Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since 2004 she's only had 1 short term relationship...the other being almost 10 years and the other being off/on for around 2 years.

I found out about Kate and William by logging on here! I think it's how I have always found out about royals getting married.

LaRae

Perhaps Meghan's past relationships can be put into a nutshell with a quote from E.L. James who says "You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your Prince". :D

Mrs. Barbara Bush didn't have to; she met her Prince at age 16 and a half and married him three years later:).
The same can be said about Mrs. Rosalynn Carter.

Mrs. Barbara Bush didn't have to; she met her Prince at age 16 and a half and married him three years later:).
The same can be said about Mrs. Rosalynn Carter.

Not many people meet their lifetime love as a teenager. Harry's paternal grandmother is one but many people are older when they find the right person.

I don't think Meghan and Harry would have been in a relationship as teenagers for a lot of reasons.

Last edited:
I don't think a relationship with Rory McIlroy has ever been confirmed, and in fact I've seen claims that she denied they were in a relationship.

He challenged her in the ALS IBC, and they were spotted having dinner together in Dublin in October 2014 when she was at One Young World. However, Cory the chef boyfriend was in Dublin at the time, too.
https://www.independent.ie/style/ce...e-enjoyed-dublin-with-boyfriend-30681872.html

FWIW, earlier a couple of people mentioned Meghan moving to Toronto soon after getting married. That's not actually the timeline. The wedding was in September 2011. Suits debuted in June of 2011. While there's no source online for when filming of season 1 started, it's likely to have been in the February/March/April 2011 time period.

So the timeline of her relationship to Trevor is:

2004 - met and started dating
2010 - got engaged
Spring 2011 - moved to Toronto
September 2011 - got married
August 2013 - divorce

An even better example and actually most pertinent to the discussion of Harry and Meghan is his grandmother. She laid eyes on Philip at 13 and that was it. Now they're celebrating their 70th wedding anniversary.

Sometimes one just knows things when they happen. Sometimes they hit by total surprise. That love bug and his bite is a curious beast. :D

Just for curiosity: Was Philip in love with anyone before meeting Elizabeth? (then the Heiress).
For an 18-year-old boy, a 13-year-old girl is still a child.

Just for curiosity: Was Philip in love with anyone before meeting Elizabeth? (then the Heiress).
For an 18-year-old boy, a 13-year-old girl is still a child.

I've read a couple of bios about him and they both mention various romances but I don't remember they talking about anything serious.

LaRae

The only thing I can find for confirmed relationships are

Her ex-husband (2004 to 2013)

The Golfer Rory Mcllroy (briefly in 2014)

The Chef Cory Vitillo (not sure of start date but supposed to have started sometime after Mcllroy and gone off and on until it ended around April of 2016)

Meghan NEVER dated Rory McIlroy! They were just friends. Cory was with them, when they met for the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.

Meghan NEVER dated Rory McIlroy! They were just friends. Cory was with them, when they met for the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.

No need to get excited...it doesn't matter either way really. That's just what I ran across doing some research.

LaRae

Ok, so let's go back to H&M.
An engagement announcement on Christmas would be marvellous (after Platinum Anniversary, Meghan spending calmly Thanksgiving with her family)
And wedding - I just discovered that 4 August - Meghan's birthday -falls on Saturday next year, so maybe then?
And her maid of honor could be her niece Ashleigh Hale, whose Meghan is apparently very close to.

As for "Suits done" - i read synopsis of the serie's last season and Meghan took part in the last episode (broadcast on 13 September) and her character was not written off.
Anyone knows about when Season 8 will be released?

No need to get excited...it doesn't matter either way really. That's just what I ran across doing some research.

LaRae

Not excited. Not aimed at you. Just tired of the misinformation. She's a very decent person, who has been unjustly vilified. You have not done anything wrong! ?

An engagement announcement on Christmas would be marvellous (after Platinum Anniversary, Meghan spending calmly Thanksgiving with her family)
And wedding - I just discovered that 4 August - Meghan's birthday -falls on Saturday next year, so maybe then?
And her maid of honor could be her niece Ashleigh Hale, whose Meghan is apparently very close to.

As for "Suits done" - i read synopsis of the serie's last season and Meghan took part in the last episode (broadcast on 13 September) and her character was not written off.

The final episode of season 7 hasn't aired. It hasn't even been filmed. That was midseason break. The show traditionally airs from July-September, and then has a break until January in airing. What she is currently filming right now is season 7. The filming runs until about the end of November and then filming of a new season (8 if renewed) would start in spring time.

Wedding in August is unlikely as the queen is at Balmoral by then, unless a wedding up there. If she has an adult maid of honor, IMO it will likely be one of her close female friends.

The final episode that Meghan may appear in as Rachel most probably won't be aired until March 2018. They're just finishing filming season 7 now and that ends in November when Meghan's contract with Suits is up. There's been no word as of yet if Suits has been renewed for season 8 and/or if Meghan has renewed her contract with Suits or not.

This is why a lot of us are looking to November for some definitive answers to what may happen next.

The only thing I can find for confirmed relationships are

Her ex-husband (2004 to 2013)

The Golfer Rory Mcllroy (briefly in 2014)

The Chef Cory Vitillo (not sure of start date but supposed to have started sometime after Mcllroy and gone off and on until it ended around April of 2016)

She never dated Rory. They are friends, and the entire rumor started on some platonic photos on social media. But there was denial on that.

I'm curious about the Queen and Philip not having a public celebration, would that mean H&M could announce in November?

I don't think an August wedding is likely. May/June makes more sense due to the normal royal routine. March would be a big longshot, not good odds.

H&M, assuming they do marry, probably won't announce before the close of filming on Suits. So not likely to see anything before late Nov.

laRae

Sure they could but, I still don't think they would. Even without a public celebration it's still kind of their time (the queen and Prince Phillip). I could see some people might still see it as inappropriate. There are people looking for any little thing. No need to give it to them. And since there is really no reason it must be November, I say go for December.

I'm curious about the Queen and Philip not having a public celebration, would that mean H&M could announce in November?

I think its very possible that they could announce an engagement in November. I think the major factor that is playing into this is not the Queen and the DoE's anniversary so much as they probably will not announce it until its been officially announced that Meghan has not renewed her contract with Suits.

Will and Kate announced their engagement on November 16, 2010 and that was 4 days before the anniversary for the Queen and DoE that year and two days after Charles' birthday. Anne married for the first time on Charles' birthday of November 14th. Days important to certain royals aren't totally sacrosanct. If there were to be big, public celebrations for the 70th anniversary, I could see where they wouldn't want to steal the thunder but, as you said, there won't be hence I think very possible.

Aaron Korsch did a Q&A last night. He said two things that were interesting:

1) when asked about how many more seasons they'd do, he said "I stand by my last estimate of at least one more, probably at least two but nothing is official..."

2) he said they're shooting 7.14 and writing 7.16. Which means they have two full episodes to film, and each episode usually taking about 10 days (and 7.16 will be a big ep, since it's the backdoor pilot for another show). There are only 19 days til the November 15 date that ACTRA says is the final shooting date.

I suspect there's no way that Meghan's going to be able to get away between now and Nov 15, not even for a night in Chicago, because there's no wiggle room in that schedule.

I think its very possible that they could announce an engagement in November. I think the major factor that is playing into this is not the Queen and the DoE's anniversary so much as they probably will not announce it until its been officially announced that Meghan has not renewed her contract with Suits.

Will and Kate announced their engagement on November 16, 2010 and that was 4 days before the anniversary for the Queen and DoE that year and two days after Charles' birthday. Anne married for the first time on Charles' birthday of November 14th. Days important to certain royals aren't totally sacrosanct. If there were to be big, public celebrations for the 70th anniversary, I could see where they wouldn't want to steal the thunder but, as you said, there won't be hence I think very possible.
A 70th birthday anniversary still is different than an 'in between' anniversary. Even though the Queen and Duke might not have an official celebration, it would be nice if at least the media could focus on their long marriage for that week... instead of being sidetracked by an engagement announcement.

Regarding the announcement about Meghan (most likely) not renewing, I would think it more logical if they announce that directly after the engagement announcement. If they would have wanted to announce it in advance (giving away that H&M are clearly on the path towards engagement/marriage) they would have done so quite some time ago I would assume, unless other main characters aren't confirmed yet...

A 70th birthday anniversary still is different than an 'in between' anniversary. Even though the Queen and Duke might not have an official celebration, it would be nice if at least the media could focus on their long marriage for that week... instead of being sidetracked by an engagement announcement....

That is what I was thinking as well. If it were like a 66th Anniversary, no biggie, but 70 is a big deal. Whether they have a public or private celebration it will still be and should be the focus of the news. And Harry's eventual engagement (fingers and toes crossed!) will be a big deal. No getting around it. It would end up being the main story and I can almost guarantee that they will be accused of overshadowing the anniversary. I just don't see the point in risking it, when there will already be people ready to pick apart every little thing Harry and Meghan do. Besides they wouldn't announce anything until she is done filming. That's November 15th at the earliest. So what are looking at? About 2 weeks to get until December? And December is pretty quiet accept for Christmas.

