The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-12-2017, 12:16 PM
Nobility

It'll be interesting to see what event they'll attend together first. There'll always be people who'll say it wasn't appropriate for some reason, but I'm thinking Harry will decide well, and they'll do the most not to take away from the event.

Old 09-12-2017, 12:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry Meghan Markle wedding: Could THESE girls could be Suits star's bridesmaids?

Yes to everyone but Princess Charlotte

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...bridesmaid/amp

Old 09-12-2017, 12:53 PM
Heir Apparent

The Express will get down to more serious choices after the engagement announcement.

As everybody knows, Royal weddings generally feature small pages and bridesmaids. George and Charlotte will almost certainly be picked. Harry is close to them.
Meghan has friends with small children and Harry has two godsons, one of them Tiggy's son who may be a bit old now, and Mark Dyer's elder son, who may be a page.

Who knows, Eugenie, who is close to her cousin, may be an older bridesmaid, keeping the littlies in tow.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:20 PM
Aristocracy

If Meghan were to have one or more of her famous friends as a bridesmaid, then please no to Priyanka. I'm sorry but I'm not a fan and I especially dislike how she feels free offering her opinion on things involving Meghan to the press. (I very much doubt Meghan asks her to speak on her behalf. )
Old 09-12-2017, 01:27 PM
Gentry

I recently went to a wedding where the bride had 15 bridesmaids! I personally don't understand it myself but each to their own!

I don't think Meghan will have an array of bridesmaids. Most of her friends are married & have kids of their own. She'll probably just have the one, with a bunch of flower girls & page boys. Meghan also has godchildren who I'm sure she'll want to involve.

I also seriously doubt that Meghan's unhinged half sister will be asked to be a bridesmaid. This is the woman who has berated her sister to the media & is threatening to write a tell all book. I'm willing to bet she won't even be invited to the wedding or allowed anywhere near the church! Her bridges are well & truly burnt.
Old 09-12-2017, 02:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
The Express will get down to more serious choices after the engagement announcement.

As everybody knows, Royal weddings generally feature small pages and bridesmaids. George and Charlotte will almost certainly be picked. Harry is close to them.
Meghan has friends with small children and Harry has two godsons, one of them Tiggy's son who may be a bit old now, and Mark Dyer's elder son, who may be a page.

Who knows, Eugenie, who is close to her cousin, may be an older bridesmaid, keeping the littlies in tow.
I agree that it will likely be smaller children, and a mix of their friends' kids.

Other than George or Charlotte and Harry's godsons, possibilities include the Mulroney kids and Laura Lopes' or Tom Parker-Bowles' kids. I think there are some additional children around the glossy posse set. Mia Tindale would make an adorable bridesmaid and I wouldn't be surprised to see her asked given how much Harry seems to enjoy Zara and Mike's company.

I don't think we'd see the Trudeau kids (politics would be awkward there) or her castmates' kids.
Old 09-12-2017, 02:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
I agree that it will likely be smaller children, and a mix of their friends' kids.

Other than George or Charlotte and Harry's godsons, possibilities include the Mulroney kids and Laura Lopes' or Tom Parker-Bowles' kids. I think there are some additional children around the glossy posse set. Mia Tindale would make an adorable bridesmaid and I wouldn't be surprised to see her asked given how much Harry seems to enjoy Zara and Mike's company.

I don't think we'd see the Trudeau kids (politics would be awkward there) or her castmates' kids.

The daughters of Peter and Autumn Phillips are also a possibility. They have lots of good options
Old 09-12-2017, 03:14 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesslily View Post
Meghan has put herself out there. There is so much about her known to the public. She is an outspoken ambitious woman who wanted to be famous. Don't deny that. That's all part of wanting to be an actress on screen otherwise she would have chosen theatre.
This is a point that I seriously disagree with where Meghan is concerned. I will not deny that there are multitudes of people out there that have stars in their eyes and dream of fame and fortune while they hop on a bus to Los Angeles and Hollywood hoping to be "discovered" and flash across celebrity pages like a newly found mega comet in the sky. Its a pipe dream and with so many people dreaming the same dream, very few ever succeed.

Meghan, however, does not fall into this category. She grew up around a TV series set. She may have found at an early age to have a talent for acting and that spurred her onto doing what it takes to be good at it. She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in the theater from Northwestern University along with a BA in International Relations. The double whammy of degrees tells that this person did not put all her eggs in one basket on a pipe dream of being famous.

Another good example of this would be the very popular and very successful TV actress Mayim Bialik that plays Amy Farrah Fowler in The Big Bang Theory. She was successful at a young age playing Blossom in a TV series but between Blossom and The Big Bang Theory, she earned her Ph.D in neuroscience from UCLA, although she also had been accepted at both Harvard and Yale but wanted to remain close to home and family.

Prince Charles, himself, is president or patron of over 20 performing arts organizations. I hardly think that he would actively support something where the organizations were filled with those seeking egotistical self gratification and fame.

So, this blows your theory out of the water as to Meghan just out seeking attention and fame and fortune. Some *do* have that as a motivating factor for the stage and screen but the ones that do the hard work and have made it a profession aren't.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

What about Lady Louise Windsor ? She could manage the little ones
Lots of choices for bridesmaids
Old 09-12-2017, 08:17 PM
Majesty

I would think like Kate, Meghan would choose her own senior bridesmaid, someone in her own life. Harrys young teenage cousin seems unlikely. They aren't simply wrangling the kids, they are maid of honor in other terms, usually a position reserved for sister or best friend of Bride.

Now the page boys and bridesmaids will like the Cambridge wedding likely be a mix, and not shocking if heavily on Harry side.

Bridesmaids

Isabel Mulroney (will be 5 next year)
Princess Charlotte
Mia Tindall
Lola Parker Bowles
Isabella Hutt (granddaughter of Sarah Spencer)

Page boys
Prince George
John and Brian Mulroney
Possibly one of the Van Cutsem grandsons
Old 09-12-2017, 09:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I would think like Kate, Meghan would choose her own senior bridesmaid, someone in her own life. Harrys young teenage cousin seems unlikely. They aren't simply wrangling the kids, they are maid of honor in other terms, usually a position reserved for sister or best friend of Bride.

Now the page boys and bridesmaids will like the Cambridge wedding likely be a mix, and not shocking if heavily on Harry side.

Bridesmaids

Isabel Mulroney (will be 5 next year)
Princess Charlotte
Mia Tindall
Lola Parker Bowles
Isabella Hutt (granddaughter of Sarah Spencer)

Page boys
Prince George
John and Brian Mulroney
Possibly one of the Van Cutsem grandsons
Meghan does also have two goddaughters, they would probably be included rather than Lola Parker Bowles or Isabella Hutt.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:02 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Meghan does also have two goddaughters, they would probably be included rather than Lola Parker Bowles or Isabella Hutt.
I didn't mean all of them. Simply some possibilities. Kates wedding party was heavy with Williams side. Not shocked if same happened here. But yes one or both goddaughters, and Isabella Mulroney are high on my list for possible.

I don't think one of Camillas grandkids or a Spencer cousin is out. Harry doesn't have a lot of friends with kids yet.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
... Harry will be a working royal and so will his wife and probably their children. So It will be a big wedding - if there isn't a feeling that the public wont go for a big ceremony.
I suppose, depending upon what's going on at the time. I feel that they are likely already engaged, and that planning or at least preliminary logistical discussion is going on to an extent, particularly since the royal schedules are arranged a couple of years in advance.

Meghan and Prince Harry will surely take everything into consideration but try to make their wedding about the two of them and their preferences as much as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
...I'm personally holding out for St. George's Chapel at Windsor myself. It just seems to "fit" Harry and Meghan's personalities as I see them than a more formal Westminster Abbey wedding.
What is the seating capacity of St. George's Chapel? I see that WA is about 2,000 and St. Paul's Cathedral is 3,500. I agree that in the interest of cutting down on elaborate costs, and just probably for their personal preferences, H&M will wish to have a relatively small wedding along the lines of W&K. It therefore seems to me that H&M will choose WA and probably do the BP balcony appearance. Why not?

What is it aside from the more controlled security aspect do you see that makes St. George's a better fit for H&M's personalities? So, you believe there won't be a balcony appearance then if you feel they will choose St. George's for a more low key wedding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Oh, I hope not!
I really think a wedding at St. George's is rather dreary, compared to the Abbey...
What makes St. George's more dreary than WA? Isn't WA rather dark inside and more gothic in appearance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
... a big London wedding at the Abbey would definitely have more impact on tourism than would a more low-key affair at St. George's. It would probably mean a difference of millions for the economy!
St. Paul's is such a beautiful venue. I kinda wish W&K had been able to marry there and thus redeem in a way the fairytale to disaster arc of C&D, rewriting the former spectacle with a truer and deeply meaningful love match. But it is what it is. Kate seems so practical and slightly conservative too in her style and outlook. Her dress suited her, but the deep V of the neckline was proportionally too deep. I still thought she looked great. Perhaps she had lost a bit of weight too after initial fittings of her dress. Some people feel that Kate should have worn her hair up instead of down.

It will definitely be interesting to see Meghan's dress, hairstyling, veil and bouquet choices.

Anyway, I suppose St. Paul's is out for H&M since it's a bigger venue and Harry is the second son, thus he will not have a larger wedding than his older brother. However, this will be the last royal wedding for at least two and a half decades or more.

I've seen speculation too about who will be invited to an H&M wedding. W&K were allowed by the Queen to make their own choices re guest list, and they chose to forego inviting most heads of state. They stuck more with representatives of the Commonwealth, a few fellow European royals, along with mainly friends and family. President & Mrs. Obama were not invited, although later suggestions about security concerns were made by the WH. More likely, W&K did not want to make an exception to their decision not to be too formal in inviting many heads of state (plus they hadn't yet met the Obamas at that point).

The Queen sent out an invitation to President and First Lady Obama to visit Britain in May 2011 (a month later) for a state visit. The Obamas had already met the Queen and DoE in April 2009. The Obamas also later met and made friends with W&K, and they are very good friends of Prince Harry's. For that reason, and because Prez Obama is no longer an official head of state, I think that both Obamas will definitely be invited to an H&M wedding. Otherwise, I expect H&M will keep most heads of state off their list too. I'm sure all of Meghan's Suits cast mates and the producers will be invited, along with her closest and dearest friends.

Still since they know a lot of people, it must be hard to make choices of who to invite beyond those most closest and dearest. I believe Meghan admires and respects Hillary Clinton, though I'm not certain they ever met. It would be cool if Hillary and Madeleine Albright attended. Still it's unlikely since I doubt that either have met Meghan personally (despite being two of her role models).

And such speculation is definitely getting far ahead of things, since an engagement has yet to be announced.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I didn't mean all of them. Simply some possibilities. Kates wedding party was heavy with Williams side. Not shocked if same happened here. But yes one or both goddaughters, and Isabella Mulroney are high on my list for possible.

I don't think one of Camillas grandkids or a Spencer cousin is out. Harry doesn't have a lot of friends with kids yet.
I think he has more friends with kids than we are aware of. He mentioned he has about like 6 godchildren and playing video games in the Mad World interview. Bottom line is I agree those two have A LOT of options with bridesmaids and page boys.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

Here in Australia we have adult bridesmaids and a child or 2 being a flower girl and page boy. In U.K. Flower girls are called bridesmaids? Any US wedding I have seen it seems to be lot of adult bridesmaids. It will be interesting to see which way she will go.
Old 09-13-2017, 01:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Here in Australia we have adult bridesmaids and a child or 2 being a flower girl and page boy. In U.K. Flower girls are called bridesmaids? Any US wedding I have seen it seems to be lot of adult bridesmaids. It will be interesting to see which way she will go.
Yes, that's correct from what I remember reading about William and Kate's wedding. There is no flower girl, they are all bridesmaids. In US we have one maid or matron of honor and the rest are bridesmaids. There are cases where it's just one and they'd be either maid of honor or matron of honor.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:42 AM
Commoner

It would be lovely if Harry too had WA wedding .
As of today Harry would undoubtedly be the most popular member of the royal family . He s got the magic n aura that his mother Diana had with people .

So I'm sure everyone would be looking forward to their fav royals wedding . One thing is for sure wherever Harry's wedding takes place it will be a huge deal in media and public !
It has nothing to do with him not going to be the king he has made for himself .
Old 09-13-2017, 06:15 AM
Majesty

My inner gut feeling says that Harry and Meghan will turn out a disaster. Like his brother William, also Harry loathes the boulevard press for their intrusive behaviour. Didn't he complain about it in his previous relationships with girlfriends?

Engaging and marrying into a Meghan, a sort of celebbie on her own (for the Daily Mail even a contestant in The Great British Bake-Off is a "celebbie" anyway) is completely fading the already blurred line of what is a member of the Royal House and a celebrity figure.

Such an engagement and possibly a marriage will work like a giant magnet on the rats of the boulevard press and they will swarm the couple like a plague, exactly what Harry loathes so much...

I understand that love makes blind, that love knows no borders, but my gut feeling says Harry needs a pretty unspectacular and unknown wife. Some sort of Sophie Rhys-Jones and not a Meghan Markle.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:26 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhea6 View Post
[...] As of today Harry would undoubtedly be the most popular member of the royal family. [...]
Do you have a backing for that statement?
Old 09-13-2017, 06:37 AM
Aristocracy

Yes, because the press will back off and and give him his space if he married someone "unspectacular and unknown"?? Ha.

I think Harry should marry the woman he loves, the woman whom he believes best suits him and the job she has to take on. All signs point to that woman being Meghan.