The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-27-2017, 11:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think its very possible that they could announce an engagement in November. I think the major factor that is playing into this is not the Queen and the DoE's anniversary so much as they probably will not announce it until its been officially announced that Meghan has not renewed her contract with Suits.

Will and Kate announced their engagement on November 16, 2010 and that was 4 days before the anniversary for the Queen and DoE that year and two days after Charles' birthday. Anne married for the first time on Charles' birthday of November 14th. Days important to certain royals aren't totally sacrosanct. If there were to be big, public celebrations for the 70th anniversary, I could see where they wouldn't want to steal the thunder but, as you said, there won't be hence I think very possible.
A 70th birthday anniversary still is different than an 'in between' anniversary. Even though the Queen and Duke might not have an official celebration, it would be nice if at least the media could focus on their long marriage for that week... instead of being sidetracked by an engagement announcement.

Regarding the announcement about Meghan (most likely) not renewing, I would think it more logical if they announce that directly after the engagement announcement. If they would have wanted to announce it in advance (giving away that H&M are clearly on the path towards engagement/marriage) they would have done so quite some time ago I would assume, unless other main characters aren't confirmed yet...

Old 10-27-2017, 11:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
A 70th birthday anniversary still is different than an 'in between' anniversary. Even though the Queen and Duke might not have an official celebration, it would be nice if at least the media could focus on their long marriage for that week... instead of being sidetracked by an engagement announcement....
That is what I was thinking as well. If it were like a 66th Anniversary, no biggie, but 70 is a big deal. Whether they have a public or private celebration it will still be and should be the focus of the news. And Harry's eventual engagement (fingers and toes crossed!) will be a big deal. No getting around it. It would end up being the main story and I can almost guarantee that they will be accused of overshadowing the anniversary. I just don't see the point in risking it, when there will already be people ready to pick apart every little thing Harry and Meghan do. Besides they wouldn't announce anything until she is done filming. That's November 15th at the earliest. So what are looking at? About 2 weeks to get until December? And December is pretty quiet accept for Christmas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
Aaron Korsch did a Q&A last night. said two things that were interesting:

1) when asked about how many more seasons they'd do, he said "I stand by my last estimate of at least one more, probably at least two but nothing is official..."

2) he said they're shooting 7.14 and writing 7.16. Which means they have two full episodes to film, and each episode usually taking about 10 days (and 7.16 will be a big ep, since it's the backdoor pilot for another show). There are only 19 days til the November 15 date that ACTRA says is the final shooting date.

I suspect there's no way that Meghan's going to be able to get away between now and Nov 15, not even for a night in Chicago, because there's no wiggle room in that schedule.

Good point. And I know we've been focusing in on November 15th, but shows are known to go over when filming. Especially at the end of the season. Two of my favorite shows, Glee and the West Wing were notorious for that. I'd say their drop dead date to be done filming, is probably Thanksgiving, because everyone most likely has plans. That's another reason I'm just not seeing November for an engagement announcement. There's just to many moving parts and took much going on.

Old 10-27-2017, 11:32 PM
Nobility

And I still think Thanksgiving (weekend) would be excellent for Harry to ask Meghan to marry him (so real engagement; announcement can wait until December).
Old 10-27-2017, 11:57 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree, Osipi. There's nothing totally blocking November off. I do think think though that any engagement announcement is more likely to come in very late November after Remembrance Day and the wedding anniversary, when Meghan would be in London with Harry.

Filming for Suits finishes in mid-November. (There have been rumours that Meghan's character leaves the law firm she is with for another and is written out that way. There's been no announcement one way or another for Season 8, AFAIK. Has anyone else heard anything?)
Old 10-28-2017, 12:05 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
And I still think Thanksgiving (weekend) would be excellent for Harry to ask Meghan to marry him (so real engagement; announcement can wait until December).
I still feel like they are already engaged. I freely admit I have nothing to back that up! I'm completely ready to be wrong. LOL!

So this is sort of off topic, but I could see Thanksgiving maybe being something special for them going forward. Hear me out! They don't celebrate Thanksgiving in the UK (obviously) so no necessary family obligations for Harry. I could see the Thanksgiving weekend be the one time of year that Meghan, with Harry to get back to visit the US. It's only 4 days. It would be a way for Harry to be a part of some of Meghan's family traditions (as well as any kids). We already know that William has really prioritized spending holidays with the Middleton's at their home.

Anyway it's just something that popped in my head, and I'm old, so if I don't share it now, I'll forget. LOL!
Old 10-28-2017, 12:30 AM
Heir Apparent

The Cambridges seem to be somewhat alternating family locations at least part of the Christmas holiday season. One year the Windsors the next with the Middletons...very much like the rest of us do!

I'm going to be interested in seeing if Meghan/Harry go on another trip right after Christmas like they did last year when they went to Norway.

LaRae
Old 10-28-2017, 12:40 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliec76 View Post
I still feel like they are already engaged. I freely admit I have nothing to back that up! I'm completely ready to be wrong. LOL!

So this is sort of off topic, but I could see Thanksgiving maybe being something special for them going forward. Hear me out! They don't celebrate Thanksgiving in the UK (obviously) so no necessary family obligations for Harry. I could see the Thanksgiving weekend be the one time of year that Meghan, with Harry to get back to visit the US. It's only 4 days. It would be a way for Harry to be a part of some of Meghan's family traditions (as well as any kids). We already know that William has really prioritized spending holidays with the Middleton's at their home.

Anyway it's just something that popped in my head, and I'm old, so if I don't share it now, I'll forget. LOL!

Its a four day holiday in the US. Problem, at least with kids when in school, its not a 4 day holiday in the UK. But the first few years of marriage before the kids are school age, that may be a good idea. Or they spend New Years with her family. Could alternate, the Cambridges spend some Christmases with the Middletons, Harry and Meghan could do the same.
Old 10-28-2017, 12:49 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Its a four day holiday in the US. Problem, at least with kids when in school, its not a 4 day holiday in the UK. But the first few years of marriage before the kids are school age, that may be a good idea. Or they spend New Years with her family. Could alternate, the Cambridges spend some Christmases with the Middletons, Harry and Meghan could do the same.
Good point about school. Forgot about school! 😁 I guess kids do need school! LOL! But yes, I suspect they will alternate holidays as they can, like William and Kate (and the rest of us!) Will has talked about wanting to be able form some of their own traditions for George and Charlotte. I'm interested to see what kind of traditions Harry and Meghan form.
Old 10-28-2017, 11:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post

Filming for Suits finishes in mid-November. (There have been rumours that Meghan's character leaves the law firm she is with for another and is written out that way. There's been no announcement one way or another for Season 8, AFAIK. Has anyone else heard anything?)
There has been no official confirmation of Suits being picked up for a Season 8. Both Gabriel Macht and Patrick J Adams would have to be signed first, then everyone else would get contracts if USA network continues the series.
Old 10-28-2017, 12:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you, O.H.
Old 10-28-2017, 03:03 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
A family tree for people interested in ancestry

DailyMailTV reveals Meghan Markle's family roots | Daily Mail Online
I'm hoping the documentary airing tonight is able to track down more info on Mary Bird as Meghan traveled to Malta, in part to learn more about her.
I think Meghan herself would probably enjoy any respectfully done genealogy research on her family as she seems to have an interest in it.

LITTLEROCK exclusive: MEGHAN MARKLE from SUITS tells why she absolutely loves Malta - Writer 4 Writing

"Meghan was born and raised in Los Angeles but within the first 30 seconds she was telling us about her personal Maltese connection: " ... coming to Malta has been really important to me because my great-great-grandmother lived here, so we’ve been trying to trace the ancestry."

"I have to be honest, for me it (this trip) was mostly about trying to understand where I come from, my identity. There is something so lovely about fitting in a piece of the puzzle; about understanding how, generations ago, I had someone from my family here, and gaining a sense of what it was like. It’s the first time I’ve had the opportunity to explore my ancestry, which is really exciting, and it’s nice that it has exceeded any expectation I may have had."
Old 10-28-2017, 05:14 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
The only thing I can find for confirmed relationships are

Her ex-husband (2004 to 2013)

The Golfer Rory Mcllroy (briefly in 2014)

The Chef Cory Vitillo (not sure of start date but supposed to have started sometime after Mcllroy and gone off and on until it ended around April of 2016)
Meghan never dated Rory McIlroy they were friends.
Old 10-28-2017, 05:23 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTchic View Post
That's what happens when one is in the public eye. It wasn't that long ago if Harry looked sideways at a woman anywhere, the press had him halfway up the aisle with her already.
Old 10-28-2017, 05:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
FYI-That was already addressed in posts #2949 & #2955
Old 10-28-2017, 06:13 PM
Commoner

Forgive me, I just dislike misinformation being spread.
Old 10-28-2017, 06:38 PM
Commoner

https://www.yahoo.com/news/apos-load...210000913.html

Disappointing. It seems the "documentary" was little more than tabloid fluff. :/
Old 10-28-2017, 06:41 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
That's not surprising to me. Like with the publication of the Harry and Meghan love story (in another thread), the people that are trying to make money off of this relationship already have very basic facts that are credible and the rest is the stuff that tabloids have been rehashing over and over and over again for lack of real information to write about.
Old 10-28-2017, 06:50 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
FYI-That was already addressed in posts #2949 & #2955
And also #2944
Old 10-28-2017, 06:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Forgive me, I just dislike misinformation being spread.
It's fine--I know how easy it is to react to a post when you read it before you read further down the thread. I've done it myself.
Old 10-28-2017, 08:10 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I've deleted the discussion about Suits. If you wish to talk about the show (characters, episodes, spin-offs, etc) you can always start a thread in the Media Centre forum.