The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #2981  
Old 10-28-2017, 10:47 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,742
The Fail has produced an article about some long ago ancestor of Meghan's shared with the Queen Mother. I don't care about that, but one little snippet from the article did intrigue me. A 17th century German Markle ancestor had a coat of arms. I can't find the relevant thread for this but I wonder whether Meghan's father could claim that as his when his daughter becomes engaged and it could be incorporated on his daughter's after marriage. It's a rather nice design in a beautiful blue.

Harry and Meghan are cousins family tree from 1480 reveals | Daily Mail Online
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2982  
Old 10-28-2017, 11:50 PM
MaiaMia_53's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 378
Details in the below sound interesting, if true. I doubt that Meghan will be joining the royal family on BP balcony for Remembrance Day though, unless an engagement has been announced beforehand:
Prince Harry is personally training Meghan Markle to be a royal | New York Post

The findings in the below article are not so farfetched because if we go back far enough, we're all related. Meghan and Harry are 15th cousins (there have been reports of Kate & William being related as well). It's interesting that both couples are related via the Queen Mother, Elizabeth Bowes Lyons' side of the royal family:
Harry and Meghan are cousins family tree from 1480 reveals | Daily Mail Online
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2983  
Old 10-29-2017, 07:11 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 72
An interesting article from a former royal correspondent about the subtle but deliberate attempt by the media and the palace to make Meghan more palatable to the British public

The disgraceful white-washing of Meghan Markle | HeraldScotland
Reply With Quote
  #2984  
Old 10-29-2017, 07:20 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen E View Post
An interesting article from a former royal correspondent about the subtle but deliberate attempt by the media and the palace to make Meghan more palatable to the British public

The disgraceful white-washing of Meghan Markle | HeraldScotland


Didn’t they do the same with Kate ? Not necessarily to do with color
Reply With Quote
  #2985  
Old 10-29-2017, 07:37 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: pinner, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,530
The description of Buckingham Palace as 'White Colonialists' tells one all one need to know, about the objectivity of this [alleged] ex 'Royal Correspondent'.

HMQ, [the head of this 'hotbed of racists'] has spent her life nurturing links to, and improving the Commonwealth, which is a FREE association of nations of all manner of ethnicities. Had she not treated these peoples as equals, they [and the likes of Mr Obama, and Mr Mandela] would hardly have remained 'close' !
I defy anyone to suggest she has a racist 'bone in her body'..
Reply With Quote
  #2986  
Old 10-29-2017, 07:48 AM
AnnEliza's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Seattle, United States
Posts: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
The description of Buckingham Palace as 'White Colonialists' tells one all one need to know, about the objectivity of this [alleged] ex 'Royal Correspondent'.

HMQ, [the head of this 'hotbed of racists'] has spent her life nurturing links to, and improving the Commonwealth, which is a FREE association of nations of all manner of ethnicities. Had she not treated these peoples as equals, they [and the likes of Mr Obama, and Mr Mandela] would hardly have remained 'close' !
I defy anyone to suggest she has a racist 'bone in her body'..
I completely agree.
Reply With Quote
  #2987  
Old 10-29-2017, 07:53 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen E View Post
An interesting article from a former royal correspondent about the subtle but deliberate attempt by the media and the palace to make Meghan more palatable to the British public

The disgraceful white-washing of Meghan Markle | HeraldScotland
I have two comments about this "opinion piece."
1st-Of course in Britain they are going to look for a British connection before anything else, to imply otherwise is being deliberately obtuse. (Also, these ancestors are easier to track back.)
2nd-Yvonne Ridley "a former royal correspondent" is questionable, seems she's more much republican than royalist and has written other things stirring up anti British feelings. Definitely need to consider the source-she has an agenda methinks.
Reply With Quote
  #2988  
Old 10-29-2017, 10:49 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen E View Post
An interesting article from a former royal correspondent about the subtle but deliberate attempt by the media and the palace to make Meghan more palatable to the British public

The disgraceful white-washing of Meghan Markle | HeraldScotland
The thing is MM is biracial and has stated her pride in both her mother and her father. I see no problem with examining her genealogy. KP has stood up for MM and PH has made sure to include her mother in the IG games. The problem is not the palace but the crappy tabloid media who used MM's heritage in a coded attempt to rile up their readers. This article is yet another example of how the writers are using MM to promote their agenda and narrative.
Reply With Quote
  #2989  
Old 10-29-2017, 12:05 PM
hel hel is offline
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Kitchener, Canada
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliec76 View Post

Good point. And I know we've been focusing in on November 15th, but shows are known to go over when filming. Especially at the end of the season. Two of my favorite shows, Glee and the West Wing were notorious for that. I'd say their drop dead date to be done filming, is probably Thanksgiving, because everyone most likely has plans. That's another reason I'm just not seeing November for an engagement announcement. There's just to many moving parts and took much going on.
I think you're right about it going longer than the 15 but ending before US Thanksgiving; IATSE 873 (the union for construction, craft service, electric, grip, hair, make-up, paint, script, set dec/props/greens, sound/boom, special effects, transport and wardrobe) has listed the contract for the show as ending on November 21.
Reply With Quote
  #2990  
Old 10-29-2017, 02:22 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
Details in the below sound interesting, if true. I doubt that Meghan will be joining the royal family on BP balcony for Remembrance Day though, unless an engagement has been announced beforehand:
Prince Harry is personally training Meghan Markle to be a royal | New York Post

The findings in the below article are not so farfetched because if we go back far enough, we're all related. Meghan and Harry are 15th cousins (there have been reports of Kate & William being related as well). It's interesting that both couples are related via the Queen Mother, Elizabeth Bowes Lyons' side of the royal family:
Harry and Meghan are cousins family tree from 1480 reveals | Daily Mail Online
The only way for Meghan to attend Remembrance Sunday is for the engagement announced before hand. Unless Lacey and Seward know something we don’t know yet.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #2991  
Old 10-29-2017, 02:55 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: pinner, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,530
I think the Balconies overlooking the Cenotaph [which are already rather cramped], are unlikely to fit HMQ,the DoE,the Duchesses of Cornwall and Cambridge, the Countess of Wessex and Ms Markle on them this year.
I consider it unthinkable until she is actually married..
Reply With Quote
  #2992  
Old 10-29-2017, 03:19 PM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 4,098
With the Queen and Philip on the balcony, Sophie and Tim may even be pushed over to a secondary balcony with the Kents and Gloucesters. No way for Meghan as a girlfriend would be there with the Queen and Philip. Even as engaged woman probably would not be main balcony.
Reply With Quote
  #2993  
Old 10-29-2017, 04:19 PM
cepe's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,018
There is no way she will be attending Remembrance Sunday.

Unengaged and even engaged persons do not attend events which are of National importance. I understand speculating but there are some things that hold true.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Reply With Quote
  #2994  
Old 10-29-2017, 05:30 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,572
Of course the geneology focusses on the british roots. Meghan is going to, or it seems, to marry a British prince. She is a foreigner marrying in. Of course they are going to emphasize any links she has to England, plain and simple. Just like when Kate got married, they tried to find any aristocratic connection she had, as she was the 'commoner' bride. Its not a white washing of anything.

Meghan is extremely proud to be biracial and speaks about it all the time. And nothing about the queen and her many years of service, even whispers racism. Both her and Charles have done a lot to be inclusive, of other races and religions.

Whoever suggested that Meghan would be part of rememberance obviously knows nothing about BRF and how it runs. Unless there is a ring on her finger and an official announcement first, she wont be up there. And considering she is still filming until the 15th, there wont be an announcement before rememberance day.
Reply With Quote
  #2995  
Old 10-29-2017, 06:22 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Of course the geneology focusses on the british roots. Meghan is going to, or it seems, to marry a British prince. She is a foreigner marrying in. Of course they are going to emphasize any links she has to England, plain and simple. Just like when Kate got married, they tried to find any aristocratic connection she had, as she was the 'commoner' bride. Its not a white washing of anything.

Meghan is extremely proud to be biracial and speaks about it all the time. And nothing about the queen and her many years of service, even whispers racism. Both her and Charles have done a lot to be inclusive, of other races and religions.

Whoever suggested that Meghan would be part of rememberance obviously knows nothing about BRF and how it runs. Unless there is a ring on her finger and an official announcement first, she wont be up there. And considering she is still filming until the 15th, there wont be an announcement before rememberance day.
Good post, Countessmeout.

With Harry and Meghan not giving us or the media much to really work with, I'm surprised that there hasn't been an intensive bloodline work done on Meghan's dogs, Bogart and Guy. Oh waitaminute! They were both rescue dogs. Never mind. Meghan herself tells the story.

How Ellen DeGeneres Convinced Meghan Markle to Adopt a Dog + More Facts From Our May Cover Star | Page 4 of 10 | Best Health Magazine Canada

Personally, I give these dogs a whole lot of credit. Dogs are so very good at sniffing out the character of the person that comes into their owner's life and I seriously doubt that Meghan would have remained as fond of Harry as she is unless her dogs put their "paws of approval" on the man. The article also will answer some questions about importing dogs between countries. Meghan did it with "little guy" Guy from Kentucky to Canada. Tells me one thing and that is if Meghan is slated to move to the UK, you can pretty well be assured that her dogs will come with her.

Just another example of how both Harry and Meghan have big and kind hearts. Oh.. another interesting tidbit. Bogart is a mixed breed and Guy is a beagle and they are best buddies.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #2996  
Old 10-29-2017, 06:49 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Good post, Countessmeout.

With Harry and Meghan not giving us or the media much to really work with, I'm surprised that there hasn't been an intensive bloodline work done on Meghan's dogs, Bogart and Guy. Oh waitaminute! They were both rescue dogs. Never mind. Meghan herself tells the story.

How Ellen DeGeneres Convinced Meghan Markle to Adopt a Dog + More Facts From Our May Cover Star | Page 4 of 10 | Best Health Magazine Canada

Personally, I give these dogs a whole lot of credit. Dogs are so very good at sniffing out the character of the person that comes into their owner's life and I seriously doubt that Meghan would have remained as fond of Harry as she is unless her dogs put their "paws of approval" on the man. The article also will answer some questions about importing dogs between countries. Meghan did it with "little guy" Guy from Kentucky to Canada. Tells me one thing and that is if Meghan is slated to move to the UK, you can pretty well be assured that her dogs will come with her.

Just another example of how both Harry and Meghan have big and kind hearts. Oh.. another interesting tidbit. Bogart is a mixed breed and Guy is a beagle and they are best buddies.
Well at least we know Guy and Bogart will be fine at Kensington palace. They are used to living in Toronto, not having a wide open yard. But yes, I am certain Harry had to pass the dog test. A dog's opinion is just as key as a parent's, and as hard to win (only thing harder is a cat's). Animals know people's intentions quite well.

Maybe Camilla and Meghan can bond over rescue dogs. Both her beloved dogs are rescues as well.
Reply With Quote
  #2997  
Old 10-29-2017, 10:46 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 3,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
But yes, I am certain Harry had to pass the dog test. A dog's opinion is just as key as a parent's, and as hard to win (only thing harder is a cat's). Animals know people's intentions quite well.

I don't believe that for a minute!

Dogs always come right to me, and I simply can't stand them!
If they know that instinctively, you'd think they would keep their distance, yet they NEVER do!
Reply With Quote
  #2998  
Old 10-29-2017, 11:11 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Lakewood, United States
Posts: 151
I know I’m as excited as others here waiting for an announcement. I’ve often thought how excited this gal must be. While the rest of the world wants to dissect every little bit, she’s able to keep her emotions in check and her feel on solid ground. Meghan has class in my book!
Reply With Quote
  #2999  
Old 10-29-2017, 11:20 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,429
I think the both of them are approaching this relationship and where it may lead to with cool, calm and collective heads. Perhaps they're not feeding into the frenzy because they're just letting things develop at its own pace and not being rash and jumping off cliffs without parachutes. That is what tells me this is quite a mature relationship.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #3000  
Old 10-30-2017, 12:18 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Zionsville, United States
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think the both of them are approaching this relationship and where it may lead to with cool, calm and collective heads. Perhaps they're not feeding into the frenzy because they're just letting things develop at its own pace and not being rash and jumping off cliffs without parachutes. That is what tells me this is quite a mature relationship.
So true! We're the ones putting them on a time table. (Totally guilty!) But, honestly their time table could end up being different than anything we have suggested here. They may have other things to consider that we have no knowledge of. It sure is fun to read the tea leaves, but I'm also anxious to see just how much we got wrong, after the fact. LOL!

Two things I really do think are factoring into and timeline. One is Kate's due date, which actually is easy. Anything after mid May is probably fine. The second is the age of Harry's grandparents. No one wants to think about it, but they are both 90 now. And I know the Queen Mother was going strong until 100. But I don't think that's a chance Harry would want to take. Not to mention I have this feeling that Prince Phillips might not be doing that well. So if anything assures a wedding next year I think that's it.

But again we could all be off!
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 35 (9 members and 26 guests)
Alliec76, andrew, Jacknch, MaiaMia_53, QueenPenny, Spectator, Sunnystar, zaika
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Harry and Meghan: The Love Story" eya Royal Library 30 10-28-2017 02:39 AM




Popular Tags
best outfit birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events denmark duchess of cambridge eveningwear dutch state visit earl of snowdon europe general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín james bond king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein margherita monarchy news paris picture of the week prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince nicholas prince oscar prince philip prince sebastian princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen silvia state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family united kingdom victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:31 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises