The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 02:18 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Say what you will about US tabloids like US Weekly and People but Variety is a legit trade news source. If they are reporting that Markle and Adams are likely leaving the show before an 8th season, then it's likely true.

I think we're going to see an engagement announcement from Harry and Meghan in early to mid-December

Old 11-14-2017, 04:23 AM
Commoner

Variety and The Hollywood Reporter have tweeted links to articles about both Meghan and Patrick leaving Suits.These are legit sources so maybe very true. On top of that, Wendell Pierce who plays Meghan's on screen father sub tweeted the Variety tweet saying 'my beloved on screen daughter'. Filming wraps up this week and I am trying to contain myself.

Emily Andrews dropped a tiny hint on Twitter that Harry and Meghan were away together recently so maybe a story will break about that soon but not from her as she is on maternity leave.

Old 11-14-2017, 04:44 AM
Majesty

Patrick we will have to wait and see. He and his wife have had a long distance relationship since dating. Not clear whether he'd drop the show for that.

But Meghan the writing has long been on the wall. Even if her and Harry aren't set to marry in summer as some of us suspect. If she signs for season 8, that would mean she would be filming until November 2018, a wedding best in 2019. I guess she could negotiate for a half season and be done in the summer, but that would still be looking at wedding in 2019. For a woman who would be going on 38 by then, if she and Harry want kids, that keeps pushing it.

The tweet from her on-screen dad seems to confirm her leaving at least.
Old 11-14-2017, 06:33 AM
Aristocracy

Variety and the Hollywood Reporter are pretty solid. They are industry publications, not tabliods. If they say both Meghan and Patrick are leaving I believe it.

And honestly, having a baby in your late 30's is very common now days. Or maybe it's just my circle of friends. So I'm not understanding the worry. If she was like 43, 44, then yeah, time to get a move on. But 36, 37? I'm not seeing the urgency. My guess is like any woman in her mid to late 30's, she's been in close contact with her gynecologist and is aware of anything she might need to look out for. And you never know, sometimes the issue getting pregnant lies with the guy.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:17 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliec76 View Post
Variety and the Hollywood Reporter are pretty solid. They are industry publications, not tabliods. If they say both Meghan and Patrick are leaving I believe it.

And honestly, having a baby in your late 30's is very common now days. Or maybe it's just my circle of friends. So I'm not understanding the worry. If she was like 43, 44, then yeah, time to get a move on. But 36, 37? I'm not seeing the urgency. My guess is like any woman in her mid to late 30's, she's been in close contact with her gynecologist and is aware of anything she might need to look out for. And you never know, sometimes the issue getting pregnant lies with the guy.
I remember a thread where you picked out a past royal you'd love to spend time with and I picked Henry VIII because I would have loved to have seen his face when presented with the scientific fact that its the male that determines the sex of the child. Would have thrown him for a huge loop methinks.

Variety has been the go to trade paper for the entertainment industry for decades and to me, its like the Telegraph in the UK rather than the Daily Fail.
The more information that has been coming out surrounding season 8 for Suits all points to the fact that Meghan will be leaving in order to go onto bigger and better things that she wants to do with her life and the handwriting on the wall points to one culprit that we all know has a name that starts with the letter H and ends with Y with ARR in the middle.

How this couple will work things from the point of both being free and clear to move their relationship forward is anyone's guess at this point but that relationship train is leaving the station. We just don't know the ETA of it at its destination yet.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:40 AM
Nobility

I saw the news of Meghan and Patrick leaving Suits from industry publications so I believe the news is true. I see the engagement announcement after the queen and the D of E's anniversary. I wonder if the cast will be in the guest list?
Old 11-14-2017, 07:57 AM
Heir Apparent

I could see them waiting till after the holiday season though. Jan announcement.

Could be tomorrow...you never know.

LaRae
Old 11-14-2017, 08:36 AM
Courtier

I’m not that surprised about Patrick. I know he’s talked about itching to move on to something new in the past when he talked about season 7. I definitely didn’t think additional seasons were in his plans, which is why I was surprised by season 8 renewal. But this all works out now. I think it’s quite clear Meghan isn’t coming back now.

As for Emily Andrews’ comment about them being away. I know we were expecting Meghan to film until 15th bc that’s the last day of filming, but Sarah Rafferty filmed all her scenes by Monday. Wouldn’t surprise me a bit if Meghan has finished early as well.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:44 AM
Nobility

If Hello is reliable, it's official Patrick is leaving

https://us.hellomagazine.com/celebri...leaving-suits/
Old 11-14-2017, 12:51 PM
Nobility

I think Variety is a legit industry publication, I believe their report of Meghan and Patrick leaving.

I think the filming is pretty much wrapped, and I'm making a guess, that Meghan will very soon appear in UK. I can't wait to see what happens with them next.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:51 PM
Aristocracy

Well, whether Patrick wanted to leave or not, if Meghan's not renewing and the showrunners didn't have a plan for his character that didn't involved her, then it may not have been in his hands.

And the delay in the network announcing another season for Suits may be them wanting to see the next direction the writers have in mind, given that they lost their lead after last season and now are losing a whole storyline with the departure of these two.

That's all tangential to this thread, though. Meghan is really, one way or another, moving on to a new chapter in her life! It's (maybe) happening! Just in time for American Thanksgiving...I mean, any degree of change or forward momentum is something for us royal-watchers to be thankful for, don't you think? If only because it's at least a slight tweak to the on-alert-but-nothing's-happening loop we've been stuck in for a while.
Old 11-14-2017, 02:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I could see them waiting till after the holiday season though. Jan announcement.

Could be tomorrow...you never know.

LaRae
I tend to think it will be January too, but I wouldn't mind being wrong and it be this month.
Old 11-14-2017, 02:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
I think Variety is a legit industry publication, I believe their report of Meghan and Patrick leaving.

I think the filming is pretty much wrapped, and I'm making a guess, that Meghan will very soon appear in UK. I can't wait to see what happens with them next.
I was just thinking the same thing. If she is finished with filming, then she is free to move to the UK now and hopefully there will be more sightings of her and Harry.
Old 11-14-2017, 02:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Saw a Twitter pic earlier today of Meghan at a (end of shoot?) party with some of the Suits people.

LaRae
Old 11-14-2017, 02:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

It seems like everything is falling into place.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-14-2017, 03:43 PM
Heir Apparent

We will know soon enough I think! Within the next 60 days or so I expect something.

LaRae
Old 11-14-2017, 04:08 PM
Gentry

I think things have worked out nicely for Meghan. Suits is pretty much on it's last legs and 7 seasons is quite an achievement for any show. Seems like the best time to bow out!

I personally would hold off on an engagement announcement until she's lived in England for a few months. Simply because I'm not sure how it will go down with the British taxpayers if they are suddenly expected to start funding a lady that has never lived in the UK or contributed in any way to British society. It will reek of entitlement.
Old 11-14-2017, 04:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Anyone Harry gets engaged to will need RPO's ...doesn't matter if she's a Brit or from Outer Mongolia. How is it entitlement for them to need funding for RPO's?

Not sure what other funding you could mean?

LaRae
Old 11-14-2017, 04:46 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Anyone Harry gets engaged to will need RPO's ...doesn't matter if she's a Brit or from Outer Mongolia. How is it entitlement for them to need funding for RPO's?

Not sure what other funding you could mean?

LaRae
Who said anything about not giving Meghan an RPO upon engagement? That was not my argument at all. I think you misunderstood my point. I was talking about the timing of an engagement announcement & why I think it should be delayed till at least Meghan has lived in the UK for a short period. Of course once they get engaged she will be entitled to an RPO.
Old 11-14-2017, 05:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Then what funding are you talking about? She won't be using taxpayer funding if she lives in the UK as a private citizen. She does have her own means of support.

LaRae

Closed Thread