The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 02:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Would the Royal Foundation not of necessity have to be split anyway when William and Kate become Prince and Princess of Wales? I think their engagements etc would no longer necessarily be handled by KP while Harry and Meghan's would ?
Why, if they wanted to continue sharing space, their offices are at KP now, not sure why that would change. Charles is PoW but his offices are not at BP.
Naturally, some things would change and staff added for W&K in the future, but not sure why that affects the Foundation.

Old 10-08-2017, 02:30 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Several off-topic posts and responses have been removed.

Old 10-08-2017, 02:36 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I agree. As Prince of Wales, Charles has that role and those duties and engagements but he also continues with his own personal endeavors such as The Prince's Trust and his interests with the Duchy of Cornwall.

William could do likewise. Its very possible that along with his role as The Prince of Wales and the Duchy of Cornwall, he could remain totally involved with the Royal Foundation. Its not like his involvement with the Royal Foundation is on a day to day basis as it is run by a board of trustees that do the actual governing of the foundation with the royals as their patrons.

I don't think we have anything to worry about here.
Old 10-08-2017, 02:49 AM
Aristocracy

I don't know if this makes sense, but do we know how the Foundation is structured per se? Like are Harry's charities listed with and coordinated with the Foundation? I don't know if I am being as articulate as I would like.

Also, how long after the marriage will Meghan announce her charities, do you think and how many will she take on?

And as someone very kindly mentioned upthread, when Wills takes over the Duchy of Cornwall, he will most likely have to step away from the Foundation, but then again, is the Prince's trust under the Duchy? Not sure.
Old 10-08-2017, 03:06 AM
Majesty

I think reading the thread devoted to The Royal Foundation will answer most of your questions. Actually, the Invictus Games that Harry is patron of is one of the projects of The Royal Foundation. There's a whole lot of different causes and charities and organizations that have the Foundation as their umbrella.

The Foundation is actually run by a board of trustees. We saw just a little bit upthread that it was the board of trustees that officially named Kate as a patron in September 2011.

I don't see any reason whatsoever that William would have to step away when he takes over the Duchy of Cornwall. That is also governed by a separate board of trustees that do the work and make the decisions. As an example, Charles didn't tell the duchy to buy Highgrove, he presented a suggestion that the duchy purchase it and they agreed.
Old 10-08-2017, 04:53 AM
Super Moderator

Indeed, specific questions and more information about the Foundation can be found in the The Royal Foundation of Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry thread. Let's stick to the topic of Harry and Meghan here.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:24 AM
Courtier

Getting back to the original question as to when people became aware of the relationship, for me it was when Harry made that public announcement, back around this time last year? For me THAT was making it official!
Old 10-08-2017, 08:34 AM
Majesty

I think when Harry made that statement, it did make the relationship a fact. Up until then, we'd just had rumors and speculations that he was seeing Meghan but then again, Harry looked cross-eyed at any woman and the media had him halfway up the aisle with her.

It really has been remarkable just how private these two were able to keep their relationship out of the public eye. In a way, that's a good thing because it sets the groundwork on how their privacy will be if and when they marry and start a public life together.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:46 AM
Commoner

I became aware of the relationship when the original story broken by Camilla Tominey in the press.

I knew who she is was as I watched Suits and envied her character's chic workwear. I was very surprised at first but always thought she came across as an intelligent, attractive and classy girl in interviews.

The November statement made me realise that this was obviously a serious relationship and I have been shipping them ever since.

Hoping for a December announcement and a late June or early July wedding.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:02 AM
Courtier

I'm thinking similar.

Kate had to get engaged (although not official in the public sense) before William turned up at a friend's wedding with her! Several years into their relationship!

Harry appears much more straight up. He still wants his and Meghan's privacy, but has no problem letting it known who he is in a relationship with. It comes across as an equal partnership. Have to like that.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Harry is not a successor to the throne, so he can lead a "looser" life.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:32 AM
Courtier

I don't remember when I first read that Harry was dating Meghan, but I did dismiss it as gossip. It just seemed unlikely that they would have much in common or have been able to have a relationship living on two different continents (seems silly now in retrospect, but I know more now). I watch Suits so I at least knew who she was.
Then came the statement and I knew there was a serious relationship developing. And I learned more about Meghan the person and thought, yes I can see how they fit together.
Old 10-08-2017, 11:27 AM
Nobility

I read about it on ohnotheydidnt, and most commenters didn't believe it. And then not long after Harry made that statement. I've always liked Meghan, so I was pleasantly surprised.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:34 PM
Aristocracy

How did Camilla find out? Is she a regular, reliable royal reporter?
Also, how long after the marriage do you think Meghan will announce the charities she will support? How many do you think she will take on? Do she you think she will tackle some more controverisal ones, like sex trafficking? I know Camilla works with that issue.

Do you think Meghan could be considering charities now?
Old 10-08-2017, 12:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
Also, how long after the marriage do you think Meghan will announce the charities she will support? How many do you think she will take on? Do she you think she will tackle some more controverisal ones, like sex trafficking? I know Camilla works with that issue.

Camilla was a royal reporter, she was on tour with PH in the Caribbean and interviewed him and Rhianna after she broke the news about Meghan.
Old 10-08-2017, 02:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:

No-one knows how Camilla T found out, because reporters don't reveal their sources. It could be anyone: a waiter at a restaurant they went to a few times, a gardener at Kensington who noticed the two together, someone at Heathrow. Could even have been someone closer to them. Impossible to know.
Old 10-08-2017, 04:31 PM
Aristocracy

Ah, I see.

Okay, but what do you all think of the questions I posed re Meghan's charities, etc?
Old 10-08-2017, 04:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
I read about it on ohnotheydidnt, and most commenters didn't believe it. And then not long after Harry made that statement. I've always liked Meghan, so I was pleasantly surprised.
I liked Meghan too but I didn't really keep up with her personal or professional life outside of Suits, so when the story first broke, it did seem a bit too random. However, once I started reading more about her, watching her interviews, it became easier to see what may have brought her and Harry together and sparked a connection. The Larry King, in particular, really stood out, perhaps even more than her UN speech. She just came off as really smart and well versed in the issues she was discussing and quite charming too. Thinking about the two of them now, and seeing them interact, they just seem to be a perfect fit for one another.
Old 10-08-2017, 04:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Ah, I see.

Okay, but what do you all think of the questions I posed re Meghan's charities, etc?
I doubt anyone here could give you the answers to those questions.
Old 10-08-2017, 04:42 PM
Nobility

I think we can be sure of one thing: that it will evolve gradually. There will not be an announcement in which Meghan is going to announce all the charities she is going to support.

Closed Thread