The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 10:03 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
If they announce their engagement in December, with that timeline, I think May would be the earliest they'd get married. That would leave Kate's due date wide open too. So, Meghan and Harry, I'm trying to keep May open, just send the invitation, I'll arrange from my end, that I'll be able to attend.
May would be a fantastic month. They could announce the 1st week of December and then marry in May.
Save

Old 09-27-2017, 10:06 AM
Courtier

I still don't see an engagement this year. I think the safer bet would be early next year. Meghan won't finish filming until late November, and then she'll probably be with her parents for Thanksgiving. A move after that to London is expected. Then comes Christmas. She won't be at Sandringham, and likely travel to be with her family and friends. An engagement announcement early next year is likely after she settles in.

Old 09-27-2017, 10:39 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Meghan most certainly will not be involved in the Christmas Eve celebrations that is for family only at Sandringham nor would she be included in the annual Christmas walk to church. What could happen though is that Meghan and her mother be invited to Amner Hall for the holidays and then maybe included in some things going on on Boxing Day or thereafter. That is, of course, if they announce an engagement beforehand.

Another thing that very well might be a possibility is that Meghan will be invited to the Queen's pre-Christmas lunch that she holds yearly for the extended family. Kate attended as William's fiancee. We'll just have to watch and see what happens.

Kate Middleton joins Queen for Royal family pre-Christmas lunch
Old 09-27-2017, 10:53 AM

i agree with LaRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Canada...the Queen is their Monarch. Yesterday was H&M's debut.

I don't think you are going to see Meghan at anything official in England proper until they are officially engaged. Family events it could happen.

Personally I think they are already engaged and working out the details.

LaRae
I bet they are engaged already and are working with BP/CH staff, lawyers etc to work out the details. Questions like keeping her US citizenship, closing out financial matters in Canada and US, a 36 yo business woman with a career, financial responsibilities doesn't just lift her tent and leave town. One major aspect is she's lived in her Toronto place for over 5 years, more than one suite case full of clothes, books and dogs!
Old 09-27-2017, 11:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Meghan most certainly will not be involved in the Christmas Eve celebrations that is for family only at Sandringham nor would she be included in the annual Christmas walk to church. What could happen though is that Meghan and her mother be invited to Amner Hall for the holidays and then maybe included in some things going on on Boxing Day or thereafter. That is, of course, if they announce an engagement beforehand.

Another thing that very well might be a possibility is that Meghan will be invited to the Queen's pre-Christmas lunch that she holds yearly for the extended family. Kate attended as William's fiancee. We'll just have to watch and see what happens.

Kate Middleton joins Queen for Royal family pre-Christmas lunch
That depends on where Meghan and her parents will spend Christmas. If her parents travel to London, I could see that. However, it's not a given that they'd be travelling rather than her, since it's likely her last Christmas in US for at least a good number of year. People typically also see close friends during this time, so she might consider coming back to US for Christmas even if an engagement has been announced. I still have my doubts about announcing before Christmas.
Old 09-27-2017, 11:08 AM
Majesty

There is quite a bit one can find if Google is our friend that points to a possible move to London sooner rather than later. I'm not absolutely sure of the credibility of the story but it would make sense to me if things are moving along as supposed.

"It's currently being claimed the Suits star has cancelled her car lease in Canada because she wants to be in London a lot more from November." Of course there could be multiple other reasons to cancel a car lease but I found this interesting.

Meghan Markle Might Have Given The Biggest Clue She's Moving To The UK For Prince Harry
Old 09-27-2017, 11:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
There is quite a bit one can find if Google is our friend that points to a possible move to London sooner rather than later. I'm not absolutely sure of the credibility of the story but it would make sense to me if things are moving along as supposed.

"It's currently being claimed the Suits star has cancelled her car lease in Canada because she wants to be in London a lot more from November." Of course there could be multiple other reasons to cancel a car lease but I found this interesting.

Meghan Markle Might Have Given The Biggest Clue She's Moving To The UK For Prince Harry
I would say this is a lot more to do with a security concern with her car being recognized than moving to London. If she's planning to move to London, it'd make sense for her to keep her car until November. However, with studio providing a car for when she works, and the fact that she's been going to London, it's easier to just use other transportation methods in Toronto.

As for moving to London after November, I don't think any of us needed to know she terminated her lease to know that.
Old 09-27-2017, 11:32 AM
Heir Apparent

The plot thickens!

LaRae
Old 09-27-2017, 11:44 AM
Aristocracy

Getting married on Camilla and Charles' wedding anniversary would be a slap in the face to Harry's mother and I don't see that happening. The press would have a field day in addition to the internal drama it would cause.

I still say a September wedding. I also don't see Meghan and her family being invited to Anmer Hall for the holidays either.
Old 09-27-2017, 11:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
Getting married on Camilla and Charles' wedding anniversary would be a slap in the face to Harry's mother and I don't see that happening. The press would have a field day in addition to the internal drama it would cause.

I still say a September wedding. I also don't see Meghan and her family being invited to Anmer Hall for the holidays either.

While I don't agree with this sentiment (I think William and Harry should be allowed to have a positive relationship with their father and stepmother without it being seen as an attack against their mother), this sentiment is exactly why any date that is significant to Camilla won't be Harry's wedding day.
Old 09-27-2017, 12:04 PM
Aristocracy

I am wondering, when Meghan marries in, will she still celebrate Thanksgiving and July 4th? I am wondering how that will work for her and if Harry will celebrate those occasions with her and will her kids celebrate American holidays as well?

I don't think that Harry shouldn't have a good relationship with Camilla, but I am saying him marrying on the day Camilla married Charles is more trouble than its' worth.
I also think that Harry and Meghan should have their on individual wedding date and not share it.

Also, can we post pics on this thread or is there a seperate area where we may post them?
Old 09-27-2017, 12:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I am wondering, when Meghan marries in, will she still celebrate Thanksgiving and July 4th? I am wondering how that will work for her and if Harry will celebrate those occasions with her and will her kids celebrate American holidays as well?
That'd be up to the couple. I don't see why not.
Old 09-27-2017, 12:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:

I don't think that Harry shouldn't have a good relationship with Camilla, but I am saying him marrying on the day Camilla married Charles is more trouble than its' worth.
I also think that Harry and Meghan should have their on individual wedding date and not share it.

Also, can we post pics on this thread or is there a seperate area where we may post them?
Just a quick tip about posting pictures to threads. One thing to be very careful and aware of are photos that are copyrighted. As this could cause problems for TRF if those photos are posted here, I think its far better to be safe rather than sorry and the best way to post photos is to provide a link to them.

Of course photos that you have taken and have full rights to are different (such as with a smart phone) but for the most part, photos that are available around the internet are usually copyrighted.

Hope this helps
Old 09-27-2017, 12:28 PM
Nobility

Based on my experience living abroad and having many friends who are married with someone from another country, most families find a way to incorporate important holidays into their family life (sometimes with others from the same background). Of course some adaptations are needed at times: an American in the UK wouldn't have days off and children would need to go to school on Thanksgiving but they can have a Thanksgiving Dinner at night (or even in the weekend).

So yes, I would expect them to celebrate Thanksgiving. 4th of July might be a little more awkward (and not something that I've seen Americans abroad celebrate as much): let's celebrate that the United States became independent from your (tirant) forefather...
Old 09-27-2017, 02:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
May would be a fantastic month. They could announce the 1st week of December and then marry in May.
Save
This is what I am hoping they will do.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:09 PM
Commoner

PLease not may I want to go to London in may
Old 09-27-2017, 02:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
still celebrate Thanksgiving
If Harry is anything like every other Englishman, ONE Turkey per annum in more than enough !
Old 09-27-2017, 02:30 PM
Heir Apparent

If Harry gets married in May that's not going to stop tourists visiting London. It's a big place. In fact a Royal wedding may attract more visitors.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Honestly they aren't a normal family. They not only have family birthdays to think of. But things like trooping, state visits, tours and more. Most of which are planned at least a year in advance.

Honestly if it comes down to marrying on Zara's birthday, marrying when Charles is on tour, or waiting extra months to marry, I think they would be saying 'Zara do you mind sharing your birthday?' and I highly doubt she'd have an issue. Happens in plenty of families.

I highly doubt a wedding would happen before May, as it seems Kate is likely due some time in April.

considering they will likely marry on a weekend as no bank holiday, we don't have to worry about:

-Zara- May 15 is a Monday
-Charlotte- May 2 is a Wednesday
-Wessex anniversary in a Tuesday
-Peter/Autum is a Thursday

The other dates mentioned, birthdays, are earlier in the year and unlikely as pretty quick to plan wedding or possible baby Cambridge. Philip's birthday is only one I'd rule out as even though Sunday, trooping is the day before.

Kate is not the only family member who they have to be concerned about attending.
Edward and Sophie's wedding anniversary is in June not May.

I can see Zara not caring if they chose her birthday but I couldn't see them choosing Charlotte's birthday.

All this speculation about an engagement is likely putting Harry off doing it until the hype has died down. Edward jokingly said that when there was speculation about his proposing to Sophie in the 90's he went quiet again. Harry will do it if and when he wants to and is ready.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:36 PM
Nobility

Harry says Meghan is loving the games!!

Prince Harry Says Meghan Markle Is "Loving" the Invictus Games | InStyle.com
tps://twitter.com/InSle/status/913091943491674119

Closed Thread