The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 04:28 PM
Courtier

If there is to be a wedding in May or June, engagement announcement late November or December. If no wedding until July maybe not until January. Only basing this on the 6 month fiancee visa.

Old 11-02-2017, 04:32 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Whoa...very nice! It doesn't get more regal than that. I can't imagine being LUCKY enough to reside at Luckington Court!

It looks like Luckington Court might just be the perfect place for the couple. It has a beautiful feel to it.

Old 11-02-2017, 04:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Luckington Court might just be the perfect place for the couple.
At £7.75 million, and an estate of 145 acres it seems rather large and expensive for 'newly-weds', no matter their rank. It is also overpriced because it was filmed for 'Pride and Prejudice', and is consequently 'famous'.
Unless Harry can persuade the Duchy of Cornwall to add it to their portfolio [and farm the land] I think its very unlikely.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:47 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
At £7.75 million, and an estate of 145 acres it seems rather large and expensive for 'newly-weds', no matter their rank.
Unless Harry can persuade the Duchy of Cornwall to add it to their portfolio [and farm the land] I think its very unlikely
I wonder why they would even bother to go and spend two hours looking at it then. It seems I read something somewhere about the fact that he did want a place big enough for his own polo field, and this home is only eight miles away from Prince Charles' Highgrove estate. The price has already been dropped once, I believe.

We probably need to move this discussion over to the "Possible home for Prince Harry" thread.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
why they would even bother to go and spend two hours looking at it then.
We only have the word of a blogger who lifted it from the 'Daily Express' that they did... scarcely 'gospel' tbh !
Old 11-02-2017, 05:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Yeah sorry I don't believe the tabloids for a second...until Harry says I am house hunting or we have other very credible proof...it's just media trying to sell magazines.

LaRae
Old 11-02-2017, 06:43 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
FWIW, Richard Palmer had the following exchange on Twitter this morning:

source: https://twitter.com/RoyalReporter/st...49433345396736

I myself am not convinced that they'll see a need to wait until the shows have aired. Meghan did virtually nothing promotional during the 2016 winter hiatus between 6A and 6B, so I don't see why she'd do it between 7A and 7B. All of her castmates were travelling around (Sarah and Rick went to Australia and NZ, for instance) and doing promos and interviews.

The only promotional items she did at all since the news broke were:
  • a short interview clip, done by USA Networks as part of their broadcast promo commercials
  • the Texas readthru
  • the VF article
She probably is completely done with doing traditional promotional work. That ended when she was outed as Harry's girlfriend. But my thoughts are more along the lines that waiting until the show has aired lets it a completely finished chapter in her life. An engagement announcement can then mark a clean start to the next phase. It also buys her some buffer time to essentially close out her "Meghan Markle life" and transition into royal life.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytick View Post
She probably is completely done with doing traditional promotional work. That ended when she was outed as Harry's girlfriend. But my thoughts are more along the lines that waiting until the show has aired lets it a completely finished chapter in her life. An engagement announcement can then mark a clean start to the next phase. It also buys her some buffer time to essentially close out her "Meghan Markle life" and transition into royal life.
I see the elegance of that solution, but I do think it leaves a lot of people in limbo. I strongly feel that the renewal will be announced at the same time as the cast list for season 8 (mostly because if they announced the renewal but not Meghan's status, they would *drown* in questions). And waiting until March to announce the renewal really isn't fair to the other actors and crew. Nor is it especially practical since the information will likely leak before that anyway.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:47 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think the main thing we're looking at here is Meghan's contract with Suits expiring. The show and the cast aren't going to center their renewals and contracts and air dates or anything around Meghan and Harry. If Meghan is not renewing her contract, then Suits will go ahead and do their thing and she will be free and clear of all commitments to Suits.

Once Meghan's contract is over and done with, then she's free to do as she pleases and teach hula dancing in Alaska if she wants. I pretty much think everything has been worked out, the time line established for what will happen next and when and perhaps even being implemented as we speak. The public just hasn't been informed. We will be the last to know of any developments and that's how it should be.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:50 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think the main thing we're looking at here is Meghan's contract with Suits expiring. The show and the cast aren't going to center their renewals and contracts and air dates or anything around Meghan and Harry. If Meghan is not renewing her contract, then Suits will go ahead and do their thing and she will be free and clear of all commitments to Suits.

Once Meghan's contract is over and done with, then she's free to do as she pleases and teach hula dancing in Alaska if she wants. I pretty much think everything has been worked out, the time line established for what will happen next and when and perhaps even being implemented as we speak. The public just hasn't been informed. We will be the last to know of any developments and that's how it should be.
Very good point. I think some in the public having been trying to read into the fact that Suits hasn't been announced for renewal yet, thinking that the delay has to do with Meghan. But everyone was on a seven year contract, so the whole casts contracts end at the end of season 7. Meaning Meghan or no Meghan, everyone's contracts were going to be renegotiated. And it's the success, or lack thereof of those negotiations that will determine Suits future. The USA Network is not planning it's shows around Meghan and Harry. And Meghan seems to have a very good relationship with her coworkers and would never expect that.

