The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-25-2017, 06:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
It's also a good career move on many levels.
Not convinced moving to London would necessarily be 'a good career move'..'Suits' aired for a short time on the TV Channel 'Dave' and then dropped,and is now on 'Netflix' but has little 'presence' in this country.Unless Ms Markle can pick up work with the major TV Channels here, or plans Stage Work in London I think it would be a retrograde step. She simply isn't famous here, beyond the minority that know her as 'Harry's girlfriend'.

Old 10-25-2017, 06:10 PM
Nobility

I don't know how her moving to London would be a good career move for her? How closing down lucrative deals, blog and quitting her show are good career moves for her.

Old 10-25-2017, 06:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Depends on what type of career she plans to transition to. If she's transitioning into being a member of the BRF ..it is a good career move to close those things down.

LaRae
Old 10-25-2017, 06:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Depends on what type of career she plans to transition to. If she's transitioning into being a member of the BRF ..it is a good career move to close those things down.

LaRae
That I agree with.

If she wished to remain working in the entertainment industry, those are lousy career moves.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
I don't know how her moving to London would be a good career move for her? How closing down lucrative deals, blog and quitting her show are good career moves for her.
Agreed. No offense to the UK, but why would an American actress move to the UK to boost her career? It's usually people from the UK moving to the US to make it big. The pinnacle of the entertainment industry is LA. The only reason she's in Toronto is because her US show shoots there. She's not trying to "make it" in the UK. She's already made it in the US. Most actors are happy to book a steady job on a popular show. She's done that. A show that's lasted 7 seasons is nothing to sneeze at. That's syndication money. And Suits is exactly the type of show that does well in syndication.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:48 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliec76 View Post
Agreed. No offense to the UK, but why would an American actress move to the UK to boost her career? It's usually people from the UK moving to the US to make it big. The pinnacle of the entertainment industry is LA. The only reason she's in Toronto is because her US show shoots there. She's not trying to "make it" in the UK. She's already made it in the US. Most actors are happy to book a steady job on a popular show. She's done that. A show that's lasted 7 seasons is nothing to sneeze at. That's syndication money. And Suits is exactly the type of show that does well in syndication.
Yep. As an American, if she wanted to, she could use this hype to get a part on some cooking show, hosting gigs etc, but that would happen in America, not UK.

Imho nothing she has done suggests, that entertainment career is her main goal. She has been so quiet, no PR whatsoever, no red carpets, no interviews, nothing. That's not how you build a career in the showbiz.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:04 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
Yep. As an American, if she wanted to, she could use this hype to get a part on some cooking show, hosting gigs etc, but that would happen in America, not UK.

Imho nothing she has done suggests, that entertainment career is her main goal. She has been so quiet, no PR whatsoever, no red carpets, no interviews, nothing. That's not how you build a career in the showbiz.
And it took her a while to really reach this point in her career. She's not walking that back without some serious thought and a very good reason. And a plan. Just because we don't know about it, doesn't mean she and they (Harry) don't have a plan.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:06 PM
Heir Apparent

If an actor/actress wanted to go on stage London might be a great place (besides NYC) to cut their teeth..a good number of famous actors/actresses from the US and UK have done stage work to improve themselves.

However no treading the boards isn't why Meghan would be moving to London.

LaRae
Old 10-25-2017, 07:07 PM
Nobility

She might be doing a season at the RSC !!
Old 10-25-2017, 07:20 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
She might be doing a season at the RSC
HaHaHa.. Hardly ! She hasn't the talent, nor ANY stage experience..
Old 10-25-2017, 07:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
But , as the man said "All the world's a stage" !!
Old 10-25-2017, 07:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
She did a theatre degree at Northwestern. I'd have to see some evidence before I believed that she has no stage experience.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:36 PM
Courtier

It's odd to suggest that somehow because media is salivating at another royal wedding that Harry and Meghan are being pressured into anything. Media was doing the same in terms of engagement/wedding watch and speculation with Chelsey and Cressida too. Clearly, they haven't been able to bully the Prince into it.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:41 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think its all pretty moot when it comes to the UK and Meghan seeking acting roles. I believe that if Meghan had any kind of interest in pursuing her acting career, the logical step would be to renew her contract with Suits. Why give up something that is tried and true for the great unknown? It just doesn't seem logical to me at all.

From what we've seen and know to be true about what Meghan has done with her life since meeting Harry, its seems more likely that the move to the UK would have Harry as the top priority behind it and an understanding between herself and Harry underlining it.

One thing I think we're getting a clear picture of if Meghan is indeed in the process of becoming a member of the British royal family is that there really is quite a distinction between being a celebrity and being a royal. We most likely are witnessing a metamorphosis between the two types of roles. Interesting isn't it?
Old 10-25-2017, 08:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliec76 View Post
That 7 years on a TV show means is very important, recently 2 actress have quit 2 different TV shows where they have been on for 7 years, now they are free to pursue other adventures in the industry and still have money coming in when the show appears on as a rerun and they are in it.... very smart of these ladies. Always having money coming in on a show that is in syndication and enjoying life if not working......so maybe Meghan will have her own money coming in when Suits goes into syndication also. After all she worked for it....
Old 10-25-2017, 08:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
One can think they are a cute couple and still be wary of thinking they are headed for marriage. There are innumerable indications that suggest they are not necessarily a 'done deal', but having a gnarly back-and-forth conversation about that is pointless imo.

Well, the strong statement could be taken as just that: the press were making a private citizen's life unbearable solely because of affiliation with Harry. Seems reasonable to me to say something about that. If Harry hadn't (and doesn't in the future with anyone else) he'd be finding it very hard to date methinks.

All of Meghan's actions can be viewed as short term actions. None of them are irrevocable, and maybe she was already thinking of some changes. Who knows. I think she was getting some ugly stuff via social media, so shutting that down was an easy decision.

She could certainly be thinking of moving to London to live-in with Harry. Such a move does not presage marriage necessarily in my book. It's also a good career move on many levels.

As for the Invictus Games, that was clearly a show, yes. Unusual, in fact. More for Harry than for her, I think. He's the one to watch. Meghan is saying yes to an adventure. I'm with her on that. But marriage? If I were her girlfriend I'd caution great care, go slow. This is a situation that may not be what it seems. That's what I'd caution and she'd then do what she wants.

I think Harry is looking at marriage as the end goal. He is doing all he can to win her. But how far Meghan may be willing to go at this point, well, we'll be finding out. 20/20 is always superior.
In doing all he can to win her............if she was not agreeable to the relationship by *now* after how many months, then she would be *long gone* for Meghan does not seem like the kind of woman that sits around waiting for a man to take care of her, she is very capable of taking care of herself. Harry does not have to *win* her, they are a team as they have been showing us all along for months now by *their very own actions*, nobody is twisting their arms or her arms to do anything.......as the saying goes...........*Actions speak louder then words* and when I see pictures of the 2 of them holding hands, arms around each other, light kisses in public, all those *actions* speak volumes to me and others.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
In doing all he can to win her............if she was not agreeable to the relationship by *now* after how many months, then she would be *long gone* for Meghan does not seem like the kind of woman that sits around waiting for a man to take care of her, she is very capable of taking care of herself. Harry does not have to *win* her, they are a team as they have been showing us all along for months now by *their very own actions*, nobody is twisting their arms or her arms to do anything.......as the saying goes...........*Actions speak louder then words* and when I see pictures of the 2 of them holding hands, arms around each other, light kisses in public, all those *actions* speak volumes to me and others.
I agree, I don't see any signs that Meghan is playing hard to get or is undecided. The impression I get is she is all in and has made the changes in her acting life to transition into her new life.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:24 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyT View Post
What does feminism have to do with Meghan's decision?
Pretty sure it's self explanatory. Meghan describes herself as a feminist and she's also been 100% self sufficient. No way would she shut down a stream of income that she was using to support herself without having really good assurances of what she was doing it for.

Feminism isn't a dirty word, btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post

LaRae
Speaking as a woman with a corporate job - I don't typically leave one job until I am 100% sure about my new job.

That's why I think Meghan and Harry have had conversations about this and have an understanding.

Quote:
What are you basing that on? TV is a different medium, requiring more a different approach. Has she done a stage production that I missed somewhere? Or are you extrapolating?

Her degree suggests she'd have the foundation to do theater.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionMaven View Post
Speaking as a woman with a corporate job - I don't typically leave one job until I am 100% sure about my new job.

That's why I think Meghan and Harry have had conversations about this and have an understanding.
Agree: Ms Markle has no plans to let this one get away!
Old 10-25-2017, 10:39 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
That 7 years on a TV show means is very important, recently 2 actress have quit 2 different TV shows where they have been on for 7 years, now they are free to pursue other adventures in the industry and still have money coming in when the show appears on as a rerun and they are in it.... very smart of these ladies. Always having money coming in on a show that is in syndication and enjoying life if not working......so maybe Meghan will have her own money coming in when Suits goes into syndication also. After all she worked for it....
Meghan has also talked extensively about how hard it is to get work as a biracial actress. So I find it a stretch to believe that she would 1) give up a steady source of income and 2) pick up and go to the UK to "make it" as an actress when UK actors come to the US to make it. Plus, she'd already have made it with Suits. The only thing next would be movies and that wouldn't be happening in the UK.

She will still have money coming in from syndication, but I doubt she's leaving for greener pastures - she's done almost no press - except that one interview. And that wasn't even about future career stuff - it was about the here and now with Suits, her life, and a tiny part about Harry.

If Meghan has closed up Suits and everything else tying her to Toronto/US to move to the UK it's not for a new career. It's for Harry and hopefully it's for marriage to Harry. Otherwise that'd be crazy to give up The Tig - she made over a million a year on it.