The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 08:13 PM
Heir Apparent

They are dating already nearly one and a half year; his relationship with Cressida lasted 23 months and ended in April 2014 - Cressida just turned 25 then and maybe she didn't feel mature enough to start a family? Meghan is much older and feels as such and Harry too: he is three years older now and maturer, and probably - when he observes happy in his fatherhood William - he wants more and more to become a father himself.

Old 10-23-2017, 08:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty1224 View Post
Hmmm funny seems like some people and the media were hoping when Harry was dating Cressida they would engage and marry as well. I believe Meghan is not the one. Sorry.
The press always thinks he's going to marry the lady he's dating. However, this relationship has seen obvious signs from him that this is it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
They are dating already nearly one and a half year; his relationship with Cressida lasted 23 months and ended in April 2014 - Cressida just turned 25 then and maybe she didn't feel mature enough to start a family? Meghan is much older and feels as such and Harry too: he is three years older now and maturer, and probably - when he observes happy in his fatherhood William - he wants more and more to become a father himself.
I think Harry is also in a better place as a person. I believe he begin therapy after the Cressida relationship ornearing the end of it. Not sure on the exact timeline though.

Old 10-23-2017, 08:42 PM
Courtier

I never got the impression Harry and Cressida were ever that serious. But the whole relationship with Meghan has been different. I think they are already engaged and are only waiting until Meghan is free from work obligations to move onto the next step of their lives.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:56 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
I never got the impression Harry and Cressida were ever that serious. But the whole relationship with Meghan has been different. I think they are already engaged and are only waiting until Meghan is free from work obligations to move onto the next step of their lives.
Yup totally agree. I think Harry and Meghan found each other when they least expected to meet that special someone. And we see the happiness that follows.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Nope neither did I ..that relationship had a 'end date' on it from the git go.

LaRae
Old 10-23-2017, 09:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty1224 View Post
Hmmm funny seems like some people and the media were hoping when Harry was dating Cressida they would engage and marry as well. I believe Meghan is not the one. Sorry.
Just curious as to what makes you think Meghan is not the one for Harry? I have never seen him this happy or content before.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:12 PM
Heir Apparent

News on a Channel 4 documentary to be aired soon which examines Meghan, her family ancestry and the romance. It has various 'experts' pontificating, but it sounds as if it will be interesting and quite balanced.

Here's When Channel 4's Long-Awaited Meghan Markle Documentary Will Air
Old 10-23-2017, 10:51 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I agree exactly That's exactly why I don't agree they are engaged.

The next step of their life together is engagement. There is little reason, other then people's obsession with an African proposal, that they would hide an engagement for how many months.

Engagement is indeed the next step. A step they will take when she is done her commitments and moves to London to be with him. I have no doubt they have a promise to be engaged already, an understanding on a time frame. But I also don't get the whole, she is been hiding a ring for months, thing.

I think people just seem so anxious for a wedding. And seem worried if he proposes in December, that they will keep it private for a few months which will delay a wedding. There is no need to believe that or think that. And no chance of a wedding realistically before at least end of May either way.

Quote:
I think Harry is also in a better place as a person. I believe he begin therapy after the Cressida relationship ornearing the end of it. Not sure on the exact timeline though.
According to an interview he gave, Harry actually entered therapy before or during his relationship with Cress. He said in an interview that at 28 he had been having such trouble dealing with his issues, he was finally convinced to seek therapy. That was in 2012, around the time Cress entered the picture.

I do think Cress was just a relationship of convenience. And for both of them. I honestly don't think either of them entered it thinking it would be serious. I think they were both using each other, with full knowledge of each other. Harry was looking for a fun date when he was not away with the army. Not a serious relationship as he didn't have the time. And perhaps during therapy, he realized he wasn't in the mental place to have a real relationship. She was fresh from college, and wanting some fun, and who better then a prince. And if it helped get her some PR for her acting, all the better. Not in any way at all saying that Cress was a gold digger, actually the exact opposite. Or that she lied to him at all. As I don't. I think they both knew full well what the other wanted from the relationship. It ran its course and ended.

After his childhood love with Chelsy, and his fun love with Cress, Harry is now ready to find a steady love to make a life with.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:01 PM
Courtier

My reason for believing they are not announcing an engagement already is Meghan's commitment to finish her Suits contract. Once that has been fulfilled Meghan can do what she likes.
I do think they have an understanding and have thoroughly discussed marriage-perhaps it is more they both wanted this and there is no need for a traditional proposal.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:15 PM
Heir Apparent

What I took from the Cress thing dying is that Cressida was and probably still is 110% devoted to the arts, in particular, singing, dancing, music, jazz, Caribbean music.

It's been said that Harry collects art and does enjoy the theatre but I wouldn't say that they had a huge amount in common otherwise. Attending music festivals and polo, perhaps. (Cressida did follow the game as the Wentworth-Stanley's were a polo mad family.)

Also, at the time Harry had just returned from Afghanistan, and was probably unsettled, Cress undecided about her future direction which she wanted to be in dance or the theatre I think. Neither were on the same page, as with the latter stages of the on-off romance between Chelsy and Harry.

I never got the impression that Cressida enjoyed clubbing or London nightlife over much, but I can't imagine a bonding which included evenings in just cooking, talking and enjoying each other's company.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:16 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Sometimes things just happen. My first proposal actually was driving along in a car down a country road and the guy stating "That's the kind of house I'd like when we get married". Not romantic at all but more of an understanding.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
My reason for believing they are not announcing an engagement already is Meghan's commitment to finish her Suits contract. Once that has been fulfilled Meghan can do what she likes.
I do think they have an understanding and have thoroughly discussed marriage-perhaps it is more they both wanted this and there is no need for a traditional proposal.
You can both be on the same page, but there is always a need for a traditional proposal.
Old 10-24-2017, 12:03 AM
Commoner

I have a feeling we'll see an engagement announcement at some point in the three or so weeks after the Queen and Prince Philip's anniversary on November 20. This allows them not to overshadow that anniversary but still allows Meghan to be present for the holiday celebrations at Sandringham, the family Christmas luncheon at the palace, etc.

Given that the new Baby Cambridge is due in April, I don't think it would be surprising to see a wedding in mid-late May. This would still allow for a honeymoon while allowing the couple to be back in time for the June activities.

Just my two cents but here's hoping.
Old 10-24-2017, 12:06 AM
Courtier

Does anyone know what date the Queen left for Balmoral this year?
Old 10-24-2017, 12:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
IIRC the first week of August...the 7th?

LaRae
Old 10-24-2017, 12:18 AM
Majesty

Quote:

Officially? She arrived on August 7th. And by that I mean, she has an official arrival which includes her inspecting her guards who are on duty when she is there. This was done on August 7th.

But she was in Scotland earlier. She attended a highlands games on August 5.

She will often come early, before her official arrival. The grounds though are open to the public so she stays at Craigowan lodge until the castle is closed for the season.

As for Christmas......even if engaged she wont be able to attend Sandringham. She would be able to attend the Christmas lunch in London.
Old 10-24-2017, 01:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
You can both be on the same page, but there is always a need for a traditional proposal.
I come from a culture that doesn’t do proposals, so I’m really curious. Do people actually do this in the UK/US?
You are in a serious relationship, say ‘’I love you’’, move in together, plan when you’re announcing your engagement, plan when you’ll get married, pick a church and wedding venue and THEN the guy proposes? Sorry, but this seems totally ludicrous to me. What’s the point of a proposal by this point? Is it to have bragging rights with your friends or something? I mean, there’s no romance to it, so I can’t see what a woman would get out of it.
Old 10-24-2017, 01:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Not everyone moves in together at the 'I love you' stage though, and some people do have an agreement with each other that they will be together for a lifetime (hopefully) but then enjoy the choosing of a ring, congratulations of family/friends, a party, and then start arranging a wedding over several months. Sometimes finances come into it.

As far as Harry/Meghan are concerned they may be secretly engaged without all the media fuss, while at the same time telling family and friends, alerting them to coordinate their diaries. Royal weddings take an awful lot of planning over a long period of time.
Old 10-24-2017, 01:50 AM
Courtier

Yes, but some people make it sound like Harry and Meghan have planed the wedding and their future lives to the tiniest detail and they still expect him to ‘’officially propose’’ at some future date.

Personally, I think there are two equally probable options:
1. He’s proposed and now they’re just planning the timeline of how and when things will be made public.
2. There is no engagement yet, but they have agreed that they’re serious and that Meghan will move to the UK after she finishes filming and then they’ll discuss and plan what happens next.
Old 10-24-2017, 01:55 AM
Aristocracy

Samantha will change her tune again once it's clear that she isn't getting an invite to the wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I agree exactly That's exactly why I don't agree they are engaged.

The next step of their life together is engagement. There is little reason, other then people's obsession with an African proposal, that they would hide an engagement for how many months.

Engagement is indeed the next step. A step they will take when she is done her commitments and moves to London to be with him. I have no doubt they have a promise to be engaged already, an understanding on a time frame. But I also don't get the whole, she is been hiding a ring for months, thing.

I think people just seem so anxious for a wedding. And seem worried if he proposes in December, that they will keep it private for a few months which will delay a wedding. There is no need to believe that or think that. And no chance of a wedding realistically before at least end of May either way.
Well I'm one who wouldn't be surprised if they are already engaged but I've never favored the idea of an African proposal nor do I think a December proposal would mean a delayed engagement announcement or wedding. Whether Harry has already proposed or is waiting another month or two, I believe an announcement will come no later than January 2018. And to be clear, I don't really have a preference one way or another, I just don't think he'd necessarily wait to propose, particularly if they've already discussed and decided on marriage, when Meghan would move, when they'd announce an engagement etc. (and I do believe this to be the case).

Closed Thread