As for Meghan's contract and ending her part in the series, yes that has probably all been worked out and decided on. I think Suits has been very kind to her. They haven't really made her do any press, and they could have if they wanted to, because I guarantee it's in her contract. As for press/ publicity for the back half of season 7, I can see them having her do one print piece (easier to control) as a farewell to the show, and that will probably be it.

With all of this I'm just more and more convinced we won't be hearing anything about an engagement this month. It's just my gut feeling.
Old 11-03-2017, 12:41 AM
Nobility

I am pretty sure that Meghan dating Harry has given them a lot of free publicity, so oficially she might not have done much but I am sure the show has benefitted from her non-promotion.
Old 11-03-2017, 12:51 AM
Majesty

It certainly wouldn't hurt the show. Likely many people who hadn't seen the show before, started watching to see who she was.
Old 11-03-2017, 01:10 AM
Aristocracy

Yes it has definitely helped the show, but it's probably also been a bit of a pain. But they all seem to think highly of Meghan, so I'm sure it's not something the hold against her or anything. And I don't see Meghan being a diva or anything, so she's probably tried to keep any disruption on her end to a minimum.
Old 11-03-2017, 01:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliec76 View Post
Yes it has definitely helped the show, but it's probably also been a bit of a pain. But they all seem to think highly of Meghan, so I'm sure it's not something the hold against her or anything. And I don't see Meghan being a diva or anything, so she's probably tried to keep any disruption on her end to a minimum.
Shows deal with their stars and their personal lives all the time. Sometimes it brings some spotlight. Show producers are used to this. As long as it isn't Negative press, its not going to affect her position on the show. Right now it just meant a bit of added security needed.

The show is likely thankful they are dealing with a 'royal romance' and not the kind of scandal 'House of cards' is now trying to survive.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:19 AM
Majesty

Sometimes too, an actor or actress will announce that they're leaving the show during the airing of their last season such as Michael Weatherly (Tony) did with NCIS and now Pauley Perrette (Abby) is doing. People in series such as these and Suits do move on. That's the beauty of these shows. No one character is the central focus that makes or breaks the show or the storylines.

It does stand to reason though that Meghan would not announce or make public any future plans until after her commitment to Suits is over and done with. Suits has been kind to her and the last thing she'd want to do is look like she's using Suits as a springboard to better and brighter things in her life ahead of her. To me, that shows loyalty and consideration for those that she has worked with closely for the past seven years. It also shows me that if this is part of her character makeup, then Harry's found the right woman that will embrace his lifestyle and all that comes with it with the same dedication that she's given to Suits.

Personally, I think Harry has grabbed the brass ring on the merry-go-round of life.

The more I thought about this post, the more I'm inclined to think that one of the big reasons why Meghan hasn't been so "out there" promoting Suits or even being overly vocal about her relationship with Harry and the possibility of becoming his bride is that its possible at the back of her mind, she doesn't want to be seen as trying to draw focus away from Suits and its cast. With all the intense interest in her since the news of the relationship broke in the public eye, she's doing all she can to *not* make it all about her and her love interest. She's not that kind of a self seeking attention grabbing person. That also shows character. The more I get to know about this person, the more I like her.
Old 11-03-2017, 12:27 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
I see the elegance of that solution, but I do think it leaves a lot of people in limbo. I strongly feel that the renewal will be announced at the same time as the cast list for season 8 (mostly because if they announced the renewal but not Meghan's status, they would *drown* in questions). And waiting until March to announce the renewal really isn't fair to the other actors and crew. Nor is it especially practical since the information will likely leak before that anyway.
I'm not at all suggesting the announcement of the show's renewal would wait, only the announcement of an engagement.
Old 11-03-2017, 12:47 PM
Majesty

I agree with you loonytick. Meghan seems to be the kind of person that wouldn't want anything to "steal the thunder" of Suits or anything else for that matter. When all is said and done and things are all in place, it'll be time to announce an engagement. She'll want to be totally free and clear of Suits and have her ducks all in a row and settled before moving forward with a big announcement.

If this is how she is planning to do things, that shows me too that she'll fit in nicely working *with* the BRF rather than just *for* the BRF. She does seem to work nicely with people as a team effort.
Old 11-03-2017, 04:48 PM
Aristocracy

I've said before that I think an engagement announcement will come January, at the latest and I'm sticking to that. I don't see them waiting until after the last episodes have aired nor do I see the need to do so. If she truly is done with the show after filming wraps and has decided to move to London afterwards, then she will have decided to move on to the next chapter of her life. No need to delay an engagement or announcement if they are ready to take that step.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:59 PM
Royal Highness

I also think that by the end of the year there will be an engagement announcement. There is no need to wait for the end of the broadcast of episodes of the series.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:51 PM
Courtier

My guess is that the date of the engagement announcement will depend on when they plan to marry. They’re not going to announce it a year before, it’s just not how the BRF does things. So, if they marry in May I can see an announcement in December, but if they marry in July I don’t expect an announcement before February.

Closed Thread