The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 06:41 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I'm sure that given Kate's having problems wit her pregnancies they will schedule the wedding either well before or well after her due date. I doubt if she would want to be there if she is 8 1/2 months gone...
If they don't announce an engagement by early December 2017, then perhaps an announcement will come in January or February 2018, with a wedding to follow in either June or mid-July 2018, which would mark the second anniversary of their relationship.

This timing would seem to work out for Kate having given birth by the time of a scheduled summer wedding.

And then possibly Meghan might have her first baby by May or June of 2019 (at the age of 37). After an engagement is announced and a wedding date set, probably the bookies will begin taking bets on M&H pregnancy news.

Old 09-10-2017, 07:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Does it not occur to people that the Prince may prefer to marry in a place not associated with the Funeral of his Mother ?
Well, William and Catherine were married there, and when William becomes King, he will be crowned there, and when he dies, his funeral will be there...that's what Westminster Abbey is. It's the site of most, if not all, of the landmark moments in the British Royal Family; weddings, coronations, and funerals. What's more, Harry has been in Westminster Abbey numerous times since his mother's funeral, and if the idea of being there was so distasteful to him because of that, he'd never step foot in the place.

When he gets married, it'll be at Westminster. I mean, he could always go with St. Paul's, but I can't imagine he'd have a larger, grander wedding than his brother.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever......"
Old 09-10-2017, 08:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
Yes, this seems accurate to me.
Yeah Kate and William were privately engaged for several weeks prior to the announcement.

Kate even talked about not saying anything to her mother because she wasn't sure if her dad had said anything to her about William asking her dad for permission.

LaRae
Old 09-10-2017, 08:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Wasn't Prince Nicolas of Sweden born only a few days after CP's and Sofia's wedding ? Princess Madeleine attended the wedding ceremony though.
Yep...she was hugely pregnant at their wedding...baby right after.

LaRae
Old 09-10-2017, 08:34 AM
Nobility

There seems to be a shift in the UK tabloids, and many talking about IG and Meghan and Harry doing their first official appearance there. I'm thinking they got their bone.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:43 AM
Heir Apparent

I think several of us here beat their prediction about the I.G. and Meghan being there...we'll see if we were right or not.

LaRae
Old 09-10-2017, 09:13 AM
Gentry

I’m really feeling an engagement announcement is imminent... like within weeks. I also feel they will wed before the arrival of Baby Cambridge 3.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm not sure Meghan will be at the games It would take the attention away from the athletes and with cameras everywhere I think they will wait for a different time.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:22 AM
Nobility

Quote:
There seems to be a shift in the UK tabloids, and many talking about IG and Meghan and Harry doing their first official appearance there. I'm thinking they got their bone.
Camilla Tominey said they refused to rule it out. I'm wondering if all the press got the same debrief and that's how they ran with it?
Old 09-10-2017, 09:36 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Camilla Tominey said they refused to rule it out. I'm wondering if all the press got the same debrief and that's how they ran with it?
A palace insider also said Meghan "was always free to do as she liked" re: attending the Invictus Games.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:40 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
I'm not sure Meghan will be at the games It would take the attention away from the athletes and with cameras everywhere I think they will wait for a different time.
I think she will attend something but the event will be chosen carefully for the reasons you've mentioned. At least the Games should get lots of coverage with photographers around hoping to get shots of Harry and Meghan.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:43 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
A palace insider also said Meghan "was always free to do as she liked" re: attending the Invictus Games.
Right, which says to me they didn't rule it out. But not quite like how the others presented it. It probably is a fluid situation at this point.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:46 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Yes, but they are individuals, who may differ in this respect. William was older at the time of the funeral, and his life will necessarily be more bound up with the Abbey.. not least his own Coronation !
Considering how Harry talked about she had the best seat in the house at William's wedding, I think that's unlikely. Plus, they've been there many times before.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:55 AM
Nobility

I think some of the shift in attitude of the press is deciding they'd better not continue the negative press of the probable future Duchess of XYZ. The VF article was a definite signal they recognized.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Considering how Harry talked about she had the best seat in the house at William's wedding, I think that's unlikely. Plus, they've been there many times before.
There's something to that...he might want to marry the same place William did...due to their mother.

LaRae
Old 09-10-2017, 10:06 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
I’m really feeling an engagement announcement is imminent... like within weeks. I also feel they will wed before the arrival of Baby Cambridge 3.
I really doubt such an announcement comes before Meghan is done filming, though I guess I wouldn't be shocked. But I still see November/December as the best, most likely time for an annoucement. Very interesting to me that the press are basically talking about it now as a matter of when and not if. Indeed, that was the most interesting "revelation" in Camilla Tominey's article...that even people in the Palace are expecting a wedding next year.

Also interesting, re: Tominey's piece, is the dismissal of the idea that BP and the Queen were unaware of and unhappy about Meghan's interview and cover shoot. That directly contradicts what the Daily Fail was trying to sell, not that I ever bought it myself because...well, it's the Daily Fail.

Quote:
I think so too. Notable that this is the one thing in Roya Nikkhah's article that's stated as fact.

Quote:
Right, which says to me they didn't rule it out. But not quite like how the others presented it. It probably is a fluid situation at this point.
With only two weeks to go, I really think they already know one way or the other. I don't think this is a situation where they can just decide a few days before that Meghan will attend. At most, I think they may still be working out all the details, when, where and how Meghan will be involved, etc.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:36 AM
Nobility

There will be additional security matters to iron out too, right?
Old 09-10-2017, 11:24 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
To me, it would make sense to announce the engagement before the Christmas holidays. What better time to introduce Meghan to the entire family than the celebrations at Sandringham?

Of course, as a royal fiancee, she wouldn't be invited to attend the "family only" events such as the Christmas Eve dinner and the walk to the church, but like the Middletons, could complete a happy house party over at Amner Hall.

It also makes sense, to me, that Meghan will appear with Harry at the Invictus Games. Once their married, I can see both of them being very active in promoting the Games in Sydney 2018. In fact, I predict we'd see this couple working as a team for a lot of causes. Some Harry's. Some Meghan's. Also, add a fourth team player to promote mental health issues.

I think this relationship is more two people coming together to walk the path of life together than two people coming together and maintaining individual interests. The way the relationship has gone so far, it shows me that these two people can be together yet maintain individuality. The "identikit" idea of a royal Duchess has been that the wife stands behind her husband where as the "modern" idea is promoting that they'll walk side by side together but never overshadowing the other.

No matter how it goes from here on out. It think its a win/win situation for the BRF as a whole. I think also that Charles is going to be over the moon to have someone that is knowledgeable about the arts. As I said in another thread, Charles, himself, is president or patron of over 20 performing arts organizations and I think perhaps there is a very good chance that Meghan will find a niche there somewhere that she can be enthused about along with making a practical use of her professional acting career to advise and encourage others working along that same path.

Just an odd note too about where they marry. Its my understanding too that in "the eyes of God" and the church, if a person has never been married in church, "in the eyes of God", they've never been married according to religious beliefs and church tenets. That's why some royal couples have had both civil and religious weddings. With Charles and Camilla, it was a civil ceremony and a blessing in the CoE to make it legit in the CoE.

The cooler weather is beginning to make it feel like fall and all the Meghan and Harry rumors about make it feel like category 4 hurricane Irma is hitting the rumor mills, its time to sit back, snuggle up with a warm blanket and a hot pot of tea and watch what develops. We're living in interesting times to say the least.
Old 09-10-2017, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent

When does the Queen return from Balmoral?

I think they'd wait to make any announcements until she is back in London.
Old 09-10-2017, 01:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
When does the Queen return from Balmoral?

I think they'd wait to make any announcements until she is back in London.
Just looking at the last three years of the Court Circular, the Queen has arrived back to London from Balmoral on the following dates:

2016 - 4 Oct
2015 - 7 Oct
2014 - 7 Oct

Barring an emergency, I can't see any reason to expect that HM will be back from Balmoral before the first week of October.

I'm with those who believe that no announcement will come before Meghan's filming commitments to Suits are complete. With that said, I'm not wholly convinced she'll be in all of the back 6 episodes.

Closed Thread