Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please note that several posts have been deleted as they were off-topic. This thread is not about the Duchess of Cambridge's fashion nor a place to speculate upon her view of other women.

Meghan’s trousers are skin tight. DM has a couple of unflattering photos.

I look forward to Meghan having a dedicated fashion thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally have never loved ripped jeans, but they do still seem to be firmly in style. Skin-tight skinnies are on the way out (can someone tell the Duchess of Cambridge) but frayed fabric and holes are still very much a fashion.

(from last month) Celebrities Ripped Jeans Fashion 2017 (Glamour.com UK) | Glamour UK
(from May) Are Ripped Jeans Still Cool In 2017? – The Fashion Tag Blog
etc.

Looking at the photos on those pages, I'm struck by how restrained Meghan's are in comparison. The standard seems to be either matching knee holes or a whole bunch of little ones, possibly one monster hole that's positively gaping, multiple extra little places where the fabric is fraying... She's got one moderate-sized hole and rough hems.
Skinny jeans are a staple. They're never going to be out of style, just like a sweater will never be out of style.

I think she looks nice. Meghan dresses minimalistic and in clean lines. She prefers a classic style, but more on the trendy side.

While I've already said not a fan of ripped jeans...I think she looks fine. She's more dressed up than Harry is. She looks nice..appropriate for the event.

LaRae

Meghan Ripped Jeans??

She looks great in them! Very tasteful and stylish and very today!

Those who don't like it? So what! For some of you it doesn't ever matter what Meghan does or wears, etc you'll always find something wrong with it and something negative to say.

She looks great and THEY LOOK GREAT TOGETHER!!

Last edited:
Just woke up, Oz time it's 7am. I can't say how delighted I am to see Meghan and Harry together, happy and in love. Beaming, both of them. It's absolutely lovely to see!
I share your feelings one hundred per cent !!!!! An official announcement is near I really hope !:flowers:

Meghan is not a member of the royal family. She is not attending an event representing the queen. So it really matters to no one but her and Harry, if her pants are practically painted on. Now if she chooses to wear ripped jeggings when she is duchess x, and representing the queen at an event, then there is reason to complain. Right now she is a private citizen representing no one.

Great to see the photos. They seem to be having a great time :flowers:

Majesty magazine is having a hay day monitoring their facebook. I guess they have been inundated with racist comments left and right. Even the non racist ones are over the top.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I was planning a wedding (done that) and my sister in law were pregnant, I would surely take her due date into account. It just means that there's a few weeks around the due date when I wouldn't chose a wedding date. No big deal this early on - they aren't even (officially) engaged yet.

This would probably make me a bad in-law but my sister in law's due date would not be my priority.

I don't think that look (ripped jeans) is really fashionable any longer.

It was a few years ago, but now I think it's in the same category as pashminas. Sure, there's people who still wear it, but I don't think it could be considered trendy, because the trend-setters have moved on.

The artfully ripped jeans are still a big trend- half or more of the jeans for sale are that design. Maybe those who are on the cutting edge of fashion find it passé but the rest of the world doesn't.

Majesty magazine is having a hay day monitoring their facebook. I guess they have been inundated with racist comments left and right. Even the non racist ones are over the top.

I saw that over on their FB page. People have lost their minds. They need to get a new hobby.

LaRae

Just woke up, Oz time it's 7am. I can't say how delighted I am to see Meghan and Harry together, happy and in love. Beaming, both of them. It's absolutely lovely to see!
I just got into work and finally had the opportunity to check the news and this forum! I agree with you! Prince Harry looks soooooo happy with Meghan. The couple just look natural with each other. When I saw old photos of Harry/Chelsea and Harry/Cressida, he never looked as relaxed as he does with Meghan :flowers:

I share your feelings one hundred per cent !!!!! An official announcement is near I really hope !:flowers:
I think an announcement is coming too. I am a seriously huge fan of this couple!

I am sickened at the ongoing hate that Meghan and Harry are getting. I hope there is decent support for her in the UK.

This would probably make me a bad in-law but my sister in law's due date would not be my priority.

Eh, if you don’t care about your brother possibly missing your wedding that’s your perogative.

I personally would care and from everything we’ve seen so would Harry. Not to mention that I expect William to be best man, so having him miss the wedding because his wife is in labor wouldn’t be good.

It would be if you wanted your brother to be your best man.

Not if you get married in the same city as the couple lives.

You don't plan the wedding for the days around the due date but you don't need to reserve a month or so. As long as Kate is not in labor, even if she doesn't feel up to attending the wedding, William certainly could be there for his brother. Madeleine of Sweden attended her brother's wedding two days before giving birth to Nicolas.

Not if you get married in the same city as the couple lives.

