The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 07:45 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
It is her decision to 'blab', and open herself up 'to heat'..
This interview was clearly a joint decision by H&M. My point is that she is the one getting all the criticism & he needs to speak up so it doesn't appear one-sided.

Old 09-08-2017, 07:49 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen E View Post
This interview was clearly a joint decision by H&M. My point is that she is the one getting all the criticism & he needs to speak up so it doesn't appear one-sided.
He already spoke up in November.

Old 09-08-2017, 07:54 AM
Serene Highness

He needs to say the "L" word so the balance hangs equal again. At least, that's what is implied here - I think.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

What heat? as the saying goes, if you can't stand the heat (of politics or public life) stay out of the Kitchen. I don't know why she has talked but I assume it means that they are close to an engagement. I don't know why they don't stick ot the good old rules and say nothing until they do announce their engagement.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:04 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
Are you forgetting the statement he put out in November? What exactly do you want him to say, and when? Only times he has spoken to the press are official visits, his interview about mental health, and Diana's 20th anniversary things. Should he randomly make these engagements about his relationship with Meghan?

Eta: perhaps Meghan doesn't want Harry to take the heat off of her. She seems to be very capable of handling herself, the press, the attention, and doesn't need Harry to take anything for her. She's not some wilding wallflower, but an adult woman who's been handling the press for years. She's not going to melt due to tabloid heat.
As I mentioned earlier the KP statement did not talk about them being in love. This is the first time either of them have talked about it.

This is not about Meghan not being able to handle it. She is nevertheless the one getting the bulk of the criticism. If Harry refuses to give interviews about Meghan, but Meghan is the only one declaring that they're in love, then naturally people are going to accuse her & not him of being indiscreet.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

well she wouldnt get criticism if she had said nothing. True there are plety of people who seem to be hostile to her, but if she did not say anything, they could not fault her for indiscretion.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:09 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
This is veering off topic. I don't think she's really looking for status based on two very obvious facts. First, she married a normal guy after a long relationship the first time and then she was involved with another normal guy between that marriage and this relationship. Second, she was caught in a fire question answer months before she met Harry. The interviewer actually asked her Prince William or Prince Harry. That's the one question where her answer gives the feeling like I don't care enough to have an opinion on this. She finally did say Harry because the interviewer was giddy about Harry. It was quite funny actually.
Great points. I also think it's worth noting that marrying someone like Harry comes with a ton a baggage, a fact that he has acknowledged himself. I'm sure he knows how lucky he is that a woman like Meghan (smart, beautiful, acomplished in her own right) has already shown that she is willing to take on some of that baggage. And I don't believe she would do so, nor would he have taken such a risk as releasing a statement on her behalf, if they didn't share deep, genuine feelings for one another. I really haven't seen any reason to doubt Meghan's claim of the two being in love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
Eta: perhaps Meghan doesn't want Harry to take the heat off of her. She seems to be very capable of handling herself, the press, the attention, and doesn't need Harry to take anything for her. She's not some wilding wallflower, but an adult woman who's been handling the press for years. She's not going to melt due to tabloid heat.
Exactly what I was going to say. She is an adult who has faced much worse criticism than some naysayers not liking an interview. I don't think Harry needs to say much of anything until there is an engagement interview, which I don't think is too far off anyhow.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:18 AM
Serene Highness

I think some feel that it's not Meghan's place to say anything about her relationship with Harry, for she isn't part of the royal family and who knows if she ever might be.

If anything must be said, it must come from Harry since it's his family and the likes she'll be entering if that will happen.

AKA knowing your place.

Sweden has had a kind of similar situation and there *are* some old-schoolers there...

Anyway, I don't mind one way or another whether Meghan speaks up. I like Harry and want him to be happy. With whomever that may be.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:22 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I don't think they've done anything wrong, they just need to ride this out. I don't see how this is any different than when William, Kate and Charles tell little stories about George and Charlotte, should they also keep quiet? MM is not royal yet so should the same quiet rules apply to her? Also what about when William was on a radio show talking about his "dad dancing".
Old 09-08-2017, 08:24 AM
Serene Highness

I'd just prefer them to keep schtum UNTIL they announce their engagement...

In the age of Social media there is a failure to draw a line between the Public and the [deeply] Personal.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:27 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I don't see the need for Harry to proclaim the "L" word to all and sundry. In fact, I hate the expression "the 'L' word". Love is a beautiful four letter word that should be used as often as possible. One only has to take a look at Harry's face these days to realize that this is a very happy Harry that is in a good place in his life and its really not a big guess on just who is making him so happy.

Meghan spoke for the both of them. We've seen Harry out and about with the photographers and reporters gathered around him in N. Ireland recently. He wasn't being in any ways "secretive" at all about his personal life but rather he knew that just mentioning it would send the purpose of where he was, what he was doing and why he was doing it straight to the deep abyss of non importance. To Harry and Meghan, this recent (to us) interview and photo shoot with Vanity Fair is old news that happened months ago and they've moved on doing what they're supposed to be doing with their lives.

I think there will be gushing aplenty if an engagement is announced. I will also predict that if we're able to watch their wedding ceremony that the emotion between these two people will be as visible as they were during Victoria and Daniel's wedding. Harry is like that. I think we'll see it too should Meghan accompany Harry to the Invictus Games. Once they go public, its going to be impossible to miss. As I said, just looking at Harry's face and demeanor in N. Ireland radiated a man that is a very, very happy Harry.

They will do what comes naturally for the two of them in their own time at their own pace. We just have to wait, be patient and let this couple handle things as they see fit without expectations.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:29 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
I don't think they've done anything wrong, they just need to ride this out. I don't see how this is any different than when William, Kate and Charles tell little stories about George and Charlotte, should they also keep quiet? MM is not royal yet so should the same quiet rules apply to her? Also what about when William was on a radio show talking about his "dad dancing".
William, Catherine and Charles are royal, therefore they can say what they want.
Meghan is not royal, therefore she should keep her mouth shut until there would be an engagement. If she has something to say it should be done by Harry.

That's the general consensus of those upset with her interview.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:37 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
William, Catherine and Charles are royal, therefore they can say what they want.
Meghan is not royal, therefore she should keep her mouth shut until there would be an engagement. If she has something to say it should be done by Harry.

Exactly. It is putting strictures of status on a personal relationship between two people. I don't think either Harry or Meghan put their status or their bank accounts or level of popularity or who has the most freckles before anything else in their relationship. Tells me that this is a relationship where they will be equal partners in everything in their lives. That's a good thing in my book.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Nothing elitist about that...how dare the peasant speak without permission!!!

LaRae
Old 09-08-2017, 08:45 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Actually, it's better to just say your piece and leave it be. Some might feel this is not right and criticize her for it, but here are a lot that now know her and see her as a person. If he threw his piece into it now, they'll only be drowning in more controversy. And believe me when I say she'll still be blamed for him speaking out. It's unfortunately a problem in our society. Just look at how his statement was received in November. There was the initial shock he did it, but then murmurs started about how this terrible woman manipulated him into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post

And here I thought us common folks have the freedom of speech in this day and age as well! How silly of me!
Old 09-08-2017, 08:53 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
And here I thought us common folks have the freedom of speech in this day and age as well! How silly of me!
In case you were thinking that I am upset about her doing the interview, I am not. I barely know her.
From what I have read she is used to media and then all of a sudden she should play stupid because she is dating a royal? That is character assassination.

But there are people here who have been upset and I only summarized the reason they probably have for it. The old school ways, you know.
Some think her freedom of speech should be limited because of who her boyfriend is, others think she should just remain herself.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:55 AM
Serene Highness

IF her piece in VF was mean't to 'introduce her' to the British Public, why was a publication the virtually no-one reads here chosen?

'Tatler', British Vogue or 'Elle' would make more sense, as Women actually read them here
Old 09-08-2017, 08:56 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think there will be gushing aplenty if an engagement is announced. I will also predict that if we're able to watch their wedding ceremony that the emotion between these two people will be as visible as they were during Victoria and Daniel's wedding. Harry is like that. I think we'll see it too should Meghan accompany Harry to the Invictus Games. Once they go public, its going to be impossible to miss. As I said, just looking at Harry's face and demeanor in N. Ireland radiated a man that is a very, very happy Harry.
I think you're on to something here, at least I've been having similar thoughts. :) I really hope Meghan doesn't feel a need to supress what appears to be natural charm. (She is quite charming from what I've seen in interviews.)The VF interview and bts video of her cover shoot gives me some hope that she won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Exactly. It is putting strictures of status on a personal relationship between two people. I don't think either Harry or Meghan put their status or their bank accounts or level of popularity or who has the most freckles before anything else in their relationship. Tells me that this is a relationship where they will be equal partners in everything in their lives. That's a good thing in my book.
A very good thing, indeed.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

They wont be equal partners. She will be his support act, just as Kate is for William and Camilla is for Charles.. and Philip is for the queen.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

It's okay for everyone to agree to disagree with each other. I'm glad the thread was cleaned up and it should stay clean.

We are in 2017 and about to embark on 2018, Gods will. The idea of the woman shouldn't speak before the man; just too old school for today.

I think a lot of this is down to outsiders feeling they know exactly how all royal relationships should be run. When Harry made his statement back in November, the media and folks online came down on him as well. In fact, some people felt like Harry was badly advised by his Palace team, and it was all done without the royal family input.

The Duke of Cambridge's backing was publicly stated afterwards.

These are mature adults in a mature relationship. They know what they're doing.

A.W. TOZER
Closed Thread