The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 03:18 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think in looking at past royal weddings, the status of the royals getting married, the financial climate and such is well and good but when it all boils down to planning this royal wedding (if its ever announced that they are engaged), the biggest and most major deciding factor most likely will be none of the above but primarily a focus on security. Security for the royals, security for the invited guest and security for the masses that would gather to watch the pomp and pageantry. Security, to me, has to be the first and foremost consideration when putting all this together.

Too much has happened in the UK recently for it not to be.
You have a point.

Re the upcoming Invictus Games, I really feel it wouldn't be appropriate for MM to put in an appearance as his gf, at least not until an official engagement is announced. Can you imagine the uproar about the extra security costs and what not? The gnashing of teeth would be terrible.

Old 09-11-2017, 03:19 PM
Commoner

PR genius or PR victim, Vanity Fair is now bad magazine, Meghan is a victim of Vanity Fair
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry: Engagement is ‘when not if’ as Palace supports actress | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
"Meghans friend said she only spoke briefly in the interview about Harry but the magazine focused on that even though it was 80 per cent about her career.

It is thought she did not have copy approval before publication and had no control over the headline: Wild About Harry! she is so ridiculous

Old 09-11-2017, 03:25 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Rubbish, drivel, sensationalism or whatever you want to call it.

Negative stuff from a negative press that is always looking for negative things to write about. Not my cup of tea and more importantly, most likely isn't Meghan's either.

Calling someone ridiculous too is uncalled for.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:30 PM
Commoner

there was a lot of negative press about the VF article, she is trying to distance herself from it.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:38 PM
Courtier

Loved reading everyone's different view points.

In fact the Glass Coach could be used for a St George's Chapel Wedding, in any case; travelling down the Long Drive.

I saw the Glass Coach at Windsor Castle, and almost touched the windows; magnificent craftsmanship.

I'm sure Megan could take her pick of any of these!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass_coach
https://www.royalcollection.org.uk/a...-state-coach#/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_State_Coach
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_...7s_State_Coach
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_State_Coach
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamon...ee_State_Coach
Old 09-11-2017, 04:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's obvious that the media and everyone else is (now) more interested in Meghan because of her relationship with Harry.

The media really don't like to shine a spotlight on the royal girlfriends as an individual. Yes, there's more to Meghan than just who's she's dating.

Then again, as I've said before, it's going to take things to become more official for people and media to really get to know her more personally. The focus will be on her charities and the way she conducts engagements.

Priyanka Chopra slams Vanity Fair Meghan Markle article | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-11-2017, 04:18 PM
Majesty

The ITV article that Dman posted states that Harry was well aware of the interview before it was published. Actually Dman's link is a pretty good read I think.

Thanks Dman!
Old 09-11-2017, 04:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The ITV article that Dman posted states that Harry was well aware of the interview before it was published. Actually Dman's link is a pretty good read I think.

Thanks Dman!
I like when we're able to focus on facts and very good reporting.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-11-2017, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
My guess is they will work together on various charities, some of which they already have in common. Of course they only do whatever official engagements requested by the Queen. There's only so much to go around.

Also...Harry/Meghan don't hold the same position as Kate/William.

LaRae
I keep wondering if they may help with the Prince's Trust. Once Charles steps up whether in a Regency or as King there will be a huge void that needs filling. It seems that H&M may fill the bill of managing that Trust and continuing it's work. I think Charles will need to find a worthy successor(s).
Old 09-11-2017, 04:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgtns View Post
I keep wondering if they may help with the Prince's Trust. Once Charles steps up whether in a Regency or as King there will be a huge void that needs filling. It seems that H&M may fill the bill of managing that Trust and continuing it's work. I think Charles will need to find a worthy successor(s).
I wouldn't worry about the Prince's Trust overly much. It may even end up changing its name to the King's Trust for all we know. Charles is an astute businessman that has the best he can find in positions that keep that Trust running very smoothly and efficiently.

I do think that H&M most likely will become very involved even more so with the Royal Foundation that is already in place for W&K&H. That seems the most logical step for me.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Once again, I've had to delete and edit a number of posts. Let's take a look at this rule:
  • Whenever possible, opinions should be based on factual information obtained from reputable sources and should be backed up by references to those sources. The moderators reserve the right to delete posts containing the more fanciful types of gossip and speculation, whether they originate in gossip magazines and websites or are simply fabricated.
And that means both positive and negative opinions about this relationship.

Also, let's cool it with the personal attacks. It's not only against the forum rules, but it disrupts the thread. Use the report button if you feel a post is violating the forum rules.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaika View Post
PR genius or PR victim, Vanity Fair is now bad magazine, Meghan is a victim of Vanity Fair
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry: Engagement is ‘when not if’ as Palace supports actress | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
"Meghans friend said she only spoke briefly in the interview about Harry but the magazine focused on that even though it was 80 per cent about her career.

It is thought she did not have copy approval before publication and had no control over the headline: Wild About Harry! she is so ridiculous
I don't know how that's ridiculous. Most reputable magazines have that rule. VF has generally had that rule. Just ask Gwyneth Paltrow.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
there was a lot of negative press about the VF article, she is trying to distance herself from it.
I really didn't see much negative press after the VF article. I saw a lot of media jumping on the "a wedding is coming" story.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:56 PM

Quote:

"Meghan’s friend said she only spoke briefly in the interview about Harry but the magazine focused on that even though it was “80 per cent about her career”.

It is thought she did not have copy approval before publication and had no control over the headline: “Wild About Harry!” she is so ridiculous

The important thing is what Prince Harry feels about it. I doubt very seriously he is at all upset over the VF interview. VF choosing to focus on her feelings for Prince Harry is typical of the media,just par for the course.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:56 PM
Courtier

When people are speaking about Meghan's genetic background, it is interesting that a DNA test does not show anything about skin color.
Old 09-11-2017, 06:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
I really didn't see much negative press after the VF article. I saw a lot of media jumping on the "a wedding is coming" story.
Yes. There was some negative press, mainly from British tabloids. But overall, I'd say the focus shifted to whether or not this meant an engagement annoucement/royal wedding was next.
Old 09-11-2017, 06:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
well she aint very smart by the sound of it. This article is not going to make people in the UK take to her if they haven't already. Perhaps she did it with Palace approval to introduce herself to the Brtisih world but I think it has if not exactly backfired, not done her that much good. The RF would IMO have been better to stick to the old style "wait till they're engaged and then they can speak to the Press."
Despite apparent disappointment by Meghan and her friends re the content of the article swaying too much to her relationship with Prince Harry, I still think the quotes that were used show what a strong and accomplished person Meghan is. And that she's unfazed by the intensity of the attention and fully capable of taking on all the demands of a high profile life as a British royal. Of course, VF slanted the feature too much toward Harry, but that's also why Meghan's profile has risen so high, and that's why the cover story was coveted in the first place.

From E-online; M&H already celebrated Harry's birthday since they won't be together on the actual day:
http://www.eonline.com/uk/news/87922...-meghan-markle
Old 09-11-2017, 08:53 PM
Nobility

It is important to note that prior to this relationship, Meghan's highest profile interview/pieces are related to her work as a humanitarian and her views on social issues than her as a celebrity.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
It is important to note that prior to this relationship, Meghan's highest profile interview/pieces are related to her work as a humanitarian and her views on social issues than her as a celebrity.
I watched her UN Speech and interview with the legendary Larry King, I was totally blown away by this young lady. You can feel and see the passion for social issues and humanitarian work in her eyes and voice.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-11-2017, 10:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I watched her UN Speech and interview with the legendary Larry King, I was totally blown away by this young lady. You can feel and see the passion for social issues and humanitarian work in her eyes and voice.
She is a wonderful speaker, should they marry I can't wait to see them work together, both are great off the cuff speakers.

Closed Thread