The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-20-2017, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator

I'm with Heathrow Airport on this one:

Quote:
"A Heathrow spokesman said: “The aviation and protective security arrangements for members of the Royal Family, including their movements through the airport, are confidential and fully compliant with regulatory requirements. It would be inappropriate to discuss those arrangements in public.”
Is it relevant in connection with their relationship anyway, since we can discuss royal finances and security in other threads.

Old 08-20-2017, 10:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
There's the airport picture of them arriving to Africa in the beginning of August.
On yes, forgot about that one.

Old 08-20-2017, 10:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

This week's episode of Suits continues to make me believe strongly that preparations to exit Rachel's character could be underway.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
This week's episode of Suits continues to make me believe strongly that preparations to exit Rachel's character could be underway.
Yes! Noticed how "Rachel's" wardrobe is a lot more conservative, and there has been a distinct lack of intimacy between Mike Ross and Rachel too?

I think we can state that there is a good 95% chance Meghan will not be returning to Suits after season 7. For me, that illustrates how serious Harry and Meghan's relationship is.

I suspect an engagement will occur around September 2018, and marriage around April-May 2019. I think after Meghan's Suits commitments/departure are done, she'll move in London, where she'll start some kind of "Princess" school. It seems the engagement period for the BRF is relatively short. William and Catherine's was about 6 months.
Old 08-21-2017, 01:51 AM
Nobility

Quote:
You're not alone in thinking that, it was mentioned on twitter a few times too. Interesting...

ETA: this is a unique relationship in that regard, that if we pay attention to Meghan's career, her actions in public, and yes, the script of Suits, we might get a glimpse or an idea which direction this relationship is going. As in, if she's going to be written off the show after season 7, there's bound to be trouble between Mike and Rachel on the show, giving Rachel a way out. That's happening with Mike's lies. There's been a noticeable shift in the way Rachel and Mike are being written, which to me hints, that there might be season 8 for suits, and Meghan might exit the show at the end of season 7. This is just my opinion, though.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:45 AM

I agree that Suits gives us a unique glimpse of what might be happening in this relationship. On Meghan's birthday, Patrick J Adams posted a congratulatory photo of her kissing him on the neck. It was subsequently deleted, followed by Patrick deleting his entire Instagram! A day or so later, this prolific social media user went on to delete his entire twitter account too. I have no idea what to make of this. Maybe some of you with more knowledge of the situation would have some insight.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:50 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esplanade View Post
I agree that Suits gives us a unique glimpse of what might be happening in this relationship. On Meghan's birthday, Patrick J Adams posted a congratulatory photo of her kissing him on the neck. It was subsequently deleted, followed by Patrick deleting his entire Instagram! A day or so later, this prolific social media user went on to delete his entire twitter account too. I have no idea what to make of this. Maybe some of you with more knowledge of the situation would have some insight.
I know there were trolls that was harassing him about it online. Beyond that, I have no clue.
Old 08-21-2017, 10:09 AM
Majesty

Quote:
mmmm... i don't watch suits: how could you tell that they were preparing meghan's exit?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-21-2017, 10:44 AM
Nobility

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
mmmm... i don't watch suits: how could you tell that they were preparing meghan's exit?
Shortly put, her fiance on the show is starting to lie to her and their boss about a work case, which will put the law firm, his and Rachel's position in the firm at risk.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Wasn't the original premise of the show that Mike was lying about being a lawyer, putting his position at the firm at risk?

I'd add too that isn't drama between the main couple (and really every other couple) a key plot point of just about every show?

Not saying she isn't being written off, but I do feel like "Rachel and Mike are having problems in the show, she must be about to be written off" seems a bit of a stretch.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post

As others said- the character she plays and that character's fiancé are being shown as having less and less time for each other, and he's making choices that put her career at risk, and one of her character's themes this season is how important her career is to her. It seems to me that they're setting it up to make it reasonable for Rachel to leave him and move away to focus on her career. It's been in nearly every episode and wouldn't surprise me if Meghan exits in the mid-season finale as Gina Torres did.

We'll see how it ends up going.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:15 PM
Aristocracy

Anyone know when the mid-season finale is set to air?
Old 08-21-2017, 12:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammaSueSue View Post
Anyone know when the mid-season finale is set to air?

I believe it is in mid September (September 13) and there are only four episodes left.

Interestingly enough, the mid-season finale airs 10 days before the start of the Invictus Games. If they chose to exit her character then, they could announce an engagement within days and then she could be officially present at the games, which would bring them a ton of international press.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I believe it is in mid September (September 13) and there are only four episodes left.

Interestingly enough, the mid-season finale airs 10 days before the start of the Invictus Games. If they chose to exit her character then, they could announce an engagement within days and then she could be officially present at the games, which would bring them a ton of international press.
Thanks...That is why I asked...So, keep your fingers crossed!!!
Old 08-21-2017, 12:34 PM
Heir Apparent

It would be lovely!
Old 08-21-2017, 12:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Wasn't the original premise of the show that Mike was lying about being a lawyer, putting his position at the firm at risk?

I'd add too that isn't drama between the main couple (and really every other couple) a key plot point of just about every show?

Not saying she isn't being written off, but I do feel like "Rachel and Mike are having problems in the show, she must be about to be written off" seems a bit of a stretch.

It seems a bit more this time, with him putting her at crossroads at the firm too, her career she's worked her behind off for years and years. IMHO there's a different vibe, but we shall see.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Do you watch the show at all? I've watched every season, and the difference is that in the past, Mike has always been honest with Rachel and prioritized her and her needs. He's not doing that now and he doesn't have good reasons for it. It's a marked shift in how that onscreen couple functions.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:46 PM
Aristocracy

Since I had not heard of the show until H & M started dating, much less watching it, it is great to hear from those of you who do watch it. Thanks for highlighting the differences to give us insight into the path as their relationship progresses.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:46 PM
Heir Apparent

I've not watched the last couple seasons, so I'm taking your word for it. I am disinclined to believe that relationship troubles on a show mean someone is being written off though simply because relationship troubles tend to be the core of any show that has relationships.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:49 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I've not watched the last couple seasons, so I'm taking your word for it. I am disinclined to believe that relationship troubles on a show mean someone is being written off though simply because relationship troubles tend to be the core of any show that has relationships.
Indeed...That is what keeps folks coming back for more...