The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #2701  
Old 10-22-2017, 02:06 PM
Nico's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 1,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
The main concern for many with St George is the size. Well the guard chapel is even smaller, it only seats 500 people.

Its highly unlikely they would use such a small setting, and one with no real royal connection other then one Diana memorial.

The only reason is logical is for people desperate for a London wedding as they think it will be more of a show.
It would be a nice tribute to Harry's career in the Army, and if you look twice, the royal connection is definitevely there :

The Household Division - Official site

All i can say is "why not ?"...
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2702  
Old 10-22-2017, 02:09 PM
hel hel is offline
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Kitchener, Canada
Posts: 392
As far as I can tell, the only reason that the Royal Military Chapel was floated is that the author claimed that Meghan wouldn't be able to have a religious wedding, but would need to have a separate civil wedding then a blessing.

Since we've seen evidence that that assertion is untrue, I'm not sure that anyone other than the article author is talking about the possibility.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2703  
Old 10-22-2017, 02:21 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
It would be a nice tribute to Harry's career in the Army, and if you look twice, the royal connection is definitevely there :

The Household Division - Official site

All i can say is "why not ?"...

Why not? Because it seats 500 people????

And while the regiment has a history of serving the queen, the chapel itself has no royal history. No weddings, funerals, burials that type of thing.

Yes it has a nice connection to Harry being in the blues and royals, but practicality wise its tiny for a royal wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
As far as I can tell, the only reason that the Royal Military Chapel was floated is that the author claimed that Meghan wouldn't be able to have a religious wedding, but would need to have a separate civil wedding then a blessing.

Since we've seen evidence that that assertion is untrue, I'm not sure that anyone other than the article author is talking about the possibility.
Indeed, according to the daily mail

Quote:
One important consideration both for courtiers and the Church of England is Meghan’s status as a divorcee. Under Church rules, she would be unable to have a religious wedding and, although it could take place in church, a ceremony would be a blessing instead, with a civil marriage taking place separately.
I guess fact checking has never been their strong point. Divorcees have been allowed to marry in the church of England since 2002. They just need the priests permission. Prince Charles was a whole other matter, because of who he was marrying (the woman involved in his divorce) and the fact he will be head of the church one day.
Reply With Quote
  #2704  
Old 10-22-2017, 02:35 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: pinner, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,530
Quote:
i just can't imagine their reaction for the Guard's chapel ...
They will go 'into orbit'...
Reply With Quote
  #2705  
Old 10-22-2017, 03:01 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTchic View Post
Yeah that side of her family - Doria's family - haven't spoken to the media unlike her half siblings and the other Markles who can't seem to shut up.

The nephew could have not spoken to the media if he wanted to reach out to Meghan. Sorry looks desperate and money grubbing. Have you seen what sister has done? Set up a gofundme for a new house. I know she suffers from MS but her Meghan are estranged. She expects her sibling to look after her which is funny as she has grown children who can look after her but no they don't talk to her either.

