The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 04:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Based on old social media post, I do think they are friendly.
Gotcha, thanks! We know she's been going back/forth to London even before she met Harry so it makes sense she has friends we don't even know about too.

LaRae

Old 11-21-2017, 05:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, there’s our confirmation!

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-21-2017, 05:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I think wearing shades on an overcast London afternoon is a bit much. I’m not a big fan of her style.
Overcast skies can reflect an incredible glare if you have really light sensitive eyes, speaking as someone who can be seen regularly wearing "shades" all year round. Clear skies are often wonderful, no glare at all!

I think her style is definitely her own but the DF writers describing her jeans as skin tight are obvious loose and wrinkly!!
Old 11-21-2017, 05:15 PM
Heir Apparent

US Weekly upped their reporting and is saying an engagement announce in Jan and wedding in the summer. Something about Harry commissioning a ring using diamonds from a brooch Diana owned.

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...in-the-summer/
Old 11-21-2017, 05:33 PM
Courtier

Nope. Not buying it. Perhaps if People mag or another more reliable source reports the same, then give it more consideration.

This is certainly an exciting time though and I do think an announcement will come by January.
Old 11-21-2017, 06:11 PM
Aristocracy

Here you go!

http://people.com/royals/meghan-mark...on-palace/amp/
Old 11-21-2017, 06:14 PM
Aristocracy

People magazine hasn’t been a fully reliable source in a very long time.
Old 11-21-2017, 06:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

I do hope it's true he's using family diamonds to make her a ring!

LaRae
Old 11-21-2017, 06:27 PM
Majesty

The real clincher of course will be a couple of photos of Harry and Meghan over the next day or two. I'm really hoping for that, though the fact that she is in London and looks as if she has quickly organised storage of her things is great. It's intriguing that Meghan was visiting a swimwear store though. Perhaps a trip away somewhere warm, though probably not the Caribbean?
Old 11-21-2017, 06:36 PM
Aristocracy

I love that Meghan looks so chic and not trying to emulate anyone else's style. It is her own and she rocks it!
Old 11-21-2017, 06:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTchic View Post
I saw this and believe it to be true. However, I'm not buying that US weekly knows anything about an engagement announcement or ring. And I say that as someone who loves the idea of Harry giving Meghan a ring made with diamonds owned by his mother but I'm going to need more proof than an US Weekly "exclusive".
Old 11-21-2017, 06:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Archbishop of Canterbury has been asked and have no obligations, according to Richard Palmer from the Daily Express sources-
https://mobile.twitter.com/RoyalRepo...01266506416135

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-21-2017, 07:07 PM
Royal Highness

I wonder why Meghan was not at the anniversary dinner since she was in town? I know she and Harry are not engaged yet but the optics are kinda bad here. Where there any other girlfriend and boyfriends present?
Old 11-21-2017, 07:12 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
I wonder why Meghan was not at the anniversary dinner since she was in town? I know she and Harry are not engaged yet but the optics are kinda bad here. Where there any other girlfriend and boyfriends present?
Jack wasn't there also
Old 11-21-2017, 07:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
No, only spouses attended.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Nope not even Eugenie's boyfriend of 7 years was there.

LaRae
Old 11-21-2017, 07:15 PM
Commoner

Quote:

No bad optics. Eugenie’s boyfriend Jack was not there either.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
The idea of bad optics doesn't fit into the picture here. It was a family gathering to celebrate a private family occasion. The public and what they would see, hear or think never, at any time, entered the picture.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 11-21-2017, 07:24 PM
Royal Highness

Ok. Thanks for the info. No ring no bring applied here. Some of the DM commentors we're cackling with glee that Meghan wasn't there; proof her no show = a no go for the wedding. DM didn't bother to mention long time significant others were not on the guest list. I think the naysayers will have a meltdown if the engagement is announced.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbigail View Post
I saw this and believe it to be true. However, I'm not buying that US weekly knows anything about an engagement announcement or ring. And I say that as someone who loves the idea of Harry giving Meghan a ring made with diamonds owned by his mother but I'm going to need more proof than an US Weekly "exclusive".
US Weekly takes a little truth and embellishes it. People usually has the most reliable sources. Star magazine and the Enquirer are useless trashfic.

Quote:
I would assume the plan was to lay low until the anniversary was celebrated. I think the different palaces are working together so that events are not overshadowed. For example without any Meghan and Harry news Charles's tour was not overshadowed and The Queen's anniversary was the primary news. Now they are free to be seen.

Closed Thread