The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1701  
Old 09-28-2017, 04:22 PM
duchessrachel's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, United States
Posts: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
There was an open question posed about why the interest in Meghan and Harry. My answer is pretty straightforward and superficial: I like weddings and love looking at all the fashion choices. That's it.
Me too, and I am obsessed with the British Royal family.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #1702  
Old 09-28-2017, 04:30 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,321
Meghan’s New Security Upgrades:
Prince Harry's girl Meghan Markle gets new security detail | Daily Mail Online
__________________

__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #1703  
Old 09-28-2017, 04:39 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I REALLY wish they would not publish pictures of where the cameras are. It's one thing to report that she has additional security. It's quite another to publish it in such detail so that it basically gives a roadmap to what to avoid and possibly put her safety in danger.
Reply With Quote
  #1704  
Old 10-04-2017, 07:09 AM
Jacknch's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk/Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 5,799
Once again, a large number of posts have been deleted. The posts that remain and therefore on-topic and of interest to those wishing to read about Harry & Meghan’s relationship had been lost in yet another off-topic conversation.

Private messages have been sent to regular posters of this thread in connection with how we wish this thread to improve. However, please be reminded of the following:

1) Everyone is entitled to post their opinion and that different opinions are allowed - this is a discussion forum, not a fan-site.

2) Both positive and negative opinions are likely to be posted - and will be allowed to be posted, provided they are made respectfully, are constructive and add interest to the general discussion.

3) With regard to negative comments about Meghan Markle, a negative opinion does not presume racism.

4) We will not tolerate accusations of racism against individual members of this forum or against members of the media.
__________________
JACK
Reply With Quote
  #1705  
Old 10-04-2017, 03:35 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 242
How did you guys first find out about Harry and Meghan's relationship? I believe I first found out through LaineyGossip and I was shocked and happy. The odd part is, I had been intrigued by Meghan years before dating Harry and thought she would make a name for herself, but never imagined this.
Reply With Quote
  #1706  
Old 10-04-2017, 03:38 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,429
Well, for me it was quite simple. Logging onto TRF here. I've been following Harry and his adventures here for going on 10 years now and there has been a relationship musing thread for that long here.

I don't look elsewhere for information as I do not do social media or "gossip" fan based sites. Harry's relationship is part and parcel of my interest in the British royal family as a whole.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #1707  
Old 10-04-2017, 03:51 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,631
I found out here. Had never heard of Meghan before the story broke. I was skeptical at first ...however as we found out more about her and how she has conducted herself I've become supportive of their relationship. But I still don't watch her show, it's not my thing.

I said a few times here that Harry needed to meet someone thru his charity work, to avoid women in his 'social circle'. He needed someone to ground and support him. Lo and behold he appears to have done just that! Maybe he secretly reads our comments? LOL


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #1708  
Old 10-04-2017, 04:06 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I found out here. Had never heard of Meghan before the story broke. I was skeptical at first ...however as we found out more about her and how she has conducted herself I've become supportive of their relationship. But I still don't watch her show, it's not my thing.

I said a few times here that Harry needed to meet someone thru his charity work, to avoid women in his 'social circle'. He needed someone to ground and support him. Lo and behold he appears to have done just that! Maybe he secretly reads our comments? LOL


LaRae
Yeps.... Harry most definitely took my suggestion that he needed a dog. Went out looking around and found two of them that just happened to have the perfect woman for him attached to them.

