The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 12:11 AM
Aristocracy

Thank you for correcting me. Yes, the pics of Diana and Charles in Wales were wonderful. No Polo in December, but I can see Meghan at the van Straubenzee concert.

Old 10-05-2017, 12:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Hey folks. What we can do to avoid a lot of confrontation and arguments and back and forth bickering is to take advantage of the "Ignore" function which is in your user control panel under "settings and options". I'm going to take advantage of that.
Thank you, I also am now using that pretty button to stay out of trouble and drama which causes heart problems....

Now for Harry and Meghan.....Oct would be the best month for a wedding in the highlands of Scotland with all the beautiful colors in bloom. That would be my dream wedding for them or me.....

Old 10-05-2017, 01:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
I would like a winter wedding or fall-October-anyone, but most likely, that won't happen.
Does anyone know or want to venture a guess to question upthread about whether or not, after an engagement is announced, if Meghan and Harry will visit Scotland, Wales, N. Ireland and do an engagement in England as Will and Kate did before their nuptials?
I think the visits W&K did were because of William's position as the heir's heir and he will be King one day-I wouldn't expect the same for Harry.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:25 AM
Aristocracy

Thank you, O-H. But Harry and Meghan might do those visits as Meghan is American and they might want her to try and garner as much goodwill as possible and to meet as many people as she can and maybe get a little more acclimated and familiar with UK life.

Wait a minute, just realized Meghan and the Queen Mother have the same bday.

Do you think after the wedding, that Meghan and Harry will immediately do a tour of Canada or Australia as Wills and Kate went to Canada after their wedding?
Old 10-05-2017, 12:16 PM
Courtier

Another try:

A tour to me is out of the question. Harry is not the future king so no need to do an official tour. That Meghan is a foreigner (from a non-commonwealth country) does not change that, so no official tour. See for a recent example: princess Claire of Luxembourg: she never did a tour -while there is a far bigger chance of her becoming the grand duchess of Luxembourg than of Meghan becoming queen- while her sister-in-law Stephanie did a tour visiting all the different districts of the grand duchy.

If they wish Meghan to become acquainted with all different parts of her new country (all assuming that they get married of course), it shouldn't be to hard to strategically select activities that are spread out over the country (and I am sure she will be involved in Commonwealth tours as well over the years). However, apparently Harry only recently visited Northern Ireland for the first time, so if it isn't even important for him, I don't think it is top of the list for Meghan.
Old 10-05-2017, 12:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I didn't go thru the Catherine and William pre-marriage stuff and I'm glad, because if this thread is anything to go by, it must have been like wading thru treacle.

I yearn for clarity and facts - not this stuff.

I'll come back when and if there is an engagement announcement.
Hear, hear !
I must admit that i don't remember such level of cheesiness concerning William and Kate...
I leave it all to you my dear Wonder Meghan friends !
Old 10-05-2017, 12:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I didn't go thru the Catherine and William pre-marriage stuff and I'm glad, because if this thread is anything to go by, it must have been like wading thru treacle.

I yearn for clarity and facts - not this stuff.

I'll come back when and if there is an engagement announcement.
I did not come to this forum until after William and Catherine married. Just for the fun of it, I went back and read the pre-marriage forum--oh my goodness!!!
Old 10-05-2017, 12:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Do you think after the wedding, that Meghan and Harry will immediately do a tour of Canada or Australia as Wills and Kate went to Canada after their wedding?
No, I don't think they will do an official tour immediately. There is more than enough to learn for Meghan in a short period of time to focus on before going on an official tour representing the Queen - however, it seems quite likely that their first tour abroad would be to Australia to visit the Invictus Games (October 18-29).
Old 10-05-2017, 12:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Or if Meghan gets pregnant soon after the wedding (maybe even during post-wedding night, who knows?) the official tour would be postpone for an unspecified time.
Old 10-05-2017, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
No, I don't think they will do an official tour immediately. There is more than enough to learn for Meghan in a short period of time to focus on before going on an official tour representing the Queen - however, it seems quite likely that their first tour abroad would be to Australia to visit the Invictus Games (October 18-29).

I agree with you, there is much for Meghan to learn.
Old 10-05-2017, 12:46 PM
Majesty

I could easily see them going to the I.G. after they marry.

LaRae
Old 10-05-2017, 01:32 PM
Aristocracy

Are the IG games in Oz next year?
I wonder how involved Jessica Mulroney will be re helping Meghan with her wedding dress selection and if Jessica will be Meghan's stylist post wedding.
I also wonder-where is Meghan's dad? Are they close? We all know he wasn't at Invictus with her mom Harry.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:50 PM
Nobility

Given that Jessica has a husband and kids in Canada, I think it's safe to say that Meghan will be getting a new stylist once she moves to the UK.

I assume her dad still spends most of his time in Mexico. They were together last Thanksgiving and she has posted some sweet messages about him on instagram so I would say they have a good relationship, at the very least. We may not actually see him though until there is a wedding.

Re: next year's Invictus Games, I think it's a given that this will be Harry and Meghan's first official trip abroad should they marry before then. Definitely one more thing to look forward to.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:53 PM
Aristocracy

Thank you for answering that. i wonder what her dad does in Mexico and if he has met Harry?

Also, I hope this is not off topic, but is there a thread for Meghan's fashion yet?
Old 10-05-2017, 01:56 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Thank you for answering that. i wonder what her dad does in Mexico and if he has met Harry?

Also, I hope this is not off topic, but is there a thread for Meghan's fashion yet?
Typically the g/f don't get a fashion thread until they become engaged to whatever royal it is they are dating.

LaRae
Old 10-05-2017, 02:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:

I would assume he has met Harry, especially if Harry and Meghan are already engaged.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:55 PM
Courtier

I think after an Engagement announcement we're looking at a wedding 3/4 months afterwards. December may be interesting re Engagement.

I hope they bring back the Honeymoon carriage drive which seems to have gone out of fashion now, where they tied balloons to the carriage on the way to the Railway Station, and the bride changed into a suit or dress and hat.
Old 10-05-2017, 03:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
I think after an Engagement announcement we're looking at a wedding 3/4 months afterwards. December may be interesting re Engagement.

I hope they bring back the Honeymoon carriage drive which seems to have gone out of fashion now, where they tied balloons to the carriage on the way to the Railway Station, and the bride changed into a suit or dress and hat.
Don't they have to close down streets for that? If that's the case, I highly doubt it. It's not like the 80s where everything stops for the royals.
Old 10-05-2017, 03:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:

I believe I read that he is retired.
Old 10-05-2017, 03:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post

That's why I am thinking it might be Jan or even Feb before they announce, although I'd love to see it done in Dec! They will be working around the Cambridge baby's due date.

LaRae