The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #2741  
Old 10-23-2017, 01:01 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,429
I, too, think our long wait is about to end. Its been kind of rough over this past year in this thread with so very little that has been reported that could be taken as true, blue credible and a lot of the reports that have been made just added to our frustration at how very, very good both Harry and Meghan have been in keeping their personal relationship under the radar and to themselves. Some have reported sheer fantasy. Some have capitalized on the relationship to pad their own pockets and some have actually stuck to their journalistic principles and did a fine job.

Once these two announce their engagement and perhaps give an interview, I'm hoping our moderators will be able to breathe a bit easier as there will be so much more for us to discuss. Gowns, flowers, tiaras, wedding venue, bridal party and anything and everything that is a lead up to a right royal wedding.

One day in November that I'm looking at in hopes of an announcement is perhaps November 16th. It just might start a tradition of royal engagement announcements as W&K announced theirs on November 16th seven years ago. When we hear that the press pack has been called in for an announcement, we'll pretty much know the reason.

Think I'm going to go and dust off my Waterford champagne flute so its ready to toast this couple's announcement of intended nuptials. I do so love a royal wedding.
__________________

__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #2742  
Old 10-23-2017, 01:04 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Lyman View Post
I don’t often join this debate. But now they have announced that there will be no public celebration for the Queen and DOE’s platinum anniversary. I think there will be an announcement as soon as Suits is finished and she will attend the private family anniversary dinner of which a picture will be released about a week later.

Having considered the other views on here I’ve gone from wanting to an Abbey wedding to agreeing St George’s is far more likely and I think it would actually be lovely.
I think this has more to do with Phillip's health than anything else.

About a future wedding, I'm still desperately hoping for an Abbey wedding... but we will see I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I, too, think our long wait is about to end. Its been kind of rough over this past year in this thread with so very little that has been reported that could be taken as true, blue credible and a lot of the reports that have been made just added to our frustration at how very, very good both Harry and Meghan have been in keeping their personal relationship under the radar and to themselves. Some have reported sheer fantasy. Some have capitalized on the relationship to pad their own pockets and some have actually stuck to their journalistic principles and did a fine job.

Once these two announce their engagement and perhaps give an interview, I'm hoping our moderators will be able to breathe a bit easier as there will be so much more for us to discuss. Gowns, flowers, tiaras, wedding venue, bridal party and anything and everything that is a lead up to a right royal wedding.

One day in November that I'm looking at in hopes of an announcement is perhaps November 16th. It just might start a tradition of royal engagement announcements as W&K announced theirs on November 16th seven years ago. When we hear that the press pack has been called in for an announcement, we'll pretty much know the reason.

Think I'm going to go and dust off my Waterford champagne flute so its ready to toast this couple's announcement of intended nuptials. I do so love a royal wedding.
Me too! I cannot wait - there will be an absolute FRENZY here in the US. This place is going to go bonkers.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2743  
Old 10-23-2017, 01:19 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
On Harry, Meghan and The Queen’s tea meeting-
https://mobile.twitter.com/byEmilyAn...84712043294720
I'm believing she has the scoop on this one. Pretty detailed info, and to me it sounds believable and realistic.
Reply With Quote
  #2744  
Old 10-23-2017, 01:38 PM
duchessrachel's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, United States
Posts: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionMaven View Post
I think this has more to do with Phillip's health than anything else.

About a future wedding, I'm still desperately hoping for an Abbey wedding... but we will see I guess.
I am holding out for an Abbey wedding too until I hear for a fact where it will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
I'm believing she has the scoop on this one. Pretty detailed info, and to me it sounds believable and realistic.
I believe it too. The "v short notice" makes me think there will be an engagement announcement before the end of the year.
Reply With Quote
  #2745  
Old 10-23-2017, 01:46 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
I believe it too. The "v short notice" makes me think there will be an engagement announcement before the end of the year.
Agreed - I wonder if Harry will propose right after - I cannot imagine him proposing before Meghan has a chance to meet the Queen.

Do we think this is her first time meeting HMQ?
Reply With Quote
  #2746  
Old 10-23-2017, 02:30 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Green Bay, United States
Posts: 580
I have been wondering if Meghan would finish filming her scenes by Oct. 31. Then she could fly to London with Harry after his meeting with President Obama.
Reply With Quote
  #2747  
Old 10-23-2017, 02:33 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,429
Its hard to speculate just when and where Meghan would have met the Queen. I don't think she would have had to have met HM before Harry would even think about proposing but actually, I think it would be the other way around. She wouldn't have been set up to meet the Queen unless they both had the understanding that they would marry. As close as Harry is to his grandmother, I'm sure that his relationship with Meghan over the past year was any great secret and I've read quite a few places where HM can and does keep abreast of whatever is going on in her family's lives.

The tea at Buckingham Palace, to me, was the more "formal" meet the Queen scenario as meeting the grand matriarch of not only the family but the monarch and head of the "Firm". The Big Boss. For all we know, Meghan could have gone with Harry to Balmoral for a weekend and attended one of Philip's renowned BBQs and got to really know the Queen washing up the dishes afterwards. That would have been more along the lines of meeting Harry's grandmother.

There is just so much that we'll never know because, like the rest of us, they like to keep things private in their lives.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #2748  
Old 10-23-2017, 02:35 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,631
The meeting with the Queen, if it happened as speculated, is a mere formality. The Queen is not going to say no to Harry's request without some serious issue involved. Porn star, criminal etc So Harry could of already proposed back in Africa ..or he might wait until later, like another trip after Christmas.


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #2749  
Old 10-23-2017, 02:36 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Its hard to speculate just when and where Meghan would have met the Queen. I don't think she would have had to have met HM before Harry would even think about proposing but actually, I think it would be the other way around. She wouldn't have been set up to meet the Queen unless they both had the understanding that they would marry. As close as Harry is to his grandmother, I'm sure that his relationship with Meghan over the past year was any great secret and I've read quite a few places where HM can and does keep abreast of whatever is going on in her family's lives.

The tea at Buckingham Palace, to me, was the more "formal" meet the Queen scenario as meeting the grand matriarch of not only the family but the monarch and head of the "Firm". The Big Boss. For all we know, Meghan could have gone with Harry to Balmoral for a weekend and attended one of Philip's renowned BBQs and got to really know the Queen washing up the dishes afterwards. That would have been more along the lines of meeting Harry's grandmother.

There is just so much that we'll never know because, like the rest of us, we like to keep things private in our lives.
That makes sense. I guess there is meeting HMQ and then there is meeting Harry's grandmother.

I wonder if the latter could come before the former - like she met Elizabeth more casually first and then this was their formal reported meeting as HMQ and Rachel Meghan Markle?

This whole thing is so exciting.
Reply With Quote
  #2750  
Old 10-23-2017, 02:46 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Lakewood, United States
Posts: 151
I love royal weddings too and am hoping for a November announcement. It’s so very exciting as we watch “our couple”. Now Osipi, you’ve got me waiting for the 16th!
Reply With Quote
  #2751  
Old 10-23-2017, 02:48 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,429
That's one of the hardest things we have to remember. Elizabeth Alexandra Mary wears two faces. Her Queen face and her Grandma face when it comes to Harry. The public is usually only able to see HM's "Queen face" but every now and then we get a glimmer into the private Elizabeth. It was from a book written by her cousin Margaret Rhodes that I was able to pick up on how informal and at ease Philip's BBQs are and that the Queen enjoys the menial tasks such as washing dishes that we all think of as chores. I think Meghan would have been much more comfortable and at ease meeting Harry's grandparents in this manner before having a "formal" invitation to tea put on her.

It was also the Daily Beast article posted here that we were informed that HM often has Lady Sarah Chatto and Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie to tea. That kind of stuff doesn't make the daily papers but it does reflect that HM enjoys having family around for her tea time. If (and a big if as we've not had confirmation that the tea actually occurred) Meghan did sit down with the Queen for a tea time, its a pretty good indication that she's as good as family already. That the press even got wind of it points to it being a "formal" event that goes along with the Queen's daily ritual of tea time. Not just anyone gets invited to HM's sacrosanct and private ritual of her day. Her tea time and her audiences with ambassadors and prime ministers are two totally different beasts. (pun intended)
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #2752  
Old 10-23-2017, 02:58 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
That's one of the hardest things we have to remember. Elizabeth Alexandra Mary wears two faces. Her Queen face and her Grandma face when it comes to Harry. The public is usually only able to see HM's "Queen face" but every now and then we get a glimmer into the private Elizabeth. It was from a book written by her cousin Margaret Rhodes that I was able to pick up on how informal and at ease Philip's BBQs are and that the Queen enjoys the menial tasks such as washing dishes that we all think of as chores. I think Meghan would have been much more comfortable and at ease meeting Harry's grandparents in this manner before having a "formal" invitation to tea put on her.

It was also the Daily Beast article posted here that we were informed that HM often has Lady Sarah Chatto and Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie to tea. That kind of stuff doesn't make the daily papers but it does reflect that HM enjoys having family around for her tea time. If (and a big if as we've not had confirmation that the tea actually occurred) Meghan did sit down with the Queen for a tea time, its a pretty good indication that she's as good as family already. That the press even got wind of it points to it being a "formal" event that goes along with the Queen's daily ritual of tea time. Not just anyone gets invited to HM's sacrosanct and private ritual of her day. Her tea time and her audiences with ambassadors and prime ministers are two totally different beasts. (pun intended)
While Chelsy has met the Queen before it seems being invited to tea is an formality that is important if PH and MM are to get married. I think that prior to the tea invitation, PH was making his case to her regarding getting married and that the tea was a formal granting of his request to get married. Whatever has happened, Harry has been positively glowing.
Save
Reply With Quote
  #2753  
Old 10-23-2017, 04:36 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTchic View Post
Camilla broke the initial story and has been very positive about Meghan from the jump and was the only reporter who was positive about the VF article.
I think it should be noted that Harry's first tour after Camilla broke the news was the trip to Caribbeans in December 2016, and the only exclusive interview he gave was to Camilla Tominey. Camilla was initially slightly nervous about it since she kind of outed them, but apparently he was fine with it. It was truly the harassment that came afterwards that he had a problem with.
Reply With Quote
  #2754  
Old 10-23-2017, 04:48 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,429
Actually, when I think about it, Camilla Tominey has done herself well in the world of royal reporting which differentiates her from the rest of the pack that has not been so credible or even kind to both Harry and Meghan throughout their relationship. This is going to serve her well in the future should Harry and Meghan marry and begin a public life together.

As you've pointed out, Harry gave Ms. Tominey an exclusive interview in the Caribbean not long after the news broke that they were a couple. To me, this points out that there is a level of trust and acceptance and respect for Ms. Tominey's work. It is something that Harry will most likely remember going into the future and if there is such a beast as a "circle of trust" when it comes to the royal reporters, then Camilla Tominey will have proven herself to be reliable in the future with this couple.

It just puts me in mind of when William and Kate stepped outside of the Lindo wing right after George was born, they were standing there looking around and with being able to read lips, I saw Kate say "Oh look. There's Arthur!" She was referring to Arthur Edwards who is a well known photographer that works for The Sun and has specialized in photographing the British royals and has covered a lot of their tours.

There *are* such reporters and photographers that actually do a good job of things and are appreciated by the people they cover. We've just not seen a whole lot of that yet with the royal reporting on Harry and Meghan's relationship. I think an engagement announcement will see them all scrambling frantically to get on this couple's good side.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #2755  
Old 10-23-2017, 06:07 PM
Jacknch's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk/Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 5,798
In the interests of keeping this thread on topic yet enabling the continuation of an interesting topic, posts relating to the reactions of others to our interest in royalty have been moved to the Reactions To Your Interest In Royalty thread.
__________________
JACK
Reply With Quote
  #2756  
Old 10-23-2017, 06:30 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,653
I don't think we'll have long to wait until an engagement announcement either. I'm guessing that we'll get one by the end of the year.
I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall during their tea meeting with HM - which I agree does sound credible given the source.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #2757  
Old 10-23-2017, 06:56 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I don't think we'll have long to wait until an engagement announcement either. I'm guessing that we'll get one by the end of the year.
I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall during their tea meeting with HM - which I agree does sound credible given the source.
I'm expecting something from late Nov (Suits done) thru Jan.


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #2758  
Old 10-23-2017, 07:49 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Burke, United States
Posts: 129
Hmmm funny seems like some people and the media were hoping when Harry was dating Cressida they would engage and marry as well. I believe Meghan is not the one. Sorry.
Reply With Quote
  #2759  
Old 10-23-2017, 07:57 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,429
I never got that vibe from Cressida that the relationship was anything more than friends with benefits kind of thing. It just never came across as being a mature love match from either one of them. It was what it was and Harry had someone to go around with when he was home in the UK. Harry was also actively serving in the Army at that point so I doubt he was really serious about anyone at that time.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #2760  
Old 10-23-2017, 08:12 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty1224 View Post
Hmmm funny seems like some people and the media were hoping when Harry was dating Cressida they would engage and marry as well. I believe Meghan is not the one. Sorry.
There wasn't near the level of stuff going on with Cressie as there is with Meghan. Not from what I have seen.




LaRae
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 33 (8 members and 25 guests)
Alliec76, andrew, MaiaMia_53, QueenPenny, Spectator, Sunnystar, zaika
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Harry and Meghan: The Love Story" eya Royal Library 30 10-28-2017 02:39 AM




Popular Tags
best outfit birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events denmark duchess of cambridge eveningwear dutch state visit earl of snowdon europe general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín james bond king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein margherita monarchy news paris picture of the week prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince nicholas prince oscar prince philip prince sebastian princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen silvia state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family united kingdom victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:26 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises