Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's s nice long vacation! Now we wait to see what happens next....

LaRae

This is such good news. I'm so happy to hear it. Victoria Falls must be a glorious sight. I think Harry has seen the Falls but not Meghan.

Even here in Oz, Osipi, we're hearing about the appalling weather in Texas and floods in several other states. I hope everyone stays as safe as they can.

Meghan lives in Canada because that is where Suits is filmed but she is American. Toronto is NOT her home city, Los Angeles, CA is.

I keep reading passages about Toronto being her home city etc.

Meghan lives in Canada because that is where Suits is filmed but she is American. Toronto is NOT her home city, Los Angeles, CA is.

I keep reading passages about Toronto being her home city etc.

Home town and home city are two different concepts.

Yes la is her home town. It us where she grew up. Where her roots are.

But Toronto is her home city. It is where she lives. She doesn't just fly in for filming. She lives there. Has a home there. Built a life the last six years there. Just because she us American doesn't mean Toronto isn't her home.

It's great to hear that Harry and Meghan are on holiday together and hopefully enjoying themselves. They will be able to share many happy moments on this trip - I also wonder if something special will happen after Africa...

I had a hunch when news first broke that they were together, that they would go the distance. I now have a hunch that they are already engaged, with an announcement to come by the end of September, and a wedding to follow somewhere between this November and January.

I had a hunch when news first broke that they were together, that they would go the distance. I now have a hunch that they are already engaged, with an announcement to come by the end of September, and a wedding to follow somewhere between this November and January.

I have a similar feeling and will be on alert for an announcement after the last episode of Suits before the break airs but before the Invictus Games start.

I hope it happens- there's nothing more fun than a high profile royal wedding

I tend to think it will be a little later timeline....maybe an engagement announcement well before the Queen's/Phillip's anniversary (in Nov IIRC) or after..say December. Wedding in Spring or early summer next year.

They could just wait to do anything (engagement) till after the first of the year and wedding within 4/6 months.

LaRae

I am expecting the engagement announcement to be a lot like William and Kate's. Get up one morning and groggily feel my way towards the computer with my first cup of coffee in hand and log on to find a bazillion messages in this thread already. They're engaged! We didn't have any kind of an inkling that W&K's announcement was forthcoming and we won't with this couple either. :D

I also believe they are already engaged and I think it happened prior to this trip. Harry won't copy cat his brother. He' d want to do his own thing.

And a wedding won't happen this year. It will be next year during the warm and sunny months in Britain is my feeling.

I am expecting the engagement announcement to be a lot like William and Kate's. Get up one morning and groggily feel my way towards the computer with my first cup of coffee in hand and log on to find a bazillion messages in this thread already. They're engaged! We didn't have any kind of an inkling that W&K's announcement was forthcoming and we won't with this couple either. :D
When W & C arrived at Harry Meade's wedding together in Oct. 2010, right before they announced v. all the earlier weddings where they'd arrived separately, I guessed that an announcement was imminent, plus Catherine was beaming.
Harry has been more fluid in his relationships, so I don't know that we'll see an obvious departure from prior patterns hinting that an announcement is coming, plus he and Meghan haven't been together long enough for us to become familiar w/ patterns for them.

Last edited:
Either I'm sorely out of touch or Harry's done a brilliant job of keeping things quiet, but have they been in Africa for all these weeks? It seems ages ago that they headed out. In any case, I think he took her there to test the relationship (you find out so much about someone when you travel with them), and probably to get serious with her about whether she's "up for" all that becoming a princess entails. Harry seems very empathetic to me, and would not want any future wife to not have her eyes wide open going into marriage.

I'm rooting hard for this one...I think they make a perfect match!

I was looking at my Facebook memories today and in August 2010 I said " come on William hurry up and ask Kate to marry you " so maybe some news for Harry and Meghan soon

I'm thinking the same thing - it'll be exactly like William and Catherine's. That's when I'll be diving into all the news sources to read and watch everything about it :)

On another note - and I KNOW all the Meghan fans out there will be annoyed/offended - as much as I like Ms. Markle from all the press and her acting, I don't think she would "fit" into the Royal Family. But again, as the Prince of Wales found happiness with the Duchess of Cornwall, I will just wish Prince Harry and Meghan the best :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that should it happen, Meghan will fit into the BRF just fine.

She seems to be very much like Harry and can find a way to get along with just about anyone. I do think there will be some getting used to and things to adapt to as far as the way the BRF does things like getting to know royal protocol and precedence and perhaps the strict schedule at Balmoral and changing clothes a bazillion times a day but then again, with being being in the acting profession, she just may be adept at being a quick change artist. :D

One thing I can be pretty sure of is that Harry has probably been filling her in on "how to be a princess" and what to expect and the dos and don'ts of royal life. Probably had a few giggles too as Meghan practices curtsying to Harry with Harry standing there with a soup ladle in his hand and a colander on his head as a crown (BTW: metal colanders in my house with kids growing up was always a "moon man hat". :lol:

I think that should it happen, Meghan will fit into the BRF just fine.

She seems to be very much like Harry and can find a way to get along with just about anyone. I do think there will be some getting used to and things to adapt to as far as the way the BRF does things like getting to know royal protocol and precedence and perhaps the strict schedule at Balmoral and changing clothes a bazillion times a day but then again, with being being in the acting profession, she just may be adept at being a quick change artist. :D

One thing I can be pretty sure of is that Harry has probably been filling her in on "how to be a princess" and what to expect and the dos and don'ts of royal life. Probably had a few giggles too as Meghan practices curtsying to Harry with Harry standing there with a soup ladle in his hand and a colander on his head as a crown (BTW: metal colanders in my house with kids growing up was always a "moon man hat". :lol:

I would hope so as there would be a lot of protocol and procedures to learn going into The Firm. I've read that she's already being guided - not just by Prince Harry but by some of his staff as well so she won't commit some huge faux pas. Great idea :)

"Moon man hat" - we used colanders as military helmets :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe Harry will propose to her during a romantic African sunset (or he has already done that)? Like William did to Kate?

Interesting article. It is very detailed leading me to think the contents are true. However, they mentioned the word fiancée as if they are certain the couple got engaged.?

Honestly, there's no down side for them if they're wrong (who's going to remember an obscure Zambian paper?) and if they're right, they get to claim bragging rights as the first paper to call her his fiancée.

It is a detailed article! Thanks for posting it, hel. What an experience. Apparently they spent time in the bush in a tent (with only the RPOs for company. How romantic!) and then the Victoria Falls and a helicopter ride. About three weeks together this time getting used to each other, (I believe they left for Africa on the 4th of this month) a lovely long break. I do think they have come to an understanding and have been secretly committed for some time. It would be marvellous if there was a formal proposal over the Falls though!

Last edited:
It is cute. And lovely and... That sounds divine! All it needed was someone to whip out their cell phone and surreptitiously take a photo! :lol:

:previous: I think it's rather cool that no one did. Like when they were spotted shopping for a Christmas tree but no one infringed upon their privacy by snapping a picture. It's nice to hear reports of reliable news without intrusion upon their privacy via photos they would not have appreciated being snapped.

H&M might be more forthcoming to share with the public a bit more if the tabloids and hacks/paps would back off.

I also feel it's rather cool how they are conducting their relationship so under the radar (which is necessitated mainly for security reasons and to avoid pap nonsense). But also I think it shows how serious they are about each other; about respecting each other's worth and value and their personal commitment to each other even amidst the madness of them each being rather high profile people. Of course it's Harry's royal status that makes them such a hot property (along with the unique differences in Meghan's background vs Harry's previous girlfriends). But mostly, H&M are simply taking their time to enjoy being with each other (making time for each other amidst their busy schedules) and feeling their way through the personal intimacies and public pitfalls of their bonding while keeping the crazies and the crazy outer world at bay. That's a good thing.

Being royal comes with its huge headaches. But probably Harry is quite happy to be in the princely position of having the clout to squire his lady love around in the height of VVIP luxury and exclusivity. Very impressive. Here's more from an African media outlet:
https://www.themastonline.com/2017/08/28/prince-harry-leaves-zambia/

Oh sorry, that's the same article @hel already posted.

Last edited:
Cute, yes, but also very very smart of them to converse with one another over their cell phones so as not to run the risk of being overheard. Their intimate conversation would have been tabloid headlines before they even disembarked! :cool:

:previous: Yes, rather cool and smart. This is one savvy pair.

Their cell phones surely must be encrypted, so no more 'Squidygate,' or 'TamponTalk' infringement/ cringing. Not that these two likely engage in gossiping and complaining about others or purple prose about their intimate relationship. Their texting is probably just rather sweet references to their fun African adventure and a bit of affectionate teasing, along with coordinating their upcoming schedules.

Its been frequently shown here in the US that the 100th episode of Suits is to air tomorrow night. I have no clue whether or not Meghan would be back in Toronto for that. I know that sometimes with momentous/meaningful episodes in a series that the cast will participate in a Twitter session or something similar.

I seriously doubt that Meghan will attend the White Garden memorial for Diana. I think they'll wait until an official announcement is made before appearing together at an event.

Then again, I could be totally wrong. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom