The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-08-2017, 05:51 PM
Serene Highness

Yeah, he has to check his calendar and phone his brother and other family to see if there's a free spot for him to make a life-changing decision
Then when he does so the others must wait for his decision to have settled in. Didn't you know the royal atmosphere should not be shared?

Just kidding. I want Harry happy, I like him and wish him luck and would wish for him to announce anything when he sees fit.

Just out of curiosity though: how would an announcement look like? The same as William's? I ask because Kensington Palace now operates on its own and when William became engaged it was announced by Clarence House.

Old 09-08-2017, 06:01 PM
Royal Highness

If I was a PR person working for Kensington Palace, I'd have it announced by releasing a pretty picture and have Graham Norton do the engagement interview. Success guaranteed.

Old 09-08-2017, 06:05 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
With Will & Kate, the press was notified a few hours in advance that there would be an announcement made. Very similar to what we saw recently with Philip's retirement announcement. Most likely, it will be the same method but called by Kensington Palace PR staff of W&K&H.

Then again, they could really stir up a hornet's nest and announce over their KP social media account that Prince Henry of Wales and Ms. Meghan Markle announce their engagement and as an afterthought say there will be a formal appearance with statements at (fill in the date and time) for the general press.

Should be interesting to say the least.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Graham Norton? Is there no one else?

I don't get how having a wedding near Kate's due date (or shortly after) is an issue.

LaRae
Old 09-08-2017, 06:08 PM
Serene Highness

I was rather referring to the text. There will be some text involved. Would it be like "Prince Harry is pleased to announce his engagement to..." or would it be along the lines of William's announcement: "The Prince of Wales is delighted to announce the engagement of Prince William and...". For some reason that interests me.

This is all future-thinking, of course, and in my book it's not a given at all that an engagement may be imminent. They do go steady, but more? I'll believe when I see.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
With Will & Kate, the press was notified a few hours in advance that there would be an announcement made. Very similar to what we saw recently with Philip's retirement announcement. Most likely, it will be the same method but called by Kensington Palace PR staff of W&K&H.

Then again, they could really stir up a hornet's nest and announce over their KP social media account that Prince Henry of Wales and Ms. Meghan Markle announce their engagement and as an afterthought say there will be a formal appearance with statements at (fill in the date and time) for the general press.

Should be interesting to say the least.

HA yes...have that one lady who posts about them on twitter (Rebecca English?) tweet it!

LaRae
Old 09-08-2017, 06:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Graham Norton? Is there no one else?

I don't get how having a wedding near Kate's due date (or shortly after) is an issue.

LaRae
That's what I explained in my post #905.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I simply assume that H&M would want Kate to be there on their wedding day. If it's to close to the due date, she might not be able to attend. If they were really unlucky, William wouldn't be there either (if the child is born the same day).
Old 09-08-2017, 06:21 PM
Majesty

It would be an issue to schedule the wedding before Kate gives birth if this was Victorian times and "Ladies of Quality" went into confinement because of their "delicate condition". But, seeing as its the 21st century and being pregnant in public is a beautiful thing disregarding some cases where ghastly, tacky displays of baby bumps happen to flash across my screen.

I don't think for a minute that anyone close to Harry or Meghan would be seriously upset or feel overshadowed or bumped to the side of the road whenever the wedding is. They're more than likely to be over the moon happy for Harry and eager and willing to make his day the best it can possibly be. Isn't that what family does?

With Kate's announcement of her pregnancy, its quite easy to not schedule a wedding during the "ground zero dates". That is pretty much a given.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:31 PM
Aristocracy

What's the issue with Meghan Markle's citizenship? Both the UK and the US accept double citizenship. She would acquire the British citizenship by marriage after three years of residence in the UK. Unless, of course, they'd make an exception for the wife of a senior member of the royal family and grant it on her much sooner.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
The first time William and Kate appeared publicly "side by side" was their friends' wedding right before the engagement announcement. Perhaps Harry and Meghan believe they have some things to tidy up (her contract with Suits, her citizenship, as another poster mentioned) before they are ready.

With her dogs living in Canada, will they need to be quarantined before they move to Britain with her(if it comes to that)?

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 09-08-2017, 07:00 PM
Commoner

Meghan Markle is the perfect fit for our new touchy-feely royal family
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...y-prince-harry
Old 09-08-2017, 07:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaika View Post
Meghan Markle is the perfect fit for our new touchy-feely royal family
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...y-prince-harry

What a load of toxic, condescending nonsense
Old 09-08-2017, 07:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashal View Post
What's the issue with Meghan Markle's citizenship? Both the UK and the US accept double citizenship. She would acquire the British citizenship by marriage after three years of residence in the UK. Unless, of course, they'd make an exception for the wife of a senior member of the royal family and grant it on her much sooner.
I would think they'd have to. How is she going to represent the Queen on royal duties if she's not even a British citizen? And does anyone know if the BRF members travel with diplomatic passports? I know Danish Royal Family do, but I don't know if that's standard for all reigning houses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
With her dogs living in Canada, will they need to be quarantined before they move to Britain with her(if it comes to that)?
They don't have to be quarantined as long as proper paperwork is prepared and certain treatments outlined by guideline is followed.

https://www.gov.uk/take-pet-abroad
Old 09-08-2017, 07:21 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
What a load of toxic, condescending nonsense
Basically. And pretty poorly written, imo. The irony...
Old 09-09-2017, 08:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

I placed this article here, because the Harry and Meghan thread is closed.

Moderators,
If this is the wrong place, I'll remove the article or you can do so.

How Meghan will appear with Harry 'ahead of engagement' | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-09-2017, 08:51 PM
Majesty

Its a miss for me for one big reason: Daily Fail.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:10 PM
Heir Apparent

The Title of the article was enough for me....if that have that wrong then the rest can't be any more accurate.

She's not a 'Catholic divorcee'

LaRae
Old 09-09-2017, 10:14 PM
Majesty

Quote:
The Title of the article was enough for me....if that have that wrong then the rest can't be any more accurate.

She's not a 'Catholic divorcee'

LaRae
its 50% correct - DM is improving!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 09-09-2017, 10:17 PM
Heir Apparent

HA...anyone else with only 50 percent accuracy at their job would be fired!!!!

LaRae