That's one of the most wonderful things about life. One never knows whats around the corner waiting for them and that ol' love bug bites when you least expect it to.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #1709  
Old 10-04-2017, 04:11 PM
Queen Claude's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: USA, United States
Posts: 536
IIRC Camilla Tominey of The Express broke the story.
Reply With Quote
  #1710  
Old 10-04-2017, 04:12 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
How did you guys first find out about Harry and Meghan's relationship? I believe I first found out through LaineyGossip and I was shocked and happy. The odd part is, I had been intrigued by Meghan years before dating Harry and thought she would make a name for herself, but never imagined this.
I like Harry, but never quite followed the BRF closely. I remember hearing about Kate and then W&K's wedding years later, but that was probably the last time I paid attention. I started being a big fan of Meghan in mid-2006 after binge watching Suits on Amazon Prime and subsequently did some research on her. Imagine my surprise when I saw the report about her and Harry pop up in October. Especially since they just seem to lead completely different lives in completely different places. I guess that's the moral of the story here is that you never know where or when you'd meet that person. I was skeptical on if that's true or not at first, but as soon as both sides went completely silent when asked for comments, I knew it was true. Then of course the onslaught of media frenzy and the rest is history.
Reply With Quote
  #1711  
Old 10-04-2017, 04:29 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Yeps.... Harry most definitely took my suggestion that he needed a dog. Went out looking around and found two of them that just happened to have the perfect woman for him attached to them.

That's one of the most wonderful things about life. One never knows whats around the corner waiting for them and that ol' love bug bites when you least expect it to.
And it happens to be someone involved in charities and NOT from his social circle!

See he liked our suggestions! Should we expect an invite to the big day??


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #1712  
Old 10-04-2017, 04:38 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: central valley, United States
Posts: 821
One significant event happened while the thread was on time out - to wit Harry/Meghan and her mom at the closing ceremonies for Invictus
Harry's getting on famously with Meghan Markle's mother | Daily Mail Online
Because Meghan and her mom were tucked away in the VIP box I'm undecided whether the intent was for it to be known they were there or not. If the former, again a very significant signal as to the direction the relationship is heading.
I've thought often about Meghan's mom, wonder if she worries (as would I) about paying for an outrageously expensive dress to wear to the wedding since you know the tabloids report and dissect every wardrobe/hat choice at British Royal weddings. After that there's dressing and traveling for christenings and the like. She seems a very self assured woman, so will undoubtedly handle it far better than I could :)
So Harry is back in the UK, Meghan is presumably hard at work filming, it should be quiet on the relationship front until we get nearer to the holidays I assume.
Reply With Quote
  #1713  
Old 10-04-2017, 04:40 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
And it happens to be someone involved in charities and NOT from his social circle!

See he liked our suggestions! Should we expect an invite to the big day??


LaRae
What? Actually miss the chance to spend the entire day hovering around a computer monitor and a big screen TV and being able to share the day with all our friends here? Besides, I'd have to dress up people like to attend a royal wedding and prefer my fleece onesie with penguin feet.

I do think this relationship has thrown everyone for a loop as if asked back in 2006 or so, the consensus was that it would never happen in a million years. What impresses me the most about this relationship is that two people worlds apart living their own lives and doing what they felt drawn to do happened to meet and it was literally like the fireworks going off in a movie when a couple kisses.

Makes me totally believe that anything can happen.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #1714  
Old 10-04-2017, 04:50 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
What? Actually miss the chance to spend the entire day hovering around a computer monitor and a big screen TV and being able to share the day with all our friends here? Besides, I'd have to dress up people like to attend a royal wedding and prefer my fleece onesie with penguin feet.

I do think this relationship has thrown everyone for a loop as if asked back in 2006 or so, the consensus was that it would never happen in a million years. What impresses me the most about this relationship is that two people worlds apart living their own lives and doing what they felt drawn to do happened to meet and it was literally like the fireworks going off in a movie when a couple kisses.

Makes me totally believe that anything can happen.
We could be official representatives of TRF!!! Posting live from the events!


I agree the relationship has caught many folks off guard. Harry's dating who? An actress? From where? She's bi racial? I can imagine the old guard heads were spinning....sherry in the tea that day.

I think it's fab. Everyone wants to see those boys happy and successful in their lives.



LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #1715  
Old 10-04-2017, 04:54 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
One significant event happened while the thread was on time out - to wit Harry/Meghan and her mom at the closing ceremonies for Invictus
Harry's getting on famously with Meghan Markle's mother | Daily Mail Online
Because Meghan and her mom were tucked away in the VIP box I'm undecided whether the intent was for it to be known they were there or not. If the former, again a very significant signal as to the direction the relationship is heading.
I've thought often about Meghan's mom, wonder if she worries (as would I) about paying for an outrageously expensive dress to wear to the wedding since you know the tabloids report and dissect every wardrobe/hat choice at British Royal weddings. After that there's dressing and traveling for christenings and the like. She seems a very self assured woman, so will undoubtedly handle it far better than I could :)
So Harry is back in the UK, Meghan is presumably hard at work filming, it should be quiet on the relationship front until we get nearer to the holidays I assume.

Absolutely the intent was that it be known. They are following a well laid out game plan.

Her mom isn't going to have to pay for anything. Meghan has her own money. She and Harry will take care of a wedding...and I'm sure Charles will kick in.


I figure things will be quiet for awhile...Harry is doing some official stuff and she's filming. They zip back and forth to see each other but usually that's very low key. I expect we will see them again around the holidays.


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #1716  
Old 10-04-2017, 04:57 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 5,859
For what it’s worth , The Sunday Times reports the wedding will be this summer after the Cambridges have their third child
Reply With Quote
  #1717  
Old 10-04-2017, 04:59 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
For what it’s worth , The Sunday Times reports the wedding will be this summer after the Cambridges have their third child
Realistically if they announce in Dec/Jan maybe even Feb, they could marry in May/June easily.


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #1718  
Old 10-04-2017, 05:01 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I found out here. Had never heard of Meghan before the story broke. I was skeptical at first ...however as we found out more about her and how she has conducted herself I've become supportive of their relationship. But I still don't watch her show, it's not my thing.

I said a few times here that Harry needed to meet someone thru his charity work, to avoid women in his 'social circle'. He needed someone to ground and support him. Lo and behold he appears to have done just that! Maybe he secretly reads our comments? LOL


LaRae
You know, it's so funny, because I remember back when Harry was with Cressida a ton of people on royal blogs wanted him to date outside of the typical aristo circle. Lo and Behold, it happened!

What I find weird is that Meghan and Harry have not made the cover of People magazine. People mag here in America helped make Diana a superstar and they love the BRF. It's just very weird, seeing how pro royalty People mag is and esp since Meghan is American, that they have not landed a cover.
Reply With Quote
  #1719  
Old 10-04-2017, 05:08 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,429
People magazine, like just about every other publication, just hasn't been able to get these two people in a picture together because they've been under the radar so much. It wasn't until the Invictus Games that we actually saw them together, in public, as a couple.

Once the engagement becomes a reality, the media is going to be flooded with these two people.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #1720  
Old 10-04-2017, 05:16 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 242
Not getting Meghan and Harry in the same frame for a pic has never been problem for any pubication. Back in the day, People spliced a pic together of Rob Lowe and Princess Stephanie when they were dating and now, due to IG, there are tons of pics of Meghan and Harry together. Not sure what People's issue is.

Meghan's mom will not have to worry about paying for outfits for the royal wedding or air travel as it will be taken care of. Also, she might get a part time residence in the UK to stay near Meghan.

But that Daily Mail article-did that reporter admit to stalking Meghan's mom and trying to talk to her?
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 34 (8 members and 26 guests)
Alliec76, andrew, MaiaMia_53, QueenPenny, Spectator, Sunnystar, zaika
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Harry and Meghan: The Love Story" eya Royal Library 30 10-28-2017 02:39 AM




Popular Tags
best outfit birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events denmark duchess of cambridge eveningwear dutch state visit earl of snowdon europe general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín james bond king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein margherita monarchy news paris picture of the week prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince nicholas prince oscar prince philip prince sebastian princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen silvia state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family united kingdom victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:27 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises