The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-28-2017, 09:23 PM
Heir Apparent

It is a detailed article! Thanks for posting it, hel. What an experience. Apparently they spent time in the bush in a tent (with only the RPOs for company. How romantic!) and then the Victoria Falls and a helicopter ride. About three weeks together this time getting used to each other, (I believe they left for Africa on the 4th of this month) a lovely long break. I do think they have come to an understanding and have been secretly committed for some time. It would be marvellous if there was a formal proposal over the Falls though!

Old 08-29-2017, 11:34 AM
Nobility

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle stay undercover as they arrive in London from Zambia

Old 08-29-2017, 11:34 AM
Nobility

The latest from Lainey Gossip. A friend of hers actually sat across from H&M on their return trip to London on the Heathrow Express!

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle stay undercover as they arrive in London from Zambia

Okay, you beat me to it @Cocoasneeze. We posted at exactly the same time.

Here's People mag's take about the Victoria Falls trip: (just a rehash of other reports)
http://people.com/royals/prince-harr...ictoria-falls/
Old 08-29-2017, 11:51 AM
Nobility

@MaiaMia_53,

Great minds and all that. :) I found that little article really cute.
Old 08-29-2017, 11:58 AM
Heir Apparent

It is cute. And lovely and... That sounds divine! All it needed was someone to whip out their cell phone and surreptitiously take a photo!
Old 08-29-2017, 12:16 PM
Nobility

I think it's rather cool that no one did. Like when they were spotted shopping for a Christmas tree but no one infringed upon their privacy by snapping a picture. It's nice to hear reports of reliable news without intrusion upon their privacy via photos they would not have appreciated being snapped.

H&M might be more forthcoming to share with the public a bit more if the tabloids and hacks/paps would back off.

I also feel it's rather cool how they are conducting their relationship so under the radar (which is necessitated mainly for security reasons and to avoid pap nonsense). But also I think it shows how serious they are about each other; about respecting each other's worth and value and their personal commitment to each other even amidst the madness of them each being rather high profile people. Of course it's Harry's royal status that makes them such a hot property (along with the unique differences in Meghan's background vs Harry's previous girlfriends). But mostly, H&M are simply taking their time to enjoy being with each other (making time for each other amidst their busy schedules) and feeling their way through the personal intimacies and public pitfalls of their bonding while keeping the crazies and the crazy outer world at bay. That's a good thing.

Being royal comes with its huge headaches. But probably Harry is quite happy to be in the princely position of having the clout to squire his lady love around in the height of VVIP luxury and exclusivity. Very impressive. Here's more from an African media outlet:
https://www.themastonline.com/2017/0...leaves-zambia/

Oh sorry, that's the same article @hel already posted.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:27 PM
Majesty

Cute, yes, but also very very smart of them to converse with one another over their cell phones so as not to run the risk of being overheard. Their intimate conversation would have been tabloid headlines before they even disembarked!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 08-29-2017, 12:36 PM
Nobility

Yes, rather cool and smart. This is one savvy pair.

Their cell phones surely must be encrypted, so no more 'Squidygate,' or 'TamponTalk' infringement/ cringing. Not that these two likely engage in gossiping and complaining about others or purple prose about their intimate relationship. Their texting is probably just rather sweet references to their fun African adventure and a bit of affectionate teasing, along with coordinating their upcoming schedules.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:43 PM
Nobility

This is fabulous!! If Meghan shows up to tour this garden with Harry, we can KNOW they are engaged!!! I seriously doubt she will do that. They would not want to overshadow what the visit to the garden is all about.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:49 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Its been frequently shown here in the US that the 100th episode of Suits is to air tomorrow night. I have no clue whether or not Meghan would be back in Toronto for that. I know that sometimes with momentous/meaningful episodes in a series that the cast will participate in a Twitter session or something similar.

I seriously doubt that Meghan will attend the White Garden memorial for Diana. I think they'll wait until an official announcement is made before appearing together at an event.

Then again, I could be totally wrong.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:10 PM
Nobility

There are various H&M romance timelines, many of which were generated after the one year anniversay of their romance circa June/July of this year. Some gossip suggests H&M met in May 2016 in Toronto, but that's unconfirmed. I hope more details of how and when they actually met will eventually be cleared up definitively. Possibly they met in May 2016 but didn't connect again until June 2016 when Meghan was in London to visit Wimbledon as Serena Williams' guest. Then in mid-July 2016, reportedly Harry and Meghan flew to L.A. to visit friends of Harry's (and that's likely when Harry may have first met Meghan's mother). Mid-July 2016 (after the L.A. trip) is when the relationship is said to have first become serious and gained a solid footing. They were apart for most of August 2016, as Meghan was attending a friend's wedding and traveling to Spain with two of her closest friends (Misha Nonoo and Markus Anderson, either of whom may have introduced Harry to Meghan since they were both acquainted with Harry and were close friends of Meghan's before H&M met).

One report I read (which I'm trying to relocate) indicates that Harry took Meghan to Balmoral in September 2016 to attend an annual/traditional hunting party, and that's said to be the occasion where she met Prince Charles for the first time. And then reports about H&M dating began to trickle into mainstream media gossip in October 2016. Then followed the famous November 8, 2016 press release to the media by Prince Harry. The timelines below vary slightly in their coverage, but are typical:

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle: A timeline of their romance - HELLO! US slideshow

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Dating Timeline - Everything to Know About Prince Harry's Girlfriend

When Harry Met Meghan: A Timeline (a cute video with captions)
When Harry met Meghan - A timeline

Actor Elizabeth Hurley certainly champions H&M's romance:

Hurley: "Well you know, I've never met Prince Harry, but I have met Meghan at an NBC charity event, and I thought she was absolutely enchanting. I thought she was the nicest girl. And personally, I'm rooting for a royal wedding. I think it would be fabulous. I would be fully supportive of it. I think [Meghan] is beautiful, glamorous, clever, talented. She'd be a breath of fresh air in the British royal family. I'm for it..." The interviewer goes on to ask Hurley what advice she would offer Meghan. And Hurley demurs with the declaration that she doesn't think Meghan needs any advice because "she's been famous for a long time ... she's on a hot television show, and she seems to be happy and in a good place in her career..."

Hurley admits she only met Meghan once, and I think Hurley took the question to mean 'career advice.' Obviously, Hurley is not in a position to offer advice to Meghan about managing the royal obstacle course. Meghan is being advised and prepped in that capacity by Harry's mentors and staffers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Its been frequently shown here in the US that the 100th episode of Suits is to air tomorrow night. I have no clue whether or not Meghan would be back in Toronto for that. I know that sometimes with momentous/meaningful episodes in a series that the cast will participate in a Twitter session or something similar.

I seriously doubt that Meghan will attend the White Garden memorial for Diana. I think they'll wait until an official announcement is made before appearing together at an event.

You're probably right. I would agree that Meghan is unlikely to attend the White Garden memorial for Diana. Meghan will undoubtedly not be appearing at any official or semi-official public events with Harry until after an engagement announcement.

Most likely, Meghan will be at the Invictus games but will probably not be strictly at Harry's side at that event. I am also thinking an engagement might not be announced until early December after season 7 of Suits wraps in November. It's also possible H&M will continue to take things slowly, and not announce anything until early next year, perhaps around Valentine's Day.

I'm also thinking they may wish to have all the wedding plans and logistics sorted out and fully arranged before announcing an engagement (with a wedding date closely following) in order to limit the public and paps/tabloid-driven feeding frenzy in the lead-up to their royal wedding.

Old 08-29-2017, 01:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

All main Suits cast and crew are on summer break until approximately mid-September. The official Suits USA Twitter site has been promoting the 100th episode.
https://mobile.twitter.com/Suits_USA...31309402066947

I wonder if the memorial garden for Diana is considered a public or private event? The press and charities will be there but because it takes place at KP does that make it public?
Old 08-29-2017, 01:53 PM
Nobility

The ceremony is family-oriented, but also formal and at least semi-public because Diana's former charities will be represented. And if the press is reporting on it, then it's definitely a public and formal event.

Since Meghan is not engaged to Prince Harry, I doubt that she will be present (even if she might still be at KP, in Harry's NottCott residence). I would bet that Harry would prefer to share his more personal emotions surrounding this occasion in private with Meghan, directly after the ceremony.

Harry's birthday is on September 15. I wonder if Harry will be free to be with Meghan in Toronto on that date (if she has to be back in Toronto by then for final filming)?
Old 08-29-2017, 02:00 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think it will be somewhat of a public event but perhaps not in the White Garden where William and Harry will be attending a reception to celebrate their mother's charity work. I would imagine this is a private by invitation only reception. However, there are rumors afloat that the princes may do a walkabout around the area that has been prepared for people to come and leave their tributes to Diana.

"Although they have not confirmed a walkabout at the makeshift Kensington Palace gate memorial, they will attend a reception on Wednesday to celebrate Diana’s charity work in the White Garden built for her."

Kensington Palace braced for new deluge of Diana floral tributes as 20th anniversary nears

With this in mind, I seriously doubt that Meghan would be accompanying Harry as I would imagine that both H&M wouldn't want to detract from the meaning and purpose of the day.
Old 08-29-2017, 02:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

I hope everyone knows that Harry and Meghan don't have to be officially engaged to attend official events and non-official engagements together. It's down to the couple's liking.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-29-2017, 02:43 PM
Nobility

As I said earlier, if Meghan is still in London, she's very likely going to be back at NottCott preparing a delicious dinner for Harry (there may even be informal plans for Will & Kate to join Harry & Meghan for dinner and celebratory private reflections and memories). Which us the public, will not be privy to.

Meghan is not publicly engaged to Harry, and she certainly will not be accompanying Harry at this kind of event in honor of his mother (with Diana's former charities represented). When the time is right (after an engagement announcement), Meghan and Harry will appear side-by-side at an appropriate public event (likely it will not be a very high-profile formal event that initiates such a debut).

It is up to Harry and Meghan regarding how they strategize appearing in public together @Dman. But I also feel that Harry is going to be listening to advice from mentors and royal staffers regarding a smooth roll-out strategy re an engagement announcement and subsequent official public appearances with Meghan.

Above all, Harry has shown that he's going to be protective of Meghan in order to ensure she is not subjected to the OTT Diana-like hounding by the media that his mother endured. H&M will continue to pull back and protect their privacy at the slightest overstepping of boundaries by tabloid/paps and by mainstream media.

Old 08-29-2017, 02:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
You're probably right. I would agree that Meghan is unlikely to attend the White Garden memorial for Diana. Meghan will undoubtedly not be appearing at any official or semi-official public events with Harry until after an engagement announcement.

Most likely, Meghan will be at the Invictus games but will probably not be strictly at Harry's side at that event. I am also thinking an engagement might not be announced until early December after season 7 of Suits wraps in November. It's also possible H&M will continue to take things slowly, and not announce anything until early next year, perhaps around Valentine's Day.

I'm also thinking they may wish to have all the wedding plans and logistics sorted out and fully arranged before announcing an engagement (with a wedding date closely following) in order to limit the public and paps/tabloid-driven feeding frenzy in the lead-up to their royal wedding.

I'm personally hoping (but do not expect) that Meghan will take part in a practice wheelchair rugby game against Harry the way Zara and Mike did in 2014. It'd be fun to see if Harry and Meghan are as competitive as William & Kate and Zara & Mike.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I hope everyone knows that Harry and Meghan don't have to be officially engaged to attend official events and non-official engagements together. It's down to the couple's liking.

Do you have any evidence to support that?

Any sign of Camilla, Kate, or Sophie attending official engagements prior to the wedding? Or Cressida or Chelsy?

I'm talking something formal, public to semi-public, and with CC recognition here.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:46 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post

Any sign of Camilla, Kate, or Sophie attending official engagements prior to the wedding? Or Cressida or Chelsy?

I'm talking something formal, public to semi-public, and with CC recognition here.
I know of one event for Catherine and that was William's initial Garter Ceremony but NO CC recognition.

In fact CC did not mention Catherine for the 4 events she did with William when engaged and prior to wedding.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-29-2017, 04:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post

Yes, both Sophie and Camilla attended official engagements with Edward and Charles before their engagements and marriages. People often forget the stuff that happened in the 90's and early 2000's.

Its pretty much down to the couple own preferences.

No, I don't think Meghan will be there tomorrow, but there's nothing really stopping her and Harry to appear together at some functions. It's just down to whether they choose to attend some things together.

A.W. TOZER