Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-03-2017, 07:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Everyone must remain patient!

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-03-2017, 07:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Like we have any other option? LOL

Harry, Meghan if you are reading this...get on with it!

LaRae

Old 11-03-2017, 07:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Like we have any other option? LOL

Harry, Meghan if you are reading this...get on with it!

LaRae
Lol, that’s all we can do though. Been down this road before and it plucked my nerve, lol.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-03-2017, 07:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Lol, that’s all we can do though. Been down this road before and it plucked my nerve, lol.
I think if there's not an announcement by 12/31 there are people here that are gonna snap
Old 11-03-2017, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator

I think we all have to remember that this is a real-life relationship and that all the scenarios and events that supposedly dictate when an engagement will be announced have nothing whatsoever to do with it.

Harry and Meghan will decided if and when they become engaged and they will do so at a time and pace that suits them as a couple. It won't be based upon other peoples' expectations nor will it be influenced by international holidays, the royal calendar, the scheduling of US TV shows or, if it comes to it, the phase of the moon.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:19 AM
Nobility

I think the producers of Suits are milking H & M for all the publicity they can get. Just go ahead and announce Season 8 and get it over with. Meghan's departure would not greatly impact the show; she's a supporting character.
Old 11-04-2017, 10:54 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Most likely if Meghan's contract is up after this season, chances are that so are a whole lot of other contracts up for renewal. There are probably a lot of negotiations going on now and still determining if there is going to be a season 8.

Harry and Meghan's relationship really has had no impact whatsoever on the show.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:02 AM
Nobility

If they want to renew for season 8, they would most likely prefer to keep Meghan as she is one of the 6 key characters (of which they already lost one). So, if Meghan does not renew because of her relationship with Harry it has a direct impact on the storyline of the show.

I am pretty sure that need to know by now whether the show continues as the last episode either needs to be the big finale or the set-up for next season (invluding the writing off of characters).

Of course, Meghan's decision in itself will not determine whether the show will continue. Almost any cast member can be replaced (Downton Abbey is a clear example of this principle).
Old 11-04-2017, 02:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Most likely if Meghan's contract is up after this season, chances are that so are a whole lot of other contracts up for renewal. There are probably a lot of negotiations going on now and still determining if there is going to be a season 8.

Harry and Meghan's relationship really has had no impact whatsoever on the show.
AFAIK everyone's contract ended with Season 7. It has only been said Suits might be picked up for an 8th season. Sometimes renewing is too expensive.
I think the storyline was probably flexible enough that it can continue or not, but I think Meghan has already told them what she expects to do, be it continue for another season or half a season or leave to move to England.
Old 11-04-2017, 03:01 PM
Majesty

As her character will have to be written out, I have little doubt that that she has told them quite a while ago one or another. There is only a few more weeks of filming for the season. I guess they could go the way of killing or writing the character off but off screen but that rarely works well.

They announced renwal for season 7 back in August. I doubt the show doesn't already know the network is willing or not to renew them. But yes, Meghan is not the only one whose contract is up for renewal right now. So they are probably busy negotiating everyone's contracts and figuring out what to do with the next season with whoever they have left.
Old 11-04-2017, 06:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
AFAIK everyone's contract ended with Season 7. It has only been said Suits might be picked up for an 8th season. Sometimes renewing is too expensive.
I think the storyline was probably flexible enough that it can continue or not, but I think Meghan has already told them what she expects to do, be it continue for another season or half a season or leave to move to England.
What's interesting is that Gina Torres' contract ended with Season 6, so I'm curious about why she had a different deal from everyone else.

With that said, it's only officially that it's been said that it might be picked up. Aaron Korsch, who I'd think has the most information, is quite confident of an 8th season and thinks there'll probably be a 9th. The show is still USA Network's best rated scripted show, so I don't think his confidence is misplaced.

FWIW, I'd argue an earlier statement from another poster that Meghan is just a supporting player. She's got above the title credits, which is significant. Her departure would profoundly impact the show's storylines and relationships, which isn't true of, say, Amanda Schull. I agree that if she's leaving, she's already told them, precisely because her absence will itself be a storyline in the same way that GT's was.
Old 11-04-2017, 06:28 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
What's interesting is that Gina Torres' contract ended with Season 6, so I'm curious about why she had a different deal from everyone else.

With that said, it's only officially that it's been said that it might be picked up. Aaron Korsch, who I'd think has the most information, is quite confident of an 8th season and thinks there'll probably be a 9th. The show is still USA Network's best rated scripted show, so I don't think his confidence is misplaced.

FWIW, I'd argue an earlier statement from another poster that Meghan is just a supporting player. She's got above the title credits, which is significant. Her departure would profoundly impact the show's storylines and relationships, which isn't true of, say, Amanda Schull. I agree that if she's leaving, she's already told them, precisely because her absence will itself be a storyline in the same way that GT's was.
I strongly agree with the bolded. She's the long time love interest of one of the main characters. Neither of their characters have had any other serious long-term relationships on the show. Just a fling here or there. So I'd say Meghan leaving would affect the storyline greatly. Specifically the storyline of one of the main characters. I'm sure she has let the show in on her plans (whatever they are) as early as possible. That's just professional courtesy.

I would have to disagree with whoever said that the show is milking Harry and Meghan's relationship. I'd say it's quite the opposite. They've pulled Meghan back from basically all publicity and promotion for the show, for the better part of a year. Milking it, would be them making her to keep going out and doing interviews, etc, knowing that people will tune in/read it because there would be interest in what she might say. Putting her in difficult and awkward situations where people might ask about her private life and she'd have to dance around it. That would be milking it. The fact that more people might be interested in the show because of her relationship is not something Meghan or the show can control.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:08 PM

Quote:

She was married to Laurence Fishburne with a kid and was commuting to film for the last 2 years so when they re-upped the last time she signed a shorter deal .
Still didn't save her marriage as they split around the time she left the show.For 3 years he was also filming Hannibal in Toronto the problems came when that was cancelled and the family moved back to LA
Old 11-05-2017, 12:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

I believe everyone’s contract was up in Season 5, with most of the cast signing on for another 2 years. Gina Torres chose not to do that, and instead agreed to do half of season 6 to write her character off.

Since then, the show she left Suits for has been cancelled, and her marriage has ended, so she’s returned more to the Suits world.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:20 AM
Nobility

Thanks both Ish and Humbugged.

I'd looked for details about the original contract length and the only thing I'd seen was a claim that it was 7 years, which didn't sound right to me when you consider GT.

I appreciate the clarification.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:43 AM
Heir Apparent

According to the Fail Meghan intends to set up her own charity organisation when she moves to London this month, which 'may' clash with Royal charities.

Meghan 'may' do a lot of things when she moves to London. Or she may not.

Prince Harry's girlfriend Meghan Markle moving to London | Daily Mail Online
Old 11-05-2017, 01:53 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
According to the Fail Meghan intends to set up her own charity organisation when she moves to London this month, which 'may' clash with Royal charities.

Meghan 'may' do a lot of things when she moves to London. Or she may not.

Prince Harry's girlfriend Meghan Markle moving to London | Daily Mail Online
Load of rubbish

Not even get started on the paper work and issues starting up a charity in a foreign country even if we wanted to believe the fail.

There may be some truth in that she plans to continue her global work with women. She cant volunteer IN the UK without a visa. But she could continue her work abroad with the UN and World vision if she moves to London. The DM usually has some tiny bit of truth to their stories.
Old 11-05-2017, 02:07 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Load of rubbish

Not even get started on the paper work and issues starting up a charity in a foreign country even if we wanted to believe the fail.

There may be some truth in that she plans to continue her global work with women. She cant volunteer IN the UK without a visa. But she could continue her work abroad with the UN and World vision if she moves to London. The DM usually has some tiny bit of truth to their stories.
My guess is she might continue working with the charities she already works with since they are global. But that doesn't sound sexy enough and controversial enough or fit into the caricature they have been trying to make of her. The Fail indeed. They didn't even try and pretend like they had a "source".
Old 11-05-2017, 04:01 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Load of rubbish

Highly doubt she'll actually start her own charity. It's unlikely that her and Harry wouldn't be announcing an engagement within months of her moving there. If that's the case, she'll be part of the royal foundation once married.
Old 11-05-2017, 04:10 AM
Majesty

That doesn't mean she wont have other charities she is involved with. All three of the others do, like Kate's art gallery patronage.

As I said, its not a simple matter for a foreigner to set up their own charity over seas, and no reason for her to. But there is good reason to think she would continue her own charity work, with the UN and world vision, at least until marriage.

I actually hope she will continue with the UN at least. Most royal families have at least one member who is involved with the UN in some form. It would be great to see a member of the BRF be involved in some form. Meghan already has her foot in. Would be a shame for her not to continue. And there is nothing 'political' about her involvement, to conflict. She works in promoting safe sanitation for women. And water.