If and when Harry and Meghan do get married, I hope it is only her mother's side and her dad show up as family.
Meghan is close to her niece, who is Samantha's daughter. She's technically a Hale, but from that Markle side of the family. She's stayed completely silent. She's a practicing attorney and went to Georgetown University, which is a pretty prestigious school in US. Camilla Tominey recently did a piece on her that someone tweeted a print version of. The article contained the name of the firm she used to work for and the current firm she works for. I recognized the previous firm, as the company (Fortune 500) I work for has hired them in past. I definitely think she might be at least invited to the wedding. Obviously, with a daughter who is a successful attorney, Samantha does have family that can help out financially if it's a true need.
Reply With Quote
  #2706  
Old 10-22-2017, 03:12 PM
hel hel is offline
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Kitchener, Canada
Posts: 392
OTOH, at least the Guards Chapel has sightlines to the main event for everyone present, unlike either St. Georges or Westminster. For the vast majority of people at royal weddings, being in the nave means you just get to say that you were there and saw the bridal couple as they passed by.
Reply With Quote
  #2707  
Old 10-22-2017, 03:14 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,572
Prince Harry's girl Meghan Markle inspired by niece for Suits role | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Ashleigh is 31, closer in age to Meghan then Meghan is to her half siblings. It should be noted that her and her brother Christopher were raised by their paternal grandparents. It seems Samantha's attitude towards Meghan, and willingness to speak to the press which rubbed off on her younger daughter who has spoken to the press, didn't affect her older children. Neither Ashleigh or Christopher have spoken to the press. I am not sure if Meghan has any kind of relationship with Christopher, but she certainly seems to from her IG account with Ashleigh. I'd hope that Ashleigh would not be grouped in with the other Markles and not lose an invite.
Reply With Quote
  #2708  
Old 10-22-2017, 03:43 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
OTOH, at least the Guards Chapel has sightlines to the main event for everyone present, unlike either St. Georges or Westminster. For the vast majority of people at royal weddings, being in the nave means you just get to say that you were there and saw the bridal couple as they passed by.
I thought they had screens up with streaming in the areas without sightlines at W&K's wedding?
I think I'd rather be invited and attend a royal wedding without a sightline to the alter, than not be invited at all because the venue was too small.
Reply With Quote
  #2709  
Old 10-22-2017, 04:02 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
OTOH, at least the Guards Chapel has sightlines to the main event for everyone present, unlike either St. Georges or Westminster. For the vast majority of people at royal weddings, being in the nave means you just get to say that you were there and saw the bridal couple as they passed by.
True but sightlines for 500 people. How practical would that be for a royal wedding? Edward's wedding was considered small and private, and he had more then that.
Reply With Quote
  #2710  
Old 10-22-2017, 04:21 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Zionsville, United States
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
True but sightlines for 500 people. How practical would that be for a royal wedding? Edward's wedding was considered small and private, and he had more then that.
The author of this article seems to be suggesting the Guards Chapel on the erroneous belief that Meghan can't have a religious ceremony. We know that's not true because some top person from the Church of England already said that she could get married at WA if they wished. So not being able to have a religious ceremony won't be part of the couples decision making process. So I just don't see how the Guards Chapel is even a consideration.

I'm thinking it's either Westminster Abbey or St. George's. And I'm leaning St. George's.
Reply With Quote
  #2711  
Old 10-22-2017, 06:01 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 3,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Thank you soapstar. Now as I mentioned, I'm a curly haired person, so I'd love to see another royal lady with curly hair other than QEII and Lalla Salma. (However I do understand that some with naturally curly hair ie: Kate, Infanta Elena do blow their hair out because it is easier.
Reply With Quote
  #2712  
Old 10-22-2017, 06:57 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,321
With The Queen and Prince Philip not doing any major celebration for their 70th wedding anniversary next month. If there’s any major announcement to be had, they can do it at anytime now.

My personal take on it all. Just crossing my fingers, toes and eyes for this couple this year and in the next.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #2713  
Old 10-22-2017, 07:29 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Lakewood, United States
Posts: 151
I think a nod to Prince Harry’s military service would be a nice touch. In regard to the media, the frenzy has already begun—anyone who they can get to talk that’s near the inner circle, oh well, let the listener beware!
Reply With Quote
  #2714  
Old 10-22-2017, 08:49 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Thank you soapstar. Now as I mentioned, I'm a curly haired person, so I'd love to see another royal lady with curly hair other than QEII and Lalla Salma. (However I do understand that some with naturally curly hair ie: Kate, Infanta Elena do blow their hair out because it is easier.
Meghan has straight hair now. She's talked about this in a couple of interviews at least. In one of the interviews she did, she was asked what would her teenage self be most impressed about her now. She initially joked and answer that she has straight hair. Hair texture and such do change with age for some people.
Reply With Quote
  #2715  
Old 10-22-2017, 08:57 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Meghan has straight hair now. She's talked about this in a couple of interviews at least. In one of the interviews she did, she was asked what would her teenage self be most impressed about her now. She initially joked and answer that she has straight hair. Hair texture and such do change with age for some people.
Actually Meghan has said in interviews that she straightens her hair. That when on vacation she goes natural and its quite curly.

Here is a bit from an interview

Quote:
“My mom would say to me, ‘Flower, one day you are so gonna be over this hair thing,’ because she has watched me do everything like relaxers and Yuko hair systems. And she’s right: In the past year I stopped doing all that stuff, and when I’m on vacation, my hair is as curly and wild as can be. I have so much hair it’s nuts.”
https://thekit.ca/beauty/seven-thing...meghan-markle/
Reply With Quote
  #2716  
Old 10-22-2017, 09:11 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Actually Meghan has said in interviews that she straightens her hair. That when on vacation she goes natural and its quite curly.

Here is a bit from an interview



https://thekit.ca/beauty/seven-thing...meghan-markle/
Must have changed since that interview was done. Because I haven't seen any curly hair in the pictures she posted on vacation or paparazzi shots.
Reply With Quote
  #2717  
Old 10-22-2017, 09:17 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Must have changed since that interview was done. Because I haven't seen any curly hair in the pictures she posted on vacation or paparazzi shots.
There are plenty of vacation photos where her hair isn't super straight (beach photos and such not when dressed up for a night out on vacation). Its not super head of curls, but definitely natural curl at the ends. Its that way for a lot of people with naturally curly hair. When your hair is long, the curls are weighed down, and it sometimes just comes off as frizzy or slight curl. Its why a lot of people straighten. If she cut her hair short, and she didn't straighten it, the curls would likely be far more prominent.

The point being she has outright said her hair is still curly. She straightens it.
Reply With Quote
  #2718  
Old 10-22-2017, 09:20 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
There are plenty of vacation photos where her hair isn't super straight (beach photos and such not when dressed up for a night out on vacation). Its not super head of curls, but definitely natural curl at the ends. Its that way for a lot of people with naturally curly hair. When your hair is long, the curls are weighed down, and it sometimes just comes off as frizzy or slight curl. Its why a lot of people straighten. If she cut her hair short, and she didn't straighten it, the curls would likely be far more prominent.

The point being she has outright said her hair is still curly. She straightens it.
Yea, I don't think that's the type of curly she was talking about she had when she was little. I think we saw some pics of her as a child and teen in some of the interviews her half siblings and nephew did. Her hair was curly in that. A bit of waviness her and there, meh.
Reply With Quote
  #2719  
Old 10-22-2017, 09:24 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Yea, I don't think that's the type of curly she was talking about she had when she was little. I think we saw some pics of her as a child and teen in some of the interviews her half siblings and nephew did. Her hair was curly in that. A bit of waviness her and there, meh.
Missing the point.

You contradicted a poster who was happy for a princess with naturally curly hair again. You informed them she no longer had curly hair. The reality Meghan DOES have curly hair. It may not be as curly as when a kid, but still is curly. And likely a heck of a lot curlier when short.

Simple point, from Meghan's own mouth, you are wrong. She has curly hair.
Reply With Quote
  #2720  
Old 10-22-2017, 09:25 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Missing the point.

You contradicted a poster who was happy for a princess with naturally curly hair again. You informed them she no longer had curly hair. The reality Meghan DOES have curly hair. It may not be as curly as when a kid, but still is curly. And likely a heck of a lot curlier when short.

Simple point, from Meghan's own mouth, you are wrong. She has curly hair.
Actually, simply put, from other interviews she's done and photos we've seen, she doesn't appear to have curly hair anymore and I stand by that. Can't post YouTube videos from my phone. Will post later
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 36 (9 members and 27 guests)
Alliec76, andrew, Jacknch, MaiaMia_53, QueenPenny, Spectator, Sunnystar, zaika
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Harry and Meghan: The Love Story" eya Royal Library 30 10-28-2017 02:39 AM




Popular Tags
best outfit birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events denmark duchess of cambridge eveningwear dutch state visit earl of snowdon europe general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín james bond king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein margherita monarchy news paris picture of the week prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince nicholas prince oscar prince philip prince sebastian princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen silvia state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family united kingdom victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:29 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises