The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 07:44 PM
Majesty

For the love of..... anyone who thinks she was underdressed has never attended a sporting event in Canada. Unless you are in one of the sky boxes, drinking champagne and watching the game, that would be different. Throw a jersey on and she would look right in place at an Oilers game. Even if she was royal, which she isn't, even royals dress down when occasion calls for it.

Old 09-26-2017, 07:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Who will switch on the Christmas Lights this year? I know members of the BRF often do it.
I'm thinking, if it is Harry, Meghan could accompany him to that.

Old 09-26-2017, 08:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
This couple just might have some big news for us in the new year. We just have to wait and see.
I really hope it will be faster than that !!!! Three months to wait ? No way
Old 09-26-2017, 08:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
I really hope it will be faster than that !!!! Three months to wait ? No way
My money is on announcement in about 2 months. Suits will be done filming with the wedding after the last new episode of the season airs.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:33 PM
Nobility

Vogue brings in a body language expert. It's a fun read, even though we already know the way H&M are shown interacting expresses happiness and comfort with each other:

https://www.vogue.com/article/meghan...anguage-expert
Old 09-26-2017, 08:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
My money is on announcement in about 2 months. Suits will be done filming with the wedding after the last new episode of the season airs.
England can get cold in the winter months. And though none of use knows when they are planning their wedding, who wants a wedding in the winter when it's cold?
Old 09-26-2017, 08:53 PM
Aristocracy

Do you think George and Charlotte will be in the wedding? Hope not, I would like the spotlight to be on Meghan and Harry-I think I will call them Merry-plus, not a fan of kids in weddings.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
Those ripped jeans a few were complaining about? Well fans etc are trying to find who the designer is. The shirt she wore is called, the Husband's Shirt.

That purple dress she wore as already sold out! Those ripped jeans and that shirt will too I bet.
Now this is a new one on me..........what is a *Husband's shirt*? I did not see the words husband on the shirt...it is white like white shirts are, no nothing to talk about, yet......
Old 09-26-2017, 09:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
Now this is a new one on me..........what is a *Husband's shirt*? I did not see the words husband on the shirt...it is white like white shirts are, no nothing to talk about, yet......
Most designers give names to their designs, nothing strange there.

The shirt belongs to a line of clothes meant to be work clothes for women. The designer's website calls the shirt the answer to the search for the perfect white button down shirt. The name is meant to be a quirky play on the old idea of a wife borrowing her husband's shirt. The sexy idea of a wife wearing her husband's top (and usually little else) taken from the bedroom into the board room. But instead of wearing a man's shirt, a shirt designed for women, but with some of the style principles of a man's shirt.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:41 PM
Nobility

I have to comment on the DF caption today to one of the pictures of Meghan and Harry enjoying the wheelchair tennis yesterday:

"Despite being in the glare of the world's media, the couple looked completely relaxed in each other's company"

I believe H&M have been relaxed and comfortable with each other for quite sometime, especially during their 3-week trip to Africa where they spent every day together (probably the longest length of time spent with each other during their courtship).

As far as H&M being at ease and paying no mind to the heavy media glare, that's likely because their relationship is about them and for them, and not about the media, tabloids, paps, and onlookers.

A loving touch from Prince Harry:
https://twitter.com/LizzieITV/status/912383199610892289
Old 09-26-2017, 09:43 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
Do you think George and Charlotte will be in the wedding? Hope not, I would like the spotlight to be on Meghan and Harry-I think I will call them Merry-plus, not a fan of kids in weddings.
I guess those preferences are cultural - most people like what they are used to [for the record, we didn't have either one - and most of the wedding's I've attended in my home country don't; they might have a little child dressed as flower girls/page boy bringing the rings, but that's about it].

I don't like lots of adult attendants (they also could attract a lot of attention for the wrong reason - think back for example to Nikolaos & Tatiana's wedding); so do hope that they stick with the British tradition with a maid of honor, a best man, and flower girls and page boys (if necessary a few more attendants would be fine, but a small number please and not instead of the children; they are too cute). At least that seems to be the British tradition; please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:53 PM
Nobility

I'm first looking forward to the actual engagement announcement, seeing the ring and setting eyes on what kind of engagement attire Meghan will choose to wear. And also hopefully seeing a sit down interview with the two of them discussing their relationship for the first and last time in public together.

After that there will be plenty of time to speculate about wedding details and to anticipate what kind of wedding dress Meghan will select, and which designer will have the privilege of creating it.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:02 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
I’m in for the viewing sleepover! I kept my middle-school daughter home from school for William and Catherine’s wedding.

