The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1881  
Old 10-06-2017, 09:43 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,742
I thought that I read on this thread that filming for Suits finished on November 15th? That doesn't mean of course that she will herself be filming until that time.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #1882  
Old 10-06-2017, 09:43 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,631
I don't see why not? As long as she's done filming and done with the show I don't think it would matter about the show airing..after all it may air in reruns for years.


LaRae
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #1883  
Old 10-06-2017, 09:47 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Oh, I'm not counting any chickens until they're hatched.

I remember people being convinced Harry and Chelsy were going to announce an engagement after she attended his army pilot graduation, even people on this site were betting their left arm that the two would get engaged before William and Catherine. Some similar but less intense murmurings happened when Cressida attended We Day and sat next to Harry. Or when Harry attended the birthday party of Cressida's sister and everyone said how much he loved Cressida's family.

Same for Richard and Zara, when they did a magazine photoshoot together in 2002, even the BBC was reporting an imminent engagement. Or Beatrice and Dave appearing all over the world together including Royal Ascot.

When it comes to Harry and Meghan (also Jack and Eugenie), I wouldn't be surprised if they announced an engagement tomorrow or a year from now. Just like I wouldn't be surprised if they announced a split tomorrow or a year from now.
I thought Harry and Chelsy might go the distance, but never thought during their time together that an engagement was imminent. They were too young and had military training and grad school going towards the end.
I never thought Cressida was the one.
This relationship seems more mature and settled.
Reply With Quote
  #1884  
Old 10-06-2017, 09:50 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,429
I agree with Pranter. The final airing date most likely will have no impact on an engagement announcement or a wedding date. Its Meghan's contract with Suits that matters.

Suits most likely will continue on into an 8th season. With a program being on for so long and especially because its on the USA channel, it most likely will be going into syndication which could mean that Harry and Meghan's children at 10 years old could turn on the TV and watch their mother's acting career with Suits. The program Law and Order first aired in 1990 and those reruns are still going very strong in syndication 27 years later.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #1885  
Old 10-06-2017, 09:50 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,631
I never thought H&C would make it...too volatile and immature. The situation with Cressie never seemed right either, she seemed a bit immature and wanted a career... and I don't think Harry was in a good place either.


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #1886  
Old 10-06-2017, 09:53 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I don't see why not? As long as she's done filming and done with the show I don't think it would matter about the show airing..after all it may air in reruns for years.


LaRae
If these are new episodes, they tend to garner more attention. It's unlikely to make headlines if it's a rerun and the original airing happened while she was on their radar. Original airing is new, reruns are just old. My question is this will be the period where some British people get to know her, do they really want that to pop up as royal fiancée does this and that? And then only in fine print to clarify it's in a show? We saw what kind of damage that could do when the news first broke they were dating.
Reply With Quote
  #1887  
Old 10-06-2017, 09:56 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 242
I wonder who Meghan's Matron/Maid of honor will be. Will it be Jessica or her other bestie, Lindsay.

She could go the Diana route and not have one. And does anyone know why Diana did not have one?
Reply With Quote
  #1888  
Old 10-06-2017, 10:00 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,429
I just don't believe that an American TV show will have any kind of an impact on whether or not Harry and Meghan announce an engagement or set a wedding date. The publicity garnered by her "last performance" probably will never even cross their minds. These are two people going ahead with their lives and they're certainly not going to base it on what headlines *may* say.

Thinking about it, if Harry and Meghan had to work around so many dates that just wouldn't work in the UK and then add her performances dates being aired from her old contract, these two would probably just throw up their arms in the air, scream, and head to Vegas and get married by an Elvis impersonator.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #1889  
Old 10-06-2017, 10:00 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,631
Evidently in the UK it is common to use children for attendants ...there's usually one woman in the party that oversees the kids....kinda like what Kate did at Pippa's wedding.


LaRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
If these are new episodes, they tend to garner more attention. It's unlikely to make headlines if it's a rerun and the original airing happened while she was on their radar. Original airing is new, reruns are just old. My question is this will be the period where some British people get to know her, do they really want that to pop up as royal fiancée does this and that? And then only in fine print to clarify it's in a show? We saw what kind of damage that could do when the news first broke they were dating.
The public et al knew Kate quite well..didn't seem to do her any favors..just more time to try and trash her.

I don't think it will make any difference about a fairly unknown American/Canadian TV show. If they had concerns about the show (they being Harry and the family etc) he wouldn't be in a long term relationship with her let alone marrying her.

The show is really old news now...a new season really isn't that big of a deal.


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #1890  
Old 10-06-2017, 10:07 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I just don't believe that an American TV show will have any kind of an impact on whether or not Harry and Meghan announce an engagement or set a wedding date. The publicity garnered by her "last performance" probably will never even cross their minds. These are two people going ahead with their lives and they're certainly not going to base it on what headlines *may* say.

Thinking about it, if Harry and Meghan had to work around so many dates that just wouldn't work in the UK and then add her performances dates being aired from her old contract, these two would probably just throw up their arms in the air, scream, and head to Vegas and get married by an Elvis impersonator.
They have plenty of dates they could get married in. And new episodes of Suits with her in it will only air until late February/early March. Which isn't that far off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
The public et al knew Kate quite well..didn't seem to do her any favors..just more time to try and trash her.

I don't think it will make any difference about a fairly unknown American/Canadian TV show. If they had concerns about the show (they being Harry and the family etc) he wouldn't be in a long term relationship with her let alone marrying her.

The show is really old news now...a new season really isn't that big of a deal.


LaRae
The public thinks they know Kate. What did people really know about the person before their engagement? They haven't even heard her voice. Plus, a good start doesn't mean they won't hate, but that doesn't mean one shouldn't try for the best start.
Reply With Quote
  #1891  
Old 10-06-2017, 10:15 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
The public thinks they know Kate. What did people really know about the person before their engagement? They haven't even heard her voice. Plus, a good start doesn't mean they won't hate, but that doesn't mean one shouldn't try for the best start.
If someone wants they can easily hear her voice. She's done enough public speaking.

The 'shock' of her being an actress is over with. If she has left the show it won't matter there's a few episodes still left to air.


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #1892  
Old 10-06-2017, 10:16 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
I wonder who Meghan's Matron/Maid of honor will be. Will it be Jessica or her other bestie, Lindsay.

She could go the Diana route and not have one. And does anyone know why Diana did not have one?
That is a good question. Kate had Pippa, Zara had her friend Dolly, Diana's oldest attendant was 17 year old Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones, the Queen had eight adult women as her attendants including her sister and a number of cousins.
It will be interesting to see what Meghan the bride will choose if (when) the wedding happens.
Reply With Quote
  #1893  
Old 10-06-2017, 10:20 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
I thought Harry and Chelsy might go the distance, but never thought during their time together that an engagement was imminent. They were too young and had military training and grad school going towards the end.
I never thought Cressida was the one.
This relationship seems more mature and settled.
Perhaps. But a lot of royal watchers were convinced earlier (not me, I was rather indifferent). After the breakups, then the justifications started being formulated. Soon it went from "Wow, they split!" to "Of course, they split!". If Meghan and Harry split, the immediate reaction amongst most royal watchers would be shock. After a week, the justifications and analysis would start. By the time Harry started a new relationship, people on this thread would be saying "This relationship seems so different, I think he's finally found the one, not like Chelsy, Cressida and Meghan where an expiration date was clear! blah blah blah"

So, yes, until an engagement is announced, I equally expect an engagement or a breakup.

When it comes to the fickle-hearted Windsors, breakups don't really surprise me. The only one that would shock me to the core, would be if Philip and The Queen announced they were divorcing. Especially, if they made the announcement on their 70th wedding anniversary, for extra dramatic effect.
Reply With Quote
  #1894  
Old 10-06-2017, 10:23 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,742
We know nothing much about Doria's side of the family, do we? We know about slave ancestors (thanks DF) and Doria's father being an art dealer. However, what about aunts, uncles, cousins? Meghan might pick a cousin's child as an attendant.
Reply With Quote
  #1895  
Old 10-06-2017, 10:26 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
The public thinks they know Kate. What did people really know about the person before their engagement? They haven't even heard her voice. Plus, a good start doesn't mean they won't hate, but that doesn't mean one shouldn't try for the best start.
These are two people that most likely are going to marry and start a life together. Its not a publicity stunt where they will be overly concerned about what the public will think, do or say about their personal relationship.

There will be things that are taken into concern regarding the "public opinion" when it comes to their public roles and how they're presented and seen overall but an engagement and a wedding is their personal lives and their own personal events and the public masses or "haters" will be the least of their concerns or even figure into the overall picture.

Basically what I'm saying is that Harry and Meghan will call the shots. We, the public, will have to just accept how they do things and go from there. In a global society where a sneeze is heard around the world in an instant, everyone and anyone is going to have opinions, stories, innuendos and points of view about whatever is it that these two decide.

I don't think Harry and Meghan care about what will take up miles and miles of newsprint and online bits and bytes. They have not kowtowed to the public when it came to their personal relationship up until now and I expect this continue from here on out.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #1896  
Old 10-06-2017, 10:26 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
When it comes to the fickle-hearted Windsors, breakups don't really surprise me. The only one that would shock me to the core, would be if Philip and The Queen announced they were divorcing. Especially, if they made the announcement on their 70th wedding anniversary, for extra dramatic effect.
I feel bad for laughing at that, but that's actually quite funny.

But Chelsea and Harry were volatile. They kept doing this break up and make up thing. I feel like if you've done it more than once, you should just let it go.
Reply With Quote
  #1897  
Old 10-06-2017, 10:28 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,742
It was the same with William and Kate's dating period over the years though, and they did have a couple of split ups. I'd like to have had a dollar for every time magazines and tabs had William on the point of proposing from 2007 onwards, or the engagement announcement expected month by month.
Reply With Quote
  #1898  
Old 10-06-2017, 10:39 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Nashville, United States
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
We know nothing much about Doria's side of the family, do we? We know about slave ancestors (thanks DF) and Doria's father being an art dealer. However, what about aunts, uncles, cousins? Meghan might pick a cousin's child as an attendant.
We know she has an aunt, who has an adult son but beyond that, it's seems to be a mystery.

That we have heard nothing from Doria's side of the family likely speaks to how close they are and how much they care about Meghan. Quite the contrast to the Markles. Hopefully, we will see more of Doria's family at the wedding, perhaps with a relative or two as an attendant.
Reply With Quote
  #1899  
Old 10-06-2017, 10:47 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 242
Well Lindsay is pregnant according to what she said on her IG, so maybe not maid or matron of honor.

I think that Doria had a sister, but no one seems to know her whereabouts or if she is still living.
Reply With Quote
  #1900  
Old 10-06-2017, 10:51 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Peru
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I thought I was being generous by suggesting a 3 week buffer, Andrew's christening and Margaret's wedding had a 4 week buffer. I base my opinions on previous happenings.

Again, you're free to believe that the two might occur back-to-back. Just like others are free to believe that the wedding will happen in August/September while the Queen is in Balmoral, that she'll make a special day trip down to England just for it. I just don't subscribe to that notion.
On that I fully agree! Everyone is free to hold their opinions. And this time we just have to wait and see what they do (although we will never know what might have happened only what will happen). We might know in a few months time or at least a year from now (so far haven't seen predictions for a 2019 wedding ).
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 34 (8 members and 26 guests)
Alliec76, andrew, MaiaMia_53, QueenPenny, Spectator, Sunnystar, zaika
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Harry and Meghan: The Love Story" eya Royal Library 30 10-28-2017 02:39 AM




Popular Tags
best outfit birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events denmark duchess of cambridge eveningwear dutch state visit earl of snowdon europe general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín james bond king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein margherita monarchy news paris picture of the week prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince nicholas prince oscar prince philip prince sebastian princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen silvia state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family united kingdom victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:27 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises