The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 11:17 PM
Aristocracy

Maybe she will fly over, we see a few sightings, and announcement is made of engagement and that Meghan has already moved there. She might be able to do some of her own charity work. Until any announcement, we’ve all got ants in our pants!

Old 11-02-2017, 02:26 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I don't believe that for a minute!

Dogs always come right to me, and I simply can't stand them!
If they know that instinctively, you'd think they would keep their distance, yet they NEVER do!
But you misunderstand. Some dogs may want you to like them and they can sense your discomfort. So they head straight over to you either to intimidate or to cajole. And most definitely to sniff your scent. Cats will either ignore you disdainfully, run away and hide, lick themselves nervously, act out for attention or for the heck of it because it's their domain, plop down on the chair intended for you, or head straight for you and rub up against you in a misguided effort to soothe your tension.

One of the things I look forward to is KP releasing a portrait of Meghan & Harry with Bogart & Guy. I miss seeing updated pics of Bogart & Guy on Meghan's Instagram.

Oh and btw, Mad About Meghan blog site has posted an interesting summary of Meghan/Harry's househunting in the Cotswolds. Quite fascinating to learn they looked at Luckington Court, where the BBC series of Pride and Prejudice, starring Colin Firth, was filmed many years ago (although M&H are said not to have made an offer, and thus are likely still looking -- but reportedly they are intent on finding a country home in the Cotswolds). Hmmm, Luckington Court has a nice ring to it though. The blog includes some nice interior and exterior views of the estate. Enjoy reading!

http://madaboutmeghan.blogspot.com/

Old 11-02-2017, 05:53 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I'm pretty sure that the Prince's Trust could help her - and the British public would appreciate her doing that, rather than sit on her hands for however long. The press might growl a bit but Palace PR can sort it out. It isn't a huge issue.

Also - she could get a post at the US embassy (they might want to help out).

But I think if help is given it needs to be for a specific term and not seen to be open ended. And the Palace would need to be clear about why its happening.

All these issues have been bubbling under and also been dismissed - but reality bites and it isn't going to be easy.

Alternatively Harry could just ignore the rules and do it his way. He is known to be impetuous.
All this 'help' from the Prince's Trust, US Embassy, Palace etc sounds like a PR disaster, and an open invitation for the press to have a go at Meghan and the BRF. She'd be getting special treatment because of her boyfriend, they wouldn't care if her own merits would get her the job. She'd be called a gold digger, and seen as not good enough to marry. Also, being just a royal girlfriend would keep her out of all and any family celebrations, she couldn't be anywhere near Harry during any official engagements.

As of now, her employers see the need for her to have security, I highly doubt Harry or Meghan would overlook those reasons once she moved to UK, she'd need security. Just because previous girlfriends didn't have security detail doesn't mean Meghan doesn't need one.

An official engagement announcement will open multiple doors and benefits foe Meghan, whi h she wouldn't be able to get as a 'just girlfriend'.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

why does she need ot have all these jobs? If she gets engaged to Harry, she will be preparing for the wedding and for married life, as a Royal. She'll have plenty of work then.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:23 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
The way I see it is that if Meghan moves to the UK as the royal girlfriend, she is basically still a private citizen, single and faces life in the UK on her own without the official "stamp of approval" by the BRF . If she moves to the UK as Harry's fiance, she has the backing of the BRF as a soon to be member of the royal family, a RPO and most importantly, faces life in the UK by Harry's side. Which one of these do we really think Harry is going to prefer? From seeing how Harry vehemently had her back a year ago, I'm going to guess he'd go with the latter.

One thing I imagine that Meghan would be able to do while first living in the UK is continue her volunteer work with the UN. She's already an ambassador and getting familiar with the UK side of things may be of interest to her. I don't think it'd involve any out front and personal work but be more behind the scenes kind of things. She could get familiar (once again behind the scenes) of the different aspects of the Royal Foundation and start plotting and planning just where she'd like to fit in with their scheme of things.

Meghan doesn't come across to me as the kind of person that would just sit back and wait for things to happen but rather as she'll know where her life is headed by the move, she'll be starting to get her ducks all in a row to enhance the life that lies ahead and start to sink her teeth into it all with gusto.

I don't see Meghan getting any kind of "work" or a "job". I think it would be difficult for anyone that takes her on because of the frantic media craziness that is going to surround her. If we think the media is intense now, it'll be ten times as worse once she begins to live in the UK. Hire Meghan and you're assured of a huge media pack that comes with her.

So, to sum it all off, I believe that if and when she moves to the UK, she'll have the backing of the royal family and her future husband for protection.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think the RF would be at all kene on her getting involved with anything royal behind the scenes or otherwise, until she's officially engaged.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
why does she need ot have all these jobs? If she gets engaged to Harry, she will be preparing for the wedding and for married life, as a Royal. She'll have plenty of work then.
I think they are saying if she moves to UK before being engaged, which is an idea that's been mentioned.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:36 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
All this 'help' from the Prince's Trust, US Embassy, Palace etc sounds like a PR disaster, and an open invitation for the press to have a go at Meghan and the BRF. She'd be getting special treatment because of her boyfriend, they wouldn't care if her own merits would get her the job. She'd be called a gold digger, and seen as not good enough to marry. Also, being just a royal girlfriend would keep her out of all and any family celebrations, she couldn't be anywhere near Harry during any official engagements.

(...)

An official engagement announcement will open multiple doors and benefits foe Meghan, whi h she wouldn't be able to get as a 'just girlfriend'.
And let's be honest, she wouldn't be getting those jobs solely based on her own merits. She could be qualified but the main reason she would be hired would be because Harry's girlfriend needed some kind of job in the UK. Luckily, (so far) this is a theoretical discussion, and I don't expect them to go this route.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Why would she need a job? Any job she took would be criticised.....
Old 11-02-2017, 12:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
You might want to go back a couple pages and read forward to understand why the job issue was raised.

LaRae
Old 11-02-2017, 12:32 PM
Commoner

I agree with the various posters above on security.....with the heightened state of affairs everywhere regarding terrorism, likely Prince Harry and Meghan have taken that into account and their number one concern is safety. Prince Harry has done a very good job of staying under the radar with Meghan as well as he can; and is a very good advocate for her in that regard. However, I think it would be unconscionable for Meghan to move to Britain without the protection of BRF. It would be foolhardy. I know those are strong words, but feel that much anxiety about it. As for a job, not very likely. However, I agree that her charitable work could begin immediately in Britain with Meghan safely ensconced behind Kensington Palace's walls and adequate protection with an engagement announcement.

I do believe an engagement has taken place and will be announced soon. I'm on pins and needles like the rest of you that hold that belief, also. Question though-couldn't she promote "Suits" by pre-taped segments that would air on Canadian and US TV outlets?
Old 11-02-2017, 12:33 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
If she moved to the UK, without being engaged to Harry, but as just his girlfriend, she'd have to have a means of support and a reason to be in the UK. You can only go and stay so long as a tourist, which I assume is how she visits him now. But you can't work. If she goes on a work visa, well she'll need a job. If she's goes on a fiancee visa they'd have to get married within 6 months.

It has been suggested that she needs to move to the UK first and live with Harry before they get engaged. And myself and a few other posters have been outlining why moving to the UK without an engagement is not in anyone's best interest, especially Meghan's. She would have all of the restrictions of royal life, and none of the protections. If she moved permanently to the UK without notice official engagement, the press would be all over her. What's she doing the? How is she supporting herself? Is she trying to pressure Harry? I could also see the term lazy and gold digger being thrown around. As you stated any job she had would be criticized, unfair or not (I think unfair) but that's just the way it is.

Anyway this are some of the reasons don't think Meghan will moving to the UK until she and Harry are engaged. Anything else would be a PR nightmare for the BRF and put Meghan at a steep disadvantage. I think Harry careshould too much about her to put her in that position. And I think she's too smart to let herself get put in that position.
Old 11-02-2017, 02:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm sure that since I am told she's very successful in her work, she can afford to keep herself for a few months at least.. and I'm sure they can get around any visa problems etc. I think that yes she probably would attract criticism that she was "chasing Harry" but that's likely to happen anyway. And I think there would be a lot to be said for them spending time together that isn't just a romantic holiday visit.
Old 11-02-2017, 02:13 PM
Aristocracy

It's very normal for actors to have breaks between jobs that would seem extensive to most of us. And she's not truly done with Suits until the last episode airs. The more I think about it, the more likely I think that we won't see an announcement before the season ends--airing, not shooting--and in the meantime she'll be quietly spending some extensive periods as a guest at KP (possibily using it as a home base without expressly calling it such in a public way) while continuing to take the sort of international humanitarian trips with the UN and/or World Vision that she has participated in for the last several years.
Old 11-02-2017, 03:14 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
But you misunderstand. Some dogs may want you to like them and they can sense your discomfort. So they head straight over to you either to intimidate or to cajole. And most definitely to sniff your scent. Cats will either ignore you disdainfully, run away and hide, lick themselves nervously, act out for attention or for the heck of it because it's their domain, plop down on the chair intended for you, or head straight for you and rub up against you in a misguided effort to soothe your tension.

One of the things I look forward to is KP releasing a portrait of Meghan & Harry with Bogart & Guy. I miss seeing updated pics of Bogart & Guy on Meghan's Instagram.

Oh and btw, Mad About Meghan blog site has posted an interesting summary of Meghan/Harry's househunting in the Cotswolds. Quite fascinating to learn they looked at Luckington Court, where the BBC series of Pride and Prejudice, starring Colin Firth, was filmed many years ago (although M&H are said not to have made an offer, and thus are likely still looking -- but reportedly they are intent on finding a country home in the Cotswolds). Hmmm, Luckington Court has a nice ring to it though. The blog includes some nice interior and exterior views of the estate. Enjoy reading!

Mad About Meghan
Whoa...very nice! It doesn't get more regal than that. I can't imagine being LUCKY enough to reside at Luckington Court!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 11-02-2017, 03:45 PM
Nobility

FWIW, Richard Palmer had the following exchange on Twitter this morning:

Quote:
Richard Palmer‏ @RoyalReporter Replying to @sinead_ryan
There will be huge interest in covering his engagements when that happens.

Nicole‏ @shallowdeep Replying to @RoyalReporter
Serious question: Do you think Prince Harry is getting engaged anytime in the near future? Asking for a few million friends in the US. 😉😉

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 3 hours ago
Yep
source: https://twitter.com/RoyalReporter/st...49433345396736

I myself am not convinced that they'll see a need to wait until the shows have aired. Meghan did virtually nothing promotional during the 2016 winter hiatus between 6A and 6B, so I don't see why she'd do it between 7A and 7B. All of her castmates were travelling around (Sarah and Rick went to Australia and NZ, for instance) and doing promos and interviews.

The only promotional items she did at all since the news broke were:
  • a short interview clip, done by USA Networks as part of their broadcast promo commercials
  • the Texas readthru
  • the VF article
Old 11-02-2017, 03:59 PM
Royal Highness

I think the announcement of engagement to Harry & Meghan should happen this November when they finish the recordings of "Suits". Does anyone know when the recordings of the series?
Old 11-02-2017, 04:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
I think the announcement of engagement to Harry & Meghan should happen this November when they finish the recordings of "Suits". Does anyone know when the recordings of the series?
Just before American Thanksgiving. I'm not holding my breath for a November announcement, TBH.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Suits is supposed to wrap up filming mid-November I heard.

LaRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
Just before American Thanksgiving. I'm not holding my breath for a November announcement, TBH.
I think December is more likely (if not Jan).

LaRae
Old 11-02-2017, 04:13 PM
Royal Highness

I think in the last week of November or in early December may result. I think that is the most likely. I look forward to that happening.