The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-07-2017, 12:53 PM
Royal Highness

Something no one has mentioned...

Those who are saying that a wedding might be as much as a year away because of various events, birthdays, anniversaries...

If my granny were 91 and grandpa 96, I sure as heck wouldn’t postpone my wedding date for months on end.

Nothing wrong with marrying on great-aunt Tilly’s birthday or wedding anniversary.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-07-2017, 12:57 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
Kate is 35 and Meghan is 36.
Indeed, in fact, they are only 5 months apart:
August 4, 1981 and January, 9, 1982

The difference is the age difference between the brothers: William is only 5 1/2 months younger than Catherine, while Harry is a little over 3 years younger than Meghan.

Old 10-07-2017, 12:58 PM
Majesty

The queen is in excellent health. And showing no signs she may not be as long lived as her mother or close.

But yes Philip is a concern, especially considering his recent retirement. Harry seems very close to his grandparents, and I would think he'd like his grandfather to be at his wedding.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

In reality, Meghan isn't that much older than Kate is. Meghan is 36 and Kate is 33. Three years age difference isn't that much. There's more of an age difference between Meghan and Harry if we really look at it this way.
I thought Kate was 35. I think she will be 36 in January.
Whoops!! I am sorry. I just saw that someone else had posted that. I need to completely read through all the posts before I respond.
Old 10-07-2017, 06:26 PM
Aristocracy

I still like a Sept or Oct wedding.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:50 PM
Gentry

Add me to the list of people who don't think Meghan will be spending Christmas Eve or Christmas Day with Harry near Sandringham at Amner Hall.

If this is truly going to be her last Christmas as an American, and as a commoner, I tend to think she'd want to take some time during the holidays to be with friends and family and shore up her connections before she flies over the big drink to London.

So maybe instead Meghan and Harry would meet up right after Christmas somewhere romantic and he'd propose? Then they'd announce early in the New Year? I think it would be lovely if he proposed between Christmas and New Year's and then they waited to announce after the New Year so they could experience being engaged in private for a bit and ring in the new year as an engaged couple.

Then next year I'd look forward to seeing a married Meghan and Harry at Sandringham - with her parents invited too (can that happen?).

I do wonder what will happen at Thanksgiving. Meghan will probably spend most of her time with family then - since Thanksgiving isn't a "family" time for Harry, maybe he would join her? That takes some of the pressure off this Christmas thing - with her spending time with friends catching up and shoring up her life on this side of the pond before getting engaged (if that's the plan).
Old 10-07-2017, 07:57 PM
Majesty

Their first trip as a dating couple was to Norway to see the Northern lights. It was right between Christmas and New Years. Definitely a romantic memory if he chose to propose in a similar way.

Her parents would not be attended to spend Christmas at the estate, by that I mean the main house. That is just the family. Now if her and Harry were married, and had a home on the estate, the couple could be invited to join them like the Middletons have, at their home. Or perhaps if they have no home there, Charles may extend an invitation. Or an invite for them to come to Scotland for new years.

Harry and even Meghan spending Thanksgiving with her family will depend on their schedules. Neither may be free every year to fly back to the US for it. Possibly her family or friends could visit during this time. It would be a good alternative to Christmas.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:41 PM
Aristocracy

I have to say I hope Harry and Meghan get to be their own seperate entity and won't still be lashed to the Foundation.

I wonder if Meghan will join the board of Sentebele and Invictus.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:02 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I don't see them becoming separate from the Royal Foundation at all. There is just too much that Harry is already involved in with the Foundation that he'd even think about leaving it. I think the foursome will most likely remain with the Foundation at least until William becomes King. The Foundation is the vehicle through which most of their philanthropic work is done.

The Invictus Games is governed by a board of trustees with Sir Keith Mills, GBE as its chairman. Sir Mills is also the chairman for the Royal Foundation. So, here we see that the Invictus Games, in its roundabout way, is also close to the Royal Foundation. Harry is the royal patron of the Games.

Sentebale also has its own board of trustees that are the moving force for Sentebale. Prince Harry and Prince Seeiso are the founders of the organization.

So, with this in mind, I don't see any possibility that Meghan would be on the board for either of these endeavors because, frankly, neither is Harry.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:13 AM
Nobility

If Harry had wanted his own foundation he wouldn't have joined up with his brother and sister-in-law in the first place, so I am sure the idea from the start has been that a future wife would join the three of them.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Didn't it just start out as William and Harry's group of charities before William married? IMO it's going to be mighty clunky in the loooong title of the Foundation alone, and in administration of it all, with four people in there. Especially when Meghan has her own group of charities under this umbrella.

Also four people rather than the trio turning up to some engagements such as Heads Together. Very unwieldy, IMO.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Didn't it just start out as William and Harry's group of charities before William married? IMO it's going to be mighty clunky in the loooong title of the Foundation alone, and in administration of it all, with four people in there. Especially when Meghan has her own group of charities under this umbrella.

Also four people rather than the trio turning up to some engagements such as Heads Together. Very unwieldy, IMO.
I understand what you are saying but I don't think I agree.
Yes, the name could be streamlined but I think the charities are stronger under the umbrella of the Foundation.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:31 AM
Aristocracy

I am not sure when the Harry and William Foundation started. It was def being Kate got married and unless I am wrong, I don't she joined right away, either.

I agree with Curry, I think some changes have to occur. Harry and William will soon have their own families-that foundation needs to be split up. Will and Kate have their own foundation/press office, etc and same for Meghan and Harry.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:33 AM
Majesty

From what I've read, the Royal Foundation was thought up by William and Harry in 2009 but it didn't become operational until 2011 and by the that time, William had/or was in the process of getting married so it became the Foundation for the three of them.

I also think that Meghan would just make the Foundation a foursome. I do think they might want to alter that very, very long name after Harry marries though. Perhaps just The Royal Foundation because eventually, the names are going to change again. The Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cornwall and Cambridge and the Duke and Duchess of Hogwarts is more like a paragraph. Oh wait. It could also change to the Royal Foundation of the Prince and Princess of Wales and the Duke and Duchess of Hogwarts. Yeps... I think just The Royal Foundation would be the way to go.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:35 AM
Courtier

I can't see any reason to split up the Foundation to basically duplicate something already in existence.

From the Foundation's Mission Statement--
"Through our Foundation we intend to bring a spotlight to bear on some key challenges facing society today at home and abroad, and to lend whatever support we can to those individuals and organisations leading the fight to confront and overcome these challenges."

From Wikipedia:
"The Foundation of Prince William and Prince Harry received charitable status from the Charity Commission on 8 October 2009.
The Duchess of Cambridge formally became a Patron of the Foundation alongside her husband and Prince Harry at the Board of Trustees meeting on 29 September 2011."
Old 10-08-2017, 12:36 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't see them splitting their Trust up...adding the wife of Harry isn't that big of a deal..they will all work together in it.

LaRae
Old 10-08-2017, 12:39 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
I am not sure when the Harry and William Foundation started. It was def being Kate got married and unless I am wrong, I don't she joined right away, either.

I agree with Curry, I think some changes have to occur. Harry and William will soon have their own families-that foundation needs to be split up. Will and Kate have their own foundation/press office, etc and same for Meghan and Harry.
I don't agree with the Foundation being split up. Actually, I think the way that they've set things up where so many different areas of focus are all under one umbrella is the wave of the future for royal charities and patronages. Its so easily possible for each of them to have their own specific areas of interest but yet under the auspices of the Royal Foundation. Its also more feasible this way as far as the operational aspects of all the Foundation handles.

In other words, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I don't agree with the Foundation being split up. Actually, I think the way that they've set things up where so many different areas of focus are all under one umbrella is the wave of the future for royal charities and patronages. Its so easily possible for each of them to have their own specific areas of interest but yet under the auspices of the Royal Foundation. Its also more feasible this way as far as the operational aspects of all the Foundation handles.

In other words, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Agreed completely. I've always thought part of why they rebranded as the Royal Foundation was to create a cohesive umbrella organization for the future.

I also expect the four of them (should Meghan and Harry get married) to do at least a few engagements together which will be a lot of fun to watch.
Old 10-08-2017, 02:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Would the Royal Foundation not of necessity have to be split anyway when William and Kate become Prince and Princess of Wales? I think their engagements etc would no longer necessarily be handled by KP while Harry and Meghan's would ?
Old 10-08-2017, 02:18 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Would the Royal Foundation not of necessity have to be split anyway when William and Kate become Prince and Princess of Wales? I think their engagements etc would no longer necessarily be handled by KP while Harry and Meghan's would ?
Yes. William will not simply have charity obligations but duties as well. He will require a larger staff and it would be natural for him to have his own office. It is very unlikely, in a few years at least, that they will remain an unit when Charles takes the throne. William will be expected to step up and take over the roles and work his dad and Camilla now do. Naturally things will change.