The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 05:00 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Not only able to handle it with class and dignity but they're professionals at being able to elude, bypass and totally give the media absolutely nothing to work with. This causes the media to come up with "fake news". They could give politicians of the world lessons on how to run around the media.

Old 10-26-2017, 05:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think its a good thing to be wary. Especially of the Daily Fail. They're not known for fair and balanced reporting and do have a habit of twisting things in such ways as to make a mountain out of a molehill so to speak. It was because of publications such as the Fail and their actions that propelled Harry into action making the official statement that he did around a year ago.

We do tend to be more fair and balanced here and exhibiting pride in having a background so similar to Meghan's has to be a total joy and we all share that with you. Its a background to be proud of. Its a background that Meghan also is proud of and doesn't hide under a bushel but lets it shine through. We may see the American story twisted and turned into meanings that are totally fabricated as time passes but to be honest, we know better.
Personally I think it's fabulous that Harry may be on his way to marrying an American. Americans have been marrying into the English Aristocracy for a long long time. You are indeed welcome, people of England, for Winston's Churchill's mother.

LaRae

Old 10-26-2017, 05:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Considering that Meghan has herself flown into London from Canada several times since this romance has become public and Harry has had comparatively few trips to Toronto (more difficult for him) I can't see that he is more into her than Meghan is into him at all.
I agree. She looked pretty into him at their last appearance at the IG. Also, the pictures of them at the wedding in Jamaica showed her arm around him and her looking very sweetly at him. I think they are equally in love with each other.
Old 10-26-2017, 05:17 PM
Majesty

Not to throw the thread off topic but as long as we're on American ancestors, lets not forget Harry's great great grandmother, Frances Ellen Work. That relationship is closer than Harry's is to Queen Victoria.
Old 10-26-2017, 05:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
I agree-I asked this yesterday. I would like to understand why those who don't see Meghan & Harry as a couple working together to a mutual goal of marriage feel that way. What do you see that we apparently don't to lead you to that conclusion? Why do you think Meghan gave up/is giving up all her jobs if not to willingly prepare for a totally new life?
I would like to know that, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
Divorce will make her RIGHT at home in the Firm.
Ain't that the truth!
Old 10-26-2017, 05:26 PM
Majesty

Good heavens, with all this doom and gloom I find myself hoping that if/when an engagement is announced, it is short and sweet. If they have their ducks all in a row and it is announced when and where the wedding is to take place, all we will have to do is get swept up in the usual pre-wedding hype.

Pondering wedding gowns and uniforms sounds good right about now.
Old 10-26-2017, 06:13 PM
Majesty

Oh I'm all for getting into discussing all things pertaining to a royal engagement and a royal wedding but I think we're supposed to wait until there's an actual "official" engagement. Dagnabit!

For those that are relatively new to The Royal Forums and are interested in the American angle of the ancestral tree as it not only relates to Meghan, but also to Harry, it may be surprising to know that Harry also has an Canadian born American actor in his family tree. His name is Oliver Platt and can currently be seen in one of the pretty popular "Chicago" series, Chicago Med. A lot more information can be found on the last page of this thread. Took me a while to find it again but I did.

Princess Diana's Ancestry and Family

Now.... back to the relationship we goes.
Old 10-26-2017, 06:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Not to throw the thread off topic but as long as we're on American ancestors, lets not forget Harry's great great grandmother, Frances Ellen Work. That relationship is closer than Harry's is to Queen Victoria.
IIRC, she was disowned by her father for marrying her English boyfriend! Her father didn't think much of the aristocracy!

LaRae

Quote:
Oh I'm all for getting into discussing all things pertaining to a royal engagement and a royal wedding but I think we're supposed to wait until there's an actual "official" engagement. Dagnabit!

For those that are relatively new to The Royal Forums and are interested in the American angle of the ancestral tree as it not only relates to Meghan, but also to Harry, it may be surprising to know that Harry also has an Canadian born American actor in his family tree. His name is Oliver Platt and can currently be seen in one of the pretty popular "Chicago" series, Chicago Med. A lot more information can be found on the last page of this thread. Took me a while to find it again but I did.

Now.... back to the relationship we goes.

Yeah we tried to talk about dresses etc at one point...but they deleted all the posts!

LaRae
Old 10-26-2017, 06:52 PM
Majesty

Y'know, with Harry and Meghan not giving us overly much to work with as far as fodder for discussing a relationship and also taking their own very sweet time announcing an engagement, they're making things awfully difficult for us to find relationships stuff to keep this thread alive but somehow, we do.

No wonder we all have ants in our pants hoping for a royal engagement announcement. We have stuff to talk about and we want to get going gung ho on it all. Guess for now we just have to adopt a British motto of "keep calm and carry on".
Old 10-26-2017, 06:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Just like to point out three out of four of the Queen's children are divorced. Her daughter in law is also a divorcee. So far, the second marriages have proven to be more successful than the first for her children. So I think that ship has long sailed.

Maybe, maybe not.

Charles and Camilla do seem happy together but I don't know that we can assume second marriages are happier. That is one case.

But it is true that divorce should no longer be a stumbling block for Harry and Meghan.
What was unthinkable once upon a time is quite commonplace now.
Times change.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:15 PM
Courtier

I find the genealogy material on Meghan very fascinating. At least they used professional genealogists. I am a genealogy nut myself and sometimes it can be like finding a needle in a haystack. You really have to be careful and document everything. It took me 30 years to do my husbands family and I still have one roadblock. I am sure more details will show up about Meghan as time goes on. Things kept showing up about Kate over along period of time.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Maybe, maybe not.

Charles and Camilla do seem happy together but I don't know that we can assume second marriages are happier. That is one case.
I was specifically talking about the Queen's children.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I've deleted the discussion about personal family trees/DNA tests. Let's keep the discussion on Meghan and Harry, please.

If you wish to discuss Harry's ancestry, you can do so in any of the various ancestry threads. Just to name a few:

American Ancestors of William and Harry
Germanic Ancestry of the House of Windsor
Old 10-26-2017, 07:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Moving to Canada to pursue a career that you presumably always wanted, isn't IMO the same as moving to Europe to engage in a very different way of life. True if she has children they will have to be mostly raised in the UK, but if their marriage doesn't wrok out she might well give up on it before they have children.
How long do you suggest they wait before having children? Of course there are no guarantees that they will have them but she is not at an age where waiting for 5 years to see whether the marriage works out (which nobody should do, that's a decision you have to make beforehand) is an option before having children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
Did Meghan always want a career in acting? I have read, that she has been very interested in other career options as well, her passion hasn't always been acting. She doesn't seem to have one set mind, adapts easily to things and new environments. She already has friends in UK, seems to enjoy spending time here. I don't understand how moving to Canada for a job would be that much different than moving to UK for another kind of job.
Quote:
I'm not talking about her career, I'm talking about how well she has adapted to life in Canada. Not only is she working there, but her life seemed to have flourished there. She has friends that she doesn't work with. She's involved with different charitable organizations with causes that she cares about. Her life there goes so much beyond Suits. She moved there to take on a new job, just like she'll move to UK to take on a marriage and a new job. It's clearly a job that she wants as well as we've seen how much she's already worked with different charities even before Harry. In fact, she's talked about how this is the type of work that feeds her soul.
An important difference between moving to Canada (on your own just after you got married? They clearly didn't have their priorities right) and to the UK, is that Canada was a temporary move. She signed up for a season or maybe a few seasons and if she didn't like it she could easily move back to the States. Moving to the UK to marry Harry would be a decision for a lifetime!
Old 10-26-2017, 08:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I was specifically talking about the Queen's children.
Yes, so was I.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:04 PM
Majesty

There is also the world of difference time makes. Moving to Canada with a promising acting career that, at the time, was part of her life's ambition but also with a relatively new marriage had to have mixed emotions as both of these things just couldn't be meshed together to work. Either way, whatever she would have decided at that time, it would have been a sacrifice and one of those things that would create those "what if" thoughts in years to come.

I believe that should Meghan walk away from Suits, Canada and her acting career into a marriage with Harry that there will not be those "what if" scenarios that would be hanging over her for the rest of her life. It will be a move that is made freely with knowing that what she is doing is exactly what she wants to do and the way she wants her life to go.

She's made a success of her acting career and perhaps, over time, has found that the work her acting career made possible for her to do in making the world a better place is her true calling. No "what ifs" but more looking forward to "whats next?" kind of thing.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:21 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Please do not believe that the DM reflects the entire British press because it doesnt. Most bloggers and posters tend to use it because they like the pictures (then say they ignore the text).

The most reliable papers sadly are subscription based. I can recommend using British Television news outlets esp ITV. They have a new royal reporter who is balanced and fair (does need convincing which is good). Try @chrisshipitv on twitter.

Other news outlets being Sky and BBC

( sorry for going off topic)

I know Im late but welcome to RF
You are quite right. I really shouldn't brush with such a broad stroke. I just think I was so put off from the tone of the coverage coming from some (not all) in the UK when their relationship was first reported I've been wary ever since. But there has certainly been some very fair, straight, down the middle coverage as well. And I found @chrisshipitv during Invictus and have been following him ever since!
Old 10-26-2017, 08:40 PM
Aristocracy

That’s right Osipi, it’s the “what’s next” that counts. I can’t wait to see them soar with their devotion to helping others and the joy they bring to each other. It’s contagious-so young and already making a difference. Two very special people bringing the best out in each other. It’s heartwarming!
Old 10-26-2017, 08:53 PM
Majesty

Heartwarming is also being privileged to be able to watch Harry's true nature come out in full force. As much as we're focusing on the relationship angle between Harry and Meghan here, as we should be, its also worthwhile to take a minute and read some about what Harry is doing in Denmark in the here and now.

This is the kind of guy that had a flash of insight moment in his life that changed it forever and it played a big part in who he is now. It has never been forgotten. The story is on the last page of this thread. I think it gives insight into the person that Meghan fell in love with and it also shows that what attracted Meghan to him was they found that they are kindred souls.

Prince Harry: Official Visit to Denmark - October 25-26, 2017
Old 10-26-2017, 09:02 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that Harry comes across as much happier in the last year or so since meeting Meghan.

I never had heard of Meghan before this situation...so I don't have a barometer for her...but she does appear very happy the couple times we've seen her with him.

Both of them seem much more relaxed (now) since the first few pics we saw of them (walking to/from a place to eat in London) under the media/public eye.

LaRae

Closed Thread