The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 04:06 PM
Royal Highness

Winter weddings aren't at all unusual here, but most Brides opt for the warmer months.. May being a particularly favoured time..

Old 09-26-2017, 04:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlytheAnne View Post
Her half sister said that she and her father laughed at the stories claiming he and Meghan were Jewish and that the rumors were untrue and spread by the tabloids. She also said that she and Meghan's father and much of their family have been baptised in the Episcopalian church (formerly the Church of England before the Revolutionary War).

And according to the recent Vanity Fair article, Meghan was not raised Catholic but attended a Catholic high school.

Meghan herself seems to be at least culturally Christian considering the fact that she celebrates holidays like Easter and Christmas, but exactly what she believes or how strong her faith is only she would know. Regardless I don't believe conversion would be necessary.
Is this the same half sister who has sold stories about Meghan to the tabloids?

If so I'm not sure I would trust anything she says.

LaRae

Old 09-26-2017, 04:10 PM
Nobility

Episcopalians are part of the Anglican Community, just like the Church of England, so if true she would be considered part of the same church - just a different geographical region. If she would like to take communion they'll ask her to be confirmed if she hasn't been confirmed yet (which I would expect her to do if she was raised (marginally) episcopalian - again very similar to Catherine.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
It's no colder than Times Square on New Year's Eve, and millions of people gather for that.

Everyone will just have to dress for the weather, that's all.
Watching the ball drop is different than the BRF. The ball hasn't gotten any criticism and been challenged by Republicanism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Winter weddings aren't at all unusual here, but most Brides opt for the warmer months.. May being a particularly favoured time..
It might also have to do with the availability of flowers? I know there are ways for winter, but not as many selection available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Is this the same half sister who has sold stories about Meghan to the tabloids?

If so I'm not sure I would trust anything she says.

LaRae
A spokesperson has confirmed in the past that she's not Jewish.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:45 PM
Nobility

Those ripped jeans a few were complaining about? Well, fans etc are trying to find out who the designer is. The shirt she wore is called, the Husband's Shirt.

That purple dress she wore as already sold out! Those ripped jeans and that shirt will too I bet.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
A spokesperson has confirmed in the past that she's not Jewish.
I don't think that is the issue here....I wouldn't trust the claims made by the half sister who has been selling stories.

LaRae
Old 09-26-2017, 04:56 PM
Aristocracy

I don't know if any of you follow LaineyGossip, but she is very reliable and has been out front in terms of reporting on the Meghan-Harry relationship. I wish we could get a cute acronym for them as I hate having to write out their names all the time--anyway, Lainey speculated when Meghan and Harry would make their official, debut in England-she isn't counting the polo outing.

I am wondering if there are any official BRF events coming up where Meghan could make her debut at Harry's side. Or are there any official Harry related events she could take part in?
Old 09-26-2017, 05:05 PM
Heir Apparent

They already made their debut...that was yesterday.

LaRae
Old 09-26-2017, 05:08 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think Harry has anything scheduled in Britain that would be comparable to Invictus - that is, something that he is attending as an audience member viewing an event (albeit as a prominent, very significant event).

I could see her at the Remembrance Day services if an engagement has been announced and it works for her availability.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
Those ripped jeans a few were complaining about? Well fans etc are trying to find who the designer is. The shirt she wore is called, the Husband's Shirt.

That purple dress she wore as already sold out! Those ripped jeans and that shirt will too I bet.
it really is her signature look, she has worn the shirt and jeans and shoes before. its the classic Cali girl look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
I don't know if any of you follow LaineyGossip, but she is very reliable and has been out front in terms of reporting on the Meghan-Harry relationship. I wish we could get a cute acronym for them as I hate having to write out their names all the time--anyway, Lainey speculated when Meghan and Harry would make their official, debut in England-she isn't counting the polo outing.

I am wondering if there are any official BRF events coming up where Meghan could make her debut at Harry's side. Or are there any official Harry related events she could take part in?
I hope she gets to meet Pres. Obama. They actually met before and he called her by name which surprised her.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
They already made their debut...that was yesterday.

LaRae
They made their debut in Canada, but it is England to me that will be official, official. As Lainey says, that is where is titles count. IF they debut in England, they are as good as engaged.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:27 PM
Royal Highness

I'd be AMAZED if she appeared on Remembrance Sunday this year.. Prince Harry doesn't always attend, and as THE most solemn occasion of the Royal calendar it would be without precedent for a girlfriend to attend.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
Those ripped jeans a few were complaining about? Well fans etc are trying to find who the designer is. The shirt she wore is called, the Husband's Shirt.

Still, the look is more controversial than I thought!

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/megh...155420729.html
Old 09-26-2017, 05:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
They made their debut in Canada, but it is England to me that will be official, official. As Lainey says, that is where is titles count. IF they debut in England, they are as good as engaged.
Well I think they are already as good as engaged but I understand wanting to see them together at an official BRF event. I have my doubts that Meghan will attend any before an engagement announcement though. Seems she'll be busy filming for the next couple of months, which may partly explain why they've made it a priority for her to seen with Harry at Invictus. I suspect we'll see her again before the Games conclude. And then once she is done filming, we will get an engagement announcement, followed by Megan joining Harry and the family at some events.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Canada...the Queen is their Monarch. Yesterday was H&M's debut.

I don't think you are going to see Meghan at anything official in England proper until they are officially engaged. Family events it could happen.

Personally I think they are already engaged and working out the details.

LaRae
Old 09-26-2017, 05:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
As far as I know his grandmother is as much Queen of the UK (or would Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland also not be as official to you compared to England?) as of Canada (although she doesn't need a GG to represent her in the UK)

So, his title counts very much in Canada as well, but as the royal family lives in the UK, I see why you'd say that it would give it even more of an 'official' touch.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:49 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

To be honest, I think clutching one's pearls over ripped jeans at a sporting event is pretty silly. If that one hole wouldn't have been there, all would have been fine? I'm just kinda baffled that people have a problem with this in the year 2017.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:53 PM
Aristocracy

Meghan would never turn up at Remembrance Day. It would break all standards of protocol and would not go over well.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:

The people who were actually there found no objection to her jeans. In fact, a couple of reporters that were on the scene even commented that she was slightly overdressed compared to everyone else at the game.

And I have to laugh at those that said she should wear more formal stuff when out with the Prince. Has it occurred to any of them that it could very well be one of the reasons the Prince loves her? That she doesn't treat him differently than a regular person.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

This couple just might have some big news for us in the new year. We just have to wait and see.

A.W. TOZER
Closed Thread