The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-08-2017, 03:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
So they may officially announce their engagement in October? (Invictus Games will take place from 23 to 30 September)
I think November, after Meghan is done with her commitment to Suits.

Old 09-08-2017, 03:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Yes, I agree. We'll see what happens with the Invictus Games in Toronto. If they're together a lot in public, that will be almost like an unofficial engagement announcement.
I think MM will be filming so she may not be at every event, but I'm sure the opening and closing events which will have alot of politicians and celebs so they can't accuse her of highjacking the event.
Save

Old 09-08-2017, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Or in December (Maybe on Christmas?) in order not to "overshadow" the Queen's and Duke of Edinburgh's Platinum Anniversary?
Old 09-08-2017, 03:32 PM
Courtier

I don't think an engagement will be announced until Spring 2018. It's pure logistic, which means that I don't necessarily think the couple will wait until then to be engaged. Meghan's move to London won't come after November. She'll probably still travel back to see her family for holidays. There is also additional issue this situation will have to sort out, and that's her citizenship. She can't be engaged to marry into the royal family and still hold US citizenship. An expedited British citizenship will have to be established I presume. And the engagement will only be announced once all these things are taken care of. I don't see them marrying before fall of 2018.
Old 09-08-2017, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

There won't be an engagement until after baby Cambridge is born
Old 09-08-2017, 03:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen E View Post
H&M have gone out of their way not to appear in public together which is fair enough. But what is the point of then having Meghan give an exclusive interview to a magazine where she doesn't reveal anything new about herself just tidbits about their relationship. How is this different to the typical ploy that most celebrities play?

Unless H&M are ready to unveil themselves as a couple in some sort of semi-official capacity then there is no need for any such revelations. A more authentic roll out would have been for the couple to appear publicly together side by side in a show of solidarity.

You did not answer my question and in fact it was side stepped like my question never existed.......that is called spinning a comment
Old 09-08-2017, 03:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I don't necessarily see them purposely avoiding that. Obviously they won't schedule an announcement right around Kate's due date, but if everything else is taken care of say beginning of March, I don't see why they wouldn't just announce it then. I think the last few days have shown that the media and public can have a few big royal news days in a short while. And honestly, if they have to wait until after every notable event, they won't ever announce an engagement.
Old 09-08-2017, 03:45 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I highly doubt that, lol. In my opinion, an engagement announcement will come no later than December of this year. I've thought that for awhile, even more so after this VF interview. I don't think such an interview happens if an announcement wasn't coming in the next few months.
Old 09-08-2017, 03:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
What does that baby have to do with an engagement? Life goes on hold because Kate is having another baby?

LaRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
My guess is Nov/Dec or Jan.

LaRae
Old 09-08-2017, 03:54 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I couldn't begin to guess when they'd announce an engagement. They will do it at the own time of choosing when they get all their ducks in a row. One never knows when one of those ducks could quack up.

In my best guesstimation, I'd have to say they'll announce it anytime between now and then.
Old 09-08-2017, 03:56 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
You did not answer my question and in fact it was side stepped like my question never existed.......that is called spinning a comment
You wrote a paragraph & not all of it was phrased as a question. I responded to the first part of your sentence. Perhaps you should take time to read it again.

You asked:

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
Could you tell me from yr comment above just how someone is *properly introduced to the public means and how is that done*?
I said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen E View Post
Unless H&M are ready to unveil themselves as a couple in some sort of semi-official capacity then there is no need for any such revelations. A more authentic roll out would have been for the couple to appear publicly together side by side in a show of solidarity.
Old 09-08-2017, 04:41 PM
Courtier

The first time William and Kate appeared publicly "side by side" was their friends' wedding right before the engagement announcement. Perhaps Harry and Meghan believe they have some things to tidy up (her contract with Suits, her citizenship, as another poster mentioned) before they are ready.
Old 09-08-2017, 04:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

It could come at any time. Just "wait and see" as William used to say.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-08-2017, 04:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I don't think one thing has anything to do with the other. What is your reasoning for this statement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Or in December (Maybe on Christmas?) in order not to "overshadow" the Queen's and Duke of Edinburgh's Platinum Anniversary?
I don't see any reason for the anniversary to entirely preclude an engagement announcement during the month. Just probably not right before or after.
Old 09-08-2017, 05:10 PM
Royal Highness

I don't see them feeling the need to postpone an announcement just because Kate is pregnant. I doubt they get married around her due date, but an engagement that does not really have anything to do with Kate in the first place is not a reason to wait.
Old 09-08-2017, 05:15 PM
Nobility

Why would they wait until after the baby is born to announce their engagement? I don't get that thought process.
Old 09-08-2017, 05:21 PM
Serene Highness

I think I do get that thought process. Both events happening around the same time could lead to accusations of inappropriate timing, eclipsing, overshadowing, stealing their thunder, etc..

Generally speaking it's like a 'they should wait until after the birth of William and Catherine's 3rd child. Then they will have the royal atmosphere for themselves'.
The die-hard old-schoolers might even think 'William ranks higher than Harry and Harry should act accordingly'.

Not my line of thinking at all - I think they should announce (IF anything like that would be in the works) when they want.
But I have seen plenty of thinking along these lines on the forums.
Old 09-08-2017, 05:31 PM
Royal Highness

Carl-Philip and Sofia got married when Madeleine was about to pop. I think she gave birth like two days later? Life goes on. A wedding takes planning anyway. You can announce an engagement and have the wedding after number 3 is born. This way everybody gets their moment of shine.
Old 09-08-2017, 05:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Carl-Philip and Sofia got married when Madeleine was about to pop. I think she gave birth like two days later? Life goes on. A wedding takes planning anyway. You can announce an engagement and have the wedding after number 3 is born. This way everybody gets their moment of shine.
If I remember correctly, the wedding date was announced in october and they married in june. That means that Madeleine was just a few weeks into her pregnancy, and when the date was decided it's possible that she wasn't even pregnant. I doubt that H&M would set a date that is close to the birth of baby Cambridge, now that they know she's expecting. My guess is they'll marry in june or perhaps july.
Old 09-08-2017, 05:45 PM
Nobility

There are many months in between now and when the baby is born. An engagement announcement wouldn't overshadow anything, especially if it happened in December or so. It seems like for each month there's some reason why Harry shouldn't announce his engagement.