You don't plan the wedding for the days around the due date but you don't need to reserve a month or so. As long as Kate is not in labor, even if she doesn't feel up to attending the wedding, William certainly could be there for his brother. Madeleine of Sweden attended her brother's wedding two days before giving birth to Nicolas.

So that means taking her due date into account! And knowing that giving birth can easily be two weeks earlier or later, it wouldn't be unreasonable to try to avoid those weeks as you'd like both your brother and sister-in-law to be present (and yes, being at your wife's side when she is in labour should be the priority over attending your brother's wedding, especially if that brother would decide to schedule it close to the due date and in that way showing that your attendance is of minor importance - which I am sure he won't). Of course, you never know for sure if all your loved ones can attend, but if you have the option, why not try to schedule it so your own-and-only brother (and his young family) can most likely attend!

As to the comparison with the wedding of Carl Philip and Sofia. Their wedding date (June 15) was announced on October 23. Madeleine's pregnancy was only announced on December 19; with expected birth in the summer of 2015. So, it is very likely that Madeleine might not even have known that she was pregnant when the date of CP and Sofia's wedding was decided! IMO changing the date is very different from not picking a date close to a known due date; they might have decided differently had they known Madeleine's due date in advance.

Last edited:
I am sickened at the ongoing hate that Meghan and Harry are getting. I hope there is decent support for her in the UK.
:previous::previous::previous::previous:Agreed!

Can't people just be happy for them? Harry has finally found someone that makes him so happy, and Meghan has meet her match too.

By sister in law I mean my brother in law's wife. Not my own brother. I meant it as in Meghan planning the wedding.

Hi Everyone!

I've been following/lurking in this thread since forever (like last year), though I've followed TRF for some royal fashion threads before then... I really appreciate how everyone is so mature and reasonable in their discussion about Meghan and Harry and that's what made me finally join so I could say hello and gush.

I'm super super super excited about Meghan and Harry and in my mind, they are either engaged or they will be very soon.

Everything I'm seeing, from the Vanity Fair article, to the IG opening ceremony appearance, to Harry's surprise Suits set visit, to them being at the games together signal to me that this is the "presenting themselves" that Meghan mentioned in the VF article and this is all part of a carefully laid out plan to introduce Meghan to the public and prepare the way for a royal engagement.

I'm also African American and honestly this makes me really happy to see someone with my heritage on the cusp of joining the BRF. Maybe that's not a popular thing to say, but I see so few high profile women with my heritage on an international stage that this is something I take pride in. Especially since Meghan is so accomplished on her own.

Okay - sorry to gush all over you guys - just excited to be here.

So that means taking her due date into account! And knowing that giving birth can easily be two weeks earlier or later, it wouldn't be unreasonable to try to avoid those weeks as you'd like both your brother and sister-in-law to be present (and yes, being at your wife's side when she is in labour should be the priority over attending your brother's wedding, especially if that brother would decide to schedule it close to the due date and in that way showing that your attendance is of minor importance - which I am sure he won't). Of course, you never know for sure if all your loved ones can attend, but if you have the option, why not try to schedule it so your own-and-only brother (and his young family) can most likely attend!

As to the comparison with the wedding of Carl Philip and Sofia. Their wedding date (June 15) was announced on October 23. Madeleine's pregnancy was only announced on December 19; with expected birth in the summer of 2015. So, it is very likely that Madeleine might not even have known that she was pregnant when the date of CP and Sofia's wedding was decided! IMO changing the date is very different from not picking a date close to a known due date; they might have decided differently had they known Madeleine's due date in advance.

Madeleine Announced her pregnancy. She would have been about a month pregnant when her brother announced his wedding date. It is very likely she knew she was pregnant at the time. It didn't stop him.

Again, as long as Kate is not in labor William doesn't have to be at her side 24/7. If they got married 2 weeks before her due date, and Kate wasn't up for the wedding, there is nothing wrong with Will and the kids going. Especially since the wedding would likely be in London.

Hi Everyone!

I've been following/lurking in this thread since forever (like last year), though I've followed TRF for some royal fashion threads before then... I really appreciate how everyone is so mature and reasonable in their discussion about Meghan and Harry and that's what made me finally join so I could say hello and gush.

I'm super super super excited about Meghan and Harry and in my mind, they are either engaged or they will be very soon.

Everything I'm seeing, from the Vanity Fair article, to the IG opening ceremony appearance, to Harry's surprise Suits set visit, to them being at the games together signal to me that this is the "presenting themselves" that Meghan mentioned in the VF article and this is all part of a carefully laid out plan to introduce Meghan to the public and prepare the way for a royal engagement.

I'm also African American and honestly this makes me really happy to see someone with my heritage on the cusp of joining the BRF. Maybe that's not a popular thing to say, but I see so few high profile women with my heritage on an international stage that this is something I take pride in. Especially since Meghan is so accomplished on her own.

