The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1321  
Old 09-24-2017, 01:10 PM
hel hel is online now
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Kitchener, Canada
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
It's quite something that the Scotland Yard ushered Meghan in the arena, stayed near her at all times and ushered her out.
To be fair, no-one saw her enter. An AP journo happened to bring binoculars and spotted her at 8:15, but she'd been there for at least 8 minutes, since the first tweeted picture that included her was at 8:07.

The first photo that includes a protection officer was at 8:22, and the Royal Central journo claims that he was only there once it got out on Twitter.

So it's unclear that they escorted her in or that they were there from the moment she entered.

OTOH, with only 7 minutes from the first twitter spotting to the first photographic evidence of a protection officer, I'm not sure that the RC reporter is correct.

The AP journo who first spotted her mentioned that the RPO stepped in to prevent at least one fan from taking her picture. (https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.079005394657)
__________________

  #1322  
Old 09-24-2017, 01:21 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
To be fair, no-one saw her enter. An AP journo happened to bring binoculars and spotted her at 8:15, but she'd been there for at least 8 minutes, since the first tweeted picture that included her was at 8:07.

The first photo that includes a protection officer was at 8:22, and the Royal Central journo claims that he was only there once it got out on Twitter.

So it's unclear that they escorted her in or that they were there from the moment she entered.

OTOH, with only 7 minutes from the first twitter spotting to the first photographic evidence of a protection officer, I'm not sure that the RC reporter is correct.

The AP journo who first spotted her mentioned that the RPO stepped in to prevent at least one fan from taking her picture. (https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.079005394657)
That is correct. In the initial photo Patricia Treble tweeted, the RPO was not there. However, I don't know if the RPO are watching twitter that carefully and can switch station that easily to go to Meghan. Regardless, she did have those three other security guards with her at that time.

It's also likely that the RPO might have been told to stay back until she is identified to prevent attention being drawn to her simply because the RPO was there.
__________________

  #1323  
Old 09-24-2017, 01:22 PM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 470
Looks like Meghan will establish her own royal style and not copy the other royal ladies if the engagement happens.
  #1324  
Old 09-24-2017, 02:20 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington DC, United States
Posts: 358
Harry surprised meghan on suits set

From what I gathered Meghan did not know Harry was coming to the Suits set. He totally surprised her. That is too cute!

Prince Harry visits Meghan Markle on the set of Suits
  #1325  
Old 09-24-2017, 02:39 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,412
As far as personal protection, I think it was reported back when the news had broken that Meghan and Harry were a couple, that she had her own personal security beefed up. I'm not remembering if it was provided by Suits or if she hired them herself.

A lot of people have their own security paid for independently (Bea and Eugenie come to mind. Paid for by Daddy). Its very possible that Meghan's security and Harry's RPOs work together in tandem when they're together as a couple. Entrances and exits from the ceremony probably were very well planned out before the event even started.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #1326  
Old 09-24-2017, 03:02 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
As far as personal protection, I think it was reported back when the news had broken that Meghan and Harry were a couple, that she had her own personal security beefed up. I'm not remembering if it was provided by Suits or if she hired them herself.

A lot of people have their own security paid for independently (Bea and Eugenie come to mind. Paid for by Daddy). Its very possible that Meghan's security and Harry's RPOs work together in tandem when they're together as a couple. Entrances and exits from the ceremony probably were very well planned out before the event even started.
Studio pays for a driver and security detail when she's working. It was reported when the press mayhem occurred late last year that Harry offered to pay for private security to be with her at all times. However, she declined. We've seen pictures of her with security when photos of her on set emerged. The reason that RPO was mentioned was because the press pack recognized him as one of Harry's RPO. And he did have his ear piece in unlike the other security guards with her. The other three are probably part of the security for the event rather than her personal security guards.
  #1327  
Old 09-24-2017, 03:04 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
Probably how Lainey knew he's been in Toronto since Tuesday.
  #1328  
Old 09-24-2017, 03:05 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 3,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Studio pays for a driver and security detail when she's working. It was reported when the press mayhem occurred late last year that Harry offered to pay for private security to be with her at all times. However, she declined. We've seen pictures of her with security when photos of her on set emerged. The reason that RPO was mentioned was because the press pack recognized him as one of Harry's RPO. And he did have his ear piece in unlike the other security guards with her. The other three are probably part of the security for the event rather than her personal security guards.
Wow, I didn't know that. That's a big offer. He never offered that to Chelsey or Cressida, did he? Anyone know?
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #1329  
Old 09-24-2017, 03:17 PM
Empress Merel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 1,976
Meghan wore a great outfit at the Invictus Games. Good color scheme.
  #1330  
Old 09-24-2017, 03:22 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Wow, I didn't know that. That's a big offer. He never offered that to Chelsey or Cressida, did he? Anyone know?
Part of the problem was that paparazzi was breaking into her home. She also has a much higher profile than Chelsey and Cressida had on their own. Media reaction to this relationship has been different. With Chelsey and Cressida, it was just a matter of knowing who they are and speculating on when they'll get married nonstop. With Meghan, the press went wild over the fact that the Prince is dating an American divorcee whose mother happens to be black. And then there is also the social media crazies, which wasn't around as much in the Chelsey days. All three have been abused by trolls for simply dating Harry, but with Meghan, there is an additional security concern element.
  #1331  
Old 09-24-2017, 03:22 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Meghan wore a great outfit at the Invictus Games. Good color scheme.

I would of liked to see better pics of her clothes..but what I could see I really liked. Great color and style of dress. The jacket kinda got in the way for me.


LaRae
  #1332  
Old 09-24-2017, 03:27 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 3,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Part of the problem was that paparazzi was breaking into her home. She also has a much higher profile than Chelsey and Cressida had on their own. Media reaction to this relationship has been different. With Chelsey and Cressida, it was just a matter of knowing who they are and speculating on when they'll get married nonstop. With Meghan, the press went wild over the fact that the Prince is dating an American divorcee whose mother happens to be black. And then there is also the social media crazies, which was around as much in the Chelsey days. All three have been abused by trolls for simply dating Harry, but with Meghan, there is an additional security concern element.
Thank you, jacqui.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #1333  
Old 09-24-2017, 03:27 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 3,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I would of liked to see better pics of her clothes..but what I could see I really liked. Great color and style of dress. The jacket kinda got in the way for me. LaRae
But given the dress, one can see why she wore the jacket. She seems to favor jackets thrown over her shoulders (to go by the two instances I have seen her do such).
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #1334  
Old 09-24-2017, 03:31 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: central valley, United States
Posts: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
Very interesting.
First, the visit happened earlier this week, confirming what we've suspected, that Harry arrived in Toronto early and was spending time with Meghan before the IG start.
Second, Meghan's co-workers are remarkably discreet as no news of Harry's visit to the Suit's set leaked out until after her public appearance at the opening.
Third, this starts to look like a planned series of events, her Vogue article, were she confirms their status, followed shortly after by her appearance at IG (much like Catherine at the Diana concert seated near but not with William all those years ago.) My guess is that the news of the set visit was intentionally leaked after the IG opening to show Harry's support of Meghan & commitment to the relationship.
I do wonder (just idle curiosity) where they are staying, though, as the paparazzi have staked out Meghan's house in the past and I assume have done so this time as well. And every time she's in London or Africa or where ever I wonder who takes care of her dogs in Canada?
  #1335  
Old 09-24-2017, 03:33 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,588
She may hire a dog sitter, take them to a 'dog hotel' or a friend keeps them.

We know M&H have stayed at her place before...but maybe they have a bolthole in Canada when they want to avoid media spotting.


LaRae
  #1336  
Old 09-24-2017, 03:52 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Very interesting.
First, the visit happened earlier this week, confirming what we've suspected, that Harry arrived in Toronto early and was spending time with Meghan before the IG start.
Second, Meghan's co-workers are remarkably discreet as no news of Harry's visit to the Suit's set leaked out until after her public appearance at the opening.
Third, this starts to look like a planned series of events, her Vogue article, were she confirms their status, followed shortly after by her appearance at IG (much like Catherine at the Diana concert seated near but not with William all those years ago.) My guess is that the news of the set visit was intentionally leaked after the IG opening to show Harry's support of Meghan & commitment to the relationship.
I do wonder (just idle curiosity) where they are staying, though, as the paparazzi have staked out Meghan's house in the past and I assume have done so this time as well. And every time she's in London or Africa or where ever I wonder who takes care of her dogs in Canada?
It's not just the cast that stayed discreet, but the crew as well. This reminds me of an article I read not that long ago that was talking about the possibility of them attending IG, but delved in deeper to do an analysis. One particular thing that came out at me is that an industry insider was saying she was so well liked that people simply won't talk about her to protect her privacy.
  #1337  
Old 09-24-2017, 04:02 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: central valley, United States
Posts: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
It's not just the cast that stayed discreet, but the crew as well. This reminds me of an article I read not that long ago that was talking about the possibility of them attending IG, but delved in deeper to do an analysis. One particular thing that came out at me is that an industry insider was saying she was so well liked that people simply won't talk about her to protect her privacy.
Thank you - I think I meant cast and crew, but am not well versed in the correct terminology about what people on sets are called. I know if some one famous showed up at my workplace somebody (clerical, colleague, whomever) would leak the news.
  #1338  
Old 09-24-2017, 04:13 PM
duchessrachel's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, United States
Posts: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I would of liked to see better pics of her clothes..but what I could see I really liked. Great color and style of dress. The jacket kinda got in the way for me.


LaRae
I loved her outfit too.
  #1339  
Old 09-24-2017, 04:18 PM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 470
I think there was an article some months ago that the bosses told the staff and crew if they blab to the press about M & H they were fired.
  #1340  
Old 09-24-2017, 05:06 PM
Empress Merel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 1,976
I'm sure they respect her, but most of them also want to have a job. I doubt it's that deep.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 19 (2 members and 17 guests)
TeeTee20, two*firecrackers
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Harry and Meghan: The Love Story" eya Royal Library 30 10-28-2017 02:39 AM




Popular Tags
best outfit birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill countess of snowdon crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events denmark earl of snowdon fascism fashion poll general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta margarita infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín juan urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein monarchy news nobel 2017 picture of the week prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince nicholas prince oscar prince philip princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queenmother queen rania queen rania in australia queen silvia state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family united kingdom victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:14 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises