The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 05:15 PM
Heir Apparent

when Harry marries, everyone wants it to be because he and his wife love each other.

However, Rudolph has a point when he talks about the UK population accepting his wife. And they have good reason. She is going to represent them and they are going to pay for her. So their expectations will be high. And unfair though it may seem, she has a high hurdle to jump if she isnt British.

Dont come after me for saying that or that it isnt fair (Ive already said that myself). Life isnt fair and people's expectations will be high.

What is important is that H doesnt say "dont worry it will all be fine". His future wife needs to understand just how difficult it can be and have the support. Which I think he will ensure.

But as it stands, H has a girlfriend and thats it.

I'll wait and see.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 09-01-2017, 06:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Harry has found his 'Clair Huxtable' and think the British people will come to really like her when they get a chance to know her. That's the real key, the people getting a chance to know her more better. Right now, Meghan, is Harry's girlfriend and she hasn't been properly introduced to the British people yet.

Everyone has to keep this in mind.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-01-2017, 06:12 PM
Serene Highness

^ Who is she ?
Old 09-01-2017, 06:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
^ Who is she ?
We already know some many facts about her life, profession and outside work. If things become official, the British people will get a chance to know her more personally.

It's the same process the British people and media went through with Catherine, Sophie, Camilla, Diana and Sarah. It only really happens once things become more official.

Meghan comes with an advantage because she already have a public presence in her own right, so there's not much of a mystery about her. Her coming in contact with the British people and media offers more though.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-01-2017, 06:22 PM
Serene Highness

I meant who is Claire Huxtable !
Old 09-01-2017, 06:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
I meant who is Claire Huxtable !
The smart and beautiful lawyer wife and mother from the 1980's American tv show 'The Cosby Show.' Played by actress, Phylicia Rashad.

Meghan Markle reminds me of her. For many men, 'Clair Huxtable', was the dream wife and mom.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-01-2017, 06:29 PM
Serene Highness

Thank you.
Old 09-01-2017, 06:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
... Rudolph has a point when he talks about the UK population accepting his wife. And they have good reason. She is going to represent them and they are going to pay for her. So their expectations will be high. And unfair though it may seem, she has a high hurdle to jump if she isnt British.

Dont come after me for saying that or that it isnt fair (Ive already said that myself). Life isnt fair and people's expectations will be high.

What is important is that H doesnt say "dont worry it will all be fine". His future wife needs to understand just how difficult it can be and have the support. Which I think he will ensure.

But as it stands, H has a girlfriend and thats it. I'll wait and see.

Hmmm, more projecting it seems about whether or not Meghan is up to the task of becoming royal? It's been discussed before, and the DF's constant snide coverage, along with some royal journalists claiming her relationship with Harry is only 'a fling,' points up once again some of the negative, prejudicial attitudes.

Sure it's a high profile role that brings with it a lot of extra baggage quite aside from a regular marriage. However, I would say that Prince Harry is more than aware of this himself and that's a big reason why he's even commented before meeting Meghan that he hoped to find someone 'willing to take him on.' And that he desired to be able to conduct a relationship as privately as possible so he could get to know that person out of the public eye as much as possible.

Harry knows that the prospect of dating and marrying him brings a lot of extra, unpleasant headaches. He's already lived through such miseries and intrusiveness experienced by his former girlfriends. It seems to me that Harry was thus prepared when he did meet Meghan and became serious about her. He was prepared to protect her and to protect their privacy by going under the radar quietly. Kudos to Harry and to Meghan that they were able to keep their relationship under wraps for at least 3 to 4 months before it all blew up. The press intrusion upon Meghan and her family, and the snide gossip became too much for Harry to stomach. He put out the statement to the press with the full backing of his family and Buckingham Palace. Oh, but little does the DF and many observers seem to learn anything.

Prince Harry and Meghan will do as they please regarding the evolving course and pace of their relationship. As far as Meghan's readiness for all that the role of wife to Prince Harry will entail, she's more ready than any of Prince Harry's previous girlfriends.

The following assets and advantages Meghan possesses have been highlighted before in articles, and mentioned by some royal commenters: Meghan seems ideally suited to the public role that life as a royal wife would involve as, 1) she's an actor used to dealing with the media and appearing in public at all kinds of events and ceremonies; 2) she has a degree in international relations; 3) she's worked with diplomats at the U.S. Embassy in Buenos Aires, Argentina; 4) she's worked on humanitarian projects with the U.N.; 5) she gave a very articulate and accomplished speech to the U.N. in connection with her volunteer work with U.N. Women and One World Vision; 6) she's got a great deal of style, panache, class and taste. All of this is substantial preparedness for marrying into the royal firm, regardless of any negative views of Meghan held by anyone.

If Meghan was skittish about the demands, public over-interest and the tabloid intrusiveness generated by dating a royal, her relationship with Harry would not have continued for as long as it has already. More than likely, and it has been mentioned in some news reports, Meghan has been receiving advice and tutelage from Harry's royal staffers and closest advisers on matters of royal protocol and the ins-and-outs of what would be expected of her. Kate definitely was taken under the wing of mentors and royal courtiers before she married William. Both Kate and Meghan will have received much more prepping and information about matters of royal life prior to marriage than Diana ever received. But then Diana's trial-by-fire was the touchstone that changed a great deal.
Old 09-01-2017, 06:41 PM
Heir Apparent

It wouldn't matter if Meghan was a rocket scientist, she will be judged in Britain on how she carries herself as a royal.

The majority of royal work isn't glamorous. Meghan will be trading red carpets for planting trees and unveiling plaques.

I've said this before but it needs repeating, Meghan will have to adopt to the BRF way of doing things, not the other way around.
Old 09-01-2017, 06:52 PM
Administrator

Please note that posts regarding Megan's mother at the laundry mat have been deleted as off topic {over 50 posts!}. Let's stay on topic...the actual relationship of Harry and Megan.

If you have any additional questions and/or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact a British moderator.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 09-02-2017, 04:25 PM
Nobility

I have no idea where to put this question so, Moderators, please move it if necessary. I looked in the British Royal Residences and did not see a thread there for it. Here is the question: If Harry and Meghan get married, is there a house that the Queen might give them to live in, in the way she gave William and Kate Anmer Hall?
Old 09-02-2017, 04:28 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
There is an entire thread devoted to the subject. It can be found at:

Future Home for Prince Harry
Old 09-02-2017, 06:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post

Hmmm, more projecting it seems about whether or not Meghan is up to the task of becoming royal? It's been discussed before, and the DF's constant snide coverage, along with some royal journalists claiming her relationship with Harry is only 'a fling,' points up once again some of the negative, prejudicial attitudes.

Sure it's a high profile role that brings with it a lot of extra baggage quite aside from a regular marriage. However, I would say that Prince Harry is more than aware of this himself and that's a big reason why he's even commented before meeting Meghan that he hoped to find someone 'willing to take him on.' And that he desired to be able to conduct a relationship as privately as possible so he could get to know that person out of the public eye as much as possible.

Harry knows that the prospect of dating and marrying him brings a lot of extra, unpleasant headaches. He's already lived through such miseries and intrusiveness experienced by his former girlfriends. It seems to me that Harry was thus prepared when he did meet Meghan and became serious about her. He was prepared to protect her and to protect their privacy by going under the radar quietly. Kudos to Harry and to Meghan that they were able to keep their relationship under wraps for at least 3 to 4 months before it all blew up. The press intrusion upon Meghan and her family, and the snide gossip became too much for Harry to stomach. He put out the statement to the press with the full backing of his family and Buckingham Palace. Oh, but little does the DF and many observers seem to learn anything.

Prince Harry and Meghan will do as they please regarding the evolving course and pace of their relationship. As far as Meghan's readiness for all that the role of wife to Prince Harry will entail, she's more ready than any of Prince Harry's previous girlfriends.

The following assets and advantages Meghan possesses have been highlighted before in articles, and mentioned by some royal commenters: Meghan seems ideally suited to the public role that life as a royal wife would involve as, 1) she's an actor used to dealing with the media and appearing in public at all kinds of events and ceremonies; 2) she has a degree in international relations; 3) she's worked with diplomats at the U.S. Embassy in Buenos Aires, Argentina; 4) she's worked on humanitarian projects with the U.N.; 5) she gave a very articulate and accomplished speech to the U.N. in connection with her volunteer work with U.N. Women and One World Vision; 6) she's got a great deal of style, panache, class and taste. All of this is substantial preparedness for marrying into the royal firm, regardless of any negative views of Meghan held by anyone.

If Meghan was skittish about the demands, public over-interest and the tabloid intrusiveness generated by dating a royal, her relationship with Harry would not have continued for as long as it has already. More than likely, and it has been mentioned in some news reports, Meghan has been receiving advice and tutelage from Harry's royal staffers and closest advisers on matters of royal protocol and the ins-and-outs of what would be expected of her. Kate definitely was taken under the wing of mentors and royal courtiers before she married William. Both Kate and Meghan will have received much more prepping and information about matters of royal life prior to marriage than Diana ever received. But then Diana's trial-by-fire was the touchstone that changed a great deal.
I'm not projecting anything. You have yr opinion and thats fine.

I think that you really failed to understand my original post.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 09-02-2017, 07:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Meghan Markle has a long way to go for Britons to be 'enraptured' with her
She's young(ish), beautiful, and charismatic, and surely people who want Harry to be happy will respond favorably to the woman he loves.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-02-2017, 07:37 PM
Heir Apparent

I think the majority will if it comes down to it.

LaRae
Old 09-02-2017, 07:48 PM
Nobility

I think they will need to put up a united front in order to control the narrative. the tabloids will surely create rivalries to suit their narrative. they should all attend a polo match, go out to lunch....even if they don't like each other control the narrative and act like you do so you don't allow the tabloid narrative to be the only story.
Old 09-02-2017, 07:56 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Actually, if they do get engaged and then married, I expect them to have the same advantage that William and Kate had and have a few years to adjust to marriage and start a family with Meghan doing some royal engagements but not a full calendar for a while.

This gives her and Harry the opportunity to get their marriage on solid footing, start their family, set up residence(s) and allow Meghan to learn the ropes of being a British working royal gradually.
Old 09-02-2017, 07:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quite honestly I don't think either of them would marry someone that didn't get along with the other brother and in this case brother and wife. They are too close to have feuding wives. Whomever Harry marries will most likely have a friendly relationship with his brother/sister in law.

LaRae
Old 09-02-2017, 09:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Quite honestly I don't think either of them would marry someone that didn't get along with the other brother and in this case brother and wife. They are too close to have feuding wives. Whomever Harry marries will most likely have a friendly relationship with his brother/sister in law.

LaRae
I agree but the tabs will always try and spin the story to create drama. So in that case they need to get in front of the spin. Especially with an American bride they will try to push the princess pushy narrative.
Old 09-02-2017, 09:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh yes..look what they try with Kate and Diana ...the woman's been dead 20 years and they try to put her up against Kate...folks have to stop reading those rags.

LaRae

Closed Thread