Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a fan of the ripped jeans look either but it is very "fashionable." My daughter wears them a lot. It looked like was a pretty casual venue, so Wimbledon attire not required.

Assuming Harry wants Catherine at his wedding, I’m sure her due date will be taken into consideration.

I’m kinda on the fence, Harry leads with his heart and tends to fall quickly.

Probably will be an announcement sometime next year.

I hope not.

That ought not to be a main priority for Meghan & Harry when selecting a wedding date if they do decide to move onto the next stage. The way I see it, as long as the monarch is ok with the plan and unless the date coincides with prior royal engagement dates, I see no reason why they shouldn’t go ahead with a wedding date of their choice.

And in any case if Kate would really like to attend the wedding then like most pregnant women before her, nothing aside from ill health precludes her from doing so right up until the eighth or even 9th month pregnancy. Perhaps a rounded belly on show will be an issue for her but I’d like to believe she isn’t that shallow. Besides, she was far gone in the third trimester of her last pregnancy before stepping aside from public duties to enter into confinement.

Harry has always voiced support and been there for her and her family as she eased her way into the royal family. It’d be nice if kindness is repaid in kind so hopefully she’ll be there for Meghan, too.

Last edited:
Two things I’d like to see her ditch right off the bat are draping jackets over her shoulders. It looks silly. She did it at Invictus and that’s the third time I’ve seen her do it.

I do this with jackets and sweaters when I need something over my back and/or upper arms but it is too warm to wear my jacket or sweater.

I'm not a fan of the ripped jeans look either but it is very "fashionable." My daughter wears them a lot. It looked like was a pretty casual venue, so Wimbledon attire not required.

There was a saying that the jeans are worth $20, the holes are worth $200. It's not for me, but for the ladies with super skinny legs, I get it.

And honestly, the girl knows what degrees of dressiness is appropriate for the events. She wore a dress and blazer for polo, and a dress and jacket for the opening night, and jeans is fine for tennis.

I hope not.

That ought not to be a main priority for Meghan & Harry when selecting a wedding date if they do decide to move onto the next stage. The way I see it, as long as the monarch is ok with the plan and unless the date coincides with prior royal engagement dates, I see no reason why they shouldn’t go ahead with a wedding date of their choice.

And in any case if Kate would really like to attend the wedding then like most pregnant women before her, nothing aside from ill health precludes her from doing so right up until the eighth or even 9th month pregnancy. Perhaps a rounded belly on show will be an issue for her but I’d like to believe she isn’t that shallow. Besides, she was far gone in the third trimester of her last pregnancy before stepping aside from public duties to enter into confinement.

Harry has always voiced support and been there for her and her family as she eased her way into the royal family. It’d be nice if kindness is repaid so hopefully she’ll be there for Meghan, too.

Kate's due date will affect it somewhat, but highly doubt it'll block out a whole season or significant amount of time like months and months.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope not.

That ought not to be a main priority for Meghan & Harry when selecting a wedding date if they do decide to move onto the next stage. The way I see it, as long as the monarch is ok with the plan and unless the date coincides with prior royal engagements - I see no reason why they shouldn’t go ahead with a wedding date of their choice.

Harry has always voiced support and been there for her and her family as she eased her way into the royal family. It’d be nice if kindness is repaid so hopefully she’ll be there for Meghan, too.

Somehow, I think Harry would want Kate at his wedding, as well as William. That means not setting a wedding date a few weeks either side of her due date. Babies do come when they want and don't follow a schedule. So I disagree, I would hope that would be an important thing to take into consideration.

Aside from Catherine attending, won't Harry want William to be his supporter/best man? It'd be hard for William to be in the wedding if his wife is delivering a baby, so any wedding would avoid dates near to Catherine's due date, IMO.

I think its just Meghan being Meghan and comfortable. its a simple look that she wears naturally.

Aww...they so look happy and in love!????

I'm not a fan of the ripped jeans look. Not my cup of tea. However, I do respect the fact that Meghan is remaining true to herself and dressing exactly like she would if she was just a mere spectator to a sporting event.

Regarding any wedding: I'm sure they will take into considering Kate's due dates if they plan to marry within that 2 week to a month surrounding that time.

It's not that big of a deal if she's 8 months or so pregnant and they get married..Maddie (Sweden) went to her brother's wedding and gave birth within a couple days after!

LaRae

Not a fan of her style at all. Skin tight ripped trousers isn’t a good look.

Forget the jeans! I am here for the smiles and PDA. Seriously what a gorgeous couple. And doesn't Harry look happy?

Ripped jeans is not everyone's cup of tea but they are here so each to their own. Her style is her own and not a carbon copy of Kate which I think some of you on here want her to be.

She is her own person let her live because she is making our boy happy.

Oh my god, I am in love with this wonderful and sweet smiling couple.

I have to say I like her style! Purely because she never seems like she is trying too hard or trying to look princessy, she is cool and comfortable in her own skin.

I have to say I like her style! Purely because she never seems like she is trying too hard or trying to look princessy, she is cool and comfortable in her own skin.

I agree. If she does marry Harry, she'll need to adjust some things of course, but they're not married. They're not even engaged. Look at pre-engagement (and to some extent, engagement period) photos of Diana, Fergie, Kate, Maxima, Mary, Mette-Marit, Charlene--it's normal for the women who marry into royal families to hold on to a more casual, trendy style right up until the end of their single life. And the Invinctus Games seem to be very, very casual even for a sporting event. Their VIP seating was a pair of no-frills folding chairs, for goodness sake.

But even in that venue I feel like you already see some of the attention to really nice details that you'd want to see in a princess wardrobe. Those tiny silver buttons on her shirt are a really nice touch, and her ballet flats were a really nice compromise between looking stylish and looking dressed down/sensible. The ripped jeans and the half-untucked shirt may not have been worn in a princess style, but both fit her perfectly. That can be especially tricky with the a non-tailored shirt, hitting the right side of the line between breezy cool (which is where I think she lands, very well) and swimming in excess fabric (where I tend to land when I try to do something like that).

I don't think that look (ripped jeans) is really fashionable any longer.

It was a few years ago, but now I think it's in the same category as pashminas. Sure, there's people who still wear it, but I don't think it could be considered trendy, because the trend-setters have moved on.

Just woke up, Oz time it's 7am. I can't say how delighted I am to see Meghan and Harry together, happy and in love. Beaming, both of them. It's absolutely lovely to see!

Ugh they look so good together. They just fit, and are happy and natural and attractive. For two high profile people that became a couple, they look so relatable.

Funny thing is, I've never given much thought to Prince Harry or his lovelife. I know Meghan from Suits as Rachel and just absolutely hated her character and portrayal. Also I confess to one of those people who only warm up to royal gfs when they become wives so it's been a nice surprise seeing the two together and getting caught up in the excitement of their romance. There's just something relatable and charismatic about them. It helps that it's been great seeing Harry mature in his work and with that, emotionally, which is reflected in his choice of partner from fun-loving socialites to a self-made woman with substance. Totally rooting for these two. <3

They look really good together, beaming, happy, in love. It's great to see. I'm thinking we will get much more pictures too. I love the pda, and they're really relaxed together.

I don't think that look (ripped jeans) is really fashionable any longer.

It was a few years ago, but now I think it's in the same category as pashminas. Sure, there's people who still wear it, but I don't think it could be considered trendy, because the trend-setters have moved on.

They are not all the rage anymore. Although, I don't know if any specific type of jeans are these days. It's wearable, and not considered inappropriate by any normal person's perspective. I just realized I've gone way deep in talking about jeans. :whistling:

I liked what Meghan wore, and she seemed perfectly comfortable with what she wore, it suited the event. Lot of reports on how at ease both Meghan and Harry were, both seemed relaxed and natural. That's the main thing for me.

One, I don't think Kate's pregnancy should be taken into account re Harry's wedding plans.
Two, Meghan's jeans aren't skin tight.

They are not all the rage anymore. Although, I don't know if any specific type of jeans are these days. It's wearable, and not considered inappropriate by any normal person's perspective. I just realized I've gone way deep in talking about jeans. :whistling:

I personally have never loved ripped jeans, but they do still seem to be firmly in style. Skin-tight skinnies are on the way out (can someone tell the Duchess of Cambridge) but frayed fabric and holes are still very much a fashion.

(from last month) Celebrities Ripped Jeans Fashion 2017 (Glamour.com UK) | Glamour UK
(from May) Are Ripped Jeans Still Cool In 2017? – The Fashion Tag Blog
etc.

Looking at the photos on those pages, I'm struck by how restrained Meghan's are in comparison. The standard seems to be either matching knee holes or a whole bunch of little ones, possibly one monster hole that's positively gaping, multiple extra little places where the fabric is fraying... She's got one moderate-sized hole and rough hems.

I think Meghan could wear a potato sack and make it look good. She doesn't seem to be a clothes horse but always dresses appropriately for wherever she is. She is happy and healthy and obviously very much in love with her man.

But what do I know. I'm an older lady sitting here in a heavy fleece onesie with penguin feet. Go figure. :lol:

Most likely not. If she attends it will be the same as the opening ceremony, I bet. Those important to the Games will be seated together as at the opening. There's a certain protocol involved here.

Meghan and Harry are out and about as spectators together at the games and to me, that's enough to show the world that they're a couple. :D

One, I don't think Kate's pregnancy should be taken into account re Harry's wedding plans.

If I was planning a wedding (done that) and my sister in law were pregnant, I would surely take her due date into account. It just means that there's a few weeks around the due date when I wouldn't chose a wedding date. No big deal this early on - they aren't even (officially) engaged yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom