The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 03:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTchic View Post
I am going to hazard a guess that maybe they will spend Thanksgiving in L.A with her family and friends there including her Dad since he was there last time and then they will go somewhere for a beach holiday afterwards for a week.

This is just my wild speculation given the fact that she went shopping at a swimwear store.
FYI I'm in the LA area for Thanksgiving at the moment (just sat down after doing some turkey prep) and it's 80s/low 90s F, so technically swim weather here now. Doesn't her dad live in Mexico these days? Maybe they'll visit him there. I mean at some point Harry needs to 'have a conversation with her dad' right?

Old 11-22-2017, 03:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
FYI I'm in the LA area for Thanksgiving at the moment (just sat down after doing some turkey prep) and it's 80s/low 90s F, so technically swim weather here now. Doesn't her dad live in Mexico these days? Maybe they'll visit him there. I mean at some point Harry needs to 'have a conversation with her dad' right?

Who's to say they haven't already had that conversation?

No sign of either of them today so far.

LaRae

Old 11-22-2017, 04:00 PM
Nobility

Why would anyone fly to London, from Toronto, just for a few days, then turn around and fly back to anywhere in North America?

I'm not buying the various theories being tossed around that Meghan is coming back to the US (or to Mexico to see her dad) for Thanksgiving. Travel across the US is a nightmare during this week. If she is going somewhere warm in the next few days where she can wear a new swimsuit on a beach it isn't likely to be in the western hemisphere. And, remember, all that is based upon the purchase of a swimsuit. One doesn't need a beach, warm or otherwise, to wear a swimsuit, lol.
Old 11-22-2017, 04:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystar View Post
Why would anyone fly to London, from Toronto, just for a few days, then turn around and fly back to anywhere in North America?

I'm not buying the various theories being tossed around that Meghan is coming back to the US (or to Mexico to see her dad) for Thanksgiving. Travel across the US is a nightmare during this week. If she is going somewhere warm in the next few days where she can wear a new swimsuit on a beach it isn't likely to be in the western hemisphere. And, remember, all that is based upon the purchase of a swimsuit. One doesn't need a beach, warm or otherwise, to wear a swimsuit, lol.
Bring on the hot tub!

But I do wonder: what has she been doing for a swimsuit if she needed to buy one? What tatty garment was she wearing when she frolicked in the ocean with Harry? Likely she bought some slinky cover-up. not so?
Old 11-22-2017, 04:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Bring on the hot tub!

But I do wonder: what has she been doing for a swimsuit if she needed to buy one? What tatty garment was she wearing when she frolicked in the ocean with Harry? Likely she bought some slinky cover-up. not so?
Hahaha! Now, now, don't go giving the tabloids reporters any new article ideas! But, I know some people buy swimsuits like others buy shoes or bags, so that doesn't really strike me as unusual.
Old 11-22-2017, 04:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Bring on the hot tub!

Or, she was buying a more conservative suit so that she could visit the BP swimming pool with Harry.

So many possibilities!
Old 11-22-2017, 04:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Bring on the hot tub!

They do have hot tubs in Norway I bet....

LaRae
Old 11-22-2017, 08:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
When one is in love. Itís completely understandable. Those two have shown that they treasure anytime they can spend with each other and isnít afraid to travel across the Atlantic just for a few days together.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

She has numerous times during their romance. The flight between London and Toronto is less then 8 hours. Not too bad. A good book, a movie or two. I live much further west, and trips to London are advertised by airlines as an affordable long weekend trip. We have direct flights now.

She does have to go back. Her dogs are there. Though her stuff is being backed by movers, likely has to still bring some over. Proper goodbye with her friends and so on.

Quote:
Some women look at bathing suits like another piece of fashion. Buying a new sexy one for a vacation like buying a new dress or piece of lingerie.

Maybe a romantic hot tub to celebrate an anniversary, or something else In Norway.

On second thought, perhaps a sauna. If they decide to revisit their little love nest under the northern lights.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/karenhu.../#7f6f8145745a
Old 11-23-2017, 12:12 AM
Royal Highness

Thanks for sharing that old article, which I missed earlier this year. Tromvik Lodge looks like a lovely, peaceful vacation setting in which to spend magical days with a loving companion.

Us Weekly rambles on about Meghan's final days on the set of Suits:

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...-on-suits-set/

I wonder if down the road (perhaps on a DVD of season 7) Suits fans might be treated to behind-the-scenes footage of the 100th episode celebrations, the final days of filming, and the poignant goodbyes. Perhaps many of the cast and some of the crew will meet up again next summer at Meghan/Harry's wedding?
Old 11-23-2017, 12:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

I'm hoping they repeat Norway, very romantic! Great opportunity to cement things.

LaRae
Old 11-23-2017, 01:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I'm hoping they repeat Norway, very romantic! Great opportunity to cement things.

LaRae
Jacuzzi under the northern lights (there is a picture here of the Jacuzzi and a view from it Gallery - Tromvik Lodge). champagne and a ring. Definitely as romantic as a safari proposal, for a couple who did it for their first trip together.
Old 11-23-2017, 03:43 PM
Aristocracy

Wow now a tonight special on Harry and Meghan on ITV! Did they expect an engagement today and scheduled time to report on that and it didnít happen. Not sure I get why they are showing this so soon after their last Harry and Meghan show. Very strange.
Old 11-23-2017, 03:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Lyman View Post
Wow now a tonight special on Harry and Meghan on ITV! Did they expect an engagement today and scheduled time to report on that and it didn’t happen. Not sure I get why they are showing this so soon after their last Harry and Meghan show. Very strange.
More details:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...nce-harry-itv/ Appears to be a rehash, focusing on what the establishment might think, and on how Meghan met Wills. The reference to 'Can Meghan Become Queen One Day' is preposterous and idiotic. It's better to temper this OTT excitement with some common sense, please!

Meghan's style evolution (including some of her early looks I haven't seen before):
https://www.today.com/slideshow/meghan-markle-t113191

Meghan's beauty tips from a 2016 interview:
https://www.today.com/style/meghan-m...p-hair-t119013

A great Meghan fashion resource:
Meghan's Fashion - What Meghan Markle Wore
Old 11-23-2017, 04:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think its only just starting. Everything is coming up Meghan as the world watches and waits for *that* announcement. Royal reporters are probably on 24/7 alert to be ready and willing and able to get the *big* scoop out.

I can just picture Harry and Meghan laughing and giggling together watching the world wait. It would be just like Harry to suggest "want to really whip them into a foam? Lets go shopping for nursery items."

All things in good time.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 11-23-2017, 04:39 PM
Majesty

Oh heavens Osipi, don't suggest that! Already we have magazine covers here in Australia stating that Harry and Meghan are having a baby. If they walked into a baby wear store and started looking around, the tabloids and everybody else would just go nuts!
Old 11-23-2017, 04:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think its only just starting. Everything is coming up Meghan as the world watches and waits for *that* announcement. Royal reporters are probably on 24/7 alert to be ready and willing and able to get the *big* scoop out.

I can just picture Harry and Meghan laughing and giggling together watching the world wait. It would be just like Harry to suggest "want to really whip them into a foam? Lets go shopping for nursery items."

All things in good time.
About that.. there has been a lot of chatter today in various places about imminent preparations:

Elaine Lu reports (http://www.laineygossip.com/uk-media...d-soon/48507):
  • she was woken up at 5am today by her phone blowing up from UK press contacts
  • UK press have been reaching out to secure appearances for commentary
  • Satellite windows have been booked
  • (in her opinion) the UK media seem to think it’s happening tomorrow

The satellite window booking was confirmed by Sunrise on 7 (Australian media), along with betting being suspended. https://twitter.com/sunriseon7/statu...68932816691201

Of course, it could be a lot of sound and fury signifying nothing.
Old 11-23-2017, 04:43 PM
Nobility

From journalist Sarah Robertson on Twitter :

Quote:
Sarah Robertson‏ @SarahRobertson5

Prince Harry and Meghan engagement announcement less than 24 hours away allegedly...#excitingtimes

20:19 - 23 nov. 2017
https://twitter.com/SarahRobertson5/...77011360845824
Old 11-23-2017, 04:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

If that is true, it's quicker than I was expecting it to be.
Old 11-23-2017, 04:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

All things in good time.
Osipi, I know you mean this in good-hearted jest, but the mere suggestion that these two would be that glued to their press (as Diana was btw, just came off that thread so Diana's issues are fresh in my mind) sends a chill down my spine.

As an actress Meghan would have been concerned about public perception for career reasons, but Harry having the same symbiotic relationship with the press (as his mother did) does not bode well. Not healthy. Yet it is said he is like Diana in many ways. Might this be one of the ways?

I hope for them both that they are completely within their own bubble world.