The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-25-2017, 10:39 PM
Heir Apparent

That's s nice long vacation! Now we wait to see what happens next....

LaRae

Old 08-25-2017, 10:49 PM
Heir Apparent

This is such good news. I'm so happy to hear it. Victoria Falls must be a glorious sight. I think Harry has seen the Falls but not Meghan.

Even here in Oz, Osipi, we're hearing about the appalling weather in Texas and floods in several other states. I hope everyone stays as safe as they can.

Old 08-27-2017, 12:59 PM
Nobility

Meghan lives in Canada because that is where Suits is filmed but she is American. Toronto is NOT her home city, Los Angeles, CA is.

I keep reading passages about Toronto being her home city etc.
Old 08-27-2017, 03:30 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
Meghan lives in Canada because that is where Suits is filmed but she is American. Toronto is NOT her home city, Los Angeles, CA is.

I keep reading passages about Toronto being her home city etc.
Home town and home city are two different concepts.

Yes la is her home town. It us where she grew up. Where her roots are.

But Toronto is her home city. It is where she lives. She doesn't just fly in for filming. She lives there. Has a home there. Built a life the last six years there. Just because she us American doesn't mean Toronto isn't her home.
Old 08-27-2017, 06:03 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It's great to hear that Harry and Meghan are on holiday together and hopefully enjoying themselves. They will be able to share many happy moments on this trip - I also wonder if something special will happen after Africa...

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-27-2017, 06:12 PM
Gentry

I had a hunch when news first broke that they were together, that they would go the distance. I now have a hunch that they are already engaged, with an announcement to come by the end of September, and a wedding to follow somewhere between this November and January.
Old 08-27-2017, 08:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
I had a hunch when news first broke that they were together, that they would go the distance. I now have a hunch that they are already engaged, with an announcement to come by the end of September, and a wedding to follow somewhere between this November and January.

I have a similar feeling and will be on alert for an announcement after the last episode of Suits before the break airs but before the Invictus Games start.

I hope it happens- there's nothing more fun than a high profile royal wedding
Old 08-27-2017, 08:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I tend to think it will be a little later timeline....maybe an engagement announcement well before the Queen's/Phillip's anniversary (in Nov IIRC) or after..say December. Wedding in Spring or early summer next year.

They could just wait to do anything (engagement) till after the first of the year and wedding within 4/6 months.

LaRae
Old 08-28-2017, 12:09 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I am expecting the engagement announcement to be a lot like William and Kate's. Get up one morning and groggily feel my way towards the computer with my first cup of coffee in hand and log on to find a bazillion messages in this thread already. They're engaged! We didn't have any kind of an inkling that W&K's announcement was forthcoming and we won't with this couple either.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:52 AM
Nobility

I also believe they are already engaged and I think it happened prior to this trip. Harry won't copy cat his brother. He' d want to do his own thing.

And a wedding won't happen this year. It will be next year during the warm and sunny months in Britain is my feeling.
Old 08-28-2017, 01:34 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I am expecting the engagement announcement to be a lot like William and Kate's. Get up one morning and groggily feel my way towards the computer with my first cup of coffee in hand and log on to find a bazillion messages in this thread already. They're engaged! We didn't have any kind of an inkling that W&K's announcement was forthcoming and we won't with this couple either.
When W & C arrived at Harry Meade's wedding together in Oct. 2010, right before they announced v. all the earlier weddings where they'd arrived separately, I guessed that an announcement was imminent, plus Catherine was beaming.
Harry has been more fluid in his relationships, so I don't know that we'll see an obvious departure from prior patterns hinting that an announcement is coming, plus he and Meghan haven't been together long enough for us to become familiar w/ patterns for them.
Old 08-28-2017, 03:24 AM
Nobility

Either I'm sorely out of touch or Harry's done a brilliant job of keeping things quiet, but have they been in Africa for all these weeks? It seems ages ago that they headed out. In any case, I think he took her there to test the relationship (you find out so much about someone when you travel with them), and probably to get serious with her about whether she's "up for" all that becoming a princess entails. Harry seems very empathetic to me, and would not want any future wife to not have her eyes wide open going into marriage.

I'm rooting hard for this one...I think they make a perfect match!
Old 08-28-2017, 03:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

I was looking at my Facebook memories today and in August 2010 I said " come on William hurry up and ask Kate to marry you " so maybe some news for Harry and Meghan soon
Old 08-28-2017, 12:07 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I'm thinking the same thing - it'll be exactly like William and Catherine's. That's when I'll be diving into all the news sources to read and watch everything about it :)

On another note - and I KNOW all the Meghan fans out there will be annoyed/offended - as much as I like Ms. Markle from all the press and her acting, I don't think she would "fit" into the Royal Family. But again, as the Prince of Wales found happiness with the Duchess of Cornwall, I will just wish Prince Harry and Meghan the best :)
Old 08-28-2017, 12:32 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think that should it happen, Meghan will fit into the BRF just fine.

She seems to be very much like Harry and can find a way to get along with just about anyone. I do think there will be some getting used to and things to adapt to as far as the way the BRF does things like getting to know royal protocol and precedence and perhaps the strict schedule at Balmoral and changing clothes a bazillion times a day but then again, with being being in the acting profession, she just may be adept at being a quick change artist.

One thing I can be pretty sure of is that Harry has probably been filling her in on "how to be a princess" and what to expect and the dos and don'ts of royal life. Probably had a few giggles too as Meghan practices curtsying to Harry with Harry standing there with a soup ladle in his hand and a colander on his head as a crown (BTW: metal colanders in my house with kids growing up was always a "moon man hat".
Old 08-28-2017, 01:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I think that should it happen, Meghan will fit into the BRF just fine.

She seems to be very much like Harry and can find a way to get along with just about anyone. I do think there will be some getting used to and things to adapt to as far as the way the BRF does things like getting to know royal protocol and precedence and perhaps the strict schedule at Balmoral and changing clothes a bazillion times a day but then again, with being being in the acting profession, she just may be adept at being a quick change artist.

One thing I can be pretty sure of is that Harry has probably been filling her in on "how to be a princess" and what to expect and the dos and don'ts of royal life. Probably had a few giggles too as Meghan practices curtsying to Harry with Harry standing there with a soup ladle in his hand and a colander on his head as a crown (BTW: metal colanders in my house with kids growing up was always a "moon man hat".
I would hope so as there would be a lot of protocol and procedures to learn going into The Firm. I've read that she's already being guided - not just by Prince Harry but by some of his staff as well so she won't commit some huge faux pas. Great idea :)

"Moon man hat" - we used colanders as military helmets
Old 08-28-2017, 01:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe Harry will propose to her during a romantic African sunset (or he has already done that)? Like William did to Kate?
Old 08-28-2017, 02:29 PM
Nobility

Reports out of Zambia are that they've left the country.

https://www.themastonline.com/2017/0...leaves-zambia/
Old 08-28-2017, 07:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
Reports out of Zambia are that they've left the country.

https://www.themastonline.com/2017/0...leaves-zambia/
Interesting article. It is very detailed leading me to think the contents are true. However, they mentioned the word fiancée as if they are certain the couple got engaged.🤔
Old 08-28-2017, 08:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Interesting article. It is very detailed leading me to think the contents are true. However, they mentioned the word fiancée as if they are certain the couple got engaged.🤔
Honestly, there's no down side for them if they're wrong (who's going to remember an obscure Zambian paper?) and if they're right, they get to claim bragging rights as the first paper to call her his fiancée.