounts yes they can marry at any Church in the CoE. I don't believe Meghan will have to convert.

I think Harry will get married in the same Church his brother did.

LaRae

Meghan does not have to convert. As long as Harry himself or any future children do not become Catholic they will remain in the line of succession. She might, however, want to be confirmed in the CoE just like Catherine did the month before her wedding.

What is her religion after all ? Some people say she's Catholic, while others claim she is Jewish. She doesn't look religious to me anyway.

How exactly does one look "religious"? Do you wear a hairshirt in public or a nun outfit?

Her half sister said that she and her father laughed at the stories claiming he and Meghan were Jewish and that the rumors were untrue and spread by the tabloids. She also said that she and Meghan's father and much of their family have been baptised in the Episcopalian church (formerly the Church of England before the Revolutionary War).

And according to the recent Vanity Fair article, Meghan was not raised Catholic but attended a Catholic high school.

Meghan herself seems to be at least culturally Christian considering the fact that she celebrates holidays like Easter and Christmas, but exactly what she believes or how strong her faith is only she would know. Regardless I don't believe conversion would be necessary.

Winter is too cold in London.

It's no colder than Times Square on New Year's Eve, and millions of people gather for that.

Everyone will just have to dress for the weather, that's all.

If she’s Episcopalian then there’s nothing to convert. She’s Anglican in the eyes of the church.

It's no colder than Times Square on New Year's Eve, and millions of people gather for that.

Everyone will just have to dress for the weather, that's all.

True. Winters in England are actually generally milder than in the American Northeast or Upper Midwest, but English summers on the other hand are cooler. It all boils down to a difference between continental and oceanic climates. I suppose the Pacific Northwest in the US and the coastal region around Vancouver in Canada are more similar to England in terms of climate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom