The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-27-2017, 06:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Since 2004 she's only had 1 short term relationship...the other being almost 10 years and the other being off/on for around 2 years.

I found out about Kate and William by logging on here! I think it's how I have always found out about royals getting married.

LaRae

Old 10-27-2017, 07:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Perhaps Meghan's past relationships can be put into a nutshell with a quote from E.L. James who says "You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your Prince".
Mrs. Barbara Bush didn't have to; she met her Prince at age 16 and a half and married him three years later.
The same can be said about Mrs. Rosalynn Carter.

Old 10-27-2017, 07:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Mrs. Barbara Bush didn't have to; she met her Prince at age 16 and a half and married him three years later.
The same can be said about Mrs. Rosalynn Carter.
Not many people meet their lifetime love as a teenager. Harry's paternal grandmother is one but many people are older when they find the right person.

I don't think Meghan and Harry would have been in a relationship as teenagers for a lot of reasons.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:16 PM
Nobility

I don't think a relationship with Rory McIlroy has ever been confirmed, and in fact I've seen claims that she denied they were in a relationship.

He challenged her in the ALS IBC, and they were spotted having dinner together in Dublin in October 2014 when she was at One Young World. However, Cory the chef boyfriend was in Dublin at the time, too.
https://www.independent.ie/style/cel...-30681872.html

FWIW, earlier a couple of people mentioned Meghan moving to Toronto soon after getting married. That's not actually the timeline. The wedding was in September 2011. Suits debuted in June of 2011. While there's no source online for when filming of season 1 started, it's likely to have been in the February/March/April 2011 time period.

So the timeline of her relationship to Trevor is:

2004 - met and started dating
2010 - got engaged
Spring 2011 - moved to Toronto
September 2011 - got married
August 2013 - divorce
Old 10-27-2017, 08:17 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
An even better example and actually most pertinent to the discussion of Harry and Meghan is his grandmother. She laid eyes on Philip at 13 and that was it. Now they're celebrating their 70th wedding anniversary.

Sometimes one just knows things when they happen. Sometimes they hit by total surprise. That love bug and his bite is a curious beast.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Just for curiosity: Was Philip in love with anyone before meeting Elizabeth? (then the Heiress).
For an 18-year-old boy, a 13-year-old girl is still a child.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Just for curiosity: Was Philip in love with anyone before meeting Elizabeth? (then the Heiress).
For an 18-year-old boy, a 13-year-old girl is still a child.
I've read a couple of bios about him and they both mention various romances but I don't remember they talking about anything serious.

LaRae
Old 10-27-2017, 08:36 PM
Courtier

Off topic posts will get this thread closed again.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:50 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
The only thing I can find for confirmed relationships are

Her ex-husband (2004 to 2013)

The Golfer Rory Mcllroy (briefly in 2014)

The Chef Cory Vitillo (not sure of start date but supposed to have started sometime after Mcllroy and gone off and on until it ended around April of 2016)
Meghan NEVER dated Rory McIlroy! They were just friends. Cory was with them, when they met for the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnsha View Post
Meghan NEVER dated Rory McIlroy! They were just friends. Cory was with them, when they met for the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.
No need to get excited...it doesn't matter either way really. That's just what I ran across doing some research.

LaRae
Old 10-27-2017, 09:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Ok, so let's go back to H&M.
An engagement announcement on Christmas would be marvellous (after Platinum Anniversary, Meghan spending calmly Thanksgiving with her family)
And wedding - I just discovered that 4 August - Meghan's birthday -falls on Saturday next year, so maybe then?
And her maid of honor could be her niece Ashleigh Hale, whose Meghan is apparently very close to.

As for "Suits done" - i read synopsis of the serie's last season and Meghan took part in the last episode (broadcast on 13 September) and her character was not written off.
Anyone knows about when Season 8 will be released?
Old 10-27-2017, 09:01 PM
Commoner

Quote:
No need to get excited...it doesn't matter either way really. That's just what I ran across doing some research.

LaRae
Not excited. Not aimed at you. Just tired of the misinformation. She's a very decent person, who has been unjustly vilified. You have not done anything wrong!
Old 10-27-2017, 09:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
An engagement announcement on Christmas would be marvellous (after Platinum Anniversary, Meghan spending calmly Thanksgiving with her family)
And wedding - I just discovered that 4 August - Meghan's birthday -falls on Saturday next year, so maybe then?
And her maid of honor could be her niece Ashleigh Hale, whose Meghan is apparently very close to.

As for "Suits done" - i read synopsis of the serie's last season and Meghan took part in the last episode (broadcast on 13 September) and her character was not written off.
The final episode of season 7 hasn't aired. It hasn't even been filmed. That was midseason break. The show traditionally airs from July-September, and then has a break until January in airing. What she is currently filming right now is season 7. The filming runs until about the end of November and then filming of a new season (8 if renewed) would start in spring time.

Wedding in August is unlikely as the queen is at Balmoral by then, unless a wedding up there. If she has an adult maid of honor, IMO it will likely be one of her close female friends.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:18 PM
Majesty

Quote:
The final episode that Meghan may appear in as Rachel most probably won't be aired until March 2018. They're just finishing filming season 7 now and that ends in November when Meghan's contract with Suits is up. There's been no word as of yet if Suits has been renewed for season 8 and/or if Meghan has renewed her contract with Suits or not.

This is why a lot of us are looking to November for some definitive answers to what may happen next.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
The only thing I can find for confirmed relationships are

Her ex-husband (2004 to 2013)

The Golfer Rory Mcllroy (briefly in 2014)

The Chef Cory Vitillo (not sure of start date but supposed to have started sometime after Mcllroy and gone off and on until it ended around April of 2016)
She never dated Rory. They are friends, and the entire rumor started on some platonic photos on social media. But there was denial on that.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:

I'm curious about the Queen and Philip not having a public celebration, would that mean H&M could announce in November?
Old 10-27-2017, 09:42 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think an August wedding is likely. May/June makes more sense due to the normal royal routine. March would be a big longshot, not good odds.

H&M, assuming they do marry, probably won't announce before the close of filming on Suits. So not likely to see anything before late Nov.

laRae
Old 10-27-2017, 09:46 PM
Aristocracy

Sure they could but, I still don't think they would. Even without a public celebration it's still kind of their time (the queen and Prince Phillip). I could see some people might still see it as inappropriate. There are people looking for any little thing. No need to give it to them. And since there is really no reason it must be November, I say go for December.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:49 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
I'm curious about the Queen and Philip not having a public celebration, would that mean H&M could announce in November?
I think its very possible that they could announce an engagement in November. I think the major factor that is playing into this is not the Queen and the DoE's anniversary so much as they probably will not announce it until its been officially announced that Meghan has not renewed her contract with Suits.

Will and Kate announced their engagement on November 16, 2010 and that was 4 days before the anniversary for the Queen and DoE that year and two days after Charles' birthday. Anne married for the first time on Charles' birthday of November 14th. Days important to certain royals aren't totally sacrosanct. If there were to be big, public celebrations for the 70th anniversary, I could see where they wouldn't want to steal the thunder but, as you said, there won't be hence I think very possible.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:25 PM
Nobility

Aaron Korsch did a Q&A last night. He said two things that were interesting:

1) when asked about how many more seasons they'd do, he said "I stand by my last estimate of at least one more, probably at least two but nothing is official..."

2) he said they're shooting 7.14 and writing 7.16. Which means they have two full episodes to film, and each episode usually taking about 10 days (and 7.16 will be a big ep, since it's the backdoor pilot for another show). There are only 19 days til the November 15 date that ACTRA says is the final shooting date.

I suspect there's no way that Meghan's going to be able to get away between now and Nov 15, not even for a night in Chicago, because there's no wiggle room in that schedule.