Aaron Korsch did a Q&A last night. said two things that were interesting:

1) when asked about how many more seasons they'd do, he said "I stand by my last estimate of at least one more, probably at least two but nothing is official..."

2) he said they're shooting 7.14 and writing 7.16. Which means they have two full episodes to film, and each episode usually taking about 10 days (and 7.16 will be a big ep, since it's the backdoor pilot for another show). There are only 19 days til the November 15 date that ACTRA says is the final shooting date.

I suspect there's no way that Meghan's going to be able to get away between now and Nov 15, not even for a night in Chicago, because there's no wiggle room in that schedule.

Good point. And I know we've been focusing in on November 15th, but shows are known to go over when filming. Especially at the end of the season. Two of my favorite shows, Glee and the West Wing were notorious for that. I'd say their drop dead date to be done filming, is probably Thanksgiving, because everyone most likely has plans. That's another reason I'm just not seeing November for an engagement announcement. There's just to many moving parts and took much going on.

And I still think Thanksgiving (weekend) would be excellent for Harry to ask Meghan to marry him (so real engagement; announcement can wait until December).

I agree, Osipi. There's nothing totally blocking November off. I do think think though that any engagement announcement is more likely to come in very late November after Remembrance Day and the wedding anniversary, when Meghan would be in London with Harry.

Filming for Suits finishes in mid-November. (There have been rumours that Meghan's character leaves the law firm she is with for another and is written out that way. There's been no announcement one way or another for Season 8, AFAIK. Has anyone else heard anything?)

Last edited:
And I still think Thanksgiving (weekend) would be excellent for Harry to ask Meghan to marry him (so real engagement; announcement can wait until December).

I still feel like they are already engaged. I freely admit I have nothing to back that up! I'm completely ready to be wrong. LOL!

So this is sort of off topic, but I could see Thanksgiving maybe being something special for them going forward. Hear me out! They don't celebrate Thanksgiving in the UK (obviously) so no necessary family obligations for Harry. I could see the Thanksgiving weekend be the one time of year that Meghan, with Harry to get back to visit the US. It's only 4 days. It would be a way for Harry to be a part of some of Meghan's family traditions (as well as any kids). We already know that William has really prioritized spending holidays with the Middleton's at their home.

Anyway it's just something that popped in my head, and I'm old, so if I don't share it now, I'll forget. LOL!

The Cambridges seem to be somewhat alternating family locations at least part of the Christmas holiday season. One year the Windsors the next with the Middletons...very much like the rest of us do!

I'm going to be interested in seeing if Meghan/Harry go on another trip right after Christmas like they did last year when they went to Norway.

LaRae

I still feel like they are already engaged. I freely admit I have nothing to back that up! I'm completely ready to be wrong. LOL!

So this is sort of off topic, but I could see Thanksgiving maybe being something special for them going forward. Hear me out! They don't celebrate Thanksgiving in the UK (obviously) so no necessary family obligations for Harry. I could see the Thanksgiving weekend be the one time of year that Meghan, with Harry to get back to visit the US. It's only 4 days. It would be a way for Harry to be a part of some of Meghan's family traditions (as well as any kids). We already know that William has really prioritized spending holidays with the Middleton's at their home.

Anyway it's just something that popped in my head, and I'm old, so if I don't share it now, I'll forget. LOL!

Its a four day holiday in the US. Problem, at least with kids when in school, its not a 4 day holiday in the UK. But the first few years of marriage before the kids are school age, that may be a good idea. Or they spend New Years with her family. Could alternate, the Cambridges spend some Christmases with the Middletons, Harry and Meghan could do the same.

Its a four day holiday in the US. Problem, at least with kids when in school, its not a 4 day holiday in the UK. But the first few years of marriage before the kids are school age, that may be a good idea. Or they spend New Years with her family. Could alternate, the Cambridges spend some Christmases with the Middletons, Harry and Meghan could do the same.

Good point about school. Forgot about school! ? I guess kids do need school! LOL! But yes, I suspect they will alternate holidays as they can, like William and Kate (and the rest of us!) Will has talked about wanting to be able form some of their own traditions for George and Charlotte. I'm interested to see what kind of traditions Harry and Meghan form.

Filming for Suits finishes in mid-November. (There have been rumours that Meghan's character leaves the law firm she is with for another and is written out that way. There's been no announcement one way or another for Season 8, AFAIK. Has anyone else heard anything?)

There has been no official confirmation of Suits being picked up for a Season 8. Both Gabriel Macht and Patrick J Adams would have to be signed first, then everyone else would get contracts if USA network continues the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom