The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 07:11 AM
Heir Apparent

I was referring to what O H Anglophile was replying to, ie that poster who remarked that 'before they know it Harry and Meghan will be in the second tier of royalty'.

Like William, George will undoubtedly be protected from media intrusion throughout his schooling and university years. There's a limit to the 'eclipsing' and reducing others to 'the second tier' that you can do when you are closeted away at school/Uni for much of the year. And the same procedure (protection) will be afforded to Charlotte and the new baby in their turn.

As George is the eldest Cambridge child that means in about 18 years he might leave university at the age of 22 or thereabouts, (and that will be the same for his siblings). George may then go into one of the services. The media wasn't haunting William at Sandhurst every day during his training, nor will that happen to George.

Therefore there will be probably a couple of decades at least before full time Royal duties for any of the three.

Old 09-07-2017, 07:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Guys,

Please let's not get into redefining Harry's personal feelings. I know some people have a hard time accepting Harry is dating an American actress, but let's not act like it's our job to define love for him.

That's overstepping the mark.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-07-2017, 07:33 AM
Nobility

Curryong was correct about my post-it had nothing to do with the media and voracious interest. I'm not naive. I do hope the Cambridge children are given the same courtesy William and Harry were during their school years though.
Someone indicated that Harry (and his wife) would not be needed for royal duties very soon because of the three Cambridge children. As I (and Curryong) pointed out, it will be many years before even George takes on many royal duties, much less his younger siblings. Harry will be much needed for years to come.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:36 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post

Like William, George will undoubtedly be protected from media intrusion throughout his schooling and university years. There's a limit to the 'eclipsing' and reducing others to 'the second tier' that you can do when you are closeted away at school/Uni for much of the year. And the same procedure (protection) will be afforded to Charlotte and the new baby in their turn.

As George is the eldest Cambridge child that means in about 18 years he might leave university at the age of 22 or thereabouts, (and that will be the same for his siblings). George may then go into one of the services. The media wasn't haunting William at Sandhurst every day during his training, nor will that happen to George.
Charles protected William and Harry, too. He made press agreements that they should be left alone in school,etc. That didn't matter they still became the main interest story. Let's look at your own Quote -

"Well, I've followed Harry closely since he was 19, have every bio on him, and he's my favourite Royal apart from the Queen.."

By your own admission teenage Harry was very interesting and you (and the media) followed him closely. Your current self seems to disagree with your past self.

Also, the number of royal duties whether they be 1 a year or 1000 a year, do not determine what is a second-tier royal. William, Catherine, and Harry do peanuts compared to the Queen's children. And I don't see anyone claiming that W,C, H are second-tier royals and are completely eclipsed in the media/public by Anne, Andrew, and Edward. Thus George, Charlotte, Cambridge3 can dabble in occasional royal appearances in their early adulthood, and still none of their extended family (even the full-timers) will be able to eclipse them.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:58 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
How many royal duties was 19-year-old Harry performing when you (and the media) started following him closely?
Are you not understanding us or deliberately twisting what we are saying?
We are speaking of royal duties and Harry being essential to carry them out on behalf of the BRF for at least the next several decades.
That has absolutely NOTHING to do with any media interest--two entirely different things.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:10 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Are you not understanding us or deliberately twisting what we are saying?
We are speaking of royal duties and Harry being essential to carry them out on behalf of the BRF for at least the next several decades.
That has absolutely NOTHING to do with any media interest--two entirely different things.
How does that have to do with being "eclipsed"? Are you claiming that Anne, Andrew, Edward, the Kents, and the Gloucesters are not eclipsed and are first-tier royals just because they've carried out duties for several decades? By that logic no royal ever gets eclipsed or becomes second tier unless they they fully retire or die. It's good to know that Harry and The Duke of Kent are on the same tier then...
Old 09-07-2017, 08:26 AM
Nobility

Quote:
How does that have to do with being "eclipsed"? Are you claiming that Anne, Andrew, Edward, the Kents, and the Gloucesters are not eclipsed and are first-tier royals just because they've carried out duties for several decades? By that logic no royal ever gets eclipsed or becomes second tier unless they they fully retire or die. It's good to know that Harry and The Duke of Kent are on the same tier then...
The evolution of the position of members of the BRF is very organic and again different from the media interest you were talking about earlier. And the changes occurred over many many decades. It will be many decades before Harry's position evolves or devolves.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:33 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaika View Post
messy dirty hair, barefoot and a ball gown don't go together in my view, if she wanted to present herself as a future princess, please, wash your hair, apply makeup and put on shoes!
I think Meghan looked fabulous. Her hair is so healthy looking and pretty. The ballgown/barefoot look was very playful, and came off chic and whimsical at the same time.

Meghan has a very fresh look, and probably truly needs little makeup. I love that she loves her freckles so much...
Old 09-07-2017, 08:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, I agree. Meghan's tousled hair looked terrific (and I'll bet it was newly shampooed) and she really needed little makeup. Embtrace those freckles!
Old 09-07-2017, 08:42 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
The evolution of the position of members of the BRF is very organic and again different from the media interest you were talking about earlier. And the changes occurred over many many decades. It will be many decades before Harry's position evolves or devolves.
Well, that wasn't the case for Margaret, Anne, Andrew, or Edward. Maybe your right that Harry will be the outlier.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

Let's face it no one is going to always like her hair the same way we all ( me included) have had moments of hating Kate's hair ...up ...down...a bit shorter ...longer ..etc etc
Old 09-07-2017, 08:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, if it doesn't blow in Meghan's face during Royal engagements I'll be happy! Windy days are hell for long hair.

And I too admire Harry greatly, Emme.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:18 AM
Nobility

day girl alessia �� @elizbethbennet
·
1h
Mary Greenwell (Princess Diana's make up artist) did Meghan Markle's make up for Vanity Fair❤️

The photo shoot was also done in London. I'm pretty certain, that this interview and the prep for it, the call to VF wasn't Meghan's idea at all, and it is first step before the engagement announcement. Imo the proof is starting to collect together to support that though. Jmo
Old 09-07-2017, 09:23 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Let's face it no one is going to always like her hair the same way we all ( me included) have had moments of hating Kate's hair ...up ...down...a bit shorter ...longer ..etc etc
Not liking a particular hairstyle on her is hardly like saying she was a mess and her hair was messy and dirty. Then goes on to call her a snake and user among other things.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
day girl alessia �� @elizbethbennet
·
1h
Mary Greenwell (Princess Diana's make up artist) did Meghan Markle's make up for Vanity Fair❤️

The photo shoot was also done in London. I'm pretty certain, that this interview and the prep for it, the call to VF wasn't Meghan's idea at all, and it is first step before the engagement announcement. Imo the proof is starting to collect together to support that though. Jmo
Really, Cocoa. That's very interesting that the photo shoot was in London. Was it in May?
Old 09-07-2017, 09:30 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Well, that wasn't the case for Margaret, Anne, Andrew, or Edward. Maybe your right that Harry will be the outlier.
Margaret was relevant for a LONG time. Also, I truly think Anne, Andrew, and Edward's personal lives would have received much more attention had the War of Wales not provide so much fodder. The newspapers didn't have time for anyone else with all of their drama. Fortunately, the Wales' sons seems to have slightly less drama in their relationship.

And we have to consider the fact that they are Diana's sons. A lot of people will always have a soft spot for them because of it. I know Harry found walking behind his mother's coffin at 12 was traumatizing, and I completely see how it would, but that picture of the Princes behind her coffin inadvertently solidified their popularity as royals.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:32 AM
Nobility

@curryong

I'm not sure when, but people on twitter have recognized the bts video as London based on scenery. I'm just reading, and reporting what I find, I'm clueless to this myself.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:35 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
Wouldn’t his acknowledgement of needing professional help, and admitting as such publicly, actually point to stability?
Nothing like waking up in the morning have have a few pages of conversation to read through while sipping a first cup of coffee. While reading, I sometimes get a an inkling of what I'd post in response to some and with big thanks to Emme, I have a perfect lead in.

I have to honestly say that people who have challenges, either physically or mentally, have to be the luckiest people in the world. With challenges to meet, face and overcome, it does give a huge jump start into the work we all should do to become a stronger, healthier and a more well balanced person.

To seek help for a problem in any area is to admit that, as a person, one cannot do it alone and needs support, caring, compassion and frankly, people that will love you until you learn to love yourself. Whether it be an alcoholic working to find a rich, fulfilling life without the bottle or a woman that has been mentally and physically abused needing to feel that she is a worthwhile person and is a person totally worth loving or a someone that experiences a tragic accident that has left a person feeling as only half a person because of loss of body parts, facing challenges takes one from a world of focusing on oneself and their miseries into a world where they're not alone anymore and can find their niche in the human race.

This is what I believe has brought about such a confident, easygoing, outreaching sort of person that we see in Harry today. Its a Harry that I think a lot of people can identify with. Its also occurred to me that all the possible challenges that people could face actually are a focus of endeavors by members of the BRF today to bring awareness and promote that the help *is* out there. Harry, I think recognizes this sort of a person in his Meghan because the both of them have had issues and challenges they had to meet head on and grow from. Like begets like and both Harry and Meghan have a desire to present areas of challenge and make a difference because they've faced them themselves at one time or another.

Now, about the disheveled hair, ball gown and the bare feet. Professional photographers doing photo shoots aren't usually just snapping pictures for the sake of snapping pictures but in most cases, artists in their own right. Its occurred to me that underlining this photo, it has a kind of a Cinderella undertone to it. Perhaps capturing that Meghan, with a fairy godmother (who of course is missing from the scene - the photographer) where things are between the scullery maid in the kitchen and the perfectly dressed woman that met her prince at the ball. Meghan is at the crossroads between her acting career and marrying her prince. Life changes and transformation. The more I think about it, that photographer is a genius.

Now I need another cup of coffee.

Just an observation.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:36 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Really, Cocoa. That's very interesting that the photo shoot was in London. Was it in May?
Peter Lindbergh confirmed in was London, but he listed it as London 2017. So no one knows when it actually took place. Mary confirmed she did makeup as well but no date.

This makes it more interesting, doesn't it?
Old 09-07-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
@curryong

I'm not sure when, but people on twitter have recognized the bts video as London based on scenery. I'm just reading, and reporting what I find, I'm clueless to this myself.

Actually, the photographer Peter Lindbergh tagged all of the pics from the article #London 2017 on his twitter page.

Closed Thread