Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully, IMHO, the ONLY reason VF asked her to do that interview was because she was willing to talk about her relationship with Harry (whether specifically named or not).

An actress in her situation would maybe get a page, or blurb, on the inside of the magazine, not the cover. Again, just my opinion.

Yes, I'm sure her relationship with Harry is why she got the cover. However, the interview itself was not all about Harry.

It's interesting to note how often some like to point out that Harry is the reason she got the cover, as if anyone in the BRF has ever gotten a mag cover based solely on their accomplishments. Safe to say that had they not been born into royalty, it's very likely that none of the royals would be on the cover of any magazines.

Last edited:
I have a feeling.

With all due respect, that's not really an answer.

I see Harry as happier and more relaxed than ever. He and Meghan seem to just get each other and enjoy being together. I think once they actually spent time together summer and fall of 2016, the relationship moved along swiftly.

Based on everything I've observed over the past year, I think an engagement will be sooner, rather than later.

I think that is more to do with geography. Harry's previous girlfriends were UK based and the tabloids (as usual) were all over them.

Not so in Canada (she's very lucky)
While Canada isn't a paparazzi infested town, there are still a lot of "social" scenes. Not everything gets printed because people there are more laid back about celebrity in general, but with this big of story, eyes are on her. Multiple places have reported that she basically disappeared from the social scene. She used to go to quite a few events and benefits along with Jessica and that crew.

Respectfully, IMHO, the ONLY reason VF asked her to do that interview was because she was willing to talk about her relationship with Harry (whether specifically named or not).

An actress in her situation would maybe get a page, or blurb, on the inside of the magazine, not the cover. Again, just my opinion.

The original statement was that Meghan did the interview because of her relationship with Harry - which I disputed. You argue that VF wanted the interview (and her on the cover) because of Harry... that's a different statement.

There is a huge difference between why Meghan did the interview (as others suggested: it might have been a way of handling both her new life as girlfriend of a royal and her work expectations/contractual obligations as an actress in Suits) and why VF wanted the interview :flowers:

With all due respect, that's not really an answer.

I see Harry as happier and more relaxed than ever. He and Meghan seem to just get each other and enjoy being together. I think once they actually spent time together summer and fall of 2016, the relationship moved along swiftly.

Based on everything I've observed over the past year, I think an engagement will be sooner, rather than later.

Thats your opinion, doesn't mean it will be true. I believe I am right.

The original statement was that Meghan did the interview because of her relationship with Harry - which I disputed. You argue that VF wanted the interview (and her on the cover) because of Harry... that's a different statement.

There is a huge difference between why Meghan did the interview (as others suggested: it might have been a way of handling both her new life as girlfriend of a royal and her work expectations/contractual obligations as an actress in Suits) and why VF wanted the interview :flowers:

I think both are true. The interview was mainly her introduction as Prince Harry’s girlfriend and giving a little insight into their relationship. I think they wanted to get ahead of the media and quell interest.

She also got the interview because she is Dating Prince Harry. That’s not a criticism, it just is. I have no problems with her career or accomplishments, but they don’t really matter to me when it comes to being a royal.

Thats your opinion, doesn't mean it will be true. I believe I am right.

On what observations or articles do you base your opinion? You haven't given us anything to understand why you believe an engagement won't happen. There has to be something that makes you think this. Please enlighten the rest of us. Thanks.

I don't know if VF does off limit topics. I know they don't give approval rights on editorial. There was a fight with Gweneth Paltrow years ago over that. Anyways, no one is denying this relationship has elevated how many people know her or is interested because of it. It is what it is. She doesn't control that.

What she has done is that she has stepped back from most of her media obligations to her show, and in exchange did one exclusive profile with a respectable magazine that did mainly focus on her and her show with very limited talk about her relationship. I know everyone here is honed in on the BRF, but there is more to the world and life. She's trying to find an acceptable compromise between the two worlds.

Still predicting an announcement in Dec/Jan!

Very public at the I.G., obvious he has developed a good relationship with her mother. Gave up the lease on her car, apparently not renewing contract with Suits, giving up the lease on her home (the latest story)...if all accurate then the announcement will come sooner rather than later.

LaRae

I think she could do interviews and other things relating to her job because she’s still got a career and obligations, but I think talking about her relationship should have been left until an engagement and the subsequent interview. I always look forward to those because of the couples get to talk about their relationship and how they met and their life ahead, etc.

I don't know if VF does off limit topics. I know they don't give approval rights on editorial. There was a fight with Gweneth Paltrow years ago over that. Anyways, no one is denying this relationship has elevated how many people know her or is interested because of it. It is what it is. She doesn't control that.

What she has done is that she has stepped back from most of her media obligations to her show, and in exchange did her and her show with very limited talk about her relationship. I know everyone here is honed in on the BRF, but there is more to the world and life. She's trying to find an acceptable compromise between the two worlds.

I think you are being too sensible for some people:ROFLMAO:

I think this phrase of your post is key here--"one exclusive profile with a respectable magazine."

Very public at the I.G., obvious he has developed a good relationship with her mother. Gave up the lease on her car, apparently not renewing contract with Suits, giving up the lease on her home (the latest story)...if all accurate then the announcement will come sooner rather than later.

LaRae

I love the engagement interviews and “presentation” of the couple. The whole engagement period is so much fun for each royal couple and the royal watchers. Last big one too for a while so I’m excited.

I think both are true. The interview was mainly her introduction as Prince Harry’s girlfriend and giving a little insight into their relationship. I think they wanted to get ahead of the media and quell interest.

Someone did a breakdown of how much of the article focused on each topic, which included their relationship. The relationship aspect was actually very little. It's hard to say there is one main reason for that interview. She does have a contractual obligation to promote her show after all. It killed multiple birds with one stone.

I think she could do interviews and other things relating to her job because she’s still got a career and obligations, but I think talking about her relationship should have been left until an engagement and the subsequent interview. I always look forward to those because of the couples get to talk about their relationship and how they met and their life ahead, etc.

Except if she was still doing a lot of interviews there would have been lots of questions about her relationship and she would be in a no win situation. If she answered, people would say she was trading in on the relationship and not suitable to marry into the family, if she declined to answer they would write stories about that, twisting whatever she said.

Truthfully, Meghan said very little except that she and her boyfriend were in love, that they were enjoying their private time together and eventually when the time came, they would be more public. That's pretty innocuous.
We still know no details and can look forward to those maybe being answered at the engagement interview.

That's just not feasible. They can't control what question come up during a Q&A. Or how they'd try to get around it. Just look at what her costars have to deal with when they do interviews now that the cat is out of the bag. Plus, it's stupid to pretend the elephant in the room doesn't exist.

There was supposedly a question asked while she was at ATX, and she didn't answer. The tabloids still went wild, and pretty much watched her reaction with a microscope and analyzed the hell out of it. I don't believe it even happened in the event she participated in, but they managed to get near her at the ATX.

Last edited:
I’ve read the article.

She’s not obligated to say anything. She could decline like others. Just because she’s an actress does not mean she has to talk about her relationship. I still stand by my opinion like everyone else does theirs. It’s done anyway. Now, I look forward to the engagement.

I’ve read the article.

She’s not obligated to say anything. She could decline like others. Just because she’s an actress does not mean she has to talk about her relationship. I still stand by my opinion like everyone else does theirs. It’s done anyway. Now, I look forward to the engagement.

Sure she can, but that's not going to stop them from asking again or just simply write whatever they want. They have an interview with her, plenty of people will take the interviewer's narrative as her comment. Her comments weren't anything we didn't already figure. Bottom line is, one thing not BRF and show business have in common is that they both need media and media need both. Build some goodwill and get on with it.

Last edited:
Sure she can, but that's not going to stop them from asking again or just simply write whatever they want. Her comments weren't anything we didn't already figure. Bottom line is, one thing not BRF and show business have in common is that they both need media and media need both. Build some goodwill and get on with it.

Sure but they have a certain way of doing it for a reason. Besides, the entertainment world is not the same as royal life. You can’t equate the two. There are different expectations and relationship with the press.

Anyway, I’ve stated my opinion and you and others have yours. There’s no point continuing to go back and forth about it. We can respectfully disagree.

Exactly! Far too invested indeed.

You’d think some women would like the fact that Harry is in a relationship with someone that have her own life, experiences and accomplishments.

Well this woman certainly does! You can tell a lot about a man by the type of woman he marries. I personally like what it says about Harry, that Meghan seems to be the type of woman he wants to make a life with. He certainly has no shortage of choices. There are plenty of more "traditional" options out there available to him.Women willing to do and be whatever the BRF asked. But this is who it seems he has chosen. Like I said earlier, I doubt one American actress is going to bring down the whole operation.

I think Meghan is smart enough to know anytime she goes anywhere at this point it’s all about Harry. I can’t see her giving interviews. If she did, JMO, I think the reins would be pulled in.

I tend to believe a lot here are doing wishful thinking. Not your fault though.

LaRae

Where did you see Meghan had or is giving up her lease on her Toronto home? I hadn't read that yet. If that is true, I imagine she'll be moving to London soon. There doesn't seem to be a point in moving elsewhere for a brief time, then moving again.

Last edited:
Where did you see Meghan had or is giving up her lease on her Toronto home? I hadn't read that yet. If that is true, I imagine she'll be moving to London soon. There doesn't seem to be a point in moving elsewhere for a brief time, then moving again.

I cant even find the DM suggesting it, and they usually spring most rumors, or the mirror. A lot suggesting that they are house hunting but nothing new there. Only lease I have seen being given up is her car.

I think that article in the Guardian offers a unique perspective. I haven't really seen much reaction from Brits of color concerning the Harry/Meghan relationship. I've often wondered what those of color in Britain feel about the BRF. Perhaps how a lot of African-Americans felt about the presidency until recently? You grow up your whole life seeing people who are supposed to represent you and your country yet they look nothing like you. The few Black British people I know are pretty indifferent to the BRF. It's not really something they feel strongly about one way or another because they don't really feel a connection to it. But that's only a handful of people. No group is a monolith. I'm sure there are a range of opinions. I hope more speak out.

A few posts have been deleted as they were off-topic or empty/bickering responses. Let us try to avoid back and forth bickering as it serves no purpose and disrupts the thread.

It is also time to move on the magazine interview Meghan did - she and Harry are still together and so it is clearly not an issue that needs debating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom