Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Yeah, he has to check his calendar and phone his brother and other family to see if there's a free spot for him to make a life-changing decision :D
Then when he does so the others must wait for his decision to have settled in. Didn't you know the royal atmosphere should not be shared? :lol:

Just kidding. I want Harry happy, I like him and wish him luck and would wish for him to announce anything when he sees fit.

Just out of curiosity though: how would an announcement look like? The same as William's? I ask because Kensington Palace now operates on its own and when William became engaged it was announced by Clarence House.

Last edited:
If I was a PR person working for Kensington Palace, I'd have it announced by releasing a pretty picture and have Graham Norton do the engagement interview. Success guaranteed.

With Will & Kate, the press was notified a few hours in advance that there would be an announcement made. Very similar to what we saw recently with Philip's retirement announcement. Most likely, it will be the same method but called by Kensington Palace PR staff of W&K&H.

Then again, they could really stir up a hornet's nest and announce over their KP social media account that Prince Henry of Wales and Ms. Meghan Markle announce their engagement and as an afterthought say there will be a formal appearance with statements at (fill in the date and time) for the general press.

Should be interesting to say the least. :D

Graham Norton? Is there no one else?

I don't get how having a wedding near Kate's due date (or shortly after) is an issue.

LaRae

I was rather referring to the text. There will be some text involved. Would it be like "Prince Harry is pleased to announce his engagement to..." or would it be along the lines of William's announcement: "The Prince of Wales is delighted to announce the engagement of Prince William and...". For some reason that interests me.

This is all future-thinking, of course, and in my book it's not a given at all that an engagement may be imminent. They do go steady, but more? I'll believe when I see.

With Will & Kate, the press was notified a few hours in advance that there would be an announcement made. Very similar to what we saw recently with Philip's retirement announcement. Most likely, it will be the same method but called by Kensington Palace PR staff of W&K&H.

Then again, they could really stir up a hornet's nest and announce over their KP social media account that Prince Henry of Wales and Ms. Meghan Markle announce their engagement and as an afterthought say there will be a formal appearance with statements at (fill in the date and time) for the general press.

Should be interesting to say the least. :D

HA yes...have that one lady who posts about them on twitter (Rebecca English?) tweet it!

LaRae

Graham Norton? Is there no one else?

I don't get how having a wedding near Kate's due date (or shortly after) is an issue.

LaRae

That's what I explained in my post #905.

I simply assume that H&M would want Kate to be there on their wedding day. If it's to close to the due date, she might not be able to attend. If they were really unlucky, William wouldn't be there either (if the child is born the same day).

Last edited:
It would be an issue to schedule the wedding before Kate gives birth if this was Victorian times and "Ladies of Quality" went into confinement because of their "delicate condition". But, seeing as its the 21st century and being pregnant in public is a beautiful thing disregarding some cases where ghastly, tacky displays of baby bumps happen to flash across my screen.

I don't think for a minute that anyone close to Harry or Meghan would be seriously upset or feel overshadowed or bumped to the side of the road whenever the wedding is. They're more than likely to be over the moon happy for Harry and eager and willing to make his day the best it can possibly be. Isn't that what family does?

With Kate's announcement of her pregnancy, its quite easy to not schedule a wedding during the "ground zero dates". That is pretty much a given. :D

What's the issue with Meghan Markle's citizenship? Both the UK and the US accept double citizenship. She would acquire the British citizenship by marriage after three years of residence in the UK. Unless, of course, they'd make an exception for the wife of a senior member of the royal family and grant it on her much sooner.

The first time William and Kate appeared publicly "side by side" was their friends' wedding right before the engagement announcement. Perhaps Harry and Meghan believe they have some things to tidy up (her contract with Suits, her citizenship, as another poster mentioned) before they are ready.

With her dogs living in Canada, will they need to be quarantined before they move to Britain with her(if it comes to that)?

What's the issue with Meghan Markle's citizenship? Both the UK and the US accept double citizenship. She would acquire the British citizenship by marriage after three years of residence in the UK. Unless, of course, they'd make an exception for the wife of a senior member of the royal family and grant it on her much sooner.

I would think they'd have to. How is she going to represent the Queen on royal duties if she's not even a British citizen? And does anyone know if the BRF members travel with diplomatic passports? I know Danish Royal Family do, but I don't know if that's standard for all reigning houses.

With her dogs living in Canada, will they need to be quarantined before they move to Britain with her(if it comes to that)?

They don't have to be quarantined as long as proper paperwork is prepared and certain treatments outlined by guideline is followed.

https://www.gov.uk/take-pet-abroad

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a miss for me for one big reason: Daily Fail.

The Title of the article was enough for me....if that have that wrong then the rest can't be any more accurate.

She's not a 'Catholic divorcee'

LaRae

The Title of the article was enough for me....if that have that wrong then the rest can't be any more accurate.

She's not a 'Catholic divorcee'

LaRae

its 50% correct - DM is improving!

HA...anyone else with only 50 percent accuracy at their job would be fired!!!!

LaRae

Now we have to give them some credit--she did graduate from a Catholic high school.

Yeps.. and often enough went from a Catholic school to sit in on the set of Married with Children which was a pretty controversial show when she was growing up. Her dad worked on the lighting crew for that show. :D

But.... this thread ain't about Meghan and we're getting off track here. :whistling:

What I had a good laugh about in this article, apart from it all being speculation, is the Fail saying that the couple won't be allowed to marry in Westminster Abbey because of Meghan being 'a divorcee and a Catholic'. Only a few weeks ago an Abbey spokesman said the exact opposite!

I'm still waiting for the "scoop" that they'll be married in Vegas by an Elvis impersonator. :D

We need the Harry and Meghan thread opened again.

A brief clean up and we are back up and running.

Here's the deal folks...this is a discussion board regarding royalty and as such we expect a wide array of opinions...both positive and negative.

But guess what...the negatives should be YOUR own opinion, there is no need to bring the negatives opinion from anyplace else [other royalty forums, your sister's best friend cousin or a newspaper comments]. We got enough right here at TRF to go around.

So let's stay focused.

Please?

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

How Meghan will appear with Harry 'ahead of engagement' | Daily Mail Online

If true about Westminster Abbey; St George's Chapel will likely be the only option.

Which is rather a shame, as there will be no balcony appearance or carriage drive through the London streets. And of course Windsor will only hold limited number of people, so no thrill of the large London crowds. The bride leaving Clarence House in the Glass Coach, I expect for St George's it will be a Car.

I always felt let down when Sophie and Edward made their short carriage drive around Windsor; it just felt so grey and dismal.

I thought the best bit of Sophia and Carl Philip's wedding, was their long drive around Stockholm, and the cheering crowds.

I still can't see why it can't be Westminster Abbey?

Maybe Harry has no problem with St George's, but I'm sure he would also have loved the Abbey.

Last edited:
It would be an issue to schedule the wedding before Kate gives birth if this was Victorian times and "Ladies of Quality" went into confinement because of their "delicate condition". But, seeing as its the 21st century and being pregnant in public is a beautiful thing disregarding some cases where ghastly, tacky displays of baby bumps happen to flash across my screen.

With Kate's announcement of her pregnancy, its quite easy to not schedule a wedding during the "ground zero dates". That is pretty much a given. :D

I'm sure that given Kate's having problems wit her pregnancies they will schedule the wedding either well before or well after her due date. I doubt if she would want to be there if she is 8 1/2 months gone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom