The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 06:04 PM
Courtier

Ugh they look so good together. They just fit, and are happy and natural and attractive. For two high profile people that became a couple, they look so relatable.

Funny thing is, I've never given much thought to Prince Harry or his lovelife. I know Meghan from Suits as Rachel and just absolutely hated her character and portrayal. Also I confess to one of those people who only warm up to royal gfs when they become wives so it's been a nice surprise seeing the two together and getting caught up in the excitement of their romance. There's just something relatable and charismatic about them. It helps that it's been great seeing Harry mature in his work and with that, emotionally, which is reflected in his choice of partner from fun-loving socialites to a self-made woman with substance. Totally rooting for these two. <3

Old 09-25-2017, 06:05 PM
Nobility

They look really good together, beaming, happy, in love. It's great to see. I'm thinking we will get much more pictures too. I love the pda, and they're really relaxed together.

Old 09-25-2017, 06:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I don't think that look (ripped jeans) is really fashionable any longer.

It was a few years ago, but now I think it's in the same category as pashminas. Sure, there's people who still wear it, but I don't think it could be considered trendy, because the trend-setters have moved on.
They are not all the rage anymore. Although, I don't know if any specific type of jeans are these days. It's wearable, and not considered inappropriate by any normal person's perspective. I just realized I've gone way deep in talking about jeans.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:19 PM
Nobility

I liked what Meghan wore, and she seemed perfectly comfortable with what she wore, it suited the event. Lot of reports on how at ease both Meghan and Harry were, both seemed relaxed and natural. That's the main thing for me.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:21 PM
Aristocracy

One, I don't think Kate's pregnancy should be taken into account re Harry's wedding plans.
Two, Meghan's jeans aren't skin tight.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
They are not all the rage anymore. Although, I don't know if any specific type of jeans are these days. It's wearable, and not considered inappropriate by any normal person's perspective. I just realized I've gone way deep in talking about jeans.
I personally have never loved ripped jeans, but they do still seem to be firmly in style. Skin-tight skinnies are on the way out (can someone tell the Duchess of Cambridge) but frayed fabric and holes are still very much a fashion.

(from last month) Celebrities Ripped Jeans Fashion 2017 (Glamour.com UK) | Glamour UK
(from May) Are Ripped Jeans Still Cool In 2017? – The Fashion Tag Blog
etc.

Looking at the photos on those pages, I'm struck by how restrained Meghan's are in comparison. The standard seems to be either matching knee holes or a whole bunch of little ones, possibly one monster hole that's positively gaping, multiple extra little places where the fabric is fraying... She's got one moderate-sized hole and rough hems.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:27 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think Meghan could wear a potato sack and make it look good. She doesn't seem to be a clothes horse but always dresses appropriately for wherever she is. She is happy and healthy and obviously very much in love with her man.

But what do I know. I'm an older lady sitting here in a heavy fleece onesie with penguin feet. Go figure.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:28 PM
Aristocracy

I'll bite. Will she sit with Harry at the closing of the Games?
Old 09-25-2017, 06:37 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Most likely not. If she attends it will be the same as the opening ceremony, I bet. Those important to the Games will be seated together as at the opening. There's a certain protocol involved here.

Meghan and Harry are out and about as spectators together at the games and to me, that's enough to show the world that they're a couple.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
One, I don't think Kate's pregnancy should be taken into account re Harry's wedding plans.
If I was planning a wedding (done that) and my sister in law were pregnant, I would surely take her due date into account. It just means that there's a few weeks around the due date when I wouldn't chose a wedding date. No big deal this early on - they aren't even (officially) engaged yet.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
I'll bite. Will she sit with Harry at the closing of the Games?
Not if it's a more formal event like the opening ceremony.

LaRae
Old 09-25-2017, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator

Please note that several posts have been deleted as they were off-topic. This thread is not about the Duchess of Cambridge's fashion nor a place to speculate upon her view of other women.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Meghan’s trousers are skin tight. DM has a couple of unflattering photos.

I look forward to Meghan having a dedicated fashion thread.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytick View Post
I personally have never loved ripped jeans, but they do still seem to be firmly in style. Skin-tight skinnies are on the way out (can someone tell the Duchess of Cambridge) but frayed fabric and holes are still very much a fashion.

(from last month) Celebrities Ripped Jeans Fashion 2017 (Glamour.com UK) | Glamour UK
(from May) Are Ripped Jeans Still Cool In 2017? – The Fashion Tag Blog
etc.

Looking at the photos on those pages, I'm struck by how restrained Meghan's are in comparison. The standard seems to be either matching knee holes or a whole bunch of little ones, possibly one monster hole that's positively gaping, multiple extra little places where the fabric is fraying... She's got one moderate-sized hole and rough hems.
Skinny jeans are a staple. They're never going to be out of style, just like a sweater will never be out of style.

I think she looks nice. Meghan dresses minimalistic and in clean lines. She prefers a classic style, but more on the trendy side.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent

While I've already said not a fan of ripped jeans...I think she looks fine. She's more dressed up than Harry is. She looks nice..appropriate for the event.

LaRae
Old 09-25-2017, 07:21 PM
Nobility

Meghan Ripped Jeans??

She looks great in them! Very tasteful and stylish and very today!

Those who don't like it? So what! For some of you it doesn't ever matter what Meghan does or wears, etc you'll always find something wrong with it and something negative to say.

She looks great and THEY LOOK GREAT TOGETHER!!
Old 09-25-2017, 07:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Just woke up, Oz time it's 7am. I can't say how delighted I am to see Meghan and Harry together, happy and in love. Beaming, both of them. It's absolutely lovely to see!
I share your feelings one hundred per cent !!!!! An official announcement is near I really hope !
Old 09-25-2017, 07:45 PM
Majesty

Meghan is not a member of the royal family. She is not attending an event representing the queen. So it really matters to no one but her and Harry, if her pants are practically painted on. Now if she chooses to wear ripped jeggings when she is duchess x, and representing the queen at an event, then there is reason to complain. Right now she is a private citizen representing no one.

Great to see the photos. They seem to be having a great time

Majesty magazine is having a hay day monitoring their facebook. I guess they have been inundated with racist comments left and right. Even the non racist ones are over the top.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
If I was planning a wedding (done that) and my sister in law were pregnant, I would surely take her due date into account. It just means that there's a few weeks around the due date when I wouldn't chose a wedding date. No big deal this early on - they aren't even (officially) engaged yet.
This would probably make me a bad in-law but my sister in law's due date would not be my priority.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I don't think that look (ripped jeans) is really fashionable any longer.

It was a few years ago, but now I think it's in the same category as pashminas. Sure, there's people who still wear it, but I don't think it could be considered trendy, because the trend-setters have moved on.
The artfully ripped jeans are still a big trend- half or more of the jeans for sale are that design. Maybe those who are on the cutting edge of fashion find it passé but the rest of the world doesn't.

Closed Thread