The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-26-2017, 09:23 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
There is just an aura around Harry that screams that everything is good in his life. I've heard folks say he is glowing but I always thought glowing was a way to describe a woman while pregnant so I'm going to steer clear of that. They are happy together and seem to fit each other like peanut butter and jelly do for a favorite sandwich and as we know, like attracts like so everything looks good at least to me.

As an American, I most definitely had heard of Suits and even watched an episode or two but couldn't tell you the names of the different roles and the names of the actors and actresses. I never really got into Suits. Even today Mariska Hargitay isn't a household name but she has played a main character role in L&O: SVU since 1999 and that's a show I do like. I like Dick Wolf's work. That's 18 years and the show is in its 19th season. Most of what I know today about Meghan Markle is what I've picked up here. In this thread.

We cannot know everything nor should we assume that we do. We're mostly here as spectators waiting to see what happens next. Harry and Meghan's royal romance is a real time Hallmark or Lifetime movie but happening in our reality. We'll be the ones that should Hallmark or Lifetime make such a movie, be the ones that are the best critics for it because we can see where they make mistakes.

Old 10-26-2017, 09:27 PM
Aristocracy

Wow Osipi, I just read the article. He has found himself and living with purpose. It’s amazing. Like Pranter, I too, had never heard of Meghan. I don’t watch suits. You see their contentment in pics. We’re watching Prince Harry live his compassion and it’s awe inspiring.

Old 10-26-2017, 10:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I think that Harry comes across as much happier in the last year or so since meeting Meghan.

I never had heard of Meghan before this situation...so I don't have a barometer for her...but she does appear very happy the couple times we've seen her with him.

Both of them seem much more relaxed (now) since the first few pics we saw of them (walking to/from a place to eat in London) under the media/public eye

LaRae
I would have to agree that Harry seems far more content, comfortable in his own skin so to say since he started dating Meghan. I too had never heard of her so I hit the net and did a little research.

I was overwhelmingly pleased that Meghan was not a silver-spoon socialite and seemed to have her feet solidly on mother earth. She appears to be a very positive personality, more cup half full than empty, and that makes a big difference because being self-confident enabled her to follow her dreams.

The creation of her blog 'The Tig' gave her a platform to not just talk about fashion and food but her particular brand of feminism and wanting to advance the cause of women which led 'UN Women' to reach out and ask if she would like to participate.

I watched her speech at 'UN Women' and her interview with Larry King and several others and discovered an outgoing, educated, sensible woman. A woman with a successful job and a diversity of interests, one who was willing to put in the time to do her part in improving the 'lot' of women. I also read an interview from 'Ebony' and, smiled at the sign-off.

Meghan Markle ‘Suits’ Up for Success [INTERVIEW] - EBONY

Prince Harry could do a whole lot worse for a life partner but I am not so sure he could do a whole lot better.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:16 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I would have to agree that Harry seems far more content, comfortable in his own skin so to say since he started dating Meghan. I too had never heard of her so I hit the net and did a little research.

I was overwhelmingly pleased that Meghan was not a silver-spoon socialite and seemed to have her feet solidly on mother earth. She appears to be a very positive personality, more cup half full than empty, and that makes a big difference because being self-confident enabled her to follow her dreams.

The creation of her blog 'The Tig' gave her a platform to not just talk about fashion and food but her particular brand of feminism and wanting to advance the cause of women which led 'UN Women' to reach out and ask if she would like to participate.

I watched her speech at 'UN Women' and her interview with Larry King and several others and discovered an outgoing, educated, sensible woman. A woman with a successful job and a diversity of interests, one who was willing to put in the time to do her part in improving the 'lot' of women. I also read an interview from 'Ebony' and, smiled at the sign-off.

Prince Harry could do a whole lot worse for a life partner but I am not so sure he could do a whole lot better.
This quote here really stood out for me:

Quote:
"There is a theme of pleasant quietude and gratefulness that pervades this interview. On pondering what’s to come, she lights up and confesses that she never imagined a life as amazing as hers has turned out. “To try to dream of what more it can be? I can hardly conceive of it. It’s not so much about setting goals for things, because I trust that with my temperament and my drive, these beautiful things will continue to manifest.”

We end on a quiet, somewhat contemplative note, and she says, “As my friend Gina reminds me, ‘Honey, you gotta leave room for magic.’ ”"
Amazing when you think that at this point, pre-Harry she already thought her life was amazing... and could barely conceive how amazing it was... and then along came Harry. Wow. What a fairytale.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:22 PM
Majesty

I love that quote!! Her mind is in the right place. It seriously reminds me of a quote I read not too long ago that really defines what happiness really is.

"Happiness is not getting what you want but rather being happy with what you get". That, to me, defines the Meghan I've come to know. It also quite well fits Harry's outlook on life now when I think about it.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:30 PM
Aristocracy

Next sighting. Hmmmm........we'll we know he's in Chicago next week. I know it gets tricky because he will be there working. I know the last time he stopped to see her after an official trip caused an uproar. I would think if he payed for his own flight from say Chicago to Toronto, that would be ok, but apparently even that is frowned on. Now Meghan could turn up in Chicago. Get her own hotel room and everything. I mean she's a private citizen. She can go where she,wants. However, we don't know her schedule. She doesn't have the type of life and career where she can just drop everything at a moments notice. I don't know. I find it really hard to believe that they would be so close and not see each other at all. However I'm not seeing how it works out.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

I've said before here I was rather wary of her after hearing she was dating Harry (I mean really an actress and she did that silly banana thing so I thought she was being sly with the media) I didn't even think it was true until they released the statement confirming.

So I have been most pleasantly surprised and happy to see that she is much more than I thought she was. She's not an actress dating Harry. She's Meghan, the woman dating Harry and she just happens to be an actress as well.

I definately agree Marg that Harry could have done much worse but I don't see how he could of done much better. I think he knows it too!

LaRae
Old 10-26-2017, 10:40 PM
Aristocracy

I’d say Pranter he’s met his match!
Old 10-26-2017, 10:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliec76 View Post
Next sighting. Hmmmm........we'll we know he's in Chicago next week. I know it gets tricky because he will be there working. I know the last time he stopped to see her after an official trip caused an uproar. I would think if he payed for his own flight from say Chicago to Toronto, that would be ok, but apparently even that is frowned on. Now Meghan could turn up in Chicago. Get her own hotel room and everything. I mean she's a private citizen. She can go where she,wants. However, we don't know her schedule. She doesn't have the type of life and career where she can just drop everything at a moments notice. I don't know. I find it really hard to believe that they would be so close and not see each other at all. However I'm not seeing how it works out.
Isn't tricky the whole point of Halloween? Oh wait. That's tricks or treats.

The big snaferu with Harry flying to Toronto after Chicago, even on his own dime, is that he goes to Toronto, so do his RPOs. They're being paid for by the British taxpayers so hence why there'd be a stink about the whole thing even with Harry paying for four star accommodations (another really,really interesting thing to delve into as far as RPOs and what they do and how they work and how they're put up for nights is interesting and in other threads) at the nearest, closest hotel which kind of defeats the purpose of the RPOs anyways. I seriously doubt Meghan's residence has the room to put them up too which would mean that she'd come to him in Toronto. He did stay with Meghan at Fairmont Royal York while he was in Toronto for the Invictus Games.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle stay in luxury hotel during Invictus Games

If, perchance, Meghan did fly and join Harry in Chicago, it wouldn't be a public thing but kept rather private. Harry and his RPOs will already have their accommodations and I seriously doubt that Harry would be requesting a separate suite or room for Meghan. We'd probably never know about it if she does join him in Chicago.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:47 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionMaven View Post
This quote here really stood out for me:

Amazing when you think that at this point, pre-Harry she already thought her life was amazing... and could barely conceive how amazing it was... and then along came Harry. Wow. What a fairytale.
Thank you for this article! I hadn't seen it. Really, good insight into her thought process and motivations. It looks like the BRF will have a worker on their hands! I can see she and Sophie hitting it off. Possibly she and Autumn. Both educated, careerwomen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

If, perchance, Meghan did fly and join Harry in Chicago, it wouldn't be a public thing but kept rather private. Harry and his RPOs will already have their accommodations and I seriously doubt that Harry would be requesting a separate suite or room for Meghan. We'd probably never know about it if she does join him in Chicago.
I agree with that. Her going to Chicago might be their best bet and it would be pretty private. Any sighting would be by pure chance, if they tried to go out somewhere. But since this is in the middle of the week, it's very possible she won't be free. They might be telling themselves, "Hey, we'll be together all the time soon enough!"
Old 10-26-2017, 11:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I agree with that. Her going to Chicago might be their best bet and it would be pretty private. Any sighting would be by pure chance, if they tried to go out somewhere. But since this is in the middle of the week, it's very possible she won't be free. They might be telling themselves, "Hey, we'll be together all the time soon enough!"

I think it's unlikely that he would go to Toronto due to the hue and cry the last time he tried to stop off on his way home from an engagement.

She could go to Chicago but that would cause it's own set of issues if she popped up ..it would have to be very low key. Possible though.

LaRae
Old 10-26-2017, 11:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Thank you Marg for the above news article, what a wonderful young lady she is, darn, so down to earth and focused and just an amazing young woman. I was blown away by her attitude about life and all that comes with it. The ups and downs and how she handles them, Harry has really found a precious jewel in this woman for sure.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:31 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
Thank you Marg for the above news article, what a wonderful young lady she is, darn, so down to earth and focused and just an amazing young woman. I was blown away by her attitude about life and all that comes with it. The ups and downs and how she handles them, Harry has really found a precious jewel in this woman for sure.
Yeps! we are in love with this couple. Not because he's cute or she's gorgeous or they both have great hair but because of specific reasons that have been presented in this thread that allows us to get to *know* them for the people they are and how they interact together and have similar goals and similar likes and dislikes and a whole bunch of other things. The past articles and interviews are priceless.

As a sweat shirt said that I gave my dad one year for Christmas with Charlie Brown characters on it set to play baseball (he was a little league coach at the time and wore it for all games) "How can we lose when we're so sincere." That epitomizes, for me, what we see in Harry and Meghan.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:36 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Actually I was thinking she could turn up in Chicago. The flight from Chicago to Toronto isn't that long - if she has a long enough break in filming she could come to Chi town for dinner and then head back right after... She could legit fly down, do dinner in the evening and then fly back early the next morning.

The flight on Air Canada is less than 2 hours from Chicago - and she gains an hour because it's on Central Time. She could easily take a 6am flight back the next day to be back for filming.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:41 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionMaven View Post
Actually I was thinking she could turn up in Chicago. The flight from Chicago to Toronto isn't that long - if she has a long enough break in filming she could come to Chi town for dinner and then head back right after... She could legit fly down, do dinner in the evening and then fly back early the next morning.

The flight on Air Canada is less than 2 hours from Chicago - and she gains an hour because it's on Central Time. She could easily take a 6am flight back the next day to be back for filming.
That would be true dedication! But people in love do crazy things. It could work. But I doubt we'd know anything about it until it was over, if then.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:42 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Thank you for this article! I hadn't seen it. Really, good insight into her thought process and motivations. It looks like the BRF will have a worker on their hands! I can see she and Sophie hitting it off. Possibly she and Autumn. Both educated, careerwomen.
I just became emotional thinking about how perfectly Meghan fits in. It's literally like she prepared her whole life for this - her philanthropic works and idealism about helping others in the world, etc.. Acting is just what she does to pay her bills - but philanthropy - which is basically the job of a royal - is her passion.

Wow. I do think she and Sophie would get along really well. Meghan will be chomping at the bit to get going in patronages and charities.

I know she'll likely focus on getting pregnant first, but I don't see her letting that keep her from doing the work immediately - kinda like Diana in that sense.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Marg I just watched Meghan's interview with Larry King...she's very well spoken and articulate. Plus she has a very good message. I do like that she was talking about the issues and how to resolve them without getting negative.

LaRae
Old 10-27-2017, 12:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Maybe, maybe not.

Charles and Camilla do seem happy together but I don't know that we can assume second marriages are happier. That is one case.

But it is true that divorce should no longer be a stumbling block for Harry and Meghan.
What was unthinkable once upon a time is quite commonplace now.
Times change.
Anne and Tim seem to be happy as well-so both of the Queen's children who married again seem to have successful marriages as Jacqui pointed out.

And just because Meghan is divorced, we don't know why (not that it is any of our business.) Maybe her ex-husband decided he didn't like being married. Who knows.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Good heavens, with all this doom and gloom I find myself hoping that if/when an engagement is announced, it is short and sweet. If they have their ducks all in a row and it is announced when and where the wedding is to take place, all we will have to do is get swept up in the usual pre-wedding hype.

Pondering wedding gowns and uniforms sounds good right about now.
Once there is an engagement announced I imagine we'll get a wedding date shortly after. William & Kate's wedding date was announced Nov 23 after the engagement announcement on Nov 16.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:50 AM
Majesty

I don't think that this article has been posted yet.

Prince Harry had a 'crush' on Meghan Markle for two years | Daily Mail Online