Okay - sorry to gush all over you guys - just excited to be here.

Welcome to posting! We tend to be a fairly well behaved group usually...although the moderators might disagree considering how many times they've had to lock this thread!!! :eek:

I think it's great that people's views have so changed over the years that there is so much support for the idea of her marrying Harry. The naysaers really are a small group.

LaRae

Welcome FashionMaven. Yes we are all a bit excited at the prospect of a future engagement. I agree that Meghan has the potential to be a real plus for the BRF. She appears to have so many personal qualities that should enable her to succeed in the various official aspects to being a Royal, and her heritage is a big plus, but most importantly there seems to be a lovely relationship between her and Harry which I sincerely hope will be able to sustain the pressures that they will inevitably face. It's just great to witness these early stages in their relationship.

I really don't think the wedding will be anytime near when Kate is due. A couple of months after her due date isn't a big deal for Harry and who wants extra drama around a wedding when it's not needed

Welcome FashionMaven. Yes we are all a bit excited at the prospect of a future engagement. I agree that Meghan has the potential to be a real plus for the BRF. She appears to have so many personal qualities that should enable her to succeed in the various official aspects to being a Royal, and her heritage is a big plus, but most importantly there seems to be a lovely relationship between her and Harry which I sincerely hope will be able to sustain the pressures that they will inevitably face. It's just great to witness these early stages in their relationship.

I agree - it really is something special to see this.

Is it bad that I'm already imagining a movie being made about their lovestory? The actress who played Dorothy on NBC's Emerald City would make a fantastic Meghan onscreen.

I'm really getting ahead of myself here, lol.

But I do see Meghan as a natural fit for the BRF. She has a strong philanthropic background, she has extensive public speaking experience, and her education at Northwestern seemed to have prepared her solidly for this. I think that she's probably already getting "Princess/Duchess classes" and I took her wearing the slim fitting torn jeans almost as an "I better wear this stuff out while I still can."

And mark my words - young girls the world over will be pulling out their skinny jeans and ripping a tear at the knee and tearing the hem off in no time, lol.

Also - I hope she's able to keep at least a little bit of her edge to her style. I have a similar style and the "edge" part is really important to me - even though I wear classic pieces, I try to combine interesting textures and architectural shapes to give the clothing more edge. I love the burgundy motorcycle jacket draped over her burgundy dress. More of that please Meghan!

Welcome to posting! We tend to be a fairly well behaved group usually...although the moderators might disagree considering how many times they've had to lock this thread!!! :eek:

I think it's great that people's views have so changed over the years that there is so much support for the idea of her marrying Harry. The naysaers really are a small group.

LaRae

Thanks Pranter!

I think it's amazing how times have changed. During Edward's time, this probably wouldn't have been possible... and definitely during Diana's time it wouldn't have been. The world just wasn't ready yet.

Some still aren't ready, lol.

I too am super excited for this. I hope Meghan still manages to be herself when she marries in. Maxima is a good example of a royal who has stayed true to herself. She is a good role model for Meghan.

By sister in law I mean my brother in law's wife. Not my own brother. I meant it as in Meghan planning the wedding.

I would hope that both bride and groom are part of the planning of the wedding (for a royal wedding, the planning will most certainly depend mostly on the royal whether bride or groom), it would be quite awkward to plan a wedding taking into account the bride's family members and not the groom's family members.

I really don't think the wedding will be anytime near when Kate is due. A couple of months after her due date isn't a big deal for Harry and who wants extra drama around a wedding when it's not needed

Exactly! Or with a safe margin before...

Madeleine Announced her pregnancy. She would have been about a month pregnant when her brother announced his wedding date. It is very likely she knew she was pregnant at the time. It didn't stop him.

Again, as long as Kate is not in labor William doesn't have to be at her side 24/7. If they got married 2 weeks before her due date, and Kate wasn't up for the wedding, there is nothing wrong with Will and the kids going. Especially since the wedding would likely be in London.
Assuming that Madeleine was 4 weeks pregnant, that means that she was at the point of finding out (at 4 weeks she would not be yet have noticed that she had missed her period (as that would be around that day)!). So she either didn't know yet or might have known it for a few days. So her brother might have known or -at least as likely- he didn't know yet (in addition, how were they going to explain the change of date when nobody was supposed to know about Madeleine's pregnancy - I am sure the date was decided on and coordinated with lots of officials well before the announcement).

Assuming that Harry wants his sister-in-law whom he has known for many, many years to be at his wedding, as well as his brother, I am sure that they will try to pick a date at which she under normal circumstances would be able to attend. How big of a margin is up to them (and having the wedding in London will reduce the necessary margin as you rightly infer).

Last edited:
Fellow gusher here! Also a lurker and loved your post. The Yanks are sending a delightful woman to help quell the ghost of Wallis Warfield Simpson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom