The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 11:31 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't know...I would think she would be there yes...but if she's not there could be conflicts with her filming schedule or maybe they decided to try and avoid more media that the 2 of them together would draw out.

We'll see if the VF article was prepping us for them to start being at the same events together.

LaRae

Old 09-13-2017, 11:36 PM
Commoner

Whenever they do appear together it will be a big event so they shouldn't break their heads over it and just get the appearance out of the way!

Old 09-13-2017, 11:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes it'll have to happen and of course they know it....but you can tell they are for sure going to do things their way and not be pushed into it.

LaRae
Old 09-13-2017, 11:50 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbigail View Post
Exactly.

I also find the idea of her being a "brash American" to be an exaggeration. Meghan is hardly as brash or outspoken (at least in a controversial way) as some suggest. From what I have seen, she can easily adapt to her surroundings, which is one the reasons I don't think she will have a difficult time adjusting to royal life.
I agree. And Meghan certainly has a number of British friends, as well as business-related interests in London that pre-date her relationship with Prince Harry.

For the past 7 years, Meghan has adjusted swimmingly to the cultural life in an English-speaking city different from her hometown of L.A. She surely won't have much trouble adjusting to British culture or to a royal lifestyle, especially not with her entertainment industry background, U.N. experience, international diplomacy training, and her friendships with high profile movers-and-shakers in Toronto, which pre-dates (albeit is likely partly connected with) her eventually meeting Prince Harry.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:03 AM
Aristocracy

I read an article a few days ago that quoted a royal source as saying it would be strange if Harry traveled to the city where Meghan lives and wasn't seen with her. I share that opinion and think we will see them together, be it at the Games or just around the city somewhere before or after the event.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:21 AM
Heir Apparent

I do think they will see each other almost daily outside the games ...perhaps out around town (although from what we know people leave them alone and no one really has pics of their outings) ...at least 1 appearance together at the games. I will be disappointed if not.

LaRae
Old 09-14-2017, 02:16 AM
Commoner

It would be great if they do step out together .
Even when she's in London she's not spotted often . I mean there are Photogs around KP yet no pics at all!!
I'm sure Harry n Meghan do step out together when in London ... either the paps are taking it easy or Harry n team r very careful .
Old 09-14-2017, 05:07 AM
Serene Highness

I fully agree with a poster above. Let them live together first for a year. That is the way to really get to know each other and their quirks and habbits. A few weeks here and there when you are still head over heels will not do the trick.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:32 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
I fully agree with a poster above. Let them live together first for a year. That is the way to really get to know each other and their quirks and habbits. A few weeks here and there when you are still head over heels will not do the trick.
I don't think living together is necessary. Commitment to your spouse and marriage is essential.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:34 AM
Serene Highness

True, but you are only able to really commit yourself if you know what your marriage and life together will be like.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:43 AM
Nobility

Quote:
True, but you are only able to really commit yourself if you know what your marriage and life together will be like.
Meghan's life as a Royal Duchess would be nothing like her life as a live in girlfriend. There is no way for her to experience that prior to marriage.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:43 AM
Serene Highness

But living day-to-day with Harry will.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:54 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Meghan's life as a Royal Duchess would be nothing like her life as a live in girlfriend. There is no way for her to experience that prior to marriage.
The experience she would gain by living together prior to marriage is who's Duchess she is going to be. Would you expect Meghan to commit to someone she doesn't know through and through, especially considering all that comes with it?

Quote:
But living day-to-day with Harry will.
Exactly. By living together they can get to know each other further and thoroughly. That lays the foundation for a life together. There are just some things you can only learn about your partner when you live in the same house.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator

Please note that the last few pages of this thread have been tidied up, with a number of posts deleted or edited:

Back and forth arguments between individual members have been removed. If people wish to conduct a private conversation to argue specific points, they may do so by private message - it is disruptive and boring for other members to read such discussions.

Other posts have been edited to remove broken links or links to YouTube videos that only contain chat-show discussions. Such videos are readily available on the YouTube channel or similar channels if anyone is interested. However, for the purpose of what is primarily a discussion forum, such videos should not be posted here.

Members should be mindful of quality and content when posting links and should avoid posting links to articles that contain rumour, gossip and speculation. This thread is to discuss Harry and Meghan's relationship, not to debate whether a magazine article is true or not.

Finally let's not bring the circumstances behind divorces in the Royal Family into the discussion - such posts have been deleted too.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:00 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
The experience she would gain by living together prior to marriage is who's Duchess she is going to be. Would you expect Meghan to commit to someone she doesn't know through and through, especially considering all that comes with it?

Exactly. By living together they can get to know each other further and thoroughly. That lays the foundation for a life together. There are just some things you can only learn about your partner when you live in the same house.
Plenty of people get married and stay married without having lived together first. In fact studies have shown that assertion to be untrue. Success in marriages has a lot more relationship to age/maturity and income levels than cohabitation.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:04 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Plenty of people get married and stay married without having lived together first. In fact studies have shown that assertion to be untrue. Success in marriages has a lot more relationship to age/maturity and income levels than cohabitation.
I'm sure there are plenty of people who get married and stay so without having lived together first. I am just speaking from my own experience and what my preference is/what I believe. I wouldn't want to get married without having lived together first.

And yes, I do agree that age and maturity also play a big role in the success of a marriage. Calendar age and emotional/mental age and the maturity that comes with it, for example.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
True.
It might be considered dated today, but some conservative families would never accept living together without marriage.

Believe me, I know!
Old 09-14-2017, 08:32 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Morgantic marriage is absurd, even just based on the fact that the concept doesn't exist in the UK. Morgantic marriages are not a concept ever adopted in any part of the United kingdom. They would actually have to introduce a new legal principal, to be able to use it for the couple.

As for the notion I have noticed a few people mention of William's wedding being toned down to a semi-state occasion for monetary reasons.....this is untrue. William's wedding was never going to be a state occasion. The only way it would have been is if his father had been king when he married. Only the wedding of a sovereign or their heir is a state occasion. William was neither when he married.

There is no way the wedding will not be televised and given attention. But it is natural it will be a smaller scale. And Harry and Meghan may very well appreciate the freedom to choose a location besides London. William knew it was expected. Harry and Meghan could marry at St George's or they could marry at one of the other royal estates. It really is up to them.

Edward VIII was not the only BRF to marry outside the church. He was simply the only one whose First wedding was outside the church. Charles and Camilla of course were not. I don't see Harry following in the steps of Edward. Nor are he and Meghan remotely comparable to Charles. Harry was not involved in the end of Meghan's marriage. Nor is he the future head of the church of England. Both reasons why Charles didn't marry in the church. For the future head of the church to remarry the woman he had an adulterous affair with, in the church, would not have been accepted by most. Meghan may be divorced but Harry was not part.
Thank you Countessmeout.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:38 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
True.
It might be considered dated today, but some conservative families would never accept living together without marriage.

Believe me, I know!
Oh yes, I know that as well. Then it's up to the involved persons themselves. Is it their life or their family's and/or are they willing to walk their own path, even if they have to depart from their family's point of view... It often involves the religious aspect as well, but that is a totally different discussion.

I am 'afraid' that my thinking is too modern for the likes of those and I can be quite outspoken about things I believe in. But I'm not alone in that
Old 09-14-2017, 09:31 AM
Gentry

Three random thoughts re: potential Harry/Meghan wedding...

1. If there is a Dukedom given, would they be Duke Henry & Duchess Rachel (given names)?

2. Totally want to see little Mia in the wedding party. She cracks me up, and every picture of her make me smile.

3. I bet their post-ceremony party would be epic.

Closed Thread