I’ll bring proseco and a baked egg dish.
You and osipi are totally invited!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
I'm first looking forward to the actual engagement announcement, seeing the ring and setting eyes on what kind of engagement attire Meghan will choose to wear. And also hopefully seeing a sit down interview with the two of them discussing their relationship for the first and last time in public together.

After that there will be plenty of time to speculate about wedding details and to anticipate what kind of wedding dress Meghan will select, and which designer will have the privilege of creating it.
This is what I'm waiting for. I just cannot wait for all of the details and hopefully we will get an interview about their relationship and Meghan's future and what kinds of things she'll be doing...

I wonder what tiara she'd wear for the wedding? What style of dress? Clearly it would be a british designer - but what small American details might they add to pay homage to her heritage? Might they even add some African American details or homage? Man - I kinda teared up thinking about that. Nothing big - just something to honor her mother and father... and their heritages.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Quite possible they will be in the wedding party! Most English weddings have small children in them. Not uncommon in the US either.

LaRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionMaven View Post
This is what I'm waiting for. I just cannot wait for all of the details and hopefully we will get an interview about their relationship and Meghan's future and what kinds of things she'll be doing...

I wonder what tiara she'd wear for the wedding? What style of dress? Clearly it would be a british designer - but what small American details might they add to pay homage to her heritage? Might they even add some African American details or homage? Man - I kinda teared up thinking about that. Nothing big - just something to honor her mother and father... and their heritages.

As far as tiaras go she certainly would have several to choose from! I don't see anything big ...something smaller I'm thinking.

I expect her dress to be more traditional with perhaps a modern feel..but don't expect to see a lot of skin or too revealing. I'm hoping for elegant and classy. She could pick an American designer!

I haven't seen her talk (old interviews etc) that much about her heritage to know how she connects to that. If she would have any of those touches or not. Will be interesting to see.

LaRae
Old 09-26-2017, 11:33 PM
Aristocracy

Meghan identifies strongly as biracial, she has said so several times. Not sure how she would incorporate that either. I truly hope that Meghan does a fresh take on the royal wedding dress as I find most of them conservative, ugly and very 70ish. No lace, please!
Old 09-26-2017, 11:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
England can get cold in the winter months. And though none of use knows when they are planning their wedding, who wants a wedding in the winter when it's cold?
Winter weddings are beautiful. Think velvet and capes
Ps we had one
Old 09-26-2017, 11:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Meghan identifies strongly as biracial, she has said so several times. Not sure how she would incorporate that either. I truly hope that Meghan does a fresh take on the royal wedding dress as I find most of them conservative, ugly and very 70ish. No lace, please!
You will probably be disappointed then. Brides marrying into the BRF are not going to do anything super modern or edgy. They tend to lean toward the conservative side...and no it doesn't matter than she is American. She's not going to go down the aisle in something 'trendy' or strapless.

LaRae
Old 09-26-2017, 11:56 PM
Nobility

Lainey Gossip suggests a possible engagement announcement in March with a wedding in September next year.
Is Meghan Markle sending messages through her clothes about status of relationship with Prince Harry?

I tend to think that Meghan is gearing up for a move to London (she and Harry may wish to spend more time together before an announcement). Since the royals do not generally have long engagements, probably the only way there would be an announcement in October of this year is if the wedding is planned for February or March.

If Meghan moves to London in December, the question is whether she will be included at Sandringham for Christmas before an engagement is announced? I actually think they are already engaged, so the public announcement is a formality. If an announcement comes in early December, then perhaps a wedding in early May. If the announcement comes in January or February, then a wedding perhaps in late July or early August close to Meghan's birthday.
Old 09-27-2017, 12:00 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
You will probably be disappointed then. Brides marrying into the BRF are not going to do anything super modern or edgy. They tend to lean toward the conservative side...and no it doesn't matter than she is American. She's not going to go down the aisle in something 'trendy' or strapless.

LaRae
True. And it will be matched to the size of the venue, whatever that is. Carolyn Bessette Kennedy's dress was lovely, and it worked in a tiny church on a remote island, but it wouldn't work in the Abbey or St. George's. For a large venue, you need a large dress.
Old 09-27-2017, 12:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post

LaRae
It can be trendy and modern without being strapless. Of course the dress wont be strapless, as they would be married in the Anglican church, where brides are meant to have covered shoulders.

Certainly lace, or big puffy ball gown is not required.

A fantastic drop waist gown with keyhole back. A vintage 30's feel. So many ways can go without being too sexy.

Closed Thread