The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-05-2017, 04:17 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
It seems like the Fail is trying to allude to the idea that Meghan will be doing things independently of the royal family. To me, this is a preposterous notion that has no legs to stand on.

It just doesn't make sense that if Meghan is to move to the UK, become engaged and then married to Harry that she be going off the books of how things are done and strike out independently. It almost seems to make her marriage into the BRF an afterthought or something that will only be part of her life in the UK. Not going to happen.

I'm sure that, in time, she will have her own specific interests and charities but it will be done within the framework of the "Firm" such as Kate's are and Sophie's are and Harry's are and William and Charles' are. She may remain continuing to work as an ambassador for the UN but not without the royal stamp of approval and blessings of the "Firm".

If Meghan marries Harry, her first and foremost obligations will be to Harry's public life and that is the family business. I don't see her acting in any other way.

Old 11-05-2017, 07:51 AM
Courtier

I hope Meghan continues her work for clean water and women's MHM with World Vision and her work with the UN, even after a engagement and marriage. She can certainly take on other things as well, but if these are issues she cares about then I don't see why she shouldn't continue being involved.

Old 11-05-2017, 08:20 AM
Nobility

DM is trying to do filler stories until an announcement is made. I notice the tone has somewhat changed, showing Meaghan has a drive for humanitarianism, and laying off the golddigging 'hood rat angle it ran before. I think DM believes the engagement is on and it wants to stay on the good side of BP, CH & KP.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:24 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I don't see any reason why she couldn't continue on with this project even after marriage to Harry. One thing I imagine that will happen though is that it won't be announced until after the wedding and the time comes for Meghan to pick and choose the areas she wants to be involved with. Similar to what Kate did after marriage. If and when it is announced that she will continue doing work that she's already been involved with, it will be with the "Firm's" blessing.

I really don't think we're going to see much on the charity front with Meghan in the UK until after an engagement announcement and then maybe not even until after the wedding. Who knows? They may just surprise us. One thing I do know though is that the Daily Fail has no more of a clue of what's coming next than we do.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:01 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I don't see any reason why she couldn't continue on with this project even after marriage to Harry. One thing I imagine that will happen though is that it won't be announced until after the wedding and the time comes for Meghan to pick and choose the areas she wants to be involved with. Similar to what Kate did after marriage. If and when it is announced that she will continue doing work that she's already been involved with, it will be with the "Firm's" blessing.

I really don't think we're going to see much on the charity front with Meghan in the UK until after an engagement announcement and then maybe not even until after the wedding. Who knows? They may just surprise us. One thing I do know though is that the Daily Fail has no more of a clue of what's coming next than we do.
Meghan's situation is a little different though- she's already actively involved with World Vision and the UN. Even though Kate was involved in some charity fundraising (and I think her parents' company is involved in Make A Wish) I'm not sure how much she was affliated with any specific organization. I think Meghan can continue her current affiliations and add to them if/when she joins the BRF.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:18 PM
Heir Apparent

No Rush to the Altar for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Will Get to the Church in Their Own Time
Old 11-05-2017, 01:46 PM
Nobility

I can't take seriously an analysis that rests on "And Meghan is still fulfilling her contractual obligations, not leaving Canada early and breaking her contract" as evidence against a marriage anytime soon.

If in February, word gets out that she's doing season 8, then I'll wonder what's up. But with Suits still filming, what other option does she have but to do her job?
Old 11-05-2017, 01:55 PM
Royal Highness

If Meghan already know the Queen is because the relationship is serious. The Queen was going to get a girlfriend of Harry if the relationship was not serious. I believe it must be decided when the appointment will be announced. Now we have to wait.
Old 11-05-2017, 02:12 PM
Nobility

The main conclusion of the article is that nobody knows except the two of them - and that is as it should be until they decide yo makd it public. So, any conclusion in any direction probably says more about the person commenting than about Harry and Meghan.
Old 11-05-2017, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Actually, if she does not continue (at least to some extent) her current good workings, the BRF will be tarred and feathered by the press. The headlines would somewhat accurately run "Needy charity told to beggar off by the BRF" or "BRF stiffs UN charities."

The best way to handle this from a PR POV is for MM to sever no ties, but to realign how she allocates her time overall and over time. It will be a progression, and like all the young royals, when and if she joins the firm, she will have a say in the projects she supports.
Old 11-05-2017, 03:00 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

The difference with Kate and Meghan is Kate wasn't involved with any charity work before the wedding. She wasn't aligned with any group. It seems like something she should have figured out at least in engagement, but it took time after marriage (almost a year) for her to announce patronages. There was nothing for her to present to the RF and get their stamp of approval on.

Meghan on the other hand is already very active in charity work. There is no reason to believe she will have to wait to get the stamp of approval on her charity work from the queen.

Certainly there will be other charities she will take on, British charities, and that will take time to work out. But there is no reason to believe, simply because Kate took a while to choose her charities, that Meghan will be held to the same time line.

I do hope she takes on some of the more art and cultural charities in the UK. Other then the national portrait gallery for Kate, none of the young working royals seem to have taken on any interest in those areas. And when the older royals retire, that will leave a huge deficit. Yes, mental health and such are important, but there are many areas of British life that can get focus.
Old 11-05-2017, 03:48 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
If Meghan already know the Queen is because the relationship is serious. The Queen was going to get a girlfriend of Harry if the relationship was not serious. I believe it must be decided when the appointment will be announced. Now we have to wait.

They reported that she flew for 3 days to especially meet the Queen. A casual meeting could of waited unless it was about something special and important. Perhaps waiting for the green light.
Old 11-05-2017, 03:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
The difference with Kate and Meghan is Kate wasn't involved with any charity work before the wedding. She wasn't aligned with any group. It seems like something she should have figured out at least in engagement, but it took time after marriage (almost a year) for her to announce patronages. There was nothing for her to present to the RF and get their stamp of approval on.

Meghan on the other hand is already very active in charity work. There is no reason to believe she will have to wait to get the stamp of approval on her charity work from the queen.

Certainly there will be other charities she will take on, British charities, and that will take time to work out. But there is no reason to believe, simply because Kate took a while to choose her charities, that Meghan will be held to the same time line.

I do hope she takes on some of the more art and cultural charities in the UK. Other then the national portrait gallery for Kate, none of the young working royals seem to have taken on any interest in those areas. And when the older royals retire, that will leave a huge deficit. Yes, mental health and such are important, but there are many areas of British life that can get focus.
Catherine and her family were involved with the Starlight Foundation before her engagement to William. She also organized a roller skate glo disco event to raise money for Tom’s Ward. A Ward at Children’s Hospital. All in memory of her late friend.

Meghan can continue her charitable interest while in London.

We all just have to be patient on Harry and Meghan.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-05-2017, 04:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
I can't take seriously an analysis that rests on "And Meghan is still fulfilling her contractual obligations, not leaving Canada early and breaking her contract" as evidence against a marriage anytime soon.

If in February, word gets out that she's doing season 8, then I'll wonder what's up. But with Suits still filming, what other option does she have but to do her job?
I mean where they really expecting she was just going to peace out in the middle of her contract? So she could get sued? Not to mention the hit to her reputation. There is absolutely nothing about Meghan that would suggest she'd be that cavalier about her career or her obligations. Nor would Harry want her to.

I'm pretty prepared not to hear anything engagement wise this month. Maybe even not this year. And I honestly wouldn't read anything into it. Now if we get to like March or something and we've heard nothing, I might raise an eyebrow.

I do have to laugh, because wasn't the media just suggesting things were moving too fast? Now they're dragging their feet? Meghan and Harry can't win for losing, which is why I hope they continue to block out all the extra noise and proceed at the pace they see fit.
Old 11-05-2017, 04:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
They reported that she flew for 3 days to especially meet the Queen. A casual meeting could of waited unless it was about something special and important. Perhaps waiting for the green light.
I don't know if I believe the whole she flew in just to meet the Queen part. She certainly wouldn't need 3 days to meet the Queen. And she did have a break from filming since we know her costars travelled during that time too.
Old 11-05-2017, 05:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

It’s hard for the British media to get a better understanding on Harry and Meghan, because she don’t live in the UK.

Once William and Catherine moved in together at their cottage in Wales, folks got a better sense where things were going for that couple.

If Meghan moves to London with Harry, things will become more clear to everyone. Right now, the couple slip in and out of the country to see each other without much notice. We just have to wait and see how this will play out.

Although, the reports of her going to meet The Queen kinda gives us a slight hint.

From what we’ve seen so far; there’s a lot of mature love and close bond between the two. Good sign!

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-05-2017, 06:47 PM
Majesty

When (and if) Megham moves permanently to the UK I think she will have to relinquish her World Vision work as she is a global ambassador for World Vision Canada and she will obviously no longer be in Canada.

She has also worked for the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women as an Advocate. She is an excellent speaker and an ardent believer in her cause and would hopefully be able to continue that work.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
When (and if) Megham moves permanently to the UK I think she will have to relinquish her World Vision work as she is a global ambassador for World Vision Canada and she will obviously no longer be in Canada.

She has also worked for the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women as an Advocate. She is an excellent speaker and an ardent believer in her cause and would hopefully be able to continue that work.
There is a World Vision UK-I imagine she can transfer.
Old 11-05-2017, 07:39 PM
Majesty

She was "invited" by World Vision Canada and I should imagine she would have to be "invited" by World Vision UK and we can't really take anything for granted. They probably already have someone fulfilling that roll.
Old 11-05-2017, 07:40 PM
Majesty

The great thing about world vision is its an International group. While she did work for the Canadian branch, there is no reason to think she couldn't work for World Vision International. It has offices in London.

Nor does world vision Canada require you to be living in Canada to represent them. As their work is done over seas. One of the longest running celebrities involved in the Canadian branch is Alex Trebek. Alex has been an US citizen for almost 20 years now, and lives there, but has maintained his place with the Canadian world vision.

Certainly wouldn't be the only British royal who has patronages in other commonwealth countries.

Quote:
She was "invited" by World Vision Canada and I should imagine she would have to be "invited" by World Vision UK and we can't really take anything for granted. They probably already have someone fulfilling that roll.
They are global ambassadors, and an unpaid roll. Its not something they are limited to one person who does the roll. The celebrities simply bring attention to their cause and the work that they are doing. Its not a matter of 'oh we already have an ambassador we don't need any other'.

The only issue would be if there was already a royal patron (though there are some charities with more than one). But I don't believe any